• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
It's finally time, guys. Time for Geno's reveal. And the release is soon too. But where's the true Sakurai Presents?
1. This showcase is 3 minutes long, which means that this is only the trailer for the character's reveal. While we don't know for how long Sakurai will talk, but not for a normal Presents. If this was a true Presents, this would have 20-30 minutes at the very least. This is more like the Smash 4 reveals, so we're probably getting the rest of the pack's contents sometime soon.
2. Considering how short the presentation is and how it's followed by a Sakurai message, this implies 0 info on other game updates tomorrow, just Geno's reveal.

I think they're doing this announcement to space out character reveals, so when we get that General Direct, 8 will be there and Geno's release will be right after. But for now...

Here's the link for the livestream if you don't want to be spoiled, just save my post and you're good.

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
If Geno was included what would his stage be? Bowsers Keep or Forest Maze? Bowsers Keep because we could finally have Bowsers Castle as a stage, or Forest Maze, which was his first appearance.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Y'all are killing me...

-3 minute trailers almost always have multiple characters, even if they're ALTS. Palutena has been the only exception to this and that was because her trailer introduced the whole concept of custom moves.

-Every dual reveal trailer except Ken and Inceniroar has been characters from the same franchise.

-This is literally the day after the 35th Mario anniversary month AND the launch date of Mario 35.

-The Hero releases on Friday, Cloud is being rereleased a second time for Ultimate.

-The Smash Mario Amiibo rereleases in this last wave were Mario, Luigi, and Daisy.

-A Square Enix sale ends at the end of today.

-There was supposed to be a Mario Smash tournament in early September but postponed for """""""""""""""""unknown""""""""""""""""" reasons.

Honestly, I'm pretty zen right now. As much fun as it is to see people get worked up, to quote Saint Gorilla in the Sky, "there's no need to get upset." The stage is set, the lights are dimmed... Just take this time to find your seats and reflect. 22 hours to go...
I really hope so. I really want this long journey to finally reach a conclusion

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Y'all are killing me...

-3 minute trailers almost always have multiple characters, even if they're ALTS. Palutena has been the only exception to this and that was because her trailer introduced the whole concept of custom moves.

-Every dual reveal trailer except Ken and Inceniroar has been characters from the same franchise.

-This is literally the day after the 35th Mario anniversary month AND the launch date of Mario 35.

-The Hero releases on Friday, Cloud is being rereleased a second time for Ultimate.

-The Smash Mario Amiibo rereleases in this last wave were Mario, Luigi, and Daisy.

-There was supposed to be a Mario Smash tournament in early September but postponed for """""""""""""""""unknown""""""""""""""""" reasons.

Honestly, I'm pretty zen right now. As much fun as it is to see people get worked up, to quote Saint Gorilla in the Sky, "there's no need to get upset." The stage is set, the lights are dimmed... Just take this time to find your seats and reflect. 22 hours to go...
I don't see alts but here's a thought. What if we do get Geno but as a bonus fighter, Waluigi is announced, too?

D

Deleted member

i cant contain myself i think i might scream early
I am the equal and opposite reaction in that I am bordering on screaming out of fear that this neverending cycle of "he's not this one but maybe next" is truly never going to end.

I can't take this **** anymore, man.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Although it's titled as an "opening cinematic", back in a previous EVO, at the end of another Street Fighter V tournament, this trailer was played after they revealed Sakura as one of the characters coming on SFV's Season 3. This trailer is roughly 4 minutes, yet they showed all the characters that would be coming on said season.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
OMG I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING.

PERHAPS THE TRAILER IS SO LONG BECAUSE THEY ARE REVEALING GENO AND THEN SMRPG REMAKE/SEQUEL RIGHT AFTER!

ISABELLE'S TRAILER WITH ACNH REVEAL WAS JUST SHORT OF 3 AND A HALF MINUTES!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~!
Ummm, might want to calm down. No need to type in bolded caps. I see what you mean, though.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I mean, even if it's not Geno, the odds are extremely high for a double reveal or at least a character with cool ALTS tomorrow so it should be a great day either way, even if Murphy's Law kicks in an it's not The Day™. Plus, it's the end of one of the longest character reveal droughts in Smash history do that's groovy as well. Fun stuff.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
Y'all are killing me...

It’s something to think about for sure. Geno has had a ton of evidence in his favor, from the music takedown one and a half years ago to insiders talking about him to even GameStop potentially leaking his reveal, along with Cacomallow and many others. On the other hand, Waluigi, while he’s an assist and hasn’t had as much evidence as Geno, has been talked about by insiders even more, not to mention the only real plausible way Waluigi could get in is by a Bonus, and it’d be easier to showcase 2 fighters in one trailer. Still don’t think it’s happening for Waluigi but I can hope, still ecstatic for Geno nevertheless.

Last edited:

Shadow__Myth

Smash Cadet
Well guys, tomorrow might be the day our long-running dream comes true. How’s everyone feeling about Geno’s chances? I’m not gonna act like he’s guarenteed, but I’m feeling pretty confident at least. I’d put it at about a 60% chance.

QQS

Smash Lord
Geno is #77. If #77 isn’t Geno, Geno will still be playable 100% later. If there is a double reveal, Geno is guaranteed tomorrow.

They need to show us something and what a better way to sell the entire f***** pass with two 1996 icons:

BEST FAN DEMAND LEFT: Geno
BEST WORLD ICON LEFT: Crash

whether in a single or double reveal, these 2 are 100%.

I will go crazy if tomorrow I see a Forest or the space or simply Mario...

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Sakurai Presents is happening, guys!

... kinda weird that it's just gonna be a three minute video, maybe it'll be a double reveal or Sakurai explaining what took so long, but otherwise GOOD ****ING LORD AND HEAVEN ALMIGHTY, IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!

D

Deleted member

Me when I see Twitter just ****ting all over our blue puppet boi and saying he doesn't deserve to be in.

View attachment 287445
Which is why I'll be so happy if he gets in. He does deserve this. Support from fans for a character is always deserving, despite what people want you to think nowadays.

It's okay to be a fan of something. That does not make you a bad person. I wish Twitter understood that.

Shadow__Myth

Smash Cadet
I really don’t think it’s going to be a double reveal. They said “A new character.” They definitely would have said 2 characters to get more people’s attention. I don’t know how they’re going to pad out a reveal trailer that’s at least 2:30, but it’s definitely going to be just one character.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I really don’t think it’s going to be a double reveal. They said “A new character.” They definitely would have said 2 characters to get more people’s attention. I don’t know how they’re going to pad out a reveal trailer that’s at least 2:30, but it’s definitely going to be just one character.
A trailer with multiple characters appearing could take a while. So either if it's Geno. Mario, Peach, Bowser, maybe throw in Rosalina/Kirby etc. Also could be a fighter from a franchise with multiple icons and be another ''fighting for the envelope" thing like Terry and Min Min.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I think it's a bit pointless to speculate about what could be in the presentation due to the 3 minute timer. While it will probably be a bit longer than 3 minutes, I doubt it's 5 or longer since Nintendo probably just would've said "5 minutes" in that case. It also all really depends on how long Sakurai talks for, we could get a 1.5 minute trailer and 2 minutes of Sakurai talking or we could get a 2.5 minute trailer with 1 minute of Sakurai talking, it's hard to know until it happens.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
View attachment 287417View attachment 287418
credits to artists!

I’m just posting Art before the official art tomorrow after 24 years!

My 1996 or 1997 years old me will be so happy seeing Geno joining the party tomorrow with 30 years now.

GENO VISITS OLD FRIENDS!
I guess since we're posting old palette concepts, I'll throw mine into the pile.
GenoColors.png

In regards to Imran's tweet, Green Day does have a song titled "Wake Me up When September Ends".
I saw someone mention that this tweet, in combination with Kamiya retweeting it, could be a hint towards Viewtiful Joe.
Something else to note... They're avoiding revealing 7's Mii costumes tomorrow... It's as if...

Oh.
OH!

Guys y'all are sleeping on Geno's real competition:
View attachment 287444
I can't ****ing believe people want Sakurai in Smash before The Lorax, this is bull****!
... also, why is The Lorax trending?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom