• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get ***** mk (and others)

ADHD

Smash Hero
Metaknights down smash, forward smash, upsmash, as well as shuttle loop all deploy diddy's barrels. Now any move deploy's diddy's barrels for the most part, but this is different because they explode directly in his face. Lets say you are standing right in front of him, and he is going to down smash. It's pretty obvious when a metaknight wants to downsmash, then just charge your barrels on the ground and watch the magic. Barrels exploding on contact KO metaknight at 130 even with DI. Also, if a metaknight is going to shuttle loop you in the air (also somewhat obvious,) you can charge your barrels mid-air and they will explode directly into his face. This will KO him even earlier since it's closer to the upper KO zone ceiling. Up B OOS :)

This works against all of falco's, g&w's, and luigi's smashes. I wouldn't suggest trying this against any character's tilts, they just deploy the barrels but they fly freely away. This could really interefer against characters with very predictable kill moves, but I'm too lazy to test anything else. :p

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
first post.

Thought this was known, guess not. Any ways I ONLY do this vs people who charge smashes, because its then a 100% GUARANTEE that they will hit my barrels vs taking a guess if they will hit or not. Personally unless its against a someone charging a smash or has fully commited to a move then its not worth the risk. Waaay to easy to punish Diddy if he misses.

Note: This is also good vs multi hitting attacks like MK's Fair. First hit deploys barrels rest of hits makes it explode. But this is also risky.

<3 Wyatts mini threads lolz.

-L-

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
OH SNAP! v4.0 Loser's Round 5, Match #3: d4Ba (MK) vs. Le THieN (Diddy) (22 November 2008)

Start watching at 4:10. I experimented with on-stage variations of this shortly after this tournament, but I remember the barrels not always hitting after eating a D-smash by MK, or it being affected by either proximity or which side you get hi on, or both. The risk-reward trade-off is somewhat steep to begin with, and I figured, "Why bother?" if it's not guaranteed. Is it?

Luigi player

Smash Master
Don't know if it will be useful, you'll still get hit and take damage and you can't DI if you're hit during the upB... and it's only somewhat predictable that they smash if you're at high % and so you'd also die... Does it work against MKs glide attack?

Luigi player

Smash Master
it comes out faster than mks dsmash and tornado
Even if it was frame 2 (not sure about that though), MKs dsmash comes out on frame 5... can you really react to it? lol
So it doesn't really matter, you have to predict the attack... (unless your enemy charges the attack (but honestly... I'd rather shield it then))

Tornado isn't sure to get hit from the barrels, so I wouldn't do that if you can escape it (if you can't, you have nothing to lose though...).

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Yeah, you pretty much have to condition them into doing those moves when you want. Fliphop tatic for a long time ago. All good ADHD.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I've used this a couple of times against mks in friendlys though lol. I figured if you read their playstyle it wouldn't be that hard..

Miles.

Smash Champion
You also killed sk92 at genesis this way when you were both camping at 160% on your last stocks. It was really cool when you barreled his lasers.

Player-1

Smash Legend
OH SNAP! v4.0 Loser's Round 5, Match #3: d4Ba (MK) vs. Le THieN (Diddy) (22 November 2008)

Start watching at 4:10. I experimented with on-stage variations of this shortly after this tournament, but I remember the barrels not always hitting after eating a D-smash by MK, or it being affected by either proximity or which side you get hi on, or both. The risk-reward trade-off is somewhat steep to begin with, and I figured, "Why bother?" if it's not guaranteed. Is it?
I came to the same conclusion when I was testing get up attacks waaaaaaaaaaay back in like april of 08, I made a thread about it to, I doubt it has any useful info that we don't know.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
**** thats pretty cool to know. so if i can bait an Mk into a shuttle loop will it always work? cause i watched the video and it looked like the barrels came out and THEN he hit it.

So I assume if i do it at the wrong angle, like say the back end of the shuttle loop the barrels would pop out but it would have a low chance of actually hitting the him right?

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
No, sai, when I introduced this gnes, he managed to get off the Shuttle loop without exploding.

ADHD

Smash Hero
No, sai, when I introduced this gnes, he managed to get off the Shuttle loop without exploding.
It must have to hit the bottom of the barrels directly in the center then, every time i tried this against mk's shuttle loop it worked.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
But the reflector does deploy barrels!

Also I don't think these hits are guaranteed, esp on the shuttle loop.

However, good MK's like to shuttle loop you after you throw a nana.

Example:

You throw a nana.

They shield it.

You run in for a grab/dash attack/pivot grab.

At this point they will shuttle loop.

If instead of grab/dashattack/pivot grab, you UpB, then GET OWNED MK!

Dekar173

Justice Man
Barrel deployment isn't my favorite, as it means you get hit in hopes of trading hits.

My FAVORITE use for barrels (aside from recovery :O) is escaping multi-hits. It comes out earlier than uair, and does roughly 10%

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
Barrel deployment isn't my favorite, as it means you get hit in hopes of trading hits.

My FAVORITE use for barrels (aside from recovery :O) is escaping multi-hits. It comes out earlier than uair, and does roughly 10%
hmmm interesting, ive never thought of doing this :)

@AZ: or instead of banana you could popgun spam and run in and barrel cancel

ADHD

Smash Hero
Can someone test DK's up b?

I met a DK player who was abusing the up b to prevent himself from being tripped and eating my shield, I'm wondering if I barrel OOS that he'll take alot of damage when his spinning kong hits me.

HMD

Smash Journeyman
I met a DK player who was abusing the up b to prevent himself from being tripped and eating my shield, I'm wondering if I barrel OOS that he'll take alot of damage when his spinning kong hits me.
Stay at the edge of the stage and shield make sure u have your bananas right there just to make sure the dk doesn't try to switchup the game plan

Dekar173

Justice Man
Don't bother using this, just learn to SDI up and out of the hits, you can DI past him taking roughly 5-7% and then punish with a smash, naner, or grab :)

Despite me loving our local DK main, that match-up is retardedly easy due to his size and our speed. Poor DK :(

Deez.

Smash Lord
This is a funny thread... but ADHD is right for the most part but if Mk waits for u to up b and they dont hit you until your done charging your up b. your completely open for an up b or any other Ariel or smash attack.:(

Top Bottom