• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GM OF NINTENDO GERMANY APPARENTLY SAYS WE’LL SEE MARIO KART 8 & SMASH BROS IN SPRING 2014

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Considering it looks like a semi-carbon copy of brawl, I'm not surprised by this release date to be completely honest.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Considering it looks like a semi-carbon copy of brawl, I'm not surprised by this release date to be completely honest.
Taking into consideration that it would still have been in development for longer than Brawl was with a spring release, I guess Brawl was a semi-carbon copy of Melee too?

From a business standpoint, it was a failure. I loved it myself, but when it costs the company that created it money, it's a failure. Games don't help, because the money from the games goes to the developer, not the console company (Nintendo).
Actually, Nintendo always gets a fairly noteable percentage of a game's income when it's sold on their system.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Carbon copy? lol
"Semi"

Carbon copy? lol
"Semi-carbon copy" It's not a stone cold clone of brawl, but it does just look like new stages and a handful of new characters. The rest looks as though it stayed the same minus turning tripping off.

Taking into consideration that it would still have been in development for longer than Brawl was with a spring release, I guess Brawl was a semi-carbon copy of Melee too?

Actually, Nintendo always gets a fairly noteable percentage of a game's income when it's sold on their system.
Don't twist my words, melee and brawl are as different as they come.
This just looks like brawl 2.0.

majora_787

Smash Hero
It doesn't even look like a carbon copy. I think people are still in this mindset that a new Smash game is "Not Melee 2.0, so it's automatically Brawl 2.0".

Even though Sakurai has made perfectly clear that he wants to make this its own game. Which I feel he's doing a good job of so far.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
It doesn't even look like a carbon copy. I think people are still in this mindset that a new Smash game is "Not Melee 2.0, so it's automatically Brawl 2.0".

Even though Sakurai has made perfectly clear that he wants to make this its own game. Which I feel he's doing a good job of so far.
I played Melee longer then Brawl, but I honestly liked Brawl better, so not sure what to think in the end. The way I see it, what I think about it won't matter because it won't change and I'm still going to buy a copy for each console.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
LOL Brawl 2!
Did you guys forget these games are the same series? :estatic:
OF COURSE it's Brawl 2, Brawl is SSB3 and this is SSB4.
And Brawl is Melee 2, because Melee is SSB2 and Brawl is SSB4.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ah well, at least we got some kind of confirmation. Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS will definitely not be releasing somewhere around Spring 2014.

Inb4 someone replying to me "But you can't be sure, he's probably lying!"

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
(next direct) Reggie: The Spring release date rumor was misinformation for Smash, however this official announcement for Spring ins't :troll:.
But Sakurai said Smash wouldn't make a spring release and would be released later.... But that doesn't tell us what they consider a spring release. Perhaps they think that summer starts in May. :p

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
But Sakurai said Smash wouldn't make a spring release and would be released later.... But that doesn't tell us what they consider a spring release. Perhaps they think that summer starts in May. :p
Who even said they meant after Spring, they really mean end of Winter :p (ends March 19 ;)).

Top Bottom