• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GEORGIA MELEE ~ Feb 4th ~ Smashfest at SPSU (Marietta, GA)~ FEAT. MAD BOOTY

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
On February 4th, 2011, SPSU will be hosting a MELEE-ONLY smashfest located in the Howell Dorm Lobby. We're setting it up to be really nice since we're having smashers from Columbus visit us.

Info
*The smashfest starts at 3 PM and goes on all night
*There will be at least 7 set ups for us to use
*Housing is available if you need a place to crash for the night **ask me for details**
*The smashfest is located in the Howell Dorm Lobby
*Melee only (nothing personal with Brawl. This is just a one-time deal)

Confirmed:
Alpha, Kismet, Gerbil + Other Columbus people
FullMetal
BBQ
Ron
Ovonte
Naquan
Chris (Doctor Mario Guy)
BigLou
Rayku
Tubes
Dr. Pepper
The Great Wazoo

Maybe:
DruggedFox
SleepyK
DashDanceDan
-Fatality-
AML
Put me down as confirmed; I feel like I've been M.I.A. for a while. It's time to grow w/ God, in life, in school, and in smash. See you there bros; for all I know, I could have met some of you <3

Gerbil

Smash Champion
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO_O

This will be so awesome to see you guys again. :) (notice I leave out the part about getting wrecked LOL)

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I'm actually going skiing when this is going on so I won't be there. You can keep me on the list though.
tubes got heart

Put me down as confirmed; I feel like I've been M.I.A. for a while. It's time to grow w/ God, in life, in school, and in smash. See you there bros; for all I know, I could have met some of you <3
Awesome man. Lookin forward to meeting you <3

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO_O

This will be so awesome to see you guys again. :) (notice I leave out the part about getting wrecked LOL)
GERBIL!!!

I will get revenge on your fox (you beat me in a money match at Halloween Bash :awesome:)

I'll do my best to be there. No promises though
hopefully you can make it. I want to meet you one of these days. lol

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I'll add you to the list

BY THE WAY:

If anyone needs help finding the location, then give me a call.
678-763-5331

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Someone get me a ride to this pleaseeeeeeee

I've been trying to meet the columbus smashers since like... 2007 or some **** LOL

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I got the job at Publix, so I'll be emptying the money in my bank - a total of $5 - so I can money match you at this LOL

do you wanna do best 2/3 or 3/5?

Firoki

Smash Rookie
I just wanna announce that Tairseth and I (the illustrious smashers from Blairsville) are planning on showing up to this for an all-night smashfest of awesome. Get hyped!
???

Also, how's housing looking? Maybe within a day or two we'll call BBQ about it? If unavailable, I believe we can still make the trip though.:bee:

D

Deleted member

This is looking pretty awesome. Can't wait for friday.

I need a ton of teams practice, Sleepyk.

And BBQ making that money.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
SleepyK/FullMetal:

Maybe rayku and I will money match you guys for like $1. Although it depends on Rayku because he doesn't have faith in me, lol.

Travis:

Dude I might be getting two jobs now =D
I had an interview with a mexicano restaurant and they said once I find out my hours at publix, they'll work out something so I can get hours there too.

Firoki, Tairseth, The Great Wazoo, and anyone else who needs housing:

Here is the info for housing at spsu:

*You will be getting housing from Ovonte, Naquan, and FrozenHobo (they're all smashers and they have an apartment on campus)
*There are 3 couches (one long couch and 2 small couches). I suggest you guys bring somethin to sleep on or blankets/pillows if you want to be comfortable.
*The living room has carpeted floor
*The apartment number is 1303.

here's some stuff you probably need to know
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11059975&postcount=49

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Yo mike, I bet rayku might wanna take you up on that teaming with me... if I get a ride to this. Rayku and I were a pretty beast team =P

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
man ben's birthday party is on friday
i might have to disappear for a while to give my regards to ben and play board/party games

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
BBQ saves the day.

Will Henry be willing to let me drop my stuff off @ his place after I get off of work?

That would be around 1500 (3pm), plus grinding through 316, 85, 285, and 75 (in that order :urg:), I'd be in around 530pm, if not later. :urg:

SleepyK

Yeah, please stop doing that anthony.
you keep assuming things of your friends.

SleepyK

actually it only makes one out of anthony, because when confronted with the false claims, we can just blame anthony

Firoki

Smash Rookie
Quick question, how's the situation with setups? If needed I can bring a full setup, and even some extra controllers.

SleepyK

don't bring extra controllers; you'll lose them. bring one at least

or at the very least, mark them with something very obvious

Firoki

Smash Rookie
Alright, I'll just keep up with my own controller then. So...cubes? TVs? Copies of melee? Random **** you guys would like us to bring? Anything?

BBQ°

Smash Champion
important info

We will have 7 TVs, but more TVs are always welcome.

WE NEED GAMECUBES + COPIES OF MELEE/MEMORY CARDS

TVs:
SPSU (7)
Rayku (1)
The Great Wazoo (1, maybe 2)
Dr Pepper (1)

Gamecube + Melee + Memory Card
Ron (1)
BBQ (1)
Ovonte (1)
Rayku (1)
The Great Wazoo (1?)
Firoki (1)
Dr Pepper (1)
Jx31 (1)

everyone please update me with your info so I can add or remove you from the list. Thanks mangs.

D

Deleted member

I'll bring my set up

Also dan always rolls with 2 tvs in his car, so if President Dan comes, the day will be saved and all will be well.

Jx31

Smash Ace
/Gets a phoenix down thrown on him.

I'll be going to this, hopefully some Albany players (It's really just IH now : / ) will come along with me as well.

I will bring a gamecube + melee + memory card combo btw.

Firoki

Smash Rookie
Alright, as the limiting factor here seems to be cube + melee + memory card, I probably won't bring a TV. I personally will be able to bring a cube with melee and a memory card though, and Tairseth might as well. Still not sure about him though.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
ok thanks everyone! I updated the original post with stuff you guys already know. This smashfest is gonna be awesome thanks to all your help.

If you guys wanna do a mini-tournament (free entry or $1 or something cheap), then let me know! We have all night and it might be fun to do something semi-serious.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I'm staying for a little bit the nm e and michael are going to my house to brawl since there will probably be mostly melee here. But I will be there for at least the afternoon

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Mike G: :awesome:

Lounis: If you bring your own setup, you're more than welcome to stay and play brawl. Or, if there are enough setups, we can dedicate 1-2 to brawl. There's going to be like 10 setups and 20 melee players. We can probably work something out.

Top Bottom