• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizby2

Smash Lord
Many years ago, a bunch of smash fans entertained the idea that a small puppet with arm cannons, possessed by a star spirit, in an old 90's jrpg, could make it into a smash game as a playable character.

fast forward to now.. and theres freaking GENO MERCH, GENO MODS, FAN MADE MUSIC, SMRPG ROM HACKS... GENO EVERYTHING!

What you guys have been fighting for over decades is now boiling down into one concentrated dose of hype and anticipation. the speculation season is coming to a close, and all will be unveiled.

I'm sure the anticipation is killing us all! but there's nothing to do but wait, and time in running out of ammo my friends. 14 hours from now, we press the attack! the circle of truth had entangled us all from the very start.

"Heavens net casts wide, and though its course, NONE slip through."
-Yoshimitsu

LET'S GO!!!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
There are comics?

They involve Waluigi trying to get him and Isaac into Smash. He winds up choosing Geno as a mascot for the pair. It's a fun series that Stoic's been doing for Inktober. He posts them regularly on his Twitter account: https://twitter.com/Stoic_Miiverse using the hashtag "Super Camleot Bros."

This is the latest (and maybe the last) one. With Geno as a Luma and Isaac as Lloyd as they Trick or Treat.

Last edited:

Duck$mash

Smash Cadet
That art style is so good looking, and those comics are great. xD

SO HYPED FOR THIS DIRECT, and EVERYONE should be too. Geno's coming!
And good luck to our visitors from other threads. I'm hoping for everyone! The anticipation and love is real.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Not sure if this is a stupid question but what do you guys mean when you use the word "camelot" when referring to Geno and Issac?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Not sure if this is a stupid question but what do you guys mean when you use the word "camelot" when referring to Geno and Issac?
Specifically it refers to Camelot Software Planning, the developers behind many Mario Sports games and Golden Sun. They created Isaac and Waluigi. Geno just kind of got grouped in as another buddy (using Waluigi’s logic above). The more the merrier. RPG Bros.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
One last good luck before the final day!

Send all your wishes to the star road! Wish as hard as you can!

Your wishes not only decide the fate of Geno, but the hopes and dreams of all characters - especially if you believe in the Grinch leak.

Leak could be real, leak could be fake. But with our wishes combined, perhaps we can will his return

When I wake up, it'll be time

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I wish, tonight, at this moment in time, that Mr. Sakurai blesses us with our biggest wish that is the Starsend Savior, Geno, gets added into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate being revealed in the Smash Ultimate Direct come morning, and that his return is forever permanent.

This waiting game has been a pain. I'm honestly so happy I chose to support Geno with y'all throughout my first hype cycle. It's been truly an amazing time. I've figured out close to nothing why people want him, to figuring out every single reason all of y'all want him.

K. Rool is here, Ridley is here.
it's finally time the trinity is complete, and he's in.

He's coming.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Good luck to everybody! Everyone worked so hard to support Geno for so many years, it is time that he finally joins Smash Bros. Sakurai, I hope Geno is in!

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Greetings from the Banjo-Kazooie support thread! Here's hoping the Grinch leak is real and we get Geno and Banjo in this Direct!
And even if either one or both don't show up tomorrow, there's always DLC... Remember to keep the hope alive, guys!

TheStarlightsFlower

Smash Rookie
Please let tomorrow (or should I say later today?) be the day that Geno is finally confirmed for Smash, and hopefully begin his journey into becoming a more regular character in the Mario universe; I would love to play as him in Mario Kart or Mario Party, or even in a SMRPG remake or sequel, or even his own game . . .

It's been twenty-two plus years since he was last playable, It's time for him to return, especially with how much he's loved . . . To see him in HD (and maybe hear his voice if he has one), hear new mixes of his songs, maybe see Mallow and/or others from SMRPG as assists . . . That would be amazing . . .

I'm extremely hyped for this direct, but I still feel slightly nervous from being let down in the past. Hopefully this time Geno will be in; his odds have never been better . . . Even if he's not announced tomorrow, there's the chance for DLC, and knowing Nintendo I wouldn't be surprised if there is one more general direct before the game's launch to promote their games for the holiday season, and maybe they'll slip in one last bit of Smash news at the very end . . .

Here's to hoping that the stars are aligned in Geno's favor! And to those visiting, may your Smash wishes come true as well!

(PS Those Super Camelot Bros comics are adorable; I love how Geno is their "mascot" and makes cameos throughout the series!)

Geno Boost

Smash Master
ITS ABOUT TIME!!!

i made this back in 2015 before even Ryu made into smash or gets leaked but i just wanted to show it again because our wish is about to get granted!

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Good luck Star Kids! You guys are pretty much a lock for Ultimate so I look forward to seeing your character give Smash Bros a whirl!

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Tried my best, but it looks like this night is going on without sleep.

It's been such a long, grueling ride. I've been around the Geno speculation for over 10 years, and I can't believe that it could come to an end in mere hours. All the support, the hate, the rumors, the leaks. The fanbase. Everything has led up to this moment, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
The only way to go now is forward.

test.png

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Less than 6 hours to go. For me, this all goes back to 1996 and renting SMRPG from Blockbuster. I believe I rented it 3 or 4 times in just a matter of months despite beating it. This made it a really easy decision for my parents to get it for me for Christmas. Frosted window panes and Christmas dreams. I was 8 then. I'm now 30. I was 12 when I sent my first letter to Nintendo asking for Geno to be in Smash. I was 18 when I launched Operation: Star of Heaven and helped found the Geno Alliance. I was 26 when I saved a dying kitten in exchange for SSB4 Wii U and named him Geno. SMRPG and Geno have been a part of me most of my life.

In 22 years, a lot has happened. Like all of us, I grew up. I went to college. I got two degrees. I met the love of my life and got married. I've welcomed and said goodbye to so many friends, family, and pets. I've watched the seasons change and have experienced so much. In short, like all of you, I've lived my life. I'm now fully immersed in adulthood with its appointments and taxes and dead end jobs but Geno, that unchanging aspect of my childhood, has always stayed with me. So, as we approach the final hours, I want to make a virtual toast...

Here's to childhood dreams. Here's to Christmas mornings and playground games. Here's to things that never grow old even if we do. Here's to hope beyond reason and dreams that never die. Here's to an unshakable fanbase and all of you who I've come to know over the years. Here's to the future that's unknown, the present that's immenent, and the various pasts that's brought us all here today. To all of you, thank you, and let's see this through to the end.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Just coming here to send my wishes and luck on your way Geno-bros! It's beyond incredible how just far you've come, and are almost touching the stars. The wait's been probably very agonizing as you've fought against ton and ton of odds - may such dedication finally echo back to you in best way possible.
It did once, after all.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Today it might finally be the day, guys. Good luck to all us! It's been an amazing Smash speculation cycle whatever happens today.

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
Guys, it's happening in a few hours.
It has been a very intense cycle, and I'm glad I met such cool and respectful people, especially considering how the smash community is often aggressive and mean. It's been an honor to ride this train with you.

Now it's almost time for the final battle, for the last piece, let's keep strong and we are all going to laugh or cry together. This is it!
PACK IT UP GUYS, it's time for us to meet our forgotten friend and fulfill our last wish! #Geno4Smash

Asxin

Smash Rookie
Brfore the last direct come out, I just want to say: I am not an old supporter, I couldn't feel the pain like you guys do over these years. To be honest, I couldn't even imagine it__ how can you guys make it this far, how can you guys bear it while those haters are laughing at you, how can you guys are still support him, after years and years of dissapointment?...

I was so shocked by your guys' courage, I feel touched. The spirit you guys have there is the biggest reason that I didn't give up because of the haters and trollers. This place is a cool place, and you people are a bunch of awesome people. It's really a honor to be with you guys in these few months!

Hopefully we could see our beloved star saviour again after the last adventure! Also, thank you so much for adding me into the supportlist!

Last edited:

Kooj Kooj

Smash Cadet
It's a couple hours away now...

I've been wishing all day and all night. I even put on my Geno t-shirt this morning (hidden under other, more work-appropriate clothing) to help the case.

It's been wonderful to share the pre-release excitement with all you folk! I hope our wishes come true. If not I'm gonna have to go fix that damn Star Road again...

Unfortunately I won't be here to celebrate when or if the time comes today, I won't be able to watch the direct at work. As a result, I won't see all the hype for another 12 hours. So... I'll see y'all then, and hopefully you'll have some good news to share with me!

Stay frosty Genobros!

7NATOR

Smash Master
From the Shadow Threads, Stay looking to the stars for Geno, hopefully you see him as playable this time. Good luck

TBone06

Smash Ace
Just finished my latest run of Super Mario RPG and our boy Geno had the final blow on Smithy. Lets hope this is a good sign for things to come today. Good luck everyone! Hopefully our wishes finally come true.

All Hail Me

Sarge
Hopping in from the skull kid thread! I just want to say good luck to you all and I hope you guys get your wish for geno. Never have I played Super Mario RPG, but even 20 years later he has such a dedicated fan base.

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
just a couple of hours away from knowing our star bois fate.... the wait is so painful, and since i'll be at work i'll miss it until later, but if he does get in i'm going to be SO PUMPED!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
This is it, everyone. Remember that we basically have the Smash equivalent of God's blessing going into this.

Let's get this show on the road.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom