• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gheb's messy mafia madness | Day 3

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Honestly, I'm still a bit concerned about Moosy. He's been joke-posting pretty much the entire game (even after the "lol b8ted" post,) and I don't remember Moosy joking about the possibility of being scum every other post last time I played with him.
aaaah well I've never played with him before but that sounds valid I guess. His suggestion... trap... thing... came off as pretty town to me after he explained it though. and I sort of empathize with half-serious posts because I do the same thing (he is taking it too far though).

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Wait, that role is THE 3rd party role?! I thout it was an example, too.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
you're being awfully nice/passive to the only player you have as leaning mafia... why aren't you casting a vote to turn up the pressure huh?
Holding my vote to see who I want it on of the people left.

I'm asking him to see if I am wrong, I can see this being more likely than other areas.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
aaaah well I've never played with him before but that sounds valid I guess. His suggestion... trap... thing... came off as pretty town to me after he explained it though. and I sort of empathize with half-serious posts because I do the same thing (he is taking it too far though).
Why?

He's taking it way farther than he should and need to answer for holding onto his reads at this point.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Him holding on to his reads DEFINITELY isn't making him any less suspicious

Maven89

Smash Master
We're only 2 votes away from a lynch, I was about to vote for J but realized it'd just take one more person to vote and the day is over

People might want to unvote?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I think we're three votes away from lynch. According to vote count Moosy, Red Ryu, #HBC | J, Rake are not safe

Why?

He's taking it way farther than he should and need to answer for holding onto his reads at this point.
i thought he admitted that his reads are negative on me and positive on some others that challenged his post about voting??

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I see planning simple ruses to get reads (at the start especially) as town (and something I would do <_<).

i share the concern that he doesn't seem to making it as productive as he should. his post comes off as... "this is what I did lol guess I'm done now have fun with that". whereas I would be more aggressive and specific about what I got out of the ruse.

on the other hand, it seems internally consistent and genuine. I even accused him of focusing too much on the vote system!! which is what he wanted. so there's that.

if he doesn't answer my question in #245 he is dead to me though

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Mossy's Dodged Questions:
  • #201 (although he quoted it and just said that I was accusing him of Mafish behavior, then continued to answer no questions)
MoosyDoosy MoosyDoosy ALWAYS answer questions when you are asked about something. Dodging questions doesn't help your winstate no matter what alignment you are (unless you're playing Jester,) and just makes you look like a bad player.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I see planning simple ruses to get reads (at the start especially) as town (and something I would do <_<).

i share the concern that he doesn't seem to making it as productive as he should. his post comes off as... "this is what I did lol guess I'm done now have fun with that". whereas I would be more aggressive and specific about what I got out of the ruse.

on the other hand, it seems internally consistent and genuine. I even accused him of focusing too much on the vote system!! which is what he wanted. so there's that.

I think you are giving him way too much credit on this.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
I think you are giving him way too much credit on this.
:D Hush.

Honestly, I'm still a bit concerned about Moosy. He's been joke-posting pretty much the entire game (even after the "lol b8ted" post,) and I don't remember Moosy joking about the possibility of being scum every other post last time I played with him.
:D Ohhhh, you have no idea. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Be excited for any future games I sign up for but pray you don't roll the same alignment as me.

We're only 2 votes away from a lynch, I was about to vote for J but realized it'd just take one more person to vote and the day is over

People might want to unvote?
Unvote
Vote: #HBC J

As I've said before, something is still off about Maven. I would appreciate it if people kept their votes off of him and let RNG decide between me and him. Also, I'd actually rather prefer that no one vote for me. Game isn't fun otherwise. We can focus on getting Mafia to vote for each other on D2.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
:D Then I'm dead.

Mossy's Dodged Questions:
  • #201 (although he quoted it and just said that I was accusing him of Mafish behavior, then continued to answer no questions)
MoosyDoosy MoosyDoosy ALWAYS answer questions when you are asked about something. Dodging questions doesn't help your winstate no matter what alignment you are (unless you're playing Jester,) and just makes you look like a bad player.
Idrc whether I look like a bad player tbh. And I am Jester.

Maven89

Smash Master
Unvote
Vote: #HBC J

As I've said before, something is still off about Maven. I would appreciate it if people kept their votes off of him and let RNG decide between me and him. Also, I'd actually rather prefer that no one vote for me. Game isn't fun otherwise. We can focus on getting Mafia to vote for each other on D2.
If you have a problem with me then why are you voting for the person I was going to vote for? You didn't even explain your vote

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ Was the Indie role PM in the OP supposed to be an example role, or were you telling us that there is a Guardian Angel in this game?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
And I am Jester.
I don't believe you; I've been in DGames for over a year and have never seen a Jester in play. In addition, having a Jester in a game is a generally bad idea because it's so easy to win with and it punishes town for lynching someone of a different alignment. It's a stupid role and I have enough faith in Gheb's gamemaking abilities to know that he wouldn't include a Jester in any of his games. I think you're fakeclaiming to avoid the pressure that is being placed upon you and to dodge legitimate questions about your contradictory play, and decrease the likelihood of you getting lynched.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Is it just me or Sparky is trying a bit too hard on this Moosy push especially with his most recent post about the Jester?

Seems a bit, forced? I don't know, Sparky seems odd this game and I have to agree I can't put my finger on it but currently I don't particularly like it besides being active.

Vult Redux Vult Redux Can you talk to me a bit about why you decided Sparky needs to be saved since your vote is on him?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Is it just me or Sparky is trying a bit too hard on this Moosy push especially with his most recent post about the Jester?

Seems a bit, forced? I don't know, Sparky seems odd this game and I have to agree I can't put my finger on it but currently I don't particularly like it besides being active.

Vult Redux Vult Redux Can you talk to me a bit about why you decided Sparky needs to be saved since your vote is on him?
He's taking some of it too literally.

Which I'm not a fan of but not sure if it is pushing too hard or fishing for more on him.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
He was trying to engage Moosy (like me) and I took it as town.

I would agree that his recent posts come off as fluffy.

Actually I completely agree with both of your opinions on Spak and might be willing to switch my vote.

but no one should unvote because it's fun to watch Red Ryu SQUIRM. :p

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Has anyone played with Spak before? And could provide judgment on whether his behavior is consistent with previous games?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
He was trying to engage Moosy (like me) and I took it as town.

I would agree that his recent posts come off as fluffy.

Actually I completely agree with both of your opinions on Spak and might be willing to switch my vote.

but no one should unvote because it's fun to watch Red Ryu SQUIRM. :p
;_;

but I do not want the day to end so I can check where people voted and why.

I think a lot of people have been sitting on there RVS votes.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Has anyone played with Spak before? And could provide judgment on whether his behavior is consistent with previous games?
Sometimes he digs into things like this hard, but other times he has done this to fish for town credit when mafia. When he was mafia it was out of nowhere like him defending a random person making a huge counter case after doing nothing.

Hard to explain it's like when he is doing some or the other it's mostly apparent which it is just right now I'm not sure.

I want to lean it more on town here since I'm still not a fan of Moozy with his play her making some sense with his research into the past stuff that happened.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Sometimes he digs into things like this hard, but other times he has done this to fish for town credit when mafia. When he was mafia it was out of nowhere like him defending a random person making a huge counter case after doing nothing.

Hard to explain it's like when he is doing some or the other it's mostly apparent which it is just right now I'm not sure.

I want to lean it more on town here since I'm still not a fan of Moozy with his play her making some sense with his research into the past stuff that happened.
Thank you.

I was thinking more on the lines of figuring out if he consistently takes things literally. If his #260 is inconsistent with his past games then that would send me mega scum signals

Maven89

Smash Master
I find the behavior consistent with how he plays as either alignment.

I agree with J, but I'd add his "list of questions Moosey dodged" post to be the list of him trying too hard. Moosey is clearly aware of these questions, Spak's post seems more directed at everyone else and comes off more like it's trying to get a Moosey lynch then get him to respond. The jester part J pointed out has the same vibe.

Maybe Moosey is just a super laid back guy who doesn't want to take it seriously? It's an option, I doubt Spak v Moosey is SvS. It could be TvT, though, if Spak is just overeager due to mafia withdraw and Moosey is just ******* around.

Moosey voting for J still really, really bugs me though. He's either trolling us or being reckless/overconfident scum, because I don't understand why he would do that.

Darkpit54 Darkpit54 I see you viewing, what are your thoughts on all this?

Maven89

Smash Master
Looking back on Moosey...he's coming off more like a giant troll. I'd be fine putting him down just to stop it if we have no other choice, but we should still hold back with the votes right now. We don't even have a deadline, and lynches are real easy to get in this game.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Moosey voting for J still really, really bugs me though.
Why?

Darkpit54 Darkpit54 I see you viewing, what are your thoughts on all this?
¬_¬ interesting questioning technique....

Looking back on Moosey...he's coming off more like a giant troll. I'd be fine putting him down just to stop it if we have no other choice
¬_¬

but we should still hold back with the votes right now. We don't even have a deadline, and lynches are real easy to get in this game.
¬_¬ ¬_¬ ¬_¬

how are you gonna whine that it's too easy to secure lynches and suggest a compromise lynch on the same post???

you're on my radar now, mister...

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I actually hadn't viewed the most recent posts. I was playing Smash and just left it on this page.

I'm not sure about Spak, but I don't THINK he's scum. I'm not completely sure how I feel about Moosy...

Don't have any reads on Red, J, or Maven yet.

I somewhat trust Vult.

I haven't even SEEN Rake since the game started.

Those are my reads so far

How many votes are we from a lynch? 3?

Maven89

Smash Master
If you have a problem with me then why are you voting for the person I was going to vote for? You didn't even explain your vote
Was what I said to Moosey when he voted J

how are you gonna whine that it's too easy to secure lynches and suggest a compromise lynch on the same post???
That's a misreading of what I said. Moosey isn't a compromise lynch, from what I see he's still the public's #1 choice for a lynch. I'm saying that if it comes down to deadline and we have nothing but what we have right now, I'd be fine lynching Moosey even if he might just be trolling. I believe he's trolling because his posts don't show any attempt to live at all. He's actually putting in grinning smilies when doing things people tell him not to. It's incredibly anti-town but not very pro-scum. I'm getting the vibe that he's trolling us. He's done this before, in another game, but then it was a few days in and only after he was upset people weren't listening to him.

Top Bottom