• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting down to the Wifi Basics: Sakurai talks more about Nintendo WFC

crush_T_asain

Smash Apprentice
just a thought but i think the items will be liek just a normal item selcet screen and you pick the one you want and if another person wants them theyll be added so for ex
mario: picks in his item screen smashball,fireflower and pokeball
link: picks in his item screen smashball and ATs
pikachu: picks in his item screen smashball and pokeball
kirby: picks in his item screen smashball and cracker bomb

so the smashball and the pokeballs would be in...the fireflower ,Ats and cracker bombs are left out because only one person wants them(maybe they would just appear less often while the others would appear more frequently)

Flipinogamer

Smash Cadet

This was the first picture shown about wifi.

This was the second picture and it seems an "options" was added.

Shown in a previous update, is this really the "options" menu?

and by the way...

It seems this is the starter character list and you can vote on stages and items(I think you can vote on items) on the top right side. The match is set to a two minute KO fest. But, as people said before, I think you can change the mode of the game like to stock or change the time. But how?

also...

For some reason, the cursor says "1 COIN". Does this mean you vote by placing coins? Like the more coins you place, the more votes you make for that place?

This was a strange update. O.o

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
I usually agree with this blog, but i disagree with your interpretations in this post. First off he said,

"Huh? We’re already at character selection? That’s right. You don’t make any rooms."

So when you talked about who hosts it having control with the item switch, you are sadly mistaken.

Next he said,

"You go straight to the character-selection screen..."
"Then you go to stage selection."

Not exactly what i call vague, it was pretty straight forward.

Nextly, He said,

"If one of your opponents chooses a character you haven’t unlocked yet, it will be spoiled for you immediately. But even without this mode, given the proliferation of the Internet these days, the existence of hidden characters is going to get exposed anyway. So, this time I’m moving in the direction of not being too hung up on hidden characters."

Nowhere in this does it say because you see them you can directly unlock them, you simple are spoiled of the suprize when you do unlock them in the SE mode.

Basically i do not think you read this article carefully enough. You made many assumptions in this post, and though it gave good thought, it also gave some false information, sorry to sound mean, but i very much dissagree with this post, i thought it was a very good update, and though you thought it was vaugue if you read it carfully it is pretty clear.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
There aren't going to be any hosts though. He said you don't make a room or something like that :confused:
Someone still has to be the host because the connection isn't determined by Nintendo's servers, it's a direct connection to other Wii's.

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
i like metaknights alternate costume it looks pretty sweet. I like how most of the unlockables r in subspace emissaray thats pretty cool to.

miliind4

Smash Rookie
ok maybe the character select screen is from the demo, but what about the stage select? it has no where near the 18 stages confirmed, and its different from the demo in its placement...its not a huge change, but it is slightly different...

Light09

Smash Cadet
hmm, looks like this mode will be what it seems a "basic" Brawl where you just want to fight someone right away without waiting too much, but I'm not sure about the type of matches you can fight, it could very well be just 2-minute matches or it can be changed we don't know that yet.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I really think it is changable... it would be such a waste of the "With Anyone" option otherwise...

kaydon_esker

Smash Apprentice
This update was slightly strange but in a good way. Sure we didn't get a look at the proper character and stage selection screen just yet, and the title suggests we'll get an update about the Teams mode, but it was good to see how things worked, and I don't consider partially learning how we'll unlock most of the new characters a bad thing (even though we don't know WHO the rest of them are yet...)

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
Ever think that you might have to beat event 1 to unlock Dedede?
man....that argument is still plain stupid.....i know you can't predict sakurai.....but unlock a character right on event 1? 1???? 1!!!!!!!!!(a cookie to who gets the reference):laugh:

Super_alex2

Smash Journeyman
I saw the title and thought it would just reiterate what we already knew, but now we know where most of the unlockables will come from. Pretty good, in my book.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
you right Alex,and maybe after or near the game release we can know some secret characters! 8D but i won't check the site...i don't want anithing spoiled.

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
man....that argument is still plain stupid.....i know you can't predict sakurai.....but unlock a character right on event 1? 1???? 1!!!!!!!!!(a cookie to who gets the reference):laugh:
By the amount of punctuation after each "1" I'm going to guess that it's a reference to the Snake death yell?

And always expect the unexpected.

Http

Smash Cadet
I actually really enjoyed this update. Sure there's still some minor open ends, but for the most part all of my personal "fill in the blanks" were all mostly filled. I was also intrigued by the fact that we'll be unlocking most of the characters through SSE. Pretty neat, and it furthers my theory that you unlock most characters as you meet them in SSE.

I still don't think that that's the starting roster/stage list for some reason. I mean it could be, but look at how disorganized it is. For example, Mario, Peach and Bowser are in entirely different/random areas on the screen and shouldn't their series be... next to each other? Perhaps this is just my OCD kicking in >_>.

Flipinogamer

Smash Cadet
The starter character list IS from the demo, but is this really going to be it? Strangely, Kirby (he was also a starter in Smash 64), Ice Climbers, and Zelda aren't starters at all in this game when they were starters before in Melee. Will there be more characters to unlock in this game?!

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
now im excited cuz my mom gave me an early x mas gift by hooking up wifi for me, and i juswt tought my dog how 2 roll over!!!!!!!!

smash158

Smash Rookie
um u guys may not notice this but i did y did he post about the friends list on monday and this on friday we may be getting more wifi updates then we thought hehheh i can imagine his update on team battle
"And with team mode, we have a all-important mode that will be lots of fun. You have it for the first time, you can fight with a friend against the cpu online, its a great addition. I know, im the man."

schep

Smash Cadet
Friends mode needs to be completely customizable!!!

Sakurai has been constantly disappointing me, although this last update was incredibly vague. I don't understand how so many people seem to be coming to conclusive decisions based upon this information. The wording Sakurai has used was purposely left obscure so as to create great wonder. I'm sure (I guess more naively optimistic) that the Friends online mode will be completely customizable. All I want is to play stock no item online against great competition. The best way I'm guessing to do this will be to get Friend codes from here or possibly kaillera.

-Y-peace-Y-

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
i definetly agree i want to play with those same rules and i am a very competitive player in melee nd plan 2 be in brawl 2 i'll give u mine if u want or ny1 els

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
My thoughts on this update:

But really, I think it's... okay...
I really hope there will be some way to limit the number of people you're playing with. And if only there was a way to play with people who have the same preference for items that you do...

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
I just had the most amazing realization.

Its called "Basic Brawl", right? Why would you bother to point that out unless there was also a "Custom Brawl" option, yet to be revealed? I know Team Brawl is there, but they could have just as easily called it Solo Brawl and Team Brawl, or even just Brawl and Team Brawl.

I think we are all going to be kicked in the balls when Sakurai does the "With Anyone/Custom Brawl" update.

Top Bottom