• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Glitch I'd like explained

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
(It's with items, so its not really important)
(I get very specific with these sorta things)
(I'll feel really dumb if this is known.... >_>)

So the other day my friend comes over and we play Brawl for the first time in a while. Normal stuff, normal stuff, then we get bored. We both go random with smashballs on. So he gets ROB and I get ICs. The level goes to Jungle Japes. and we start playing. A little while into the match he gets the smashball. I'm standing under the platform in the middle of the level, near the right edge. Hes above and to the left of me (over the platform). He activates the final smash, I avoid him by running around the level and stuff. He hits me ONCE. With one little stun of ROB's final smash about half way through the total time of his final smash. I manage to avoid the rest of the hits by grabbing onto the ledge, dropping, and grabbing on again over and over again. When I get back up to the platform, after his final smash is over, I notice something:

Everytime I did things that cased "effects" such as dashing midair jump, and attacks, the animations lasted for like 5 times the amount they usually last. As in, When I dashed, the "smoke" from the dash started lifting so slowly off the ground, that by the time it disappeared, I could run across the level and back. The CLOSEST thing I can think that comes close to this is when you gt that one "Timer" item and everything slows down. But I assure you that item wasn't on and that I could move at full speed.

Now only animations that don't really do anything were effected when I was messing around with it. As in, dashing, second jump, the sparkle thing thats on IC's hands just as blizzard starts, and little glitter things that fly our of the IC's hammers during their Side-B, and smoke from smashes (ESPECIALLY DSMASH).

Now other animations like the actual blizzard attack, weren't effected. They Ice blocks that IC's shoot came out at normal speed, and traveled at normal speed. Belay (I think thats how its spelled) was normal too. Everything went at normal speeds except the "unimportant animations".

Repeated Dsmashes were RIDICULOUS. It was like IC's Melee wavedashing smoke X 3.

The bad news: No vids. =(
The idiot grabed onto the ledge on his last stock while leaving the controller unattended to help me find a camera. Well needless to say he fell off and got swept away in the water. The match lasted 4:03, so no replay.

I can answer all questions about other specific things if I remember. >_>
I just really want to know what happened as it was a very WTF moment.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Hm... you mean the cosmetic animations were malfunctioning?
Odd glitch. O_o

I wouldn't know what could of caused it, either... but sometimes games just don't work like they really should - happens.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Thats normal with the IC's regarding FS. You really notice it when they land right? I know what you mean.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥Very lengthy post for such a small glitch! ;)

♥So basically, the animations of everything lagged behind while everything else went on? If so, very interesting, but not that helpful... ^__^;

JacobWins

Smash Journeyman
I've heard of something kinda like this with the timer item. After using it against ICs Nana's ''bam'' animations will act as if they're still in slow-mo.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Nana's animation becomes slower after any FS for some reason. Its alright that you didn't know because you have to have smashballs on.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It was both characters animations if that matters.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Wow this is strange. I read about this glitch you had, shut off my computer, went to play brawl and the exact same glitch happened to me, I swear to god.

It was with IC's like you said. I saw the smoke from them running and everything was slowed down. Not their actual movements but all the special effects and all that were slowed down.

It only happened for a few seconds because I killed the IC's shortly after but I know it happened.

But with me this glitch WAS caused by that Timer Item.

I was on Pokemon Stadium 1 just if you were wondering

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
._.
Oh well.
This is why items are troublesome.

LittleV

Smash Rookie
It's happened to me many times, with and without items like you said.
But, the only place it has happened to me would be on Wifi.
And on top of that, sometimes the animations STAY there, lol.
Once when the IC's got KO'ed...the animations for the smoke and stuff, was still there.
Didn't leave for a while, <_<
Got so distracted.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
I know this glitch, Basically all background animations such as dust or hit lights are like it is in slo-mo, however, that game itself is not.
It happens every now and then. and it is odd.

Top Bottom