• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
I'd say Geno is important enough to be revealed in a Direct, buuuttttttttttt.....

If they didn't reveal him in a direct I would be just as excited.
I'd honestly love it if they didn't reveal him, and I Just played the game and unlocked him (and somehow didn't get it spoiled before hand).

Last edited:

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
I'd honestly love it if they didn't reveal him, and I Just played the game and unlocked him (and somehow didn't get it spoiled before hand).
That would make me pull my hair out in the best way possible. Seeing newcomers get revealed before the game and not seeing Geno would put all of us on edge, but if he shows up in the game...

I'd probably be able to power a small county for a few days with my energy.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, I just noticed that the Isaac thread has part of their title called "Rise(s) Again" like is in this title.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The one thing that seems odd to me about hiding Geno specifically is that when you get down to it, he is a third-party. No matter how niche that third party may be, you would want to show it off.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
The one thing that seems odd to me about hiding Geno specifically is that when you get down to it, he is a third-party. No matter how niche that third party may be, you would want to show it off.
Especially considering that Sakurai looked like he was excited to show Ridley off even going so far as to say that Ridley's "standing up" taunt was his favorite taunt in the game. It screamed, "Look! Look! We figured out how to get him in even though he's so big and awkward!" Like he was celebrating they actually managed to figure out how to program him.

I get the feeling any long time fan requested character is going to feel really special to him and he'd want to show it off immediately.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
here is a question if Geno gets into smash do you think we would get mii costumes of other SMRPG characters?
the thing about SMRPG characters is that most of them are not human shaped characters so i dont think most of them could work as a mii costume but if i had to think then the best option because of the body shape would be:
:4miibrawl:: Booster, Jinx
:4miisword:: Boomer, Mack
:4miigun:: Geno again

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
here is a question if Geno gets into smash do you think we would get mii costumes of other SMRPG characters?
the thing about SMRPG characters is that most of them are not human shaped characters so i dont think most of them could work as a mii costume but if i had to think then the best option because of the body shape would be:
:4miibrawl:: Booster, Jinx
:4miisword:: Boomer, Mack
:4miigun:: Geno again
This brings up something I never even thought about; even if Geno is a character, that Mii Costume is almost definitely in the game if Mii costumes still exist. So, would you consider it for or against us if the Geno Mii costume was shown off on something like the daily updates before any character reveals happen?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This brings up something I never even thought about; even if Geno is a character, that Mii Costume is almost definitely in the game if Mii costumes still exist. So, would you consider it for or against us if the Geno Mii costume was shown off on something like the daily updates before any character reveals happen?
I'd say neutral; if all Mii costumes return, that would mean we'd have an Inkling costume even though Inklings are on the roster, not to mention the Mii costumes for fighters who were already playable as of Smash for Wii U.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
I'd say neutral; if all Mii costumes return, that would mean we'd have an Inkling costume even though Inklings are on the roster, not to mention the Mii costumes for fighters who were already playable as of Smash for Wii U.
The difference between them is that there are already fighters that have been revealed that correlate to those costumes. If Geno was shown off as a Mii Costume before he was shown as a character, it would put me off just a tad, but then again, Sakurai has been known to pull legs.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, I bought your shirt

I've been in this for Geno so long, I was like "Eh, sure"

I also added the Link to the OP in case others want to get it

Last edited:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I’ll be honest, I’ve never player Super Mario RPG. I’m just not a fan of RPGs in general, but I’m sure this character has potential. It’d be cool to see him in Smash, but if he gets in I’d also want Captain Toad. That way we can fill in the main stay Mario characters, then add a few important, but more one time characters to the roster.

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Just a quick reminder of the Mario Aces/Smash Ultimate thing tomorrow night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT-DmdaLH_Q We may see Geno, Ashley, or possibly even both here
you know I don't think this is really gonna be anything big. as much as I want it to be Geno's big reveal. I think if they were gonna show something they would make a point to advertise it more. but hey I'm still up for seeing more gameplay! hopefully I'll see some more Ridley footage.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Yeah I think if they're going to reveal something it'd be during an event thats bigger or international. I can't see them announcing anything after a tournament being advertised in only 1 country :0

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yeah I think if they're going to reveal something it'd be during an event thats bigger or international. I can't see them announcing anything after a tournament being advertised in only 1 country :0
Didn't they reveal Shulk in a Japanese exclusive event?

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
so question, why is the code names leak being given so much attention. Trying to decipher code names is fun and all. but does that leaker even have any past predictions that give them credit at all?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
so question, why is the code names leak being given so much attention. Trying to decipher code names is fun and all. but does that leaker even have any past predictions that give them credit at all?
I think it's just because how many fans are happy about the leak. IDK

It doesn't seem any more credible than the rest.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Didn't they reveal Shulk in a Japanese exclusive event?
They did! Then they just released the reveal video in English right after, with no particular buildup that I am aware of, at least not like Robin's trailer.

It is at least possible something could happen here. But will it be Geno if so?

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
They did! Then they just released the reveal video in English right after, with no particular buildup that I am aware of, at least not like Robin's trailer.

maybe being it's a more low key pick for the general audience. also doesn't Geno have support both in Japan and America?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
maybe being it's a more low key pick for the general audience. also doesn't Geno have support both in Japan and America?
Yeah, it's US and Japan. Just not very much in Europe.

Edit: There totally would be if they got the game

Last edited:

Takasmash

Smash Ace
If Sakurai could get Geno in smash will he make Super Mario RPG remake and a sequel whenever Sqaure gives up SMRPG rights.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
If Sakurai could get Geno in smash will he make Super Mario RPG remake and a sequel whenever Sqaure gives up SMRPG rights.
if they were to go back to the Mario RPG world I'd think they would do it with Square. I mean Octopath Traveler was a switch exclusive. so who knows???

but I don't see it really happening even if Geno is in. at most I see them trying to get the rights to Geno and making use of him in future games

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage

Oh how could I forget?? HMMMMM okay maybe I'm a lil excited, don't want to get my hopes up though.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
that thing is happening soon. they have been running what looks like old commercials. the nintendo switch click noise was driving me crazy with my mind hoping a smash Geno reveal would follow every one of them xD

EDIT: well looks like they have shown one new thing. nothing smash related just that they are making an adapter that lets you charge your switch while still being able to play on it while on the go.
they are talking alot but I don't know Japanese so I'm just assuming they are explaining tournament rules

They are starting first with the smash event it turns out.

EDIT AGAIN: Smash is already over (at least as far as I can tell) and now it's Mario Tennis. unless Geno is also coming to mario Tennis I don't see it happening today xD although people are still playing smash. are they just going back and forth with what they are streaming maybe?

Last edited:

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Looks like a big NOTHING BURGER. Looks like it's just Mario Tennis now, doubt they'd do a character reveal now. Hopefully we'll hear something by the 22nd, and if not then the leak was a lie and we don't have to be tortured by it anymore.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I never really thought Geno had a great chance to get in smash in the previous games, but right now I'm starting to believe he might make it, so I support! I'm also going to start playing Mario RPG because I want to get just as hype as everyone else when he gets revealed. He deserves to become a fully fledged fighter after so many years of requests!

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Okay actually smash is still going. they are just doing a weird tag team between smash and mario Tennis xD
who does an event like this?!

EDIT: Oh I know who does! JAPAN! :p;)

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
On the voice actor topic, Geno needs to say “I serve... a higher authority” for a victory quote or taunt, so we’d need a voice actor.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
so this event really is just a straight half in half of smash bros and mario Tennis. honestly it would be kinda awesome if both games got a character reveal and it was the same character in each xD

I know I'm letting my hopes get a bit too high. but it would be amusing to see!
just imagine Geno playing Tennis ;)

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
so this event really is just a straight half in half of smash bros and mario Tennis. honestly it would be kinda awesome if both games got a character reveal and it was the same character in each xD

I know I'm letting my hopes get a bit too high. but it would be amusing to see!
It does seem oddly specific that these two games be paired up...a joint character reveal marketing gimmick could be at play here. If so, it can only be a character that could be in a Mario Tennis game.

Which COULD be Geno. But I'd put my money on K. Rool and/or Dixie. Geno seems way too big of a reveal for this.

Honestly, I just want any kind of new info out of this, lol...

Edit: also of note is that the Smash Blog has not yet updated. They could be waiting on the tournament thing to end. Or it could just be another super late update, lol. Still, so long as it hasn't updated, the possibility exists.

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Edit: also of note is that the Smash Blog has not yet updated. They could be waiting on the tournament thing to end. Or it could just be another super late update, lol. Still, so long as it hasn't updated, the possibility exists.
doesn't the blog not update on weekends?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I thought the update was Pichu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom