• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
no *sigh* you cant escape from his throws in that sense, i mean you can avoid the 2nd klaw even landing most likely

you can still escape from all grabs the same as in melee as well, all the normal grabs anyways (theres no way to escape from bowsers once it hits you)

the graphics look good, but he looks like a "girl with a gun"

thats how i described her in my notes anwyays lol
Heh, thanks a TON for all the Brawl info and Saki info, Gimpy. You rock as much as all these emotes combined. (Don't take that as an insult >_>)

:uzi: :smiliegor: :smash: :enforcer: :chainsaw: :sniper: :rocket: :bigrocket:

Heh. Got a little carried away there :p

Zink

Smash Champion
that was far less exciting then I thought it would be :(
huh maybe I should make a tags thread.
anyway, video blogs are cool. will they include gameplay or will it basically be you reading the stuff you posted?

-ike is top tier

Florida

イーグランツ
Hey Gimpy, I don't know if you've realized this while at E for All, but whenever you perform Bowser's forward smash, it sends the opponent flying in the opposite direction that Bowser is facing. What's up with this? Lol.

I was at Bridge of Eldin, playing in the "finals" of the tournament, and I nailed a Mario with the forward smash rather close to the edge, and I just sent him back toward the middle of the stage. It was idiotic.
Since you're a Bowser master, you've probably noticed this change.

P.S.:
I noticed in your Smashwiki that you go to CBU. Do you know a Mark Gruntz?

P.S.S.:
I asked you this before in a PM, never got a response :p

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
bowser's forward smash will send you backwards in both games if your head goes past the character when you hit them, it sends them the other way because the hitbox hits on the other half of the character

Samus-T

Smash Lord
but sakurai didnt intend for alternative costumes so no one even think about it!those sakurai intended ffas were were so legit it wasnt even funny gimpy lol

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
is that implying that you can combo with ike? i'm sorry but that is incorrect

sakurai did not intend for roy to combo
But what about that black guy* who thanked him for Roy?

*See SamuraiPanda's translation thread

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
@ Gimpy

is the smell of ammonia coming from the Grimer below you? if so, you can just hand it over... jk

Cort

Apple Head
lol, says the Gimpyfish!

But yeah seriously, I just noticed him and was slightly disturbed.

Anyway... *awaits vlogs*

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
http://smashboards.com/member.php?u=66205

OMG WOW if you read this thread guy who i just linked too you seriously need to calm down on your posting wow wtf
This is the Nintendo Spy. I was going to create a topic to present my evidence in
by its already posted in another topic.

BTW: Can you explain Bowsers Super armor better on his front smash?
does it give you super armer the whole time while chargeing it?

jacer

Smash Cadet
NNID
thejacer87
so how do you aim the fire with the c stick?

if youre pressing B with your right thumb do you have to use your left thumb to c stick or sumthin

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
Land Canceling B moves– by this I mean things like Falcon’s short hop blaster from melee or needle canceling or other things like that. In general it seems like this has been removed, at least in the things we tried. Diddy can't short hop peanut gun cancel spam, sorry guys.

i think u meant falco not falcon =)
o man i wish falcon's introduced already!!!
i hope he keeps his knee and moonwalk in brawl

courte

Smash Lord
Land Canceling B moves– by this I mean things like Falcon’s short hop blaster from melee or needle canceling or other things like that. In general it seems like this has been removed, at least in the things we tried. Diddy can't short hop peanut gun cancel spam, sorry guys.

i think u meant falco not falcon =)
o man i wish falcon's introduced already!!!
i hope he keeps his knee and moonwalk in brawl

i doubt any secret characters from previous installments will be introduced -- ness falcon from 64 specifically-- although i do expect them in the game... with that it brings to thought what type of insanity we'll see in the captain this time around besides even if its a psuedo-veteran i'd feel better with less characters announced, even if they'll be hard as hell to unlock it sorta takes away the appeal a bit

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
Gimpy: I agree. The reason noobs are noobs isn't because they couldn't grasp technical play. In fact, I think most people stress the technical game far too much. Obviously having complete control over your character is a must, but intelligent gameplay is the most important aspect of Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl. Noobs are noobs because they don't learn, they don't adapt, and they don't play intelligently. You need to treat is as a thinking game.

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom