• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
No, Geno is pretty much on the thumbnail of all their predictions video. I can recall, I think he only missed 1-2 thumbnails of their predictions videos; amd I'm pretty sure they always predict Geno inside the video.

Both Xenoblade and Geno tend to get featured on thumbnails plenty often, which makes sense because they like those series/characters, and they are decently likely bets. I don't really think it's a hint.

In total Geno has been featured in the thumbnail of at least 5 of their predictions videos for Smash Ultimate, and most of the times he's near the frontish. In total there are probably 8 or so predictions videos that they've made for Ultimate DLC (not entirely sure); I don't really think they are hinting at him through predictions/thumbnails. At least it's virtually impossible to tell if it's more than just a prediction, because they mention him every time they make one of these videos.
I didn't mean to say I think this is them hinting at Geno or anything. I just shared this just because I think its exciting that even big gaming journalists like GameXplain are predicting Geno, and to me that is exciting. It at least gives me a lot more hope knowing that a ton of people are predicting Geno now more then ever.

MexoKatonSB

Smash Cadet
YES HELLO! ;OO
im a splatoon animator (yea, that nook of the woods)
im also an average singer and i major in supporting our puppet boi
i see i see

i do sprite animation, and am slowly working my way to drawn animation.

i also do art, which you can find on my twitter tbh.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
did someone say "lapidot shipper"??

i have a brethren!
Friendly reminder that Bismuth and Pearl happened before Lapis and Peridot and that Lapis and Peridot will never officially be a couple. :ultpacman:
Also, shipping is the cancer that's ruining entertainment.

Last edited:

MexoKatonSB

Smash Cadet
Friendly reminder that Bismuth and Pearl happened before Lapis and Peridot and that Lapis and Peridot will never officially be a couple. :ultpacman:
Also, shipping is the cancer that's ruining entertainment.
eh. to each their own

i don't do ships, i can agree with them tbh, but shipping isn't my thing unless i really like the characters, or see some chemestry

LapidotShipper4Life

Smash Cadet
so, how long have you supported geno for smash?
I have always wanted him since about a few months after Utilmate’s release when me and my brother noticed his Mii Costume was missing. I especially supported him even more during Hero’s and Banjo-Kazooie’s announcement and now this past summer when there was a lot of evidence towards him being in fighter in this pass and possibly even the next fighter!

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
I have always wanted him since about a few months after Utilmate’s release when me and my brother noticed his Mii Costume was missing. I especially supported him even more during Hero’s and Banjo-Kazooie’s announcement and now this past summer when there was a lot of evidence towards him being in fighter in this pass and possibly even the next fighter!
dude thats so cool! ive been supporting geno since 2008! i watched chuggaconroy play smrpg after i watched rawest forest, i got hooked

Droodle

Smash Lord
I didn't mean to say I think this is them hinting at Geno or anything. I just shared this just because I think its exciting that even big gaming journalists like GameXplain are predicting Geno, and to me that is exciting. It at least gives me a lot more hope knowing that a ton of people are predicting Geno now more then ever.
Yeah I know, and I didn't mean to be rude if I came of that way. But the thing is that GameXPlain literally always predicts Geno since like August of 2018, so I'm not too surprised by this. Hopefully it is him though, but personally I'm expecting a first party due to the lack of totally not leaks, but actually are. Outside of basic predictions no one has posted anything regarding who 7 is. I guess Imran technically said he's not expecting Monster Hunter or Crash but at the same time those are more of his predictions rather than leaks.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
If you believe the post from Slayersfake about Tracer, you are on the wrong page.

If you believe that a Gen 8 Pokemon is coming, that dead argument got the last nail in the coffin yesterday.

If you believe Crash is coming, you aren't wrong but this is waaaaaaaay too early.

If you think Monster Hunter is coming, Imran Khan and myself say hello and hell no.

THE EVIDENCE IS ALL THERE AND THERE ARE NO OTHER OPTIONS!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think something that people keep glancing over is that 7 would have likely been the "opening act" of Nintendo's E3 2020. Let's recap the "first" characters of each E3, shall we?

2001: Peach (huge fan favorite)

2006: Metaknight (huge fan favorite)

2013: Villager (previously deconfirmed character from a wildly popular franchise)

2014: Miis (introduced customization in Smash plus Amiibos)

2015: Roy (Huge fan favorite, gone since Melee)

2018:Daisy (huge fan favorite, wanted since Melee)

2019: Hero (literally the first time multiple Heros were allowed to appear together in a game together and the first time DQ was fully liscensed out to another company in the franchise's 33 year history)

It's definitely in our favor that 7 will be a big deal and possibly be a mold breaker too.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
It is certainly hard not to get wrapped up in the excitement that's boiling over - the energy here is incredible, make no mistake!

I wish I could let myself run wild with hype, but I'm held back by the one singular thought that, no matter how perfectly something may be lining up, it's never a guarantee. I learned this with the whole star festival thing back on 7/7 and how all the numbers were lining up for a PERFECT time to reveal, and then.. well, it didn't happen, of course, but, that's where my mindspace is at right now.

I will be waking up and doing a simple stream to see how things go. Hopefully, it goes well. Otherwise, I may just take my leave of the speculation cycle as a whole, because, quite honestly, this has been an excruciating, exhausting wait.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
If you believe the post from Slayersfake about Tracer, you are on the wrong page.

If you believe that a Gen 8 Pokemon is coming, that dead argument got the last nail in the coffin yesterday.

If you believe Crash is coming, you aren't wrong but this is waaaaaaaay too early.

If you think Monster Hunter is coming, Imran Khan and myself say hello and hell no.

THE EVIDENCE IS ALL THERE AND THERE ARE NO OTHER OPTIONS!

Rex and Pyra/Mythra and the Doomslayer: Hi.

Last edited:

LapidotShipper4Life

Smash Cadet
also , do note that he works for nintendo now, he did some of the music for links awakening--
Wait, he does! I can’t believe he does some of the music for an actual Nintendo game!
Not gonna lie, I’m loving all the enthusiasm from this thread right now!
Me too, especially when an announcement is thought to happen or about to, it’s always so amazing to seeing everybody get excited over what can be the day tomorrow!

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I'm really starting to throw around the idea in my head that they might have been planning for only one E3 reveal this year. Does it go against the precedent of basically every Smash E3 prior? Yes, but the fact we are 4 months out from E3 yet they seemingly only feel the need to reveal one of the characters right now is a little telling to me. Combined with the still somewhat unexplained December 2021 deadline, I think they might just be spacing out the characters more, or at the very least taking longer with the second batch of DLC characters.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Something I'm curious about is on the off chance Geno does get in, would music from Mario RPG be easier to get than the songs for Cloud or Hero? I mean Nintendo's had a strong relationship with Yoko Shimomura and even the Mushroom Kingdom track ended up in Fortune Street, and that was a much less high profile game than Smash. I guess I'm just wondering if there would be the same kind of Square Enix weirdness with the music that Final Fantasy has been.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Kind of surreal to think we may be on the advent of Geno's announcement isn't it? I feel I only just fully realised the sheer severity of it. It would obviously be another instance of Nintendo catering to the fans but also his return in general. Just take the time to think we are roughly 15 hours away from seeing if it's his time. The sheer size of this community too. The standard for support threads previously was Ridley from Sm4sh and this thread has thrashed that by about 3 times. All the times people have put Geno down for one way or another and there is a really legit possibility that how wrong they were could be revelled in for being the last character it was done to. It will be an excellent day tomorrow should it happen.

And I know the way I phrase it and such in ways that reek of hype responsibly, but that's just because I'm playing it safe as I pretty much always do (I should change...). The sheer confidence and ambition of everyone in the thread to get it this far really is meaningful and really does attest to his popularity which some seem to deny. That in and of itself may not seem like much but like I said it attests to his popularity and is a real noteworthy trait to have. I could tag every user here but I won't just because there are so many. To think a mere few minutes really could change it for the better in a matter of hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom