• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Give a huge applause for Doshin the Giant

Doshin for Smash 5?

• Total voters

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I'm not really too big on having him as a fighter but having a Doshin the Giant stage would be so cool
I know how you feel, there are some who thinks that too, and I don't blame them. Anything Doshin related in Ultimate would be fantastic, and I'd be thrilled if he became an Assist Trophy or a stage element, but regarding playability, he'd be the ultimate WTF character, and I'd love that.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Hopefully this board isn't dead, but I would love Doshin for Smash Ultimate! I would like to be added to the list of supporters if it's not too much trouble :)

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Hopefully this board isn't dead, but I would love Doshin for Smash Ultimate! I would like to be added to the list of supporters if it's not too much trouble :)
Welcome aboard as an Islander of Barudo! :)

It's not dead, per say, but it's very silent and peaceful at the moment.
People do think Doshin seem to be quite obscure, but I think he'd be the perfect WTF type of choice, and there are so much potential in the character!
Glad to see there are more islanders out there to fill the Island of the incarnation of the sun!

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041

People do think Doshin seem to be quite obscure, but I think he'd be the perfect WTF type of choice, and there are so much potential in the character!
Glad to see there are more islanders out there to fill the Island of the incarnation of the sun!
Gosh, I love the kindness and almost peacefulness of this board. Doshin would feel like the perfect oddball character, and it'd be super cool to the see the character represented in something recent, especially in something as big (no pun intended) as Smash Bros.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I will only support Doshin if his facial expressions never change, even when he's hit. He has to be always smiling.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Gosh, I love the kindness and almost peacefulness of this board. Doshin would feel like the perfect oddball character, and it'd be super cool to the see the character represented in something recent, especially in something as big (no pun intended) as Smash Bros.
Could be because he is such obscure that he does not have any enemies. People don't care to attack, because Doshin poses no treat, and he is all about being the love giant. It's part of his nature, but ... of course, he does have a shadow side with Jashin. That's the whole gimmick!

Glad you like it, and again, welcome aboard, pleasure to see you here!

I will only support Doshin if his facial expressions never change, even when he's hit. He has to be always smiling.
Doshin is all about that smile. I guess I take it you wish to become an islander?

NukeA6

Smash Master
Doshin is all about that smile. I guess I take it you wish to become an islander?
I always found the big yellow guy very amusing and I do like size-changers so yeah, make me an islander. Isabelle just isn't weird enough.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

It's nice to see this thread regaining a bit of traction! Just wanted to stop by and say that I still support Doshin/Jashin for Smash!

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I always found the big yellow guy very amusing and I do like size-changers so yeah, make me an islander. Isabelle just isn't weird enough.
Glad to hear that, you are now an Islander of Barudo, welcome!

It's nice to see this thread regaining a bit of traction! Just wanted to stop by and say that I still support Doshin/Jashin for Smash!
Thanks, and I agree, it is.
Everything starts small, and then it grows, kinda like Doshin, right?

Edit: Also, we have hit 50 posts, and over 10 supporters. This is the first milestones!

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Doshin.png

I've had a huge blast playing Super Smash Bros Ultimate the past couple of days, and the roster is pretty much perfect from before, but no doubt are there some ideas that comes to mind during the DLC Speculation period. We already know that Joker from Persona 5, and Piranha Plant. Nintendo is indeed calling the shots this time, which makes me think 3rd Parties, and I don't mind that at all, but I do hope they don't forget that Smash is first and foremost a Nintendo game, and that they prioritize that as well.

What Joker and Piranha Plant screams, is, however, unique design gameplay potentials. And, as a giant pipe dream of mine, Doshin the Giant is of course amongst them. I would not consider myself sane if I said he was the most likely, or somewhat likely at all, but the element of surprise is always possible, and as it is one of my pipe-dreams, of course I would like to at least give a support shoutout to the big guy.

Doshin screams unique, and I think would make a perfect addition to the already perfect roster. And therefore would like to still support the big guy during the DLC speculation.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
View attachment 183625

I've had a huge blast playing Super Smash Bros Ultimate the past couple of days, and the roster is pretty much perfect from before, but no doubt are there some ideas that comes to mind during the DLC Speculation period. We already know that Joker from Persona 5, and Piranha Plant. Nintendo is indeed calling the shots this time, which makes me think 3rd Parties, and I don't mind that at all, but I do hope they don't forget that Smash is first and foremost a Nintendo game, and that they prioritize that as well.

What Joker and Piranha Plant screams, is, however, unique design gameplay potentials. And, as a giant pipe dream of mine, Doshin the Giant is of course amongst them. I would not consider myself sane if I said he was the most likely, or somewhat likely at all, but the element of surprise is always possible, and as it is one of my pipe-dreams, of course I would like to at least give a support shoutout to the big guy.

Doshin screams unique, and I think would make a perfect addition to the already perfect roster. And therefore would like to still support the big guy during the DLC speculation.
This sure was neat to read! I hope you don't mind me saying it, but I don't think Doshin/Jashin will be happening as Smash Ultimate DLC. I mean, never say never... I'm just not getting my hopes up for either of them right now. I can certainly see them as more likely for the base roster of a Smash game, though...

BTW, do either of them appear as Spirits in Ultimate? I'm almost certain I've seen Doshin as a Spirit...

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
This sure was neat to read! I hope you don't mind me saying it, but I don't think Doshin/Jashin will be happening as Smash Ultimate DLC. I mean, never say never... I'm just not getting my hopes up for either of them right now. I can certainly see them as more likely for the base roster of a Smash game, though...

BTW, do either of them appear as Spirits in Ultimate? I'm almost certain I've seen Doshin as a Spirit...

I have not come across him, and just searched him, I found a topic of it.
So, no, Doshin is not a spirit, which make some people think he will be playable, which I think is weird, but it's nice to dream.

Yeah, I think Doshin would fit better in a base roster rather than as a DLC.
What Doshin does have going for him over a lot of others are his unique potential of gameplay, which seems like Sakurai really favors.
DLC pass 1-5 ? No. That's Nintendo calling the shots. However, if there are any future DLC, maybe Sakurai will have more to say again over the roster, and then it's all full on war amongst those who were not picked for these 5 ones + PP.

Design vise, perfect addition.
Recognizabilitiy? Obscure to say the least. Only because the game was not released in America.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I have not come across him, and just searched him, I found a topic of it.
So, no, Doshin is not a spirit, which make some people think he will be playable, which I think is weird, but it's nice to dream.

Yeah, I think Doshin would fit better in a base roster rather than as a DLC.
What Doshin does have going for him over a lot of others are his unique potential of gameplay, which seems like Sakurai really favors.
DLC pass 1-5 ? No. That's Nintendo calling the shots. However, if there are any future DLC, maybe Sakurai will have more to say again over the roster, and then it's all full on war amongst those who were not picked for these 5 ones + PP.

Design-wise, perfect addition.
Recognizabilitiy? Obscure to say the least. Only because the game was not released in America.
Aw, I thought so...

Well, what you're doing is still very commendable! I also feel that Doshin has enough uniqueness to be playable, ESPECIALLY with his alter-ego Jashin (who he could maybe switch out with during attacks). I mean, let's be real here: Sakurai could make almost ANYONE playable, provided he has the tools. Obscurity is what's REALLY hurting Doshin/Jashin right now.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey, guys! Guess what?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Drawn by Ko Takeuchi, the chief character designer for the WarioWare and Rhythm Heaven series! I have to say, it's nice to see Doshin get some recognition, however it may be.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Wow, that's amazing!

I agree, it's really nice.
The art does indeed remind me of WarioWare, and it would be fun if the WW series made a true Doshin cameo.
I don't think it implies anything else, but some fanservice, and it's really awesome!

Thanks for sharing!

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
I’ll always support the inclusion of first party characters over any third party choice.

Smash needs a huge, doofy, yellow guy :grin:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So I just saw this thread, and I can’t believe he’s not even a Spirit (I swear to God I thought I’d fought him)

So yeah, I support.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'm rather surprised that anyone still remembered Doshin and Jashin in Japan actually. I was always worried that they were those kinds of characters that weren't even that popular in their home country, but I guess I was wrong!

Crap-Zapper Crap-Zapper I agree! Doshin making a cameo in WarioWare would be really fun to see. In fact he'd probably work even better making a Rhythm Heaven cameo!

GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 I thought the same thing! I could have sworn I saw Doshin and Jashin as Spirits!

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Oddly enough, Doshin were Japanese and European exclusive.
European exclusives. How often do you see or hear that?

I remember getting this for my birthday not having any knowledge of it's existence. I just had a GameCube, and my auntie or mum found it, and thought it could be fun, and it's like one of the weirdest experience at the time. I loved things that had a bit of a faster phasing than Doshin, but as I grew up I got a soft spot for the character and the series.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Saw this on YouTube and thought it was worth sharing here.
Glad to see Doshin in some sort of media nowdays.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Remind me, someone on SmashBoards made the suggestion of Doshin/Jashin being an AT, right? What was the effect they would have had? I think Doshin would protect you from any incoming attacks, and Jashin would attack you and everyone else, right?

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Remind me, someone on SmashBoards made the suggestion of Doshin/Jashin being an AT, right? What was the effect they would have had? I think Doshin would protect you from any incoming attacks, and Jashin would attack you and everyone else, right?
The potential of this is quite large, really. Say Doshin walks around on the stage protecting the summoner, growing with love, but if others attack Doshin then he turns into Jashin and emerges with a strong attack!

Also! Here comes why I'm back lol, nothing much more than perhaps one of the coolest dreams ever, involving Doshin the Giant!

So, in my dream I was travelling with boat to an island. I went onboard the island and had to wait either 5 hours for the next, or if it was too late, then another day, however, on the island was a gift shop. Epic t-shirt designs of Skull Kid from Majora's Mask, and next to it was this awesome Doshin the Giant t-shirt. It was like beige/yellow ish, with dark outlines of Doshin extending he's arms out from an angle near the right side of the shirt, with some huge text I could not decipher (I'm actually considering trying to realize this t-shirt since it was so lit, I really want it !!!).

After that, I dreamt up a Doshin the Giant game! Since the Nintendo Mini, with the Skull Kid DLC for Credence of Hyrule, it was in that style. You play as Doshin, walking around defending the island from invaders/monsters, he did spin attacks, he stomped, and he spinned around while spitting blue fire. Some really interesting attacks, while walking around saving the islanders. Imagine in the sprite style of Credence of Hyrule. THAT WAS EPIC.

I have not dreamt of Doshin before lol, so I just had to bring it forth!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The potential of this is quite large, really. Say Doshin walks around on the stage protecting the summoner, growing with love, but if others attack Doshin then he turns into Jashin and emerges with a strong attack!
Ah, I see! Such a unique concept! May I ask if Jashin would attack the summoner?

Also! Here comes why I'm back lol, nothing much more than perhaps one of the coolest dreams ever, involving Doshin the Giant!

So, in my dream I was travelling with boat to an island. I went onboard the island and had to wait either 5 hours for the next, or if it was too late, then another day, however, on the island was a gift shop. Epic t-shirt designs of Skull Kid from Majora's Mask, and next to it was this awesome Doshin the Giant t-shirt. It was like beige/yellow ish, with dark outlines of Doshin extending he's arms out from an angle near the right side of the shirt, with some huge text I could not decipher (I'm actually considering trying to realize this t-shirt since it was so lit, I really want it !!!).

After that, I dreamt up a Doshin the Giant game! Since the Nintendo Mini, with the Skull Kid DLC for Credence of Hyrule, it was in that style. You play as Doshin, walking around defending the island from invaders/monsters, he did spin attacks, he stomped, and he spinned around while spitting blue fire. Some really interesting attacks, while walking around saving the islanders. Imagine in the sprite style of Credence of Hyrule. THAT WAS EPIC.

I have not dreamt of Doshin before lol, so I just had to bring it forth!
Whoa, what a dream! A new Doshin game in the style of Cadence of Hyrule... Man, would I LOVE to see that!

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Woah! I didn't know Doshin had a support thread on here. I guess all the N64 beta talk has people having N64 on the mind.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Count me in for support! I think Nintendo should also make a remake and a sequel of Doshin the Giant.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Woah! I didn't know Doshin had a support thread on here. I guess all the N64 beta talk has people having N64 on the mind.
You know, now that you mention it... what do you think are the odds that games like Doshin the Giant or SimCity 64 will end up having leaked content?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You know, now that you mention it... what do you think are the odds that games like Doshin the Giant or SimCity 64 will end up having leaked content?
I would say chances are decent. Though it wouldn't be that interesting in my opinion because those games actually got released on the N64DD. It would be cool though to see those games on the N64 Mini along with the F-Zero X: Expansion Kit.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'd love to have a Smash character with a huge size as their gimmick, that was a huge missed opportunity with Ridley.
I actually love how Ridley turned out. The downscale doesn't bother me one bit. The only thing they could have added is his tail hop move but that could have been broken if they added that. Now it would be amazing to see Dr. Eggman as a fighter in one of his mechs.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I actually love how Ridley turned out. The downscale doesn't bother me one bit. The only thing they could added his his tail hop move but they could have been broken if they added that. Now it would be amazing to see Dr. Eggman in one of his mechs.
That isn't exactly what I meant - Ridley in Smash is brilliant and I wish I wasn't so naively opposed to him back in the 3DS/Wii U days, I more mean that having him be bigger (not Giga Bowser big, but about as big as say, an upper mid-sized character using a Super Mushroom) as a gimmick would've been, if done right, absolutely brilliant.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That isn't exactly what I meant - Ridley in Smash is brilliant and I wish I wasn't so naively opposed to him back in the 3DS/Wii U days, I more mean that having him be bigger (not Giga Bowser big, but about as big as say, an upper mid-sized character using a Super Mushroom) as a gimmick would've been, if done right, absolutely brilliant.
Seeing Ridley get in made me had more hope for K. Rool and he got in right after. Ridley also gives me hope for other huge characters like Dr. Eggman in his mech, Wart, Tron Bonne in her mech, ect. Ridley killed off the "Too big" fan rule. If they can downscale Ridley, they can pretty much downscale any character if they want to.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Ah, I see! Such a unique concept! May I ask if Jashin would attack the summoner?

Whoa, what a dream! A new Doshin game in the style of Cadence of Hyrule... Man, would I LOVE to see that!
Absolutely, rage attack over the closest individual.

I KNOW, RIGHT!? I can't believe how awesome it was, it would be a pretty awesome way to reimagine the Doshin series.

Yeah, I made it a long time ago. I just think the concept would be amazing, and it's a pipedream for sure, but anything Doshin would be cool. What is the talk about N64 beta content?

Count me in for support! I think Nintendo should also make a remake and a sequel of Doshin the Giant.
Sure! Welcome to the island. Glad to have you onboard. And indeed, a new Doshin game in this day and age would be an interesting concept.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
What is the talk about N64 beta content?
A HUGE leak called the Giga leak got dumped on 4chan and it has the source codes to a lot of the big Nintendo games from the 80s, 90s, and 00s as well as unrelease games and beta content. Zelda 64 has been dumped and they found a Luigi model in SM64's source code. There is a lot more than that and they're still digging into the files. It's all just overwhelming.

Last edited:
Top Bottom