• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Also, just a musing, but I have said multiple times that Nintendo knows important reveals vs "meh" reveals. They save the good stuff for prime time or big events - Joker (while I don't like his inclusion, a major head turner), Hero, Banjo and Banjo's release + Terry were all where a lot of eyes would see them. Byleth, Min Min, and even Steve were at 10 in the ****ing morning when a very select audience would be able to catch the reveal live.

This character is someone Nintendo wanted to be sure all eyes will be on. 7 PM eastern time is time enough for three time zones to make it home from work, and two of them can get dinner. This Game Awards is unique in that its hosts are in three different countries (or something, idk they're the ones hyping this **** up), truly a worldwide event.

Geno or not, we're in for something notable.

MattX20

Smash Hero
With Joker, it was an out of left field reveal that was revealed more positively than negatively when we got a Smash reveal, but for tonight's pick, I imagine Nintendo wants to generate hype with this next pick. Steve was fairly polarizing, so someone like Crash who would have a massive fan reaction of positivity or one like Geno who fans have requested for years would be the best choices to pick for such a big event.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
It's exciting that we're here again, on the doorsteps of another Smash reveal, and so suddenly, too! That was a pleasant surprise to wake up to.

However, given that this is a high profile event, I'm not really sure I can expect Geno to pop up, here. I feel like the chances are high for either a Crash reveal, or even a Sora reveal.

I would love to be wrong, and of course, be absolutely surprised in the process! But, I don't think that tonight's going to amount to anything for us at the moment. While we do have that Mario tournament on the books, and that latest smash event had that eerily significant Mushroom title, Nintendo has a habit of throwing consistency to the wind, and favoring left field versus the expected result that fills in the suspicious blanks.

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling TGA is going to be really good this year. Better than last year that’s what I’m expecting

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
Also, why does everyone think it’s Fortnite cause of one baseless rumor lol.
Because it is so anti-hype and after Steve burning a lot of people, it absolutely is in the cards. For what it's worth, there's also the rumors of Samus coming to Fortnite so if you can believe that you can easily believe it goes back the other way too. Also, Nintendo worked with Tencent to release the Switch in China and it's been an ongoing process. IIRC, Tencent owns the licensing rights to the Switch in China actually. And who does Tencent also have a major stake in? Epic Games. There's a logical pathway you could follow to get to the conclusion that Fortnite WILL be in Smash. Also, tinfoil hat time, but Disney apparently also has major stake in Epic Games (no big shock there, with the Marvel events in Fortnite). This could all be some big, convoluted and weird cuddlefest that led to not just Fortnite but you-know-who coming to Smash as well. But that's absolutely tinfoil hat conspiracy BS, so don't act like I'm preaching truth here.

D

Deleted member

Because it is so anti-hype and after Steve burning a lot of people, it absolutely is in the cards. For what it's worth, there's also the rumors of Samus coming to Fortnite so if you can believe that you can easily believe it goes back the other way too. Also, Nintendo worked with Tencent to release the Switch in China and it's been an ongoing process. IIRC, Tencent owns the licensing rights to the Switch in China actually. And who does Tencent also have a major stake in? Epic Games. There's a logical pathway you could follow to get to the conclusion that Fortnite WILL be in Smash. Also, tinfoil hat time, but Disney apparently also has major stake in Epic Games (no big shock there, with the Marvel events in Fortnite). This could all be some big, convoluted and weird cuddlefest that led to not just Fortnite but you-know-who coming to Smash as well. But that's absolutely tinfoil hat conspiracy BS, so don't act like I'm preaching truth here.
I don't know who. Lord Voldemort?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , by the time you get here, tell us, what do you think of this news?
Well, my theorycraft worked out so that's good: a reveal before the end of the year thanks to a wide variety of factors. As to everything else, this is likely whoever our second E3 reveal was supposed to be. They've chosen an enormous audience so it's a big deal and that's pretty much all I have to say about that.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I hope for the best, although I am going to assume it's someone else. I'm busy for the evening, so I won't be able to watch it and will need to check out what google says.

Heoj

Smash Ace
Me when I was set on skipping the live show since my time zone makes it so it starts at 2:00am, but now that I know theres a smash reveal, i gotta watch it live.
Also my face when i just dont see it being geno. Gonna hope for someone cool i guess.
sadsanjiagain.png

edit: all i can really hope for is that hypothetically, if this reveal is gonna be what was supposed to the second e3 reveal then HYPOTHETICALLY, it could be a certain wooden doll.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I know there’s a lot of people that hate that Tiffany treadmore account on Twitter and a lot that don’t believe in the leaks she shares but I think it’s worth keeping an eye on her list that she said for tonight.

This was her list (hoping it adds it)

Obviously it’s wrong, she said we were getting travis and we got minecraft instead, however he became a mii costume.

I say possibly keep an eye on this list because what if there’s the chance that the info on the list could be legit but with communication being hard when it comes to smash info some of this could be mii costumes and some could be fighters.

After tonight this list will either be dead or alive.

Attachments

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Taken some time to collect my thoughts and I have 3 possibilities to who they could go with for this event.

Crash Bandicoot - It's a no brainer that this would generate a lot of hype and the VGA's would be one of the best places to announce this. Second only to E3.

Doom Slayer - It is Doom's Anniversary today and with Doom Eternal (finally) releasing on Switch, it would possibly boost sales for it and Smash. Also, Doom Eternal has a lot of nominations.

And of course...

Geno - All the coincedences leading up to this moment would be great. The only way I could see this working is if Geno is followed with an announcement for SMRPG remake/sequel. Not out of the question, especially with Square Enix having a presence at the VGA's with FF7R.

These are the ones I am leaning towards, but just excited for an announcement!

Firox

Smash Master
This is going to be me every time Nintendo's name is mentioned tonight...

1607612983723.png

I can't wait for them to fake me out 5 of 6 times with completely unrelated content.

Reggie: "I'm happy to announce...Halo 4 is coming to Nintendo Switch!"

Me: "Holy mother of ****, Master Chief! It's happening!" (No smash reveal)

Reggie: "And if you thought THAT was cool, may I present.....POKEMON KETCHUP AND MUSTARD!"

Me: "NOOOOOOO! Not another Pokemon!" (No smash reveal) "Phew."

Reggie: "Now, I know all of you have been waiting for this....A NEW FIRE EMBLEM! FOUR HOUSES!"

Me: "Aaaaw **** no."

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
and for those worried about Jonesy, recall that negotiations took 5 years for Steve and Minecraft to join Ultimate. Fortnite wasn't even released until 2017
I would like someone else more than Jonesy as well, but I don’t see how Steve’s negotiation time makes Jonesy less likely. I don’t think that one “no comment” from Epic Games means he’s getting in, though.

And Steve wasn’t that polarizing; a big majority loved him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know there’s a lot of people that hate that Tiffany treadmore account on Twitter and a lot that don’t believe in the leaks she shares but I think it’s worth keeping an eye on her list that she said for tonight.

Obviously it’s wrong, she said we were getting travis and we got minecraft instead, however he became a mii costume.

I say possibly keep an eye on this list because what if there’s the chance that the info on the list could be legit but with communication being hard when it comes to smash info some of this could be mii costumes and some could be fighters.

"so that was a ****ing lie"

I'm locking in on Geno. We're telling ourselves he isn't important enough but this is the moment to delight the fans and put a star on top of the tree.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
I don't know who. Lord Voldemort?
Sora.

Who also had a few rumors drop in the past week about him. The very obviously fake image leak and then a very likely proven false text leak. There was also the statement going around from an insider that Disney and Nintendo talked about him in Smash but negotiations fell apart. Again, for what it's worth, Kingdom Hearts recently got a rhythm game on the Switch. However, Nomura made it a point to say that was pretty much the only KH game the Switch would be getting.

Well, my theorycraft worked out so that's good: a reveal before the end of the year thanks to a wide variety of factors. As to everything else, this is likely whoever our second E3 reveal was supposed to be. They've chosen an enormous audience so it's a big deal and that's pretty much all I have to say about that.
I agree 10000x, but I don't think it's Geno. No way. He's not Banjo tier of recognizability outside the Smash community. You could get away with Banjo at E3 or the VGAs because everyone who was over a certain age knew who he was and why it was important to see him in Smash. Geno still hits that, but he plays to a much smaller audience. I think it's going to be something unexpected and Western geared, like a Dante, Chief, Hayabusa or even Jonesy.

God... even my students today are talking about Jonesy being revealed for Smash and how they've been reading all the rumors and wish he could make it in. It's going to be another Steve tier gut punch reveal and you know it.

Snoop_nogg

Smash Apprentice

This account is often wrong, and often talks in riddles.

Hyabusa would make a decent Mii Swordfighter, though.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman

It's not even New Years so she was just dead wrong already.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
All I know is that if the Jonesy fake **** ends being real I'm 100% gonna uninstall Smash this time lol. I sadly haven't heard anything on my end, my guy is being the same saying what character would make him uninstall the game himself haha. But well, we have still some hours ahead, maybe it leaks somewhere else… maybe it won't.

I can't tell if that is hinting Crash or if that guy is just saying woah just because...
It's hilarious how we are cursed by Crash's Woahs hahahaha

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
This is going to be me every time Nintendo's name is mentioned tonight...

View attachment 294795

I can't wait for them to fake me out 5 of 6 times with completely unrelated content.

Reggie: "I'm happy to announce...Halo 4 is coming to Nintendo Switch!"

Me: "Holy mother of ****, Master Chief! It's happening!" (No smash reveal)

Reggie: "And if you thought THAT was cool, may I present.....POKEMON KETCHUP AND MUSTARD!"

Me: "NOOOOOOO! Not another Pokemon!" (No smash reveal) "Phew."

Reggie: "Now, I know all of you have been waiting for this....A NEW FIRE EMBLEM! FOUR HOUSES!"

Me: "Aaaaw **** no."
reggie left, you know

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Of course, the one time that we know in advance that there's going to be a Smash reveal at the Game Awards is when I'm going to miss the first hour and a half due to work. (though I'm guessing the Smash reveal won't be until the very end)

My gut instinct is either Crash Bandicoot, Dante, or Doomguy, though I'm hoping it's not Jonesy from Fortnite. (as much as I want Geno in, I'm not sure how well he'd work as an awards show reveal - then again, stranger things have happened)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom