• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get wrecked by microsoft!

Laijin

Smash Hero
lol. Their system already has a 54% fail rate and now they ban users for playing back up games, yet people still buy Xboxes.

Can you imagine if that fail rate applied to other things in life?
Imagine an airplane with a 54% fail rate.
Imagine a surgeon who had a 54% fail rate.
Imagine any sony console with a 54% fail rate, oh wait they don't have such a high fail rate because they make QUALITY CONSOLES with FREE ONLINE services that work PRETTY **** WELL

Zip.

Smash Lord
i lol'd..

lol. Their system already has a 54% fail rate and now they ban users for playing back up games, yet people still buy Xboxes.

i lul'd

Player-3

Smash Hero

Imagine any sony console with a 54% fail rate, oh wait they don't have such a high fail rate
lol 'd

Pritch

Smash Lord
Xboxes seriously have a 54% fail rate?

I mean, I never really had any plans on buying one, but jeez. That's really pretty ridiculous.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
the xbox is almost designed to break, really.

1) the thermal paste they use is of poor quality and is applied by either a machine or a ****** that tends to miss the cpu and gpu, resulting in inefficient placement and well uh, not really good heat transfer. so first off the heat doesn't transfer to the heatsinks that well.

2) then, the tunnel that is supposed to create a vacuum for the fans is not done well (the easy fix is to tape cardboard to your heatsinks, i'm not joking) so that furthers heating issues

3) finally, because of the way the heatsinks are clamped to the motherboard, the overheating will cause the x-shaped clamps to flex and expand, which bends the motherboard slightly, snapping solder points off of the gpu and causing general hardware failure.

gg dollarsoft.

Strawhat64

Smash Ace

1) the thermal paste they use is of poor quality and is applied by either a machine or a ****** that tends to miss the cpu and gpu, resulting in inefficient placement and well uh, not really good heat transfer. so first off the heat doesn't transfer to the heatsinks that well.

2) then, the tunnel that is supposed to create a vacuum for the fans is not done well (the easy fix is to tape cardboard to your heatsinks, i'm not joking) so that furthers heating issues

3) finally, because of the way the heatsinks are clamped to the motherboard, the overheating will cause the x-shaped clamps to flex and expand, which bends the motherboard slightly, snapping solder points off of the gpu and causing general hardware failure.

gg dollarsoft.
Once more

Get mefred microsoft!

there fore, I lawled at the guy whom doesn't know what lawls mean but at the same time, I lawled at other people's lol's

Pritch

Smash Lord

gg dollarsoft.
I guess that's one way to keep people buying systems....:dizzy:

*cough*especiallyiftheyredumb*cough*

SleepyK

mine failed

i fixed it

then added cooling tricks like cardboard

runs a lot better now

Laijin

Smash Hero
But wait, isn't, like, Xbox tournament standard?
All depends on the game and the tournament.
For the most part for most fighting games, the tournament standard is normally PS3 because Xbox has a ****** ****ty pad for fighting games and everyone except Street Fighter IV players hate it. That game is boring anyways).
Xbox is only tournament standard for First Person shooters.

Thats what I've seen from my experiences at least.

SleepyK

laijin is correct about tournament standards.

though most people have arcade sticks anyway so it doesn't matter which system

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Imagine any sony console with a 54% fail rate, oh wait they don't have such a high fail rate because they make QUALITY CONSOLES with FREE ONLINE services that work PRETTY **** WELL
I like how this snuck in here.

lulz worthy.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Converters have to be bought, but yes and no. Playstaion 3 arcade sticks can be converted to work for xbox but not vice versa. PS2 arcade sticks can be converted to basically work with anything, but not vice versa with next generation systems.
Adding onto what you said:
Even though a lot of people use sticks, at the same time a lot of people also use pads. But almost nobody uses an Xbox pad(Because they suck **** for fighting games0. So if your having a fighting game tournament and the game is for both consoles, theres no better way to piss off everyone than to make your tournament for Xbox(lol @ last Florida Gaming).

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Ps2 had a pretty high fail rate... not 54%, to be sure, but pretty high...higher than original XBOX...

I have really bad luck with Sony stuff anyway... everything I get from them breaks within a year or so... or little pieces just..come off. I don't know, I try to stay away from them.

The 360's fail rate is just ridiculous, though. I mean, they're still selling consoles, which is a miracle for them, but to not have the problem fixed in the new versions of the console is just inexcusable

Apparently, the Boxs with the Jasper board run a heck of a lot cooler, does anybody know what the failure rate of those are?

Top Bottom