• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

to get off this topic, I've had this question since Oval brought up how she was confident about there being Misc DLC but What all characters besides Geno would fit as Misc DLC?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I would like to point out we made full page worth of posts in less than 30 minutes.

That is the power of the meme ladies and gentlemen.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I'm not super familiar with Roy's combos, but the pragmatic tips I've taught my friend are to use the banana against Diddy (seriously, banana to Roy's side smash will really help), and don't be afraid to play an aggro off stage game. Just a well spaced poke from the tip of your blade off stage will take my stock early (literally like at 20% if the Diddy is recovering from a precarious position off stage). The match-up for you is probably more about proper spacing and a really patient punishment game, like punishing/reading Diddy's flip.

Anywho, I've never had a Geno dream :(
Diddy's off stage game is much easier to play than Roy's since Diddy's recovery is way better. With Roy's recovery (and how often I accidentally use side b or recover the wrong way), you really can't be too aggressive.

D

Deleted member

I would like to point out we made full page worth of posts in less than 30 minutes.

Tell that to the Social thread, I've been there more than here recently and they go zooming by if I go away for an hour they would've made five pages.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
https://twitter.com/sora_sakurai/status/1059958604818657282?lang=en

"SSBU's DLC line-up is now complete." - Sakurai, November 6th. Maybe I'm reading it the wrong way but he flat out said that all the characters on the fighter pass were chosen and finalized on or by November 6th. I don't know when they would of had time to figure out all the stuff you mentioned. None of it makes any sense to me.
The Japanese tweet says "The DLC line-up has already been decided". No words used that could translate to "now".
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1059958552452911105

It's possible to speculate that the relationship between Sakurai and Atlus or even the negotiation for Joker was started from here.
Sakurai as Sora Ltd. sending flowers to PERSONA SUPER LIVE P-SOUND BOMB !!!! 2017.
https://twitter.com/p_kouhou/status/892656612246040576

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I wonder when this thread is going to catch up to the Isaac thread in post amount.

D

Deleted member

Nah I understand, just meming. I've had that Ninten pic saved for like three months and it was just begging to be used.

I don't like the theory, like at all. I just like memes.

Nah both the memes and the theory are the death of me

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
to get off this topic, I've had this question since Oval brought up how she was confident about there being Misc DLC but What all characters besides Geno would fit as Misc DLC?
Well besides Ninten I think these characters would be pretty cool.
Proto_Man_Profile.png dcul1fp-426831e5-3afe-4c2c-be2f-5f98b1d34856.png ad9120ba13407b9d9cce9e45c08dc8058bcffe4a_00.jpg

Added Claus here because I'm 99.9% sure he doesn't have a chance in the fighter pass which saddens me, but I can dream.

PurpleGiraffesMeow

Smash Rookie
How about Mach Rider? Not quite mainstream enough for the dlc pack but still enough of a classic to be dlc on their own?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Brian(Quest 64). Mostly cause I couldn't see him having a remote chance otherwise.
Any Echo as is.
Assist Trophies(these I could see being free, though).
Any upgraded AT like Shadow, Isaac, Ashley, etc.
Lip(Panel de Pon) and other upgraded Costumes.

Ingenious!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2810-4113-1684
Switch FC
SW 8436 9508 1692
You know, seeing @Ovaltine's icon has made me think of an interesting question for everyone. What would be your perfect icon picture(Because trust me, that Geno holding a duck pick is perfect)? I guess mine would just be Ruby wearing Geno inspired clothing.
Guess that would be like a model of Candyman form Lethal League Blaze wearing Geno´s outfit and colors for me!
CandyMan because and because apparently Blaze is coming to the switch someday (I have such a bias i am so sorry) And Hat Kid or Shantae (or both) because it needs to happen..one day... and octolings/echos ok ill stop

(Oh and Ive been at chucky cheese the entire day btw to celebrate a friends 18th birthday. (also the pizza guy animatronic kept looking our way and we were so creeped out) we won a chunky tsum tsum chucky plush, it was great)

D

Deleted member

How about Mach Rider? Not quite mainstream enough for the dlc pack but still enough of a classic to be dlc on their own?
Yes please. I would laugh and be happy if this actually happened cause he'd be another Grinch leak Survivor! I will root for them all to get in eventually just to say "Oh hey! The Grinch was real! just not at the right time.."

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yes please. I would laugh and be happy if this actually happened cause he'd be another Grinch leak Survivor! I will root for them all to get in eventually just to say "Oh hey! The Grinch was real! just not at the right time.."
Mach Rider is the only thing I will ever thank the Grinch Leak for, as it was the perfect fuel from me to realize how great of a character she is.

And yes, Mach Rider is very likely a girl. Heck, this is an officially licensed poster.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Mach Rider is the only thing I will ever thank the Grinch Leak for, as it was the perfect fuel from me to realize how great of a character she is.

And yes, Mach Rider is very likely a girl. Heck, this is an officially licensed poster.
I thought that she was an Neon Genesis Evangelion character for a sec.

I really need to go to bed.

PurpleGiraffesMeow

Smash Rookie

If we dont get this as an alt a la ZSS then what's even the point (alright a bit toned down obviously but still lol)

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Smash 6 is Ultimate, silly. I'm glad he's working on something he likes, not what he doesn't like. When you enjoy doing something, you'll live a happier life and die with a good taste in everyone's mouth. This is why steak taste delicious, because cows live a happy life and die in peace.

I'm absolutely sure there will be more, especially after stage 108's slot, because stage 109's slot is empty and that could be used as a button to go to another page for more stages. I hope to see more stages, because we only got seven new stages and I honestly think Ridley, King K. Rool, and Incineroar should've gotten their own stages. I made this (it's not real) back in October to fool with my friend and I thought I'd share it with you guys. I don't know what stage Ridley would have, but I think there should've been a Gangplank Galleon stage and Alola Pokémon League stage. From left to right: Gangplank Galleon, Alola Pokémon League, Vista Hill, Poké Floats, and uh... we'll call that last one "space". But yeah, that's all 108 stages if the DLC were here, and there's one more slot for like another stage, button, or a second stage selection screen; this honestly just gives me the feeling that there will be more after the 5 DLC characters, whether it's Stage Builder or a second stage selection screen for more DLC content.

Seeing both Poke Floats and Vista Hill on the Ultimate SSS made me so happy before being sad that this isn't real. :(
You know, seeing @Ovaltine's icon has made me think of an interesting question for everyone. What would be your perfect icon picture(Because trust me, that Geno holding a duck pick is perfect)? I guess mine would just be Ruby wearing Geno inspired clothing.
You're looking at it, my guy.

You mean to tell me those fantastic abs were painted on this whole time? Nah, I refuse to believe that, poster be damned.

D

Deleted member

Seeing both Poke Floats and Vista Hill on the Ultimate SSS made me so happy before being sad that this isn't real. :(

You're looking at it, my guy.

You mean to tell me those fantastic abs were painted on this whole time? Nah, I refuse to believe that, poster be damned.
Mach Rider is just an incredibly buff woman okay? this is 2019. Respect the abs. /s

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Uh-oh, I just realized we won't be getting any FF7 remake content if it's only focused on PlayStation. :(
Just because Sony pulled out doesn't mean Square will. Square had its own conference over the years to show off their content and Sony not being there this year is not gonna stop them this year from showing off anything FFVII Remake related. Buddy Guy back at E3 2015 said "first on playstation" (paraphrasing) back when the teaser was first revealed which kind of implies it might also be on X-Box shortly after it's released. Square will still show off anything they want to regardless of the presence of a console manufacturer they're putting their game onto.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Just because Sony pulled out doesn't mean Square will. Square had its own conference over the years to show off their content and Sony not being there this year is not gonna stop them this year from showing off anything FFVII Remake related. Buddy Guy back at E3 2015 said "first on playstation" (paraphrasing) back when the teaser was first revealed which kind of implies it might also be on X-Box shortly after it's released. Square will still show off anything they want to regardless of the presence of a console manufacturer they're putting their game onto.
I actually typed that first before I typed the rest at the top of my comment. Sorry, I forgot to delete that part of my comment. :/

D

Deleted member

I actually typed that first before I typed the rest at the top of my comment. Sorry, I forgot to delete that part of my comment. :/
Hey now, you have nothing to be sorry for! My hype boner for the remake has been raging real bad lately and I take any opportunity to jump in and talk about it if mentioned haha. I've already done it a couple of times in the Square thread and I tend to come off as a bit intense so that's my bad amigo! =)

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Hey now, you have nothing to be sorry for! My hype boner for the remake has been raging real bad lately and I take any opportunity to jump in and talk about it if mentioned haha. I've already done it a couple of times in the Square thread and I tend to come off as a bit intense so that's my bad amigo! =)
That's okay, thank you for catching my mistake. I don't remember if I played FF7 or not all those years ago (If I remember correctly, I did play a FF game on my PS years ago but forgot which one it was), but I do plan on getting it for my Switch to complete it, and then I'm going to get the remake for my Xbox One. How about you, will you get it for PS4? I haven't had a PlayStation console since the PS2, and I don't have a PS4. If it's true that the FF7 remake comes for the Xbox a little bit later, I don't mind waiting. :)
That just sounds like a great picture in general.
Yes it is, and thank you! It's also symbolization. It could go both ways:

From Sakurai's perspective of the handshake, in a way of saying: "Welcome to Smash, Geno! Enjoy your stay and I shall treat you like an honored guest! After all, you are here to please your fans, supporters, and the community! Thank you for bringing your uniqueness to the table." :)

From Geno's perspective of the handshake, in a way of saying: "Mr. Sakurai, thank you for bringing me back into the spotlight and reviving the franchise my fans and others have wanted for decades. We couldn't have done it without you and the fans, sir." **Hugs Sakurai**

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
TheCJBrine TheCJBrine how could you do this to us
I don’t even know what mine is, so I guess just tint it blue?
You know, I wonder when this thread is going to catch up to the Isaac thread in post amount.
Probably soon with all this sansposting.

D

Deleted member

Huntress Wizard wearing a Wario hat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom