• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gentleman Is Still Alive

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I find it easier to do by just pressing A, Z, A. It comes out as fast as it could possibly could, without the jabs. It's usefulness has been diminished however. The third hit does actually do more damage and knockback, but the knockback is only really noticeable at high percentages. Even then, I'm not sure if it has enough hit stun to really allow for anything.

I should rectify the Guide, however, as it is more than a regular jab.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Um, do the buttons pressed affect the knockback? From what I've experienced (Using AAA) the gentleman sucks and has about as much knockback as the jabs you initially hit the opponent with.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I was messing around in Training mode, just seeing the best way to Gentlemen. It turns out the knee part does have some knockback, but it's only really noticeable until 100+%. However, it sends them up and not away.

At low damages, however, the knockback isn't that much greater than regular jabs. Useless piece of info, but it can kill at about 570%, lol.

However, I personally think it's best to do a double jab to either grab (if the opponent is close enough) or to shield. Going into the multiple jabs is worse than useless, in my opinion. Eventually, no matter how fast you try to jab, your opponent will either a) be able to hit you back through it b) shield then grab you or c) get out of it then hit you as you still continue finishing it. Doing them is essentially ensuring your opponent being able to get back at you for only maybe, like, 5 - 8% extra damage dealt to them. Maybe not even.

Maybe the gentlemen movement could provide some extra damage to a jab before you attempt to shield or grab. The gentlemen seems laggier however, and doesn't let you grab or shield as quickly after just a double jab.

Urgh, even with the knockback, it's so little and inconsequential it might as well not even be there.

Doomgaze

Smash Apprentice
Just face it, falcon's jab game is horrible. The initial punches don't even provide enough stun to follow up with anything else. The opponent wil just tilt/jab/grab you right back!

Sometimes I try jab-shield or jab-jab-shield to watch their follow up (which is usually a jab or tilt) and then try to shieldgrab from there. But as players get more aware of captain falcon's useless jab game I don't think it will work.

Minty

Smash Apprentice
@Zacke in melee it was falcon's best move =P. Basically his neutral a aka the jab. You press A A A shield or just time it perfectly.. the third jab sends the opponent back depending on percentile

Zacke

Smash Cadet
@Zacke in melee it was falcon's best move =P. Basically his neutral a aka the jab. You press A A A shield or just time it perfectly.. the third jab sends the opponent back depending on percentile
Oh, yeah! That one. Thanks ^^

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
2 jabs to grab might be the only thing i found that's useful with falcon's jab game, but after couple trys, the opponent can simply jab back b4 my grab. therefore i started doing 2 jabs dash away and dashing in with other moves

edit: why is someone who can falcon punch lacks of normal jab stun?

Top Bottom