• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno in Brawl. O_o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wow. If this guy perfects his hacking, he could put in Mewtwo...
Except it's not a hack...it's editing, plain and simple.
And hacking notices and as much as he did with Geno (even though it's not a hack) doesn't do anything for anyone.

Isn't it better for me to say nothing? =3
The truth is that I made this video. And you're watching it. I'm still trying to get further with Geno every couple days or so. But it's been a month since I've made any progress.
What happens if it's real?
What happens if it's an edit?
What happens if it's a hack?
No, not really...saying nothing just makes us angrier because it's so obviously not real, and it makes you look like more of an idiot because you clearly don't believe it's that obvious.

Its an edit and we all know it.
And this, to your little "what if"s. Couldn't've said it better myself.
If you were to say just "I'm not going to say anything", that'd be one thing. But "I'm trying to get further" just makes it sound stupid. Trying once, twice, thrice maybe, but if it freezes up every time (albeit in a totally unorthodox/fake way) at the same place why would you even bother?

If you say so then what's the worry?
I love how you pretend like there's still a question. If there were actually a way to unlock him, you'd be a selfish prick to not tell anyone. Keeping it to yourself for a month is stupid as well.
And if you actually had hacking skills to add him in, you'd be wise to put them to good use instead of making prank videos.

There's no worry, it just makes you a complete moron and for playing stupid and for acting like we're stupid and are still questioning it. It's not that there's a worry, it's that you're aggravating and obnoxious.
Granted, that's probably your goal.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
No thank you... =/
This might be a stupid question, but why did you even bother coming here? You didn't expect a warm welcome, did you?

Guys, just leave him to...whatever it is he's doing. We know it's edited, we don't really need him to tell us it is to make it official. It's probably his goal to get attention anyways, so giving him that is as bad as feeding a troll. Which can be entertaining sometimes, but this guy isn't even interesting.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I didn't expect all the hurt feelings. XD
Hurt feelings? Hardly. I could care less if Geno were in, he's a possessed scarecrow from a game so long back that's third party, and for whatever reason, he has a following as big as a celebrity's.

The part that irks me is the idiots that make these fake videos pretending a character is actually in the game, and then when everyone points out how obviously fake it is they don't say anything like it's a top secret "It's PROBABLY fake...but it might not be." We all know it's fake, by pretending further you're making a fool of yourself.

Stop wasting everyone's time, including your own. If you've got editing skills that good, do the world a favor and put them to good use. You're like the people who have great skills with computers and use it to send viruses to people. What's the point of it?
In any case, I'm done trying to reason with you. If you want to keep playing your games, have at it.

Xydeit

Smash Cadet
Hurt feelings? Hardly. I could care less if Geno were in, he's a possessed scarecrow from a game so long back that's third party, and for whatever reason, he has a following as big as a celebrity's.

The part that irks me is the idiots that make these fake videos pretending a character is actually in the game, and then when everyone points out how obviously fake it is they don't say anything like it's a top secret "It's PROBABLY fake...but it might not be." We all know it's fake, by pretending further you're making a fool of yourself.

Stop wasting everyone's time, including your own. If you've got editing skills that good, do the world a favor and put them to good use. You're like the people who have great skills with computers and use it to send viruses to people. What's the point of it?
In any case, I'm done trying to reason with you. If you want to keep playing your games, have at it.
Actually I mean my own feelings. XD

Look, if it's obviously fake to you then why do I have to say anything. I'm not keeping a big secret and I haven't lied about anything. I already feel like a fool and I've been dissed in every department. "The model sucks, the editing sucks, the hacking sucks, the methods suck." It's only been one day. I just want people to see it. You make it very hard for me to even want to reply to anyone. I never made a video that people complimented like this before. It's already past 1000 views and look at the talk it stirred up here. That's a lot for me. Don't you think I'd like to do good in the world? Show me somewhere I can work to support myself and I'll show how I made the video. I'd love to put out videos like this for a living.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Give this guy a golden wii! What amazing editing skills!

Or... by some bizarre chance that this is real, wouldn't that be perplexing... Even Sakurai had no idea.

Lol.

Hopefully at some point, he can go even further and give him a moveset.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l

Look, if it's obviously fake to you then why do I have to say anything. I'm not keeping a big secret and I haven't lied about anything. I already feel like a fool and I've been dissed in every department. "The model sucks, the editing sucks, the hacking sucks, the methods suck." It's only been one day. I just want people to see it. You make it very hard for me to even want to reply to anyone. I never made a video that people complimented like this before. It's already past 1000 views and look at the talk it stirred up here. That's a lot for me. Don't you think I'd like to do good in the world? Show me somewhere I can work to support myself and I'll show how I made the video. I'd love to put out videos like this for a living.
Well first off you did lie. You said you found this when you edited it in. You also said in a previous post you were trying to get him to work. Second people only dissed the model. They never dissed your editing, in fact you were complimented for editing. People don't like it when you fake things like this.

Xydeit

Smash Cadet
I am trying to get him to go further. -_- School doesn't give me much time for that.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Still, the model would be somewhat difficult to put in to fit with Brawl standards, wouldn't it?

Xydeit

Smash Cadet
And to call me a troll. I just looked that up. <.<

But you guys are correct about one thing. The title I used in this particular forum does seem to be a typo so let me change it if I can.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Well, now I feel bad.

The editing, I thought, was very good, as was the model. I couldn't even do half that well, or a quarter.

My only problem was that you seemed to have this sort of feeling about you like you're just posting it to trick people. If you were posting it just to show what you're capable of, then that's great. It just sort of came off like you were trying to trick people and make them believe that he was in Brawl in some way, shape, or form.

I realize I was kind of an ***, and I apologize for that.

Xydeit

Smash Cadet
Since we're being honest.

Forgiven. And I'm sorry if it looks like I'm trying to trick people. While I am trying to be somewhat sly about what I say, I didn't want to be a jerk with this video, I just wanted people to see it, so saying nothing seems to be the best way to keep it stirred. Due to various circumstances, the biggest being my health, I can't go out and get a regular job like most people. I felt as though I needed to showcase what I'm good at in hopes that it might help my situation. This video almost certainly would have been far more interesting if I didn't just go back to school. But the fact is I'm in school now, so the video is here. XD

And as a side note, one thing I was thinking was "I would be so happy if just one person acknowledges this as real" but it's not so much that I want to make a fool out of somebody, just that somebody thinking that means I did that alright of a job making it.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Forgiven. And I'm sorry if it looks like I'm trying to trick people. While I am trying to be somewhat sly about what I say, I didn't want to be a jerk with this video, I just wanted people to see it, so saying nothing seems to be the best way to keep it stirred. Due to various circumstances, the biggest being my health, I can't go out and get a regular job like most people. I felt as though I needed to showcase what I'm good at in hopes that it might help my situation. This video almost certainly would have been far more interesting if I didn't just go back to school. But the fact is I'm in school now, so the video is here. XD

And as a side note, one thing I was thinking was "I would be so happy if just one person acknowledges this as real" but it's not so much that I want to make a fool out of somebody, just that somebody thinking that means I did that alright of a job making it.
I can understand that. I mean, leaving it open for interpretation was probably the best thing for you to do in your situation.

As for thinking it was real, your editing wasn't really what gave it away -- it was the fact that Brawl's been sifted through 100% and Geno wasn't found, and the way it froze (despite how hilarious it sounds) was another thing. Then there's the fact that I'm a natural skeptic about these things most of the time, because I let myself trust things too much, so I try to be predisposed to not believe something until I know it's real or have a lot of proof.

I can certainly understand how bad it would feel to have someone see your work and start attacking it and saying that it's clearly edited.

It really was a good job, though. I wish I had half that talent.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord

Alright its cool. Like Firus said no one belived you because the game has been hacked and all all the character programs where found, including seven characters that were cut.

Xydeit

Smash Cadet
Well I know Brawl's been hacked too, and because I'm still not 100% learned on code, I would honestly support the idea that garbage data for Geno and many other charactes could still be hidden in there.

The GO comments are totally new to me since I've never otherwise had my game freeze on that part. XD
The only other freeze I've seen was my "spam the sandbags for cds" session.

Glad we made up. Friends are better than none. But it's still open for interpritation. ;) Let me have that much. XD

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well I know Brawl's been hacked too, and because I'm still not 100% learned on code, I would honestly support the idea that garbage data for Geno and many other charactes could still be hidden in there.

The GO comments are totally new to me since I've never otherwise had my game freeze on that part. XD
The only other freeze I've seen was my "spam the sandbags for cds" session.

Glad we made up. Friends are better than none. But it's still open for interpritation. ;) Let me have that much. XD
Most of the time my game's frozen, it's been mid match, and I get a mix of no-sound and annoying beeps. But the few times it has frozen on "GO!", I believe it was silence.
Either way, I've never experienced the regular sound repeating or going on in some way except for uber lag on Wi-Fi -- like once, it froze on Pirate Ship with the whirlwind in the background so I heard that for 5 straight minutes before it returned me to the menu.

But wait, you've had your game freeze from sandbag? Using codes or just a regular CD Factory? That's interesting.

I'm glad we made up too. Sorry again for being so presumptuous.

Xydeit

Smash Cadet
Why does your game freeze?

No cheats, I guess I had too many sandbags colliding too much. The sound produced every time I up-tilted them was amazing. It was this loud impact noise. XD

And if anyone is curious the programs I used were Vegas 6.0 and Photoshop CS.
Photoshop for the message at the end and Vegas to save the file. ;)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Why does your game freeze?

No cheats, I guess I had too many sandbags colliding too much. The sound produced every time I up-tilted them was amazing. It was this loud impact noise. XD

And if anyone is curious the programs I used were Vegas 6.0 and Photoshop CS.
Photoshop for the message at the end and Vegas to save the file. ;)
Hacks using the Ocarina. Most of the times it's frozen so far have been in the middle of matches testing out a "Infinite Up B for Lucario (and tons of glitches for other characters" code. Unfortunately, some of the characters' glitches are freezing with a loud beeping noise. :laugh:
Come to think of it, it's never frozen at Go, just at the Stage Selection screen. I select a stage, and I had a bad combo of codes in or whatever so it sits there forever with the stage selected as if it's about to go into battle. It's annoying because sometimes it takes a while to load so I never know if it's just taking a while or if it's frozen.
Other than that and lag, it doesn't really ever freeze that I can recall. Although I saw a YouTube video about a way to make a friend's Wii freeze while playing online with them. Haven't tested it out yet, though.

As for the sandbags, that's funny. I would've liked to hear that...I bet it sounded funny.

Is Vegas affordable? I enjoy some video editing (mostly making music videos, not very advanced otherwise with video editing) and...let's face it, Movie Maker makes me want to bash my head against a wall until I fall unconscious. I've been considering getting another program for a while and I haven't picked one yet.

Xydeit

Smash Cadet
What's Ocarina?

Vegas is very expensive. I was given the program by a friend. Movie Maker used to make me pretty angry too but when you combine programs you can get a lot done with some effort.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
What's Ocarina?

Vegas is very expensive. I was given the program by a friend. Movie Maker used to make me pretty angry too but when you combine programs you can get a lot done with some effort.
It's an application you can get installed for the Homebrew Channel -- a channel you can install given an SD Card and SD Card Reader, as well as a copy of Twilight Princess. Using a hacked save file, you install the channel and can use anything from emulators to painting programs to dumping save files with the channel. The Ocarina is an Action Replay type application for it. There's a thread on it somewhere in here titled "WiiRD (Usbgecko+Ocarina) Brawl Codes for RSBE USA (updated frequently)".

Gah, should've known it'd be expensive...

As for Movie Maker, I hate that it can't handle much before it freezes. I made a Brawl tribute in it and I eventually was forced to save it to my PC everytime I wanted to preview it because it got to the point where the video froze at a certain point and the audio kept playing, basically resulting in a frozen Movie Maker. Probably my fault for using a chain of fading effects (not fade to white/black, fading from one clip to the next), but oh well.
I've also previously made long videos ("long" being 5-6 minutes) and after all my hard work it wouldn't save it to my computer. If I could get something that doesn't freeze every 5 minutes I'd be happy...unfortunately, I'll probably be hard-pressed to find a cheap alternative to MM.

Xydeit

Smash Cadet
Now that you mention it Movie Maker is a jerk in that aspect.
Vegas is reliable. I've handled files with over 30 layers of footage with intense transitions and edits going on for over 10 minutes so far and it never freezes on me.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Now that you mention it Movie Maker is a jerk in that aspect.
Vegas is reliable. I've handled files with over 30 layers of footage with intense transitions and edits going on for over 10 minutes so far and it never freezes on me.
That's good to know. Thankfully, mc-killa linked me to a torrent of it so I can finally reliably edit movies.

And that is why it is over priced.
Yeah. You realize all good programs are overpriced? Photoshop (CS3 is RIDICULOUS.) is overpriced, Vegas is overpriced, all of those programs are. Probably because there's no program out there at the moment that rivals them. Someone needs to do that, I don't think it honestly cost them that much to make Photoshop CS3 that $700 is a fair pricing for it. This is why we have capitalism, so companies have to keep prices reasonable to compete.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
That's good to know. Thankfully, mc-killa linked me to a torrent of it so I can finally reliably edit movies.

Yeah. You realize all good programs are overpriced? Photoshop (CS3 is RIDICULOUS.) is overpriced, Vegas is overpriced, all of those programs are. Probably because there's no program out there at the moment that rivals them. Someone needs to do that, I don't think it honestly cost them that much to make Photoshop CS3 that $700 is a fair pricing for it. This is why we have capitalism, so companies have to keep prices reasonable to compete.
I know I bought flash. Its way better than a lot of similar free ware but its not worth $800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom