• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno's Bizarre Adventure part 2: Stardust Crusaders (Geno Support Thread #2)

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Just double-checked what you wrote, and sure, while there was something that I´ve might have missed... Arguing that the cost of a character won´t be as much as a Mii or Spirit is honestly rather naive. With a character, we are talking about

Likeness + potential voice actor(s) around the country + if they want to use different elements from different stuff, it can also lie into the account depending on where and how the rights lie. To continue the point of voice actor(s) If using samples of the voice actors was just "free to use", then NASB would have had voice acting, but they have jack **** when it comes to that. And that game is only using characters who are owned in hows by Nickelodeon, with Nickelodeon supporting them somewhat with a budget although clearly an abysmal one. Or if we use Smash as a perfect example, let's go back to Sepiroth and Cloud yet again, who is the only characters that only have one option when it comes to the voice actor, and it is the easiest for them to get.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
3AB9F648-4FF6-4E6D-8877-6E2A996CBAF4.jpeg

Just a remember that our final fighter is #82 and the NP Magazine featured SMRPG on their #82 volume. Probably doesn’t mean anything but they matched the 76 thing with Min Min and Vault Boy.

Anyway, may Geno Shoots for Smash and may…

GENO FALLS FROM BEYOND!

Geno Boost

Smash Master
View attachment 332724

Just a remember that our final fighter is #82 and the NP Magazine featured SMRPG on their #82 volume. Probably doesn’t mean anything but they matched the 76 thing with Min Min and Vault Boy.

Anyway, may Geno Shoots for Smash and may…

GENO FALLS FROM BEYOND!
Damn look what they have done to Croco

Resayuzo

Smash Rookie
greetings to all

I want to start by informing that my English is not perfect, and I struggle a bit.

I have been visiting this page regularly for quite some time,

I find the conversations very interesting and agree with many perspectives regarding geno.

I also want immensely for Geno to enter as playable character for more than 17 years now

I am a very introverted person, the only time I was vocal with Geno was during the ballot and only voted once for him for honesty.

Putting that aside, I've kept silent and think now that the best thing would have been to join the conversation with all of you a long time ago.

many things that I wanted to say and share at the time ...

for now, I just want to wish you the most positive energy
and remind you that the visits of other people who are not registered in smash boards
maybe they are from people like me who have been quiet but willing to help you and worried about the future of our star guardian

Geno will always be special to us and one day our wish will be granted.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Ok here is something it may not mean much but Sakurai posted this tweet few hours ago saying:
“You may not know the new fighter, or it might be different from your personal expectations. BUT, we hope you enjoy this game show and the broadcast itself! I really enjoyed recording the broadcast.”

Not many people know Geno in gaming overall or expects him especially around this time after the mii costume so I guess that’s a good sign? I don’t like to read too much into it as there are a lot of characters that fits that category.
We can just wait as for now.

Last edited:

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Journeyman
Ok here is something it may not mean much but Sakurai posted this tweet few hours ago saying:
“You may not know the new fighter, or it might be different from your personal expectations. BUT, we hope you enjoy this game show and the broadcast itself! I really enjoyed recording the broadcast.”

Not many people know Geno in gaming overall or expects him especially around this time after the mii costume so I guess that’s a good sign? I don’t like to read too much into it as there are a lot of characters that fits that category.
From what I've been hearing, that's him addressing the Japanese audience that it may be somebody THEY aren't super familiar with.

Or this could just be a misunderstanding from a translation, as that seems to be very common at this point.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
From what I've been hearing, that's him addressing the Japanese audience that it may be somebody THEY aren't super familiar with.

Or this could just be a misunderstanding from a translation, as that seems to be very common at this point.
The person who translated it is PushDustin, and several people who can also read Japanese have mirrored what he's said, so the translation you've heard is accurate,

Now, if we're reading too deeply into this is something else entirely.

Elmorethemagician

Smash Journeyman

Probably doesn't mean too much... BUT I had the exact same thought lol

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
The person who translated it is PushDustin, and several people who can also read Japanese have mirrored what he's said, so the translation you've heard is accurate,

Weirdly enough, he has only stated that to the Japanese side

D

Deleted member

Reading too deeply? The dedicated Geno fanbase?

Never!

Anyway, of course he's speaking to the Japanese audience. It's in Japanese. :mybodyisreggie:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Reading too deeply? The dedicated Geno fanbase?

Never!

Anyway, of course he's speaking to the Japanese audience. It's in Japanese. :mybodyisreggie:
He has tweeted about the next character in English written tweets too, and not mentioning that

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
If Sukapon wasn't already an assist trophy, I would already be considering that character as a front runner. But him saying this I am not sure what to expect. We may be in for a serious out of left field pick, which I'd be totally down for at this point.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Yeah, he didn't mention that **** about Terry either.

Sakurai never talks to the west like this because he hates us. I don't blame him. If you speak English you 100% hang on the dude's every word and fill his notifications with garbage.
Fair point.

D

Deleted member

If Sukapon wasn't already an assist trophy, I would already be considering that character as a front runner. But him saying this I am not sure what to expect. We may be in for a serious out of left field pick, which I'd be totally down for at this point.
I'm thinking left field/retro pick if what Sakurai said means anything at all. Naturally, it may mean nothing aside from "sorry if you dislike the character, but I had a good time."

QQS

Smash Lord
As much as I like also Crash or Rayman; and as much I do recognize the fame and impact of Sora and Master Chief as a huge ending; there is no better way to end Smash than GENO, cause he was and still liderate all the Smash polls (its almost obvious that he was also big on the Ballot). This character is way too amazing in many concepts:

-Perfect and fit design
-amazing music and Yoko is already on Smash
-world of Mario
-and the best: perfect and unique moveset

His legacy is very epic and there is no Smash Speculation without Geno, he started it all with many other solid picks.

This is our chance and I think Geno may awake after 25 years…

GENO SHINES AS THE LAST STAR!

QQS

Smash Lord
If not Geno, I just hope is someone like Crash or Rayman. Even though that Chief and Sora are amazing and worldwide known, I think the best worldwide and deserving fit would be 1) Crash and 2) Rayman. Then, 3) the deserving Sonic rep, the partner Tails or the villain Eggman, to give Sonic the love and expansion it deserves, being 2 third party enemies with Egg and Seph.

But of course I’m just hoping for my #1 which is our number one in this topic. I think Sakurai & Nintendo can surprise us all with this amazing puppet-Star return after 25 years and finishing the Smash DLC and finishing this 2 decades campaign and fan demand.

I think tomorrow will be a 100% pleasant reveal like Banjo-Kazooie, whether it’s our boy Geno or such amazing icons as Crash or Rayman.

Let’s hope for the best and keep dreaming! I think we have good chances.

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
The day of reckoning is tomorrow, the final character will be unveiled, and all the theory crafting for this Cycle of Smash's History will be put to rest. Just Remember:
Hype Responsibly;
Don't attack fans of the Final Fighter if you dislike them;
Don't attack fans of characters who don't get in if you do get your most wanted;
and most of all, keep an open mind. You might find you like a character even if they're not your Most Wanted.

Internet_Goblin

Smash Cadet

I really don't think this tweet is really saying anything aside from it's surface level meaning.

novazvezda

Smash Cadet
Howdy, everyone! It's certainly been a while since I've stepped foot on this website. Today, I thought I'd take the time to write my final message on this very thread before Ultimate is done for good. I've had a wonderful time watching the speculation scene fly for over three and a half years. I've long known about this place thanks to PapaGenos and I've been following the Geno fanbase since December 2019. It wasn't until October 2020 that I decided to officially become a member and it's a decision I will never regret. In the long run, I've become acquainted with so many stellar people with whom I still keep in touch. It would not be an overstatement to say that the OG Geno thread was among the biggest in Smashboards history and it is not hard to see why. The Geno fanbase is loyal and filled with such an intense passion to see their beloved long-time character return from his deep slumber. Just now, I was skimming the original thread and I couldn't help but reminisce about all the days I would come home from school to boot up my computer and open a Smashboards tab online while I did my after-school things. Regardless of what others might believe from the legacy of the fanbase, Geno means so much to so many people and without little reason. Geno is not some irrelevant blockbuster wannabe. Geno is a Mario character from a cult classic RPG that redefined the series and inspired a whole generation of creators who are spread everywhere on the internet. Geno is a Mario character with a concept and design so dramatically unique from the traditional cast, any outsider could hardly believe he's from the Mario universe. That's what makes Geno special.

Tomorrow is the final presentation for SSBU and I want to give my two cents. The anticipation for this event has reached an all-time high and is growing even higher! Nobody seems to know who it could be and the element of surprise will soon erupt that curiosity into a galaxy of emotions. Personally, I don't think we will see any blockbuster hits, but we won't see any disappointing character either. Sakurai has gone on record to hype up this presentation and I believe it's a sign that it will all be worth it. Only one more fighter and it will all be over. Realistically, I could see many choices like Doom Guy, Phoenix Wright, etc. Those types of characters. They are big in their own respect, but not groundbreakingly big. However, there is one little swirl in my soul that believes that Geno still has a chance tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I know full well what I'm up against (Mii, double-dipping, etc.). However, I still believe that there could theoretically be a way for this puppet to make it in. The circumstances surrounding the existence of the Mii costume are strange, to say the least. After the reveal, there were no words or mentions of it in the following Sakurai monologue. Have you ever wondered why that is? Well, with the inclusion of Kazuya's Mii Wave, every single DLC Mii Costume from Smash 4 has returned. Could this all have been a stunt made by the devs for the sake of collection? Who knows. Plus, consider the status that Geno has among other Smash requests. Geno is not a blockbuster hit, but he is nowhere near as niche as one can assume.

I can imagine the trailer already. It is The Final Battle between Galeem, Dharkon, and the legendary roster of fighters. The fighters are in the middle of a heated struggle when all of a sudden, a big blast appears from out of nowhere. Everybody looks back to see Geno strike a pose and the splash screen strikes! It's a nice wish when I think about it. Why is it that only Square Enix characters are revealed in a WoL scenario? Oh well, a dream is a dream.

Nonetheless, we should all take the time tomorrow to celebrate a game that has given us many lasting memories and an experience unlike any other. Cheers to the final stretch! May your wishes be granted and your memories cherished!

#Geno4Smash
#ThankYouSakurai​

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Don't know about you guys, but that last comment of Sakurai on Twitter gave me a slight breath of hope for our blue wooden doll.
I do not know if it is the most likeliest case, but damn would it be awesome. If it were to be Geno tomorrow I know a tons of people will be quite happy, and it's well deserved.

As I heard in a comment of a video this morning; "While Geno might not be in this time around, he seems very likely for the next game as the next K. Rool or Ridley", which I believe is true. The voices of his fans have seemingly come through, and I wish you all good luck.

VENA SERA 33

Smash Rookie
Long time on/off lurker from the Brawl days that wanted to finally join the site since this last DLC may be it for quite some time. Even though it is a long shot imo, Geno would be an awesome surprise as CP11 or even a bonus fighter (never say never). I'm still salty about the lack of a Geno Mii costume head like Cuphead/Vault Boy.

Internet_Goblin

Smash Cadet
Speaking of Brawl, I wonder what stopped them from appearing in the game. I'm assuming it has something to do with Square, but we can only speculate.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Speaking of Brawl, I wonder what stopped them from appearing in the game. I'm assuming it has something to do with Square, but we can only speculate.
100%.

I'd even bet that Square were more interested in Sakurai trying to get some of their other characters into the Smash game, and could not understand why they would give him the obscure puppet over anyting from their current franchises that's alive, and selling, whiiich makes me think that the talks about Square content, more so, Final Fantasy content were in the talks since he eventually tried to get Geno for Brawl/Smash4.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I haven't been all that active here since its early days, partially because I felt like I put out a lot of my relevant thoughts in the previous thread and the departure of so many of the latter's posters sapped a lot of my enthusiasm. I do give kudos to all of you for sticking it out and keeping this whole active, even after Geno got Mii Costumed.

It's definitely a crossroads at this point. I'm tempted to be a bit cynical and think that given what Ultimate was, that if Geno couldn't get in here that there's not much chance of him in the future, especially the further and further time moves away from Mario RPG and its fans/supporters move on.

But gaming in the last five years has been a funny thing. Streets of Rage has come back after 25 years of being forgotten by Sega, the Mana series has gradually stepped out of the shadows, and now even Metroid feels back in its rightful place as a heavily promoted series again. Basically, I think a lot of times series or characters that iare so easy to give up on and stop thinking about have a way of coming back in the most unlikely ways. And given how Geno has been talked about so much in the last few years, I get the sense that his absence may not be as permanent as I once thought.

I mean even a game like Another Crusade, an outright spiritual successor to Mario RPG (down to the 3/4s view) has been successfully kickstarted, and the Rivals of Aether workshop has our favorite blue puppet as a downloadable option. That's not even getting into the greater amount of Smash mods for Ultimate that will be on their way sooner rather than later.

One of the reasons I once gave for wanting Geno in was because it felt like it could enshrine a character and game that otherwise wouldn't get that honor from Nintendo or Square. However the fan passion for him, and even continued hopes for him to be Fighter 11 after all that's happened has me believing that Smash appearance or not, he's not going away any time soon.

Last edited:

VENA SERA 33

Smash Rookie
Looking back, it shocks me that he wasn't added. Ironically, that BS with Square is the ONLY thing I feel holding him hostage from already being in as a full fighter. He is already a Mario character and fits the aesthetic for Smash even more so.

Top Bottom