• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckMeat

Smash Rookie
Forgot about that! If Sony is out of the E3 picture, that makes it more likely for a lot of new Nintendo SE announcements! :) Unless does Square have a notable relationship with Microsoft?
I really have no idea what Sony's thinking. As someone whose biggest selling points at E3 are a)goofy racing and fighting games and b)version exclusives, skipping out on an opportunity to show off new PS4 exclusives is the equivalent of Sony shooting themselves in the foot with a tank turret.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I really have no idea what Sony's thinking. As someone whose biggest selling points at E3 are a)goofy racing and fighting games and b)version exclusives, skipping out on an opportunity to show off new PS4 exclusives is the equivalent of Sony shooting themselves in the foot with a tank turret.
E3 is expensive. Perhaps they don't have any games to show at E3 now that they can't flaunt Spider Man and God of War anymore.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Quoting Ovaltine Ovaltine 's post from the SE thread here.

What's interesting is that Sony will not be at E3 this year, and I feel like the majority of the SE games have to do with Sony, so it'll be interesting to see how this plays out
In my opinion, that's a good thing. Well, the FF7 remake should be coming to the Xbox One, but I think Square would rather reveal that content on Sony's side; however, because the FF7 remake is supposed to be coming this year, I am expecting Square to reveal the release date of the remake at E3 and show us more gameplay and content of it in the Microsoft/Xbox area, and I also have a feeling it'll be revealed and coming for the Switch at E3.
Forgot about that! If Sony is out of the E3 picture, that makes it more likely for a lot of new Nintendo SE announcements! :) Unless does Square have a notable relationship with Microsoft?
Yeah, they do have a good relationship with Microsoft. If Sony's out, Square would knock on Microsoft's door, and if Microsoft's out... heh, you know what that means!...
Square: "So now that Sony and Microsoft are out, all that's left is− Oh no, our old science partner from Elementary school... Nintendo."

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
In my opinion, that's a good thing. Well, the FF7 remake should be coming to the Xbox One, but I think Square would rather reveal that content on Sony's side; however, because the FF7 remake is supposed to be coming this year, I am expecting Square to reveal the release date of the remake at E3 and show us more gameplay and content of it in the Microsoft/Xbox area, and I also have a feeling it'll be revealed and coming for the Switch at E3.

Uh-oh, I just realized we won't be getting any FF7 remake content if it's only focused on PlayStation. :( But yeah, they do have a relationship with Microsoft. If Sony's out, Square would knock on Microsoft's door, and if Microsoft's out... heh, you know what that means!
Square: "So now that Sony and Microsoft are out, all that's left is− Oh no, our old science partner from Elementary school... Nintendo."
I imagine they could show up at both the Nintendo and Microsoft press conference. Didn't they have their own conference last year?

D

Deleted member

Uh-oh, I just realized we won't be getting any FF7 remake content if it's only focused on PlayStation. :( But yeah, they do have a relationship with Microsoft. If Sony's out, Square would knock on Microsoft's door, and if Microsoft's out... heh, you know what that means!
Nintendo: "Heh, Square, ya little money-hogging ****, let us combine our powers and remake Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars."
Square: "B-but, we want to make more anime gam-"
Nintendo: "No, we do this now, and for real. And add Geno to Smash or else!"

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I imagine they could show up at both the Nintendo and Microsoft press conference. Didn't they have their own conference last year?
Yeah, I think they did. Well, it's settled, Square is either holding Microsoft's hand or Nintendo's hand... or they could hold both of their hands. Wow, I didn't realize they even had a press conference... I guess I was too busy to care about Square Enix because SMASH ULTIMATE!!!! Sorry, I got carried away.

DuckMeat

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I think they did. Well, it's settled, Square is either holding Microsoft's hand or Nintendo's hand... or they could hold both of their hands. Wow, I didn't realize they even had a press conference... I guess I was too busy to care about Square Enix because SMASH ULTIMATE!!!! Sorry, I got carried away.
>Dragon Quest 11 S
>2 more FF ports, possibly more to come
>Oninaki, a new ip slated as an exclusive

All they need is Kingdom Hearts ports and they've effectively picked a side.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
>Dragon Quest 11 S

It's honestly hilarious that Nintendo and Square are basically becoming really good buddies again. Look at all the stuff they're putting on the Switch now, including FF7, which is a real gut-buster, given FF7 on a cartridge was the final straw in the 64 days.

DuckMeat

Smash Rookie
It's honestly hilarious that Nintendo and Square are basically becoming really good buddies again. Look at all the stuff they're putting on the Switch now, including FF7, which is a real gut-buster, given FF7 on a cartridge was the final straw in the 64 days.
Seeing the floodgates open for 3rd party content on the Switch is honestly such a relief after seeing Nintendo drag their feet with it for every console era since the 64. Looking back at stuff like the Capcom 5 it's amazing that we even got stuff like Assassins Creed 3 and Hellblade in the last Direct.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
'ey, I just realized... that 7 hint Nomura made... Legend of the Seven Stars...

It's happening.

... I know, I can dream. That dream I had last night made me really sad. :drsad:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Man, you guys and your crazy Geno dreams. I usually have dreams about a dark void (ie, nothing) or going to work.

Except that one time I dreamed about a mysterious Nintendo reveal. It was dark and creepy, with Inception-esque horns blaring every couple of seconds. The shadows were lifted to reveal a crown with blonde hair and horns. Yup, I dreamed Nintendo was hinting at making Bowsette a real thing.

I woke up with my heart pounding, for some reason.
I, too, am jealous. While you lucky ******** are having dreams about Geno being in Smash, I'm either having nightmares about paranormal beings or the world ending. I swear, every time I wake up from a nightmare about the world ending, I literally hug my dogs, call my loved ones, and hug strangers off the street. I really need to snap out of stress and depression, because they've got to be the powerhouses running my bad dreams around here.
You know what would be very ironic? If FF7 on the Switch comes with a physical copy.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
There was a seven hint?
Nomura:

Keyword: 7

Thoughts: Various presentations to be released.

Kitase:

Keyword: Long-awaited!

Thoughts: Development on Final Fantasy 7 Remake is progressing smoothly! I would like to try hard to meet the expectations of fans.

Source.
Sniped from Resetera. That was in December, and people were correlating it to this.

Maybe the 7 is separate from Kitase's statement and means SMRPG's return! Ha! Ha! kill me

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Sniped from Resetera. That was in December, and people were correlating it to this.

Maybe the 7 is separate from Kitase's statement and means SMRPG's return! Ha! Ha! kill me
Probably means nothing, but I've learned that sometimes the stupid garbage ends up meaning something in the end.

It's a crazy world we live in Duck friend.

DuckMeat

Smash Rookie
Probably means nothing, but I've learned that sometimes the stupid garbage ends up meaning something in the end.

It's a crazy world we live in Duck friend.
ngl, I would have called bull**** on anyone who told me we'd get Xbox Live on the Switch and that Sony would pull out E3. I've never felt so much like we're seeing the start of a new era for gaming history.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
>Dragon Quest 11 S

Disney kind of decides where Kingdom Hearts goes when being put on another system, so SE can't really "pick" that side. It's not exactly their game to do that.

That said, SE clearly has become buddy with Nintendo and it's great~

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, seeing Ovaltine Ovaltine 's icon has made me think of an interesting question for everyone. What would be your perfect icon picture(Because trust me, that Geno holding a duck pick is perfect)? I guess mine would just be Ruby wearing Geno inspired clothing.

DuckMeat

Smash Rookie
You know, seeing Ovaltine Ovaltine 's icon has made me think of an interesting question for everyone. What would be your perfect icon picture(Because trust me, that Geno holding a duck pick is perfect)? I guess mine would just be Ruby wearing Geno inspired clothing.
It's a tradition of mine to make every pfp i have on each of my online accounts some cursed dog picture, so i guess something along the lines of grinning chihuahua with an MSPaint Geno outfit.

D

Deleted member

Duster Dressed up in a bigger sized version of Geno's clothes while flashing a smile and doing a peace sign.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Probably my griffin oc wearing Ness's/Ninten's hat gesturing fuzzy pickles to the camera.

I should make that a thing now...

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
Least fun characters to play against (updated):
1) Diddy Kong
2) Diddy Kong
3) Diddy Kong
4) Diddy Kong
5) Diddy Kong

I just lost 700,000 GSP to a Diddy Kong over the course of several matches. He vastly outclassed me, and he's probably the worst matchup against Roy. You can't combo because he's too short so my sword misses every time, he has combos you literally can't escape from, and he always keeps you in the air so he can just punish everything you do with bananas or grabs or whatever.
Yeah, as a Diddy Main, I typically feel pretty solid against non-projectile swordsman. It's a tough match-up for sure. My good friend mains Roy and hates playing Diddy too haha

D

Deleted member

Mine would be this pfp I have, but instead of Gieugue, the star spirit that possesses the Geno doll

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
I would love to have Geno breakdancing while Diddy blasts hip hop from his DKC2 boombox

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Yeah, as a Diddy Main, I typically feel pretty solid against non-projectile swordsman. It's a tough match-up for sure. My good friend mains Roy and hates playing Diddy too haha
You literally cannot hit Diddy as Roy. Your best bet for simultaneous hits would be a side b which doesn't even count as a combo. Maybe if he's up close a neutral attack to forward tilt and maybe short hop forward air if Diddy doesn't air dodge.

Back to Geno, someone mentioned a few pages back about Nintendo re-releasing the Mii costume for Ultimate, but in a surprise twist, Geno is also revealed as a playable character. Honestly that'd be a great reveal and maybe even the best reveal to go with if no SMRPG remake/sequel is in the works.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
You literally cannot hit Diddy as Roy. Your best bet for simultaneous hits would be a side b which doesn't even count as a combo. Maybe if he's up close a neutral attack to forward tilt and maybe short hop forward air if Diddy doesn't air dodge.

Back to Geno, someone mentioned a few pages back about Nintendo re-releasing the Mii costume for Ultimate, but in a surprise twist, Geno is also revealed as a playable character. Honestly that'd be a great reveal and maybe even the best reveal to go with if no SMRPG remake/sequel is in the works.
Yeah, that was the dream I had last night, so you probably mean my post. Waking up from that was so rough, and I just wanted to go back to sleep. I was so excited and ready to drop the money on him as soon as he was available, bouncing in my seat and so thrilled to finally see my boy return after over twenty years.

I hadn't felt excited about Smash like that in months... and it had to be in a dream. Figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom