• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kero!

Smash Cadet
Most wanted: Ya boy Geno
Second most wanted: Porky
Most wanted echos: Masked Man over Lucas or Louie over Olimar
Meme: Etika

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I forgot what the meme choices were, lol. I forgot what I voted for.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Most wanted: Geno
Second Most Wanted: Skull Kid
Most Wanted Echo: Dixie
Meme: Wurmple

Suggested question: Does Bruno Mars is gay?

gebi

Cloud Prince
Yo i was just looking at the updated version of the smash ultimate artwork and Mii Brawler and Sword Fighter are next to each other but Gunner is separate. There seems to be room if they moved her to the right for Geno to be there and be facing her holding his gun arm out too. It doesn't really prove anything and i think its silly to look at the artwork for spaces and stuff as evidence but its something i just thought about and wanted to share

EDIT: My bad i was quite vague, i am referring to the long artwork that was shown at the E3 Direct and then showed again at the end of the smash direct when they added the newly announced characters in.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Yo i was just looking at the updated version of the smash ultimate artwork and Mii Brawler and Sword Fighter are next to each other but Gunner is separate. There seems to be room if they moved her to the right for Geno to be there and be facing her holding his gun arm out too. It doesn't really prove anything and i think its silly to look at the artwork for spaces and stuff as evidence but its something i just thought about and wanted to share
Where are you seeing this?

EDIT: Oh the ARTWORK, not the site, okay.

Last edited:

gebi

Cloud Prince

yeah sorry i was quite vague haha. :)

Can you see it too or am i going insane hahaha.
Like she even looks like shes focusing the shot as she has one eye closed. Like shes in a gun war with the boy. She kind of looks like shes looking forward though but that could just be because of how simple and weird the Mii's eyes look

It may be very difficult to do that(Since we have a lot to say when it comes to evidence and theories), but it would get the point across very well. At the end of the day, we just need one picture, document, or whatever that we can cite as us putting all our cards on the table.
i support this am i am pretty new here and could use a catch up.

also i voted:
Most Wanted: Geno (of course)
Second Most Wanted: Skull Kid
Most Wanted Echo: Shadow
Meme: Sans

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
I also did wonder how well did the Geno Costume sell. Matter of fact all of them im quite curious. However, that is data i doubt we will ever receive. To keep this conversation going along who would like to get cameos if a SMRPG were to happen?
For me a few characters. Im all about the bad guys.
Axem Rangers
Queen Valentina & Dodo
Yardovich
Boomer
Bellom
Mack
Smithy (1st form)
i know there is alot more but these stand out mostly.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
I also did wonder how well did the Geno Costume sell. Matter of fact all of them im quite curious. However, that is data i doubt we will ever receive. To keep this conversation going along who would like to get cameos if a SMRPG were to happen?
Axem Rangers
Queen Valentina & Dodo
Yardovich
Boomer
Bellom
Mack
Smithy (1st form)
Croco, man. He's cool.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Axem Rangers
Queen Valentina & Dodo
Yardovich
Boomer
Bellom
Mack
Smithy (1st form)
I'd love for a SMRPG stage to have
Smithy 1st form
Yaridovich
Mack
Bowyer
Booster
Croco
Jinx
a gang of Terrapins
Exor
The Axem Rangers

edit: Oh and Culex. Need the music too.

Last edited:

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
It wasn't RIGHT after I found the pic again and shared it across smashboards, was it?

Because that'd be crazy.
So you actually saw & read the note? If so, it would appear as if it was deleted recently.

gebi

Cloud Prince
So you actually saw & read the note? If so, it would appear as if it was deleted recently.
wait so the art was uploaded in 2015 with the caption but only recently when it was found again and shared around smashboards it was deleted?

-Coco-

Smash Ace
wait so the art was uploaded in 2015 with the caption but only recently when it was found again and shared around smashboards it was deleted?
Nah you can still read the note. But if you try to click on it, it says it was deleted. You can see that in the image I posted.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm actually pretty sure I didn't find a direct link to the picture, just a link to the artist. I think someone in the thread talked about the caption

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Guys, people have been pointing out that there isn’t a square assist trophy...

What if it’s mallow?
I would not be shocked. Is there any FF7 characters who have a high assist trophy chance? I would think Tifa is most likely when it comes to FF7.

domriver

Smash Lord
Guys, people have been pointing out that there isn’t a square assist trophy...

What if it’s mallow?
Wouldn't be surprised if that is what they are waiting for. Would be nice. Guess its a matter of waiting till next direct which is what? October? Early November?
its only been a week and im already waiting for the next direct! lol

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
I would not be shocked. Is there any FF7 characters who have a high assist trophy chance? I would think Tifa is most likely when it comes to FF7.
Kinda keep wondering why there aren't any FF1, FF4, or FF6 assist trophies showing up since they were on the NES and SNES. Kain, Terra, Locke, Cecil, the Red Wings, Kefka, Golbez, Black Mage, White Mage, Chaos, Ninja, Tiamat.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kinda keep wondering why there aren't any FF1, FF4, or FF6 assist trophies showing up since they were on the NES and SNES. Kain, Terra, Locke, Cecil, the Red Wings, Kefka, Golbez, Black Mage, White Mage, Chaos, Ninja, Tiamat.
Probably because the Final Fantasy that's in Smash specifically says "Final Fantasy 7" and not just "Final Fantasy". They specify 7

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Probably because the Final Fantasy that's in Smash specifically says "Final Fantasy 7" and not just "Final Fantasy". They specify 7
Oh right. I forgot about that. Shame they didn't just go with "Final Fantasy." Course then again, that let's us avoid the risk XIII references, but I just personally never liked XIII.

TBone06

Smash Ace
I can definitely see a Chocobo assist trophy. It’s generic Final Fantasy, and they already have a costume.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Most Wanted Newcomer: Geno
Second Newcomer: Skull Kid
Echo: Dixie

It's a mix of SNES, N64 and WiiU/Switch love for the Smash roster.

I'd like either Mallow to be part of the final smash or an assist trophy. If not, Croco would be a fun assist trophy throwing bombs and charging at the fighters.

Lastly, stage wise I am first thinking the Forest Maze with Bowyer as the "stage hazard" that disables buttons. To keep it simple, he disables either A, B or shield/dodge/roll. That would make things interesting. That would compliment Geno as the new fighter's stage.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Which is still just so stupid to me. Like we get it, 7 is bar none the most popular, I love it too. But what purpose do we have in limiting a series of games to a single entry? Obviously Cloud is probably the only full-fledged FF Fighter we'll get in Smash, but come on, let's get SOMETHING from another game. Even just a trophy.

I would have liked to hope Ultimate would change that, but no, it still specifies it is 7 and only 7. FF is such a rich series with so much to pull from outside of 7. Duuuumb.

And if it is only 7, then why is the series logo not the Meteor or something? Why give it the general FF tag if it's only 7?

Last edited:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Oh boy... I had already voted on that survey prior to seeing it pop up in this thread. I'll explain my reasoning for my choices afterward. xD

Most Wanted: Shantae
Not my favorite but needs some love: Ashley
Most wanted Echo: Dixie
Meme: Goku

---

If the survey asked, "Who is your second most wanted?" I would have put Geno. As it stands right now, Shantae just barely edges out Geno as my most wanted and part of that reason is because she's so unlikely. In fact, I barely even post in the Shantae thread since I don't want to get my hopes up that she actually has a shot at playable. I think she's so unlikely that I'd be happy with her showing up in the game in any form. If they brought stickers back she could be a sticker and that would be enough for me! xD

After 12 years of supporting Geno, you tend to gravitate towards some new blood at some point. Keep in mind though, Geno is still a very close second for me. I'm still going to lose my freaking mind when he gets revealed, no matter how confident I am that he's actually here. As it stands, those two are my absolute most wanted and then there's a drop-off and Ashley is my third most wanted. Someone I would get excited for but would still be more excited for others in regards to.

Then after that, there's a huge drop-off and I barely care about other characters, just fanbases. Basically, practically everything I want is already in the game. Which is nice in itself.~

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
You know what guys? We've been wrong. How dare any of us not vote unanimously for this glorious hero.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

EDIT: My bad i was quite vague, i am referring to the long artwork that was shown at the E3 Direct and then showed again at the end of the smash direct when they added the newly announced characters in.
There is enough room for a fighter there. But if it was Geno he'd have an awfully small piece of artwork on the banner

domriver

Smash Lord
Most Wanted Newcomer: Geno
Second Newcomer: Skull Kid
Echo: Dixie

It's a mix of SNES, N64 and WiiU/Switch love for the Smash roster.

I'd like either Mallow to be part of the final smash or an assist trophy. If not, Croco would be a fun assist trophy throwing bombs and charging at the fighters.

Lastly, stage wise I am first thinking the Forest Maze with Bowyer as the "stage hazard" that disables buttons. To keep it simple, he disables either A, B or shield/dodge/roll. That would make things interesting. That would compliment Geno as the new fighter's stage.
Now that sounds like it would be fun. lol Disable jumping xD

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If the survey asked, "Who is your second most wanted?" I would have put Geno. As it stands right now, Shantae just barely edges out Geno as my most wanted and part of that reason is because she's so unlikely. In fact, I barely even post in the Shantae thread since I don't want to get my hopes up that she actually has a shot at playable. I think she's so unlikely that I'd be happy with her showing up in the game in any form. If they brought stickers back she could be a sticker and that would be enough for me! xD
I can understand not wanting to get hype, but you should really think about posting for the characters you want, even if they are unlikely. It brings more attention to them, it gets ideas turning, and even if they are not in this game, your actions will add something to further support. Plus, with the whole SK assist trophy thing, her chances have never looked better! Don't fear supporting your number one. The supporters of Ridley, K.Rool, and even the people here for Geno are evidence of that.

domriver

Smash Lord
I can understand not wanting to get hype, but you should really think about posting for the characters you want, even if they are unlikely. It brings more attention to them, it gets ideas turning, and even if they are not in this game, your actions will add something to further support. Plus, with the whole SK assist trophy thing, her chances have never looked better! Don't fear supporting your number one. The supporters of Ridley, K.Rool, and even the people here for Geno are evidence of that.
I agree with this. For myself my 3 main requests are/were
Ridley, King K Rool, and Geno.
Sakurai has confirmed 2 out of 3. I am very hopeful for Geno.

As for other characters that I thought would be interesting just to name some are
Madam Broodal ( Mario Odyssey)
Mayu and Mio ( Fatal Frame 2 )
Marina Liteyear (Mischief Makers)
Zero ( MegaMan) - Deconfirmed :(
Joe and Mac ( Joe and Mac )
Vile ( MegaMan X)
Sigma (MegaMan X)

there a few more but those are just some that I thought would be very interesting to see as fighters.
Madam Broodal is the newest one. I think she be a great heavy weight character with her Chain Chomp! It could work jejejej

Last edited:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Oh nah, I intend to participate in (probably) the near future but I'm currently tempering my expectations. The depth of Shantae's moveset potential and the quirkiness of her series can end up sucking you into all the possibilities if she were to get into the game, and it makes it that much more disappointing when it doesn't come to fruition. Ashley is a notch lower than Shantae and Geno for me but seeing her as an assist still stung a bit. Quite a bit more than I expected, in fact (though it was moreso that I was upset on behalf of her fanbase as I had grown rather fond and close to them).

On the other hand, Shantae and Geno have had direct impacts on me personally. They're both characters I genuinely love and have a deeper connection to. Characters I would absolutely love to see receive more games and get more attention. But they both also have glaring issues that are significant roadblocks to their futures. Business complexities that are outside of our hands (Shantae's status as an indie; Geno's status as a Square property).

That's not to say I won't support them every way I can. I absolutely will! But... I'm also a realist and I have every intention of checking myself. I'm already very happy that Shantae has gotten so much traction in terms of campaigning during the Sm4sh days. I feel like it gave her a bit more visibility.

At least if Geno gets into Ultimate, there's hope for an SMRPG remake or sequel. And Shantae will no doubt continue receiving new games (though I would like for them to be even bigger and better; that means they need a larger budget!). So things are fairly optimistic on my end.

At least, if Shantae can get an Assist Trophy it would work wonders for her series.~

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh nah, I intend to participate in (probably) the near future but I'm currently tempering my expectations. The depth of Shantae's moveset potential and the quirkiness of her series can end up sucking you into all the possibilities if she were to get into the game, and it makes it that much more disappointing when it doesn't come to fruition. Ashley is a notch lower than Shantae and Geno for me but seeing her as an assist still stung a bit. Quite a bit more than I expected, in fact (though it was moreso that I was upset on behalf of her fanbase as I had grown rather fond and close to them).

On the other hand, Shantae and Geno have had direct impacts on me personally. They're both characters I genuinely love and have a deeper connection to. Characters I would absolutely love to see receive more games and get more attention. But they both also have glaring issues that are significant roadblocks to their futures. Business complexities that are outside of our hands (Shantae's status as an indie; Geno's status as a Square property).

That's not to say I won't support them every way I can. I absolutely will! But... I'm also a realist and I have every intention of checking myself. I'm already very happy that Shantae has gotten so much traction in terms of campaigning during the Sm4sh days. I feel like it gave her a bit more visibility.

At least if Geno gets into Ultimate, there's hope for an SMRPG remake or sequel. And Shantae will no doubt continue receiving new games (though I would like for them to be even bigger and better; that means they need a larger budget!). So things are fairly optimistic on my end.

At least, if Shantae can get an Assist Trophy it would work wonders for her series.~
I'd like to see an enhanced remake

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Guys I need to remind you of something

The roster was finalized for ultimate in 2016

And the talk was in 2015 so could have easily ben about if square would let geno in smash ultimate or not but could have ben about the costume

We don't know

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

And the talk was in 2015 so could have easily ben about if square would let geno in smash ultimate or not but could have ben about the costume

We don't know
Also if that many people at Nintendo knew about the character since 2015 it'd have been leaked by now

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

We don't know
Ultimate's Roster was finalized in December of 2015, literally right after the Ballot Direct, what are you talking about?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ultimate's Roster was finalized in December of 2015, literally right after the Ballot Direct, what are you talking about?
The talk was still before it was finalized though but yes thank you for correcting it was in December of 2015

Only 3 months away actually

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom