• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I'm trying to throw a tourney but I need a venue in either Atlanta or Gwinnett. I really need help finding places and getting set ups. But once we can get that covered, I'm willing to put 500 dollars down for onus in the pot. I want to attract a large amount of good players.

The tourney is primarily Smash 4 WiiU, but if this thing takes a turn for Melee hype we can always discuss where to dedicate the bonus pot to. We could even each add money to the pot for the events we'd like to see really hype.

I really want to just get things hype here man, we got hella talent and it needs to be broadcasted. We also need to make sure we have huge events for future players who would want to play and possibly be really good.

Rya is a aspiring streamer and I think she could really take care of us when it comes to streaming. That means we'll also need online accesss.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
When I stop and look at it there's a huge group of people that play smash in gwinnett that has never really been organized. If I could get that organized and even start throwing events in gwinnett it'd make for a very active community there.

Augusta seems to have people too. It'd be dope to have like every group of smashers that are 2hrs away all played together/had smashfests and then once a month there's some mutual decided place to have a monthly lol

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to everyone that made it out on Friday for our Smashbros Wii U Tournament. Lots of great matches. Here is one of the many matches from that night. You can see other matches from that night and more on our Youtube channel.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Played Michael in For Glory today. Damn it's been so long lol.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I'm looking for people willing to volunteer their WiiU's as setups to a possible tourney in the near future.

So far the only people I have on the setup list is:
Me
RhyRhy
Flea
Vincent
Shane

If you are willing to bring your WiiU setup or lend it for tourney use in the late future lol just let me know. I'm still trying to put everything together and figure out how to work this all out but once it's all figured out everything will be moving smoothly.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
As long as the event is made known in advance I can work my schedule around it. So if you can do that I can guarantee a set up with either a CRT or a Computer Monitor for HD etc.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
As long as the event is made known in advance I can work my schedule around it. So if you can do that I can guarantee a set up with either a CRT or a Computer Monitor for HD etc.

Ok thanks I'll put you down as a possible set up for the event. I plan to throw this even tin August.

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
Hello Smashers! I would like to present to you Smash Champions!
Smash Champions is a tournament specifically designed for the top Smash players to compete to see who is indeed the best!

We have taken the results from the last 4 tournaments that were held here at GX to choose the top 16 players to compete in this tournament. We have a Top 8 and Lower 8.

Top 8: Fatality, Scatt, Neos, Player-1, Shano, Dyno, Teejay, Loco
Lower 8: Reflex, Player-3, Player-0, Default, Flea, Jon, JB, Karma
(if you are on this list please PM to let me know you can attend)

Date: Sunday, Dec. 28th
Door open @ 1pm. Tournament start @ 3pm.
Spectators/Casuals: $5

If your name/tag is listed you are invited to compete in this FREE tournament with an $100 pot. The pot will be a 70/30 split between 1st & 2nd only. Be aware this is not your average tournament...you will have to play many matches in this custom 9 player bracket we have designed. Yes 9 player bracket. The top 8 are automatically in the 9 player bracket. The bottom 8 will compete in a standard double elimination tournament to see you take the 9th and final spot.

We do have a tournament coming up this Friday, Dec. 19th. Please come and compete. In the case that a player is not available to compete we will need reserves to fill the spots. Those reserves will come from the results of this tournament.

Congrats to all top 16 players and we look forward to seeing you at the Smash Championship.

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
Do anyone know the person that goes by JB and Default. Trying to reach them to confirmed they will be attending the championship tournament.

l_wan

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1650-3162-8641
Hey guys! I'm overall new to the competitive Smash scene. I hope I can make it somehow this weekend!

Ultimastrike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ultimastrike
3DS FC
0473-8335-5555
Hi guys. I've been looking around for somewhere to fit in, but Watkinsville just doesn't have a Smash scene for me...everywhere else? I can see one. Gwinnett, especially, but I have no real transportation.

VisionmasterX8X

Smash Rookie
Hi guys. I've been looking around for somewhere to fit in, but Watkinsville just doesn't have a Smash scene for me...everywhere else? I can see one. Gwinnett, especially, but I have no real transportation.
I wish I could find some in the Savannah area. Im in Savannah

Eagle Smash

Smash Cadet
Facebook is the single best way to find Smash players.

Look up GA Melee for Melee, Georgia Project M for PM, and I actually dunno if there's a Smash 4 group, yet.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Man there's a lot of new people looking to get involved in our scene. If you can't find any of the groups on Facebook feel free to keep talking here. There's no reason to resurrect this thread I say.

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
Gamers Xperience in partnership with UDLR is proud to present Smash Champions. A tournament series that will take the top 4 placing players from 4 tournament and have them compete in a Tournament of Champions...Smash Champions. Enter any of the 4 tournaments or all 4 tournaments for your chance to qualify to become a Champion.

**Qualifier #1**
link available soon...
**Qualifier #2**
Smashboard event page: Click here
FB event page: Click here
**Qualifier #3**
Smashboard event page: Click here
FB event page: Click here
**Qualifier #4**
link available soon...

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
Hello from Oregon.
I saw the post about the Qualifiers and decided to stop by and wish everyone a happy new year.
Met a couple Georgians at tournaments over the years and hope to see you all in the future with Smash 4.

Mike_Tha_Hero

Smash Cadet
NNID
mikexxieaf
Hey guys, I'm looking for people willing to volunteer their WiiU's as setups to a possible tourney in the near future.

So far the only people I have on the setup list is:
Me
RhyRhy
Flea
Vincent
Shane

If you are willing to bring your WiiU setup or lend it for tourney use in the late future lol just let me know. I'm still trying to put everything together and figure out how to work this all out but once it's all figured out everything will be moving smoothly.
I'm up for it.

Top Bottom