• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno's Bizarre Adventure part 2: Stardust Crusaders (Geno Support Thread #2)

Internet_Goblin

Smash Cadet
It's a bit disheartening thinking about the possibility of Sakurai negotiating with Square on three separate occasions; Brawl, 4, and Ultimate; and only being able to get a costume out of it.

Last edited:

Forthestarcapelad

Smash Apprentice
It's a bit disheartening thinking about the possibility of Sakurai negotiating with Square on three separate occasions; Brawl, 4, and Ultimate; and only being able to get a costume out of it.
I'm not sure which sounds more disheartening: Sakurai trying and failing to get him, or Sakurai not caring as much about Geno as we thought and having no intention of giving him a spot to begin with.
Probably the latter, but the former just has that "so close yet so far" connotation to it.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I'm not sure which sounds more disheartening: Sakurai trying and failing to get him, or Sakurai not caring as much about Geno as we thought and having no intention of giving him a spot to begin with.
Probably the latter, but the former just has that "so close yet so far" connotation to it.
Or he could have just lost interest in adding geno

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Apprentice
Even if it very likely isn't Geno in the morning, we can't really be certain he won't ever be seen again.

After all, with Nintendo very aware of the demand, considering the representation we were able to get in the first place, as well as how they dug Foreman freaking Spike out of the archives to put him in the Mario movie, there's more of a chance for old characters to resurge than I thought there was. Hell, we've already seen this happen for the Koopalings in the New Super Mario Bros. series, and Pauline with Super Mario Odyssey.

Last edited:

Internet_Goblin

Smash Cadet
I was looking around trying to find the original cacomallow gameplay video and I straight up just can't find it anymore. I haven't looked the hardest I possibly could, but I know for a fact that the last time I looked up the video a couple months back, the video was one of the first results. Not sure if my memory is just acting up or if the video has been taken down.

Cinderace

Smash Rookie
Well, I hope it’ll be Geno. I have a feeling it won’t be him, so I’m going in expecting that’s how it’ll be.
But you never know. So I guess we’ll see!

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Apprentice
Just heard thunder go off where I am, a very accurate depiction of the sh*t storm that'll be happening after the final reveal, for the more toxic fans who will inevitably throw a hissy fit if they don't get their character.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
...Can't a dead girl get any sleep, around here?

Griselda, the Pallor Doll.png

Yeah, that's right. It's me. You might remember me, or if there's anyone who hasn't heard of me - Nice to meet you, I'm Griselda. Geno fangirl supporter, part-time memer, full-time artist, and one of the last set of Star Road Crusaders to join the cause back before the original thread was shut down. If you've glanced around the old thread, you might know that I'm the creator of Geppetto, an 'edgy' oc counterpart to Geno who wields a sword and serves no higher authority, thank you very much! (Funnily enough, not long after I made Geppetto, some SMRPG concept art came to light that revealed that Geno himself was once an edgy sword boy, too. Respect to his creator for both of his amazing designs.)

Ahem. I swore that I would never return here, when I left. But that was then, and this is now: things have changed, and this is the end of Ultimate. I spoke my mind very often, and I'd like to think I held it together at least outwardly, back then. Afterwards? I burned with anger and sorrow for months on end, not because our boy got costumed, but rather because of how we, his fans, were all treated following the character's disconfirmation.

Now, though? I've calmed down a fair deal. What many people said back then was unnecessary and wrong, but I can't change the past, nor can I control the words of others. Right now, I think I'm just sort of tired, drained after everything that's happened. I'm just waiting for everything to come to an end regarding Smash, now. I never had even one of my character requests granted over the course of the entire Smash series, and I'm resigned to that likely always being the case, even now. But I've also shifted gears and begun planning on getting some of the character mods made by the talented Smash modding community, so in a way I feel there's still a chance of me getting what I want, in a roundabout way. Shout out to Sean Hicks' Deluxe Geno Head in particular - it's on par with anything official in Ultimate and makes Geno look and feel super legit, moveset aside.

Moving on... I won't lie to you. Things aren't just looking grim, they're looking impossible. All roads have led to here, and it would take a miracle for Geno to get in, in my own personal opinion. For me, I'm already resigned to the fact that whoever the last fighter is will likely be nobody I want, or care about, or have asked for. That's the way things have always been. But I'm not going to take your hope away, if any of you have still got any left. It doesn't matter if you might get let down or hurt by the outcome, trying to beat you guys down over your expectations has never been the solution, and it never will be.

Hope honestly, and tenderly, if that's what you want - even if you know you'll likely come out of this empty-handed. After all, we've all wanted things we couldn't have before, we've all been sure of something and been proven wrong, and I don't think that's something to be ashamed of. That's just how life is.

I'm here with you, because there's nowhere else I could be, right now.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I'd like to think he cares. What would he have to gain lying about how much he likes a character and wanted to put them in his game? It is possible that he's lost interest for the character overtime, but we really just can't know that.
I am pretty sure it has something to do with square, just remember Sakurai made a whole special announcement just for the Geno mii costume reveal during sm4sh let’s not forget he did listen to fans and did indeed add the big three :ultbanjokazooie::ultridley::ultkrool:
Also remember the 7 square leak by vergeben? Geno was still one of them and 3 of them have already became playable :ulthero3::ulthero::ultsephiroth: and this shows that Geno was still on the table.

Last edited:

S1itchey

Smash Apprentice
Looking back, it shocks me that he wasn't added. Ironically, that BS with Square is the ONLY thing I feel holding him hostage from already being in as a full fighter. He is already a Mario character and fits the aesthetic for Smash even more so.
This is what makes me so upset about him not being in. It really feels like the possibility was very much their. If square was as chill as Microsoft is with their ips and could let a character like geno be playable while also having in a bigger character like cloud or hero then that would have been the best outcome for everybody I think. Geno fans get what they want while square can still be happy with their big ips being in the game. But as of right now geno fans did not get what they want, only square (and anybody who wanted these characters). It's just a so close yet so far situation.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Toshin (if I'm not mistaken on the spelling), is still making that full Mii Gunner-to-Geno overhaul mod, right? The last I heard on it was that it wouldn't be releasing until after the final official fighter dropped, for various technical reasons. Since we've now got a date, that's what I'm curious about.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Toshin (if I'm not mistaken on the spelling), is still making that full Mii Gunner-to-Geno overhaul mod, right? The last I heard on it was that it wouldn't be releasing until after the final official fighter dropped, for various technical reasons. Since we've now got a date, that's what I'm curious about.
I won't know specifics but this makes sense as it won't require much updating. It isn't like Ultimate will be getting many additional updates in the long haul.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Well then better luck next time I was excited for the Doom slayer mii costume more than Sora
But I think it’s funny how they avoided characters such as Mickey or other Disney characters to be shown in game but I guess it’s understandable
Sora feels like a couple of swords fighter hybrids which isn’t really my type

Last edited:

Internet_Goblin

Smash Cadet
Them showing the reveal trailer twice was especially strange. Really thought we were about to get a bonus fighter or something, but no. Here's to another 25 years.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Whelp not the character I was hoping for as the last one unsurprisingly unfortunately none of the DLC was anyone I was hoping for. I understand why this character was chosen and I am happy for all the fans who got the character(s) they wanted. I'm also happy that if he truly was the ballot winner they actually went way out of their way to get the character in Smash. I can't imagine that Geno didn't do well on the ballot so he could come to a future installment of Smash still imo and yes I do believe there will be more Smash although it will likely not be as huge as Ultimate is. It is incredible how many worlds have been combined in this game. I'm very grateful I got characters I wanted in base game (K Roll, Ridley, and Dark Samus) and some additions really grew on me (Belmonts, Joker, Banjo, Terry, Sephiroth, Kazuya). I'm grateful for all the hard work that the team did on Ultimate. Imo there are worse characters they could have ended on and I'm glad it was finally a widespread fan-pleasing pick. Take care everyone. I'll still be lurking and supporting this thread anyway I can. I'd still be down for doing another letter-writing campaign where we thank the team for Ultimate and all their hard work and/or continue to push for Geno and SMRPG's return. If they can get a Disney character in Smash there's no way we can't get what we want. I'm also excited to try Kingdom Hearts games coming to Switch. Thank you all for your dedication and for continuing to believe and fight for this cause despite all the obstacles. Each and every one of you is truly a remarkable and wonderful person and I am forever grateful for this community.

S1itchey

Smash Apprentice
Can't really complain as I've already accepted it wasn't going to be a character I wanted. But I can't say I don't feel a little hurt that we got 3 square characters (or maybe sora is disney but you get what I mean) and geno still wasn't chosen. Nevertheless I'm glad that Sakurai gets to finally take a break. I just wish the ending to such a great game didn't have to be something I can't look back on very fondly.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I don't even like Sora and won't be getting him - but even still I just have to say this... that was such a very well-animated reveal trailer. Like, wow, did you see how soft and fluffy his hair was? I felt like I could touch it.

That light, flowing Simple and Clean was a super nice touch, too.

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
I honestly don't think he has been seriously considered for a while. We know Sakurai wanted him in Brawl, but I don't think it was because he was seriously all that attached to Geno himself as much of liking to use weird and obscure characters with cool moveset potential. Geno really only has his fanbase going for him in terms of importance; He was a secondary character used mainly for exposition in a 25 year old game. He also has to compete with the single most competetive cast for a release. Not counting Wario and Donkey Kong Characters, he has to compete with Kamek, Toad, Waluigi, E Gadd, King Boo, the Paper Mario Cast, and tons of other characters his only advantage is his fanbase. He also has to compete with Squares line up of possible character, quite possibly the single strongest line up of RPG characters in gaming. All 4 of the SE characters chosen are big names, and I wouldn't be surprised if Terra or a DQ Character is also considered before him in the future. Sakurai's priorities very well may have shifted, after all the only fighters from the Forbidden 7 to even get added to smash are the ones from melee, not any of the new ideas. Dixie Kong, Plusle and Minun, and Tetra/Toon Zelda were all ideas that got even further then Geno but have yet to reemerge.

Also, we have to remember, despite us thinking that Mii Costumes and Assist Trophies are Sakurai "Failing" the fans, it's highly likely he just thinks of it as a good second place prize. He said it himself when Assist Trophies were introduced, not everyone can get into Smash, so these are ways to get characters who weren't able to get into smash bros in. He likely sees it as a fair compromise, he doesn't have to work another 2 years, people get to play characters they want!

I'm not trying to attack you guys for wanting Geno, I'm just saying he likely isn't high on Sakurai's radar anymore. It kinda sucks for you guys, to have a character you really want to have had a shot at the big time 15 years ago, and then being forgotten, but i feel it's pretty healthy to realise that Geno is one of the longer shots. Not Impossible, but more unlikely then most others.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Just in case the thread gets shut down or something, I figured I might as well ask - and this is actually the other reason I'm back, aside from my promise to see things through to the end - how many of you actually have the Deluxe Geno head mod?

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Apprentice
Just in case the thread gets shut down or something, I figured I might as well ask - and this is actually the other reason I'm back, aside from my promise to see things through to the end - how many of you actually have the Deluxe Geno head mod?
I don't, not because I wouldn't get it in a heartbeat, but because I have a patched Switch.

Internet_Goblin

Smash Cadet
I don't play Smash anymore. The main reason I was following the game in first place was to see if Geno got in. That's it. Smash just so happens to be the one of the few games that Geno has, or at least had, a good chance to finally reappear in.

D

Deleted member

Ultimate has gone from a dream to a nightmare for me.

Good ****ing bye.

Top Bottom