• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gliding is now officially broken

rabbet

Smash Cadet
Stalling a match IS somewhat worrisome, especially in light of all the online Smash League stuff in development, where there would be no moderator of any kind to decide whether or not what someone is doing is legal. Sure, you could ban such and such sorts of stalls (ala Peach bombserstall in Melee), but that leads to some pretty extreme gray area. I hear that Ike can ledgestall infinitely by making use of the autosweetspot and the superarmor frames on his up+b and there's nothing that can be done about it. Obviously I don't know if there is truly no way to interrupt it since I haven't played it but it could still lead to some pretty stupid situations in an online league match. I've also seen Pit under Smashville from edge to edge, seemingly faster than his opponent could catch him.

This is assuming that the matches will be set to stock WITH a time limit, as they were in Melee. Perhaps we'll just do away with the time limit in some situations, which would pretty much solve that problem.
well we can save game matches now right???

it could be a rule that if ne1 does sumthing illegal the accused can provide proof via a replay of the match

PilotEvan

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't believe that you can just glide everywhere you want. I think the game is just programmed that you can only go so far above your starting height. Notice that he starts on the platform on the left and is plenty high enough to go back to the right side of the stage above the rightmost ledge. He then uses the Shuttle Loop to both turn himself around and reset his starting height (as he eventually tumbles from going above his limit) and makes it back to the end. Just imagine an invisible line at the point of where you begin to glide that you can't go much further above, and anything below is fair game to do prettty much whatever you want (though only in one direction); that's how I believe it's set up, though I'm not sure (as I've never played the game). But this definately doesn't make it broken if you can't go much higher than your starting height anyway.

Lant

Smash Journeyman
Pretty awesome, but doesn't really seem broken to me. Infact it seems balanced.

You pair MK against somebody like Ike, MK can recover really well, but Ike can KO him from very low % and there's a good chance his Smash attack'll instantly KO him. MK on the other hand doesn't really have many kill-moves from what I can see.

That's a pretty loltastic glide he does though.

WiiPlaya77

Smash Cadet
they gotta land sometime...it's not broken, just fun, besides, a lot of charcters can get back from anywhere on pretty much every stage, the point is to knock them out and guard where they try to land, it'll be ok, it's also not the fastest technique out there.

Top Bottom