• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klimax

Smash Ace
I was wondering how do you find out if somebody faked or photoshop a picture. Apparently the guy on 4chan is making multiple accounts with the same name. I just want to know the proof of how those pictures of karate Joe are unable to be debunked. Cuz the leaker is also claiming Geno is in. But I don't know if it's the same person someone is making an account with his name and posting fake information
It's just too easy to make convenient leaks with RH character. If the guy who made the Agnes leak just used RH character, everyone would be like "Chorus Kids are in".
In my opinion, no RH character is playable.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Fake direct leaks need to stop. We need the direct to happen to kill them.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Look at the Karate Joe's support thread, they think that this is fake.

Now he's claiming he'll do a stream of it in 10~ minutes. At least if it's fake we'll know very soon.
He didn't stream. People asked for specific pictures and he posted it, but the same thing happened with the Agnes' leak and these people were just friends of the leaker.

In one of the pictures, Karate Joe seems to not cast any shadow on the ground; other 2 pictures have Karate Joe with his feet covered by the camera angle and the platform; in the picture with Kirby, the belt has a strange prespective and seems applied.
I agree with that.

Also, if the guy can take pictures that people asked for, it means that he has some liberty, so, why are the pictures so ugly ? I could take much better pictures with my phone.
That's fake in my opinion.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Geno is getting rerated in the RTC, come show your support. A reminder that for your scores to count you must post at least two sentences of reasoning for score.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I don't think I was around when Geno was rated the first time, but I made sure to put in my two cent's this time around. He's the only character (that hasn't been announced/disconfirmed yet) whose odds I have been consistently optimistic in. Even with Isabelle, I wavered somewhat for a few seconds, but never Geno. I'll buy a hat and eat it if Geno isn't in, I'm so confident in his odds.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
No matter how confident I am that Geno is in this game, I will still lose my freaking mind if I see him announced.

I can't wait for these 12+ years of catharsis to be lifted off my chest.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Geno is getting rerated in the RTC, come show your support. A reminder that for your scores to count you must post at least two sentences of reasoning for score.
I have done my service to the cause! would have done 100% chance to get in. but don't believe anything is guaranteed until I have the game in my hands or official sources have said he is in. but still think he's happening so gave him a 99%. he's 100% wanted obviously. I won't ask for anything else if Geno gets in and will even be happy with any other reveals now how wonky they might be. heck I'll give you your Gokus and your steves. If Geno gets in I won't care.

Makko Slade

Smash Rookie
I love to see Geno in smash. I was also thinking if Nintendo didnt want to creat a whole brand new character our favorite Star would fit as a MegaMan Echo Fighter.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I love to see Geno in smash. I was also thinking if Nintendo didnt want to creat a whole brand new character our favorite Star would fit as a MegaMan Echo Fighter.
I don't see it, honestly. The leaf shield, for instance just doesn't line up with any of geno's moves, nor the crash bomb, nor the rush coil, or quite a few of his smashes and air attacks.

Dynamic Worlok

But Geno as a Mii Gunner Echo, THAT I could see! /s
I don't even see that. Where do we get moves like geno boost and geno blast? Even Geno whirl and Geno beam are a BIIIIG stretch to connect to the mii gunner's moveset.

Makko Slade

Smash Rookie
I don't see it, honestly. The leaf shield, for instance just doesn't line up with any of geno's moves, nor the crash bomb, nor the rush coil, or quite a few of his smashes and air attacks.
Thanks to seeing Chrom it shows us that Echo fighters dont necessarily need to keep the character they're based off of moveset. He could have changes to specials and ariels but still be similar.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Thanks to seeing Chrom it shows us that Echo fighters dont necessarily need to keep the character they're based off of moveset. He could have changes to specials and ariels but still be similar.
Mega Man and Geno are not similar in any way whatsoever other than maybe their height lmao please stop. We’re not getting a third party character from square who echoes a third party character from capcom who aren’t even similar. Geno is not going to be an echo under any circumstance. He’s going to be a unique newcomer or he’s staying a costume

Dynamic Worlok

If you're going to give him more fitting moves anyway, then up to what point does he remain an echo? There's a lot that doesn't fit.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Mega Man and Geno are not similar in any way whatsoever other than maybe their height lmao please stop. We’re not getting a third party character from square who echoes a third party character from capcom who aren’t even similar. Geno is not going to be an echo under any circumstance. He’s going to be a unique newcomer or he’s staying a costume
I think that Geno actually can be froced into a Megaman semiclone, but I'm not sure if it would work well.
It would be much better as an original character anyway.

I want to see more "star magic" and less bullets and guns into his moveset, because we already have other characters for that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think there is going to be any echoes of characters from different franchises

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
With my imagination I can get my Geno Mii fighter to pass off as the real thing. He must have Smash Ball turned in so he can use Geno Beam. But I would appreciate if they just went ahead and made him full on playable.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I love me the hell out of some Super Mario RPG and consider it a childhood favorite of mine, but...y'know, I've never actually used Geno all that much when I've played it. Bowser and Peach were always my partners after they joined. Still, I'd be ecstatic to see one of my favorite games represented through him.

His chances are looking pretty decent, I'd say. Here's hoping. :)

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Honestly, Geno HAS to be an original unique character. Its either that or bust. I think that is the general consensus here.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
With my imagination I can get my Geno Mii fighter to pass off as the real thing. He must have Smash Ball turned in so he can use Geno Beam. But I would appreciate if they just went ahead and made him full on playable.
I know it's a strange idea but what if they would design his appearance properly but make him an echo of a mii gunner?
It'd still make more sense to be a unique full-fledged fighter, but I'm just saying that making echos of the mii fighters isn't necessarily a bad way to go about adding more fighters (as echos).

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Regarding the Bowser music:

Wait ... You are totally right .... very interesting .... I hear it.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Honestly, Geno HAS to be an original unique character. Its either that or bust. I think that is the general consensus here.
Yeah, there's too much hype surrounding the character for him to just end up being a clone.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
There are not going to be be cross-series Echoes.

Do people forget that on the CSS they are placed next to (or on top of) their base character? Do people think the Miis are going to have an Echo slot for Geno? I'm sorry but that's ridiculous.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
There are not going to be be cross-series Echoes.

Do people forget that on the CSS they are placed next to (or on top of) their base character? Do people think the Miis are going to have an Echo slot for Geno? I'm sorry but that's ridiculous.
It'd be better than nothing.

That said, I do think he'll be a unique fither. I just think it's an interesting idea for if they wouldn't want to go all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom