• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GM OF NINTENDO GERMANY APPARENTLY SAYS WE’LL SEE MARIO KART 8 & SMASH BROS IN SPRING 2014

D

Deleted member

I dunno. I'm very skeptical about this. It could happen, but I want to know more about the game.
What are the other modes? What other items are there? What is this "customization" that you speak of? Can you please reveal more veterans and maybe another newcomer? What other stages are there besides the ones shown?

While February would mark SSB4 being in longer development than Brawl, the lack of some information kinda gets me freaked out for a Spring release. I want the game to be released in Spring, but I want to hear more information about the game. So, I wouldn't mind it getting released in August or December.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
You arrive home and insert Smash Wii U, only to go use the restroom while it boots up (totally unrealistic situation). Sakurai slides out from under your bed, steals the disc, and jumps out your window onto Iwata's helicopter.

:troll:
If I had a camera, I'd like him to steal it JUST to see that!

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
One thing that worries me. If this is true and the game is coming out so soon, does that mean we're getting a smallish roster?
if the roster is small the early realse is not to blame because I am sure sakurai already had a roster drawn up, plus the dev is the same as brawl enough time with namco helping to make as big of roster that they want to make

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I also like to note it says "tv titles" which seems to be hinting at the wii u version releasing first

finalark

SNORLAX
If I recall, Reggie announced Brawl's release date for December 2007, but it ended up getting released in March 2008. So take that with a grain of salt.

weegee2407

Smash Cadet
Nintendo is very particular about keeping secrets, so the game is most likely very much farther along in development than the pic of the day or the trailers would indicate. A spring release seems highly plausible. Like soviet said, I wouldn't put it past nintendo to release the console and handheld versions at different times.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
If you weren't all super reasonable in this thread, I would have gone full on animated gif splooge fest. I've been assuming Holiday '14 all along.

EDIT:

f- it I can't resist

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm personally expecting a Fall 2014 release, since that's A: GOTY season and B: decently close to the Holidays.
That is reasonable enough, especially as it accounts for delays and avoids the Holiday season. I do know that Nintendo will not want to compete during the Holiday season of 2014, so Fall seems reasonable and not overly pessimistic.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
If I recall, Reggie announced Brawl's release date for December 2007, but it ended up getting released in March 2008. So take that with a grain of salt.
That was of course due to the delays Brawl experienced. Besides, comparing an officially announced release date to a leaked one (for separate games nonetheless) isn't really justifiable. Especially considering how we have no distinct evidence showing just how far Smash 4 is in its development.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
It definitely seem possible but I really expect it to be released around Summer-Fall 2014

majora_787

Smash Hero
That was of course due to the delays Brawl experienced. Besides, comparing an officially announced release date to a leaked one (for separate games nonetheless) isn't really justifiable. Especially considering how we have no distinct evidence showing just how far Smash 4 is in its development.
The closest thing we have is that it's been in development for some 22 months with the help of Namco. Which is pretty telling in and of itself, especially since a spring release could mean another 6 months.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
So according to some sources the guy was only talking about the Wii U version. Good for the home console's sells, even though I've had one since release, but I really want it for the 3DS (I'm still buying the Wii U one).

majora_787

Smash Hero
So according to some sources the guy was only talking about the Wii U version. Good for the home console's sells, even though I've had one since release, but I really want it for the 3DS (I'm still buying the Wii U one).
I somehow doubt I'll even have a Wii U before I get the 3DS version. Hnnnn I hope if they launch separately they aren't TOO separate.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ah well, Kid Icarus Uprising's very close worldwide release makes me hopeful we don't have to endure this again this time around but ah well... Better not get my hopes up just in case...........

They have been improving a little bit in their release schedules these days though...
I agree. Uprising's near world wide release raises my hopes regarding this game.

And I also agree that Nintendo has gotten better regarding release dates. It didn't help that some countries didn't have NoE branches, relying on other companies to distribute the games. This happened in my country before Nintendo opened their branch here in 2009. I had to wait a few more weeks than the rest of Europe for Brawl, for example.

While February would mark SSB4 being in longer development than Brawl, the lack of some information kinda gets me freaked out for a Spring release. I want the game to be released in Spring, but I want to hear more information about the game. So, I wouldn't mind it getting released in August or December.
Sakurai did say he didn't want to reveal as much information as Brawl, after all... Who knows, maybe there will be a Smash Bros. Direct where they reveal a good chunk of information? Not wanting to raise expectations, but they did that with The Wonderful 101, for example.

If February is the period where this game surpasses Brawl's development time, then a Spring release (possibly ranging from March to June) may not be as far fetched as some people may think. Also, they have a bigger development team this time around too, being partnered with a company that has two well known fighting game series.

majora_787

Smash Hero
If February is the period where this game surpasses Brawl's development time, then a Spring release (possibly ranging from March to June) may not be as far fetched as some people may think. Also, they have a bigger development team this time around too, being partnered with a company that has two well known fighting game series.
Brawl's October '05 - Jan '08
SSB4's Feb '12 - ?

So about 22 months so far to Brawl's accumulative 27.

That's basically how I feel about it myself.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
You arrive home and insert Smash Wii U, only to go use the restroom while it boots up (totally unrealistic situation). Sakurai slides out from under your bed, steals the disc, and jumps out your window onto Iwata's helicopter.

:troll:
Iwata: *laughs*

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Apparently they denied it. One of my friends told me but I don't have actual proof.
They could be lying, but damn that's an hype killer.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So either something slipped out or someone just said it idly as you do.

dnNCEW

Smash Rookie
One thing that worries me. If this is true and the game is coming out so soon, does that mean we're getting a smallish roster?
I have a feeling that Sakurai really holds that "SSE was spoiled because of the internet" point really close to the development of this game. He probably figures if people see all of the game, it ruins the surprise, and as we know Sakurai is full of surprises. Meh, the entire game could be near-finished right now, who knows.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
"Misquotation" they say. Somehow I don't believe that so much as I imagine it was a slip. Whether he said something he didn't mean or revealed something he shouldn't have is hard to say of course, but I doubt the guy doing the interview just wrote stuff down wrong like that. Do any of our German speaking smashers have a better sense of the source to be able to tell what's really going on?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Yeah it kind of comes off as a slip-up cover up statement more than anything else to me.

Guess the only way to find out is to wait and see.

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
Yes I feel like they could have used anything but misquotation as a reason for what happened for us to believe it, but then again I doubt that the source or any other magazine would let Nintendo (or anyone else) throw them under bus saying "it was their fault, they made a mistake" when they didn't.

And no, being German doesn't reveal anything else.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
I'm still fully expecting a Fall 2014 release (an optimistic assumption).

A release date before E3 2014 seems like a prematurely wasted opportunity for a series of this caliber, especially when the event could be used as a massive form of commercialized advertisement for whatever particulars Masahiro Sakurai is willing to divulge.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I don't get why you guys instantly dropped hope that it'll come out soon. Just because they claim it was "misquoted" doesn't mean it won't come out in Spring. My guess is the release date of Smash is supposed to be a "BIG" announcement in one of their upcoming directs, and they just don't want to spill the beans yet.

majora_787

Smash Hero
People saying they feel like this game probably will or has to come out at the very end of 2014 or during 2015 kind of confuse me. No Smash Bros. game, let alone this one which has the assistance of Namco, actually requires what would be near three straight years of development. Smash 64 was done in one year. Melee for just over one year. Brawl in just over two. 30-35 months actually comes off to me as almost too much time for the game's first release and could actually cause a drop-off in quality somewhere along the line where they tried to tape on extra things literally because they had 30 months to do so and they could.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
I am calling bs. Nintendo will announce a date when its good and ready. I am calling this game coming out in the Fall if anything early 2015. I want this is game, but I am in no rush for them to hurry it along. Take your time Smash team.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
There's no way this game's releasing anytime past late 2014. I don't think you realize how long they've been working on it, this time with no cut-scenes or story mode.

In fact, late 2014 would probably be after multiple delays, which they can't afford because of the danger of the Wii U.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am calling bs. Nintendo will announce a date when its good and ready. I am calling this game coming out in the Fall if anything early 2015. I want this is game, but I am in no rush for them to hurry it along. Take your time Smash team.
Early 2015... despite the confirmed 2014 date? You need to brush up on your speculation skills, mate.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
It appears we ganged-up on Kirby. Oh well, at least we told the truth.

Top Bottom