• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I brought Melee to my school's Japanese Club.

Only one of the players knew what they were doing, and didn't play Melee for a year. He played Mario.

Everyone else sucked (mostly because I won all the battles and that's just HORRIBLE). This one guy johned all day about my controller being broken when he used it, and said Melee was terrible simply because he was bad at it.

He also said he could beat me at Brawl anyday. Although he said Melee Sheik < Brawl Sheik so he could also be under high influence of drugs.

He then gets a Sheik fair in his face. <_<

We Brawlers are...a diverse people. No?

But I'm going to introduce Melee to my school. Battles go by a lot quicker and are more exciting to watch, a necessity when there's only one TV. Brawl is only intense when you're in it. Spectators get bored quickly.

AntiC

Smash Journeyman

Only one of the players knew what they were doing, and didn't play Melee for a year. He played Mario.

Everyone else sucked (mostly because I won all the battles and that's just HORRIBLE). This one guy johned all day about my controller being broken when he used it, and said Melee was terrible simply because he was bad at it.

He also said he could beat me at Brawl anyday. Although he said Melee Sheik < Brawl Sheik so he could also be under high influence of drugs.

But I'm going to introduce Melee to my school. Battles go by a lot quicker and are more exciting to watch, a necessity when there's only one TV. Brawl is only intense when you're in it. Spectators get bored quickly.
QFT

10truths

TheYoster

Smash Journeyman
Yo I'm the East Coast MD/VA region.
I'm going to be visiting my aunt for Christmas and I really want to attend this. Can anyone offer me a ride to this I would really appreciate it(I can also help pay for gas if you want). I'm going to be staying in FAYetteville, GA 30214.

KingK_tink

Smash Apprentice

Well the spectator deal is definitely true but...
I think that guy is more than under the influence to say that means hes just wetarded.
and when you say diverse you mean what??:p

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Lol, viet, i remember when people from my school said they can beat me at brawl any day.. they lost money after and was all like, "**** i thaught he sucked ima see if he can teach me" :D and thats why us people who go to NVH suck at brawl soo much. we spend soo much time teaching others we dont have time for ourselves :(.. anyways back to some other topics

@Afro + sleepy~ well people would be watching right. and it would be a judgement call from everyone watching along with people who were playing i guess. i dont think true smasher are that gay to stall and camp people out in serios matches.. that was EVO.. i honestly think i could have won evo and im not even that good compared to people that actually attend to waba.. sk92 shoulda won that really tbh, ken.. 2nd.. CPU.. dead last.. Items are too pro for compatative play.

but yeah i dont really have a strong enough argument for this topic nearly because i dont really care THAT much about the mansion.. luigi hired some bad people to build that house anyways (lame joke if u didnt notice) so yeah ill agree with u guys here 70% because u guys are right that the stage is kinda gay, up tilts also can lock for ever there agenst a roof.. but in conclusion i think its a fun map for frieldlys..

@Viet~ u still didnt answer my question.. Were u calling me a teir wh*re?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
@Viet~ u still didnt answer my question.. Were u calling me a teir wh*re?
No, I was making fun of the fact that you wanted to see how much at failed last month and I said it was unfortunate you lost to a Toon Link w/ Marth.

I'm more of a tier ***** than you are probably.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
a true smasher?
plank is considered good, lol.

josh plays like that in melee, and in brawl you can very easily do it without even thinking about doing it.
who wouldn't want to hit and run and get away from your opponent when they're attacking?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
No, I was making fun of the fact that you wanted to see how much at failed last month and I said it was unfortunate you lost to a Toon Link w/ Marth.

I'm more of a tier ***** than you are probably.
uh i was making fun of u for u saying u fail..

a true smasher?
plank is considered good, lol.

josh plays like that in melee, and in brawl you can very easily do it without even thinking about doing it.
who wouldn't want to hit and run and get away from your opponent when they're attacking?
oops didnt mean it like that.. was trying to say that true smashers dont really do that kind of crap normally, i was trying to point out that EVO2k8 sucks major balls.

Saltix

Smash Lord
No I won't be doing 2v2 this month.

I'm gonna win singles. I've got xmas presents to buy
<3

SleepyK

No way.
This tournament's true winner is:

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, *****es.

who wants a modded wii/360?

bigman40

Smash Master
I'm going to be visiting my aunt for Christmas and I really want to attend this. Can anyone offer me a ride to this I would really appreciate it(I can also help pay for gas if you want). I'm going to be staying in FAYetteville, GA 30214.
Dude, I swear you better be there. I'm gonna hunt you down if you can't make it there.

@Dyno: I'm going for first also ;) Got some problems to take care of with that money.

Umby

Smash Master
I'm pretty close to Fayetteville. We might have to smash before you go back home. I can't offer a ride to the tournament though, so sorry. :(

SleepyK

Yeah, like temple... even if you broke some of temple's walls and barriers, you'd probably still be able to outmaneuver your opponent for the most part. particularly if you're metaknight.
Let's not forget that in a game like Smash bros where stages actually make a difference, stages that give imbalanced characters an imbalanced imbalance are usually banned.

Errrr, Chris, I did have it, but I gave it back to Tommy a few days ago. He has it now.

Also Dynomite, you have to understand that camping is a very effective and well used strategy in just about every competitive game there is (lol camping in DDR? WAT)
most "strats" you run in FPS games are generally camping parts of the map to control it.
Jwong beat KSK in 3rd by camping him.
It's certainly a "gay way to play" and can be annoying to deal with, but if you think about it, it's the most efficient method to maximize your damage output at minimum risk. If you're planning on winning money, it makes sense to play like a figgit sometimes.

also, modded 360s are completely stealth. I'm probably going to buy a lite-on modding solution sometime after christmas, so people with Lite-ons - here's looking at you.

also buy one of my shirts, gawd

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Yeah, like temple... even if you broke some of temple's walls and barriers, you'd probably still be able to outmaneuver your opponent for the most part. particularly if you're metaknight.
Let's not forget that in a game like Smash bros where stages actually make a difference, stages that give imbalanced characters an imbalanced imbalance are usually banned.

Errrr, Chris, I did have it, but I gave it back to Tommy a few days ago. He has it now.

Also Dynomite, you have to understand that camping is a very effective and well used strategy in just about every competitive game there is (lol camping in DDR? WAT)
most "strats" you run in FPS games are generally camping parts of the map to control it.
Jwong beat KSK in 3rd by camping him.
It's certainly a "gay way to play" and can be annoying to deal with, but if you think about it, it's the most efficient method to maximize your damage output at minimum risk. If you're planning on winning money, it makes sense to play like a figgit sometimes.

also, modded 360s are completely stealth. I'm probably going to buy a lite-on modding solution sometime after christmas, so people with Lite-ons - here's looking at you.

also buy one of my shirts, gawd

mmk :D ill agree that there are campers in all games, i just really didnt consider smash that campy tbh =/ im use to more hard core camping. sry just my oppinion. im use to like hiding in glitchy parts of maps so no one can find you until the time limit is over. but i guess ur right on this one.

SleepyK

mmk :D ill agree that there are campers in all games, i just really didnt consider smash that campy tbh =/ im use to more hard core camping. sry just my oppinion. im use to like hiding in glitchy parts of maps so no one can find you until the time limit is over. but i guess ur right on this one.
Smash can be terribly campy! ask about Josh vs RAM or Iori vs lots of people.
brawl was a terrible offender at its early stages. while it's been considerably toned down, brawl is still not really about offense (unless you're metaknight) it's more about sneaking in hits after defending successfully - so in that sense, the game could be considered to be entirely about camping, lol.

Glitching out of maps and hiding isn't camping - since camping requires you to fight against your opponent in some sense. that's just glitchin'

SleepyK

I have a design idea that will piss you off already
edit: here's it shrunk down

I can add longsleeves if you want.

Also, VietGeek, I keep forgetting to mention how awesome your avatar is. I've no idea where it's from or anything, but the facial expression is too good.

SleepyK

I can't make sonic shirts since sonic is a copyrighted character.

you think i should post the shirt in the sonic boards?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
How much does one of those 360s of yours cost? One of my friends is considering to buy one (well, any 360 in general). That and Vesperia lol.

My avatar is from the Anime Kannagi.

Also SleepyK, you never answered my question of whether or not anyone who asked for TvC was going to seriously get it. ._.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Smash can be terribly campy! ask about Josh vs RAM or Iori vs lots of people.
brawl was a terrible offender at its early stages. while it's been considerably toned down, brawl is still not really about offense (unless you're metaknight) it's more about sneaking in hits after defending successfully - so in that sense, the game could be considered to be entirely about camping, lol.

Glitching out of maps and hiding isn't camping - since camping requires you to fight against your opponent in some sense. that's just glitchin'
i wqas talking bout timed games like death match in unreal tournament 04 get 2+ kills then camp where no1 can find you. yes brawl is more camp n hit but there is stuff u can do to prevent camping. espeially on the stages offered by the new rules.
11 stages ftw.. 4 neuts :p

SleepyK

or you could

JUST PLAY MELEEEEEEEE <3
aaand get camped by other characters <_<

Viet, I b modding existing 360s. and yeah, anyone who wants TvC shall receive.

tubes

Smash Ace
Sleepy are you using the twilight hack and home brew channel or are you actually soldering on mod chips? I looked into the home brew channel myself and it seems easy enough to do but I keep getting this weird error. After doing some research I think the problem is that my 16mb SD card is too small to format to FAT16. If your doing twilight hacks then I guess I could just get you to do it.

Back on topic, I'll probably be there Saturday as well as Sunday. I might participate in the singles Brawl tourney for the hell of it. Depends if I feel like spending the money. I'm bringing my bro to the melee tourney. He mains Jiggs and Young Link. He's gotten pretty decent at that weird aerial DI based dash-dance that Jiggs has. I'm trying to get him into competitive smash.

SleepyK

yeah, twilight hacks and flashing firmware. Easy enough for anyone to do it but for you lazies/wat am i doins i'll do it for you.

for the record, i am unable to house this weekend. sorry reflex :(

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I can get hacks to make him Nana only.

Serious stuff.

Independent Pokemon w/ no fatigue? Yeah we got that.

Wario Man? **** yeah Seaking.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I can get hacks to make him Nana only.

Serious stuff.

Independent Pokemon w/ no fatigue? Yeah we got that.

Wario Man? **** yeah Seaking.
can u make me wario man for the tourny?

oh and i was saying reflex could own kingK with nana no hax.

Top Bottom