• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemon demon

Smash Cadet
He wants your brains

I'm sorry, there's a reason why he's a hat
well, he has my permission to take it. not a whole lot in the ol‘ noggin anyway.

by the way, i find it kind of funny that some people are trying to claim the leak as their own. a pinhead larry situation. it’s beautiful in a rat kind of way.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
well, he has my permission to take it. not a whole lot in the ol‘ noggin anyway.

by the way, i find it kind of funny that some people are trying to claim the leak as their own. a pinhead larry situation. it’s beautiful in a rat kind of way.
I'd even call it another Pinhead situation, too, honestly.

I say I'M Dirty Dan!

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
i’ve got to say... i never expected to read “mallow” and ”jiggle physics” in the same sentence. smash speculation is truly a ride.

also, does the mallow mii costume look unsettling to anyone else? is it just me? i can’t even put my finger on exactly why. seeing it made me extremely excited because i love mallow with every bone in my body and every fiber of my being but it also strikes a primal and unrecognizable fear within me.
Those beady eyes. They know you, have known you, and always will. In the corner of your eye the thing you think you see. Or the chill on your back. The feeling of someone watching you when no one is there....it sends jiggles down your spine.

Mallow is an eldritch horror confirmed

D

Deleted member

i’ve got to say... i never expected to read “mallow” and ”jiggle physics” in the same sentence. smash speculation is truly a ride.

also, does the mallow mii costume look unsettling to anyone else? is it just me? i can’t even put my finger on exactly why. seeing it made me extremely excited because i love mallow with every bone in my body and every fiber of my being but it also strikes a primal and unrecognizable fear within me.
I mean, technically it's Mallow's severed... head? Upper body? Just kind of sitting there. It's a little morbid, until you remember he can just leave his legs behind at will.

Why hasn't Nintendo shut down the leak video's yet? That's the most suspicious thing to me.
Because for once in their existence they figured out that the Streisand effect is a real thing?

I don’t see how I was being insulting or condescending in my comments.

And before Nintendo said there were no new fighters to be announced, people were freaking out about the leak being real for that reason alone. But now that Nintendo shot down that possibility, everyone is now saying it was just a coincidence.
If I jump the gun sometimes, I apologize, it's who I am as a person. Speaking of which, people get ahead of themselves all the time. Obviously it would be great for this leak to surface, Nintendo announces a direct or some other form of character announcement, and it all comes together instantly. Instant gratification.

In hindsight, none of us should have expected the Terry Talk to come with a new fighter or any new fighter information. Joker's didn't, Hero's didn't, Banjo's didn't. Fighter information is distributed via directs and that's how they're going to play it from now on, these presentations are just bonuses. Nintendo's being totally honest with us and trying to curb people's expectations of it by saying this isn't the venue they do fighter announcements at. I think they just didn't want us to be mislead by the length.

Plank08

Smash Lord
'45 minutes is too long to just show Terry.'

'40 minutes is too long to show off just Ken, Incineroar and Adventure Mode.'

I just.......no.........its literally a repeat of November 2018's Direct!

No, I'm not hyping myself up this time. Not again.
Technically they also announced plant in that direct sooooooo

Rikarte

Smash Ace
I'm sorry if this has been brought up by someone else during the last few pages but: Has Nintendo shown any any sort of reaction towards that leak so far? All of the images/videos seem to still be up, not a single one got DMCA'd apparently. If this is real, why did Nintendo not bother to take down any of this? They most definitely must have taken note of it by now.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t it get taken down on gamefacts or something like that.

Slime Scholar

Smash Apprentice
The video is 45 minutes long because Sakurai is going to spend time playing actual Fatal Fury with the Neo Geo controller in his desk.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I'm sorry if this has been brought up by someone else during the last few pages but: Has Nintendo shown any any sort of reaction towards that leak so far? All of the images/videos seem to still be up, not a single one got DMCA'd apparently. If this is real, why did Nintendo not bother to take down any of this? They most definitely must have taken note of it by now.
I think that if Nintendo took down the leak it would only make it more obvious that they are trying to cover something

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
There isn't a single thing about the 30 seconds of video and image that says those Mii costumes are coming with Terry. Considering it's supposedly playtester footage and the new update is coming out tomorrow, assuming the leak is real the patch those costumes come with are still in a beta testing stage, likely months away
This is an excellent point I hadn't thought of before. Why would they be beta testing something that comes out tomorrow?

Rikarte

Smash Ace
I think that if Nintendo took down the leak it would only make it more obvious that they are trying to cover something
It's a weird situation. Has something like this ever happened in terms of Smash? I don't remember Nintendo doing anything about the Ken leak either, did they? Maybe their strategy really is to just ignore it lol

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It's a weird situation. Has something like this ever happened in terms of Smash? I don't remember Nintendo doing anything about the Ken leak either, did they? Maybe their strategy really is to just ignore it lol
the ESRB leak was eventually taken down from YouTube, for one

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
They didnt DMCA the original Ken leak im pretty sure

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
This is an excellent point I hadn't thought of before. Why would they be beta testing something that comes out tomorrow?
Also, as another counterpoint, that Mii footage could be from character 5's presentation and they just filmed Terry and 5's presentation close to each other, like Hero and Banjo's.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
Haha maybe they figure with the daily bs leaks flying around, if they ignore it, the goldfish attention span of speculation and the internet will simply move on to something else.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I think it's funny how after a disappointing direct people are like "I wish they would just rip the band-aid off beforehand". Now Nintendo takes it to heart and does just that and people are like "clearly they're lying". What are they supposed to do?

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I think it's funny how after a disappointing direct people are like "I wish they would just rip the band-aid off beforehand". Now Nintendo takes it to heart and does just that and people are like "clearly they're lying". What are they supposed to do?
Personally, I appreciate the direct and upfront approach. Sure it's a little disappointing, but I'm glad to know

Firox

Smash Master
Sakurai plays Fatal Fury for 20 minutes while holding you hostage in his second house (ASMR)
Of all the houses to get taken hostage in, that one's got two big screens and two fully stocked Switches. No complaints here.

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
yeah, but it does seem ridiculous that a 45 minute direct wouldn't have any new character reveals.
Heck, the November direct had Plant for crying out loud.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Apropos of nothing, silvagunner put out a new dk rap. This is very important for all genophiles
(Not for any particular reason, these are just legendary)

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
The fact we're just about at 1650 pages now says a lot regarding Geno's speculation chances right now

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I know they already said they would not show any new characters but what if Sakurai says "and one more thing" followed by that the screen turns black and we see a silhouette of a character or we simply hear a sound that is related to some character and so keep the curiosity of who could be the next dlc?

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
No reason to believe either of those costumes will be revealed tomorrow. Terry will likely come with SNK content. Not seeing anything associated with Mallow or Cacodemon tomorrow is not a bad sign in the slightest bit.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I know they already said they would not show any new characters but what if Sakurai says "and one more thing" followed by that the screen turns black and we see a silhouette of a character or we simply hear a sound that is related to some character and so keep the curiosity of who could be the next dlc?
Well both doom and geno have very iconic sound bits they could use for that. Still have a hard time believing that there won't at least be SOMETHING.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I for one am taking Nintendo's statement 100% literally.

Don't worry, I doubt that anything Mario RPG or DOOM related will show up tomorrow, so this is probably not a make or break situation for anyone.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

It seems like they only take action when straight up gameplay is uploaded

The fact that they have not DMCA’d any gameplay footage yet that is still on Youtube should be worth taking note of, they definitley should know about that leak by now

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
It seems like they only take action when straight up gameplay is uploaded

The fact that they have not DMCA’d any gameplay footage yet that is still on Youtube should be worth taking note of, they definitley should know about that leak by now
It honestly could be that they've finally wisened up to the fact that taking down leaks confirms them.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Nintendo straight up said there is nothing.
No, Nintendo said there wouldn't be announcements regarding unreveald fighters. That's completely different and I willing to bet that fatman is right and there will be somthing nice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom