• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Well... He decided to show it I guess lmao.

View attachment 170896
is this seriously the image this guy is trying to use to prove he or someone else made the Geno model we are talking about? okay yeah this guy is full of it. if you were gonna show that you had done it you would show the full art of the new model you made. this is a nobody trying to screw with people.

those two things look NOTHING alike! that is a far leap from a simple model update!

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
is this seriously the image this guy is trying to use to prove he or someone else made the Geno model we are talking about? okay yeah this guy is full of it. if you were gonna show that you had done it you would show the full art of the new model you made. this is a nobody trying to screw with people.

those two things look NOTHING alike! that is a far leap from a simple model update!
Guide to Tempering People's Expectations about a Character Leak:

-Say you have credible people telling you it's not real
-Say you can't disclose their info, so you have no proof
-Provide "evidence" as "proof" that is, in fact, the complete opposite

Not to mention, they would need complete access to that model so they can position it correctly and then photoshop it, or completely redo its polygons.

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I was worried for a hot second. Good thing that guy is an idiot.
well put xD I mean I already thought he sounded real sketchy to begin with. but if he let it sit longer maybe he could have fooled some people for awhile. but he just outed himself with a laughably absurd play.

you know guys with this leak getting so much attention and the rising inevitability of Geno's return we're getting a target on our backs. there will probably be more stuff like this coming where people will be desperate to prove Geno isn't in the game. similar to how they don't wanna believe in incineroar. so just get ready for the storm Genobros

D

Deleted member

Still believe Geno has a huge chance.

Despite this still think he could be in.

cybersai

Smash Ace
And Geno has Sakurai bias going for him, which is a good thing. Sakurai bias is why we have 7 Fire Emblem reps on the cast. Why Dark Pit is a thing. Why we unfortunately only got stuck with two DK characters until Ultimate, or why Ganondorf is still a semi-clone. Why we got the third party characters we got like Simon/Richter, etc.

Sakurai bias works for Geno. What Sakurai bias wants, Sakurai bias gets.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It's quite laughable they think they can prove it's fake with that old Geno model.

Its model's polygons and proportions are different; its nose and ears are bigger, and the rest are obvious. Its collar is the only thing that's similar, and there's still noticeable differences there. Even the actual model the Project M team had planned, that was found when a tournament player selected R.O.B and it loaded the Geno model due to a glitch in the code, is a lot different, and is the same model as Legacy XP.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never believed the picture was real but with all the going ons as of late I can't help but hope. Lol.

I'm invested.

Still have hope even if it is fake. Remember that. We can't let one picture deterre us. We didn't focus too much on it before.

TBone06

Smash Ace

That's a joke right? This guy's clearly trolling.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I never believed the picture was real but with all the going ons as of late I can't help but hope. Lol.

I'm invested.

Still have hope even if it is fake. Remember that. We can't let one picture deterre us. We didn't focus too much on it before.
oh yeah even without this picture Geno's chances are very convincing at this point. If it's fake I'm still pretty certain Geno is gonna be in the game. I just want this model to be real at this point because I love how good it looks!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Palutena leak was convincing but even though it was fake Palutena still got in. A fake leak doesn't effect a character so it shouldn't in people's minds

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Not that I think anyone should base something a leak (even a good image one), but what makes some people think that there's a problem with it?
and Geno has good chances regardless :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not that I think anyone should base something a leak (even a good image one), but what makes some people think that there's a problem with it?
and Geno has good chances regardless :)
Some guy tried to say it's a modified version of an old model but tefuses to release proof.

I don't think he should be taken seriously, but at the same time I don't think people should put their hope on it alone

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
It's quite laughable they think they can prove it's fake with that old Geno model.

Its model's polygons and proportions are different; its nose and ears are bigger, and the rest are obvious. Its collar is the only thing that's similar, and there's still noticeable differences there. Even the actual model the Project M team had planned, that was found when a tournament player selected R.O.B and it loaded the Geno model due to a glitch in the code, is a lot different, and is the same model as Legacy XP.
Not that it matters much at this point, but to correct you, that was a glitch with a mod that was installed. The PM Dev team never had any plans to implement Geno, let alone completed any work on him.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Some guy tried to say it's a modified version of an old model but tefuses to release proof.

I don't think he should be taken seriously, but at the same time I don't think people should put their hope on it alone
True, if he’s not releasing any proof that it actually is a modified version of the old model, then his credibility should be thrown out the window.

In other words, it’s like this GIF with Simba being his credibility :p
CB2F7E6A-4994-4853-ABA4-027F02C07BD4.gif

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583

Honestly, leak or no, I think we're all pretty much certain Geno is in. Or at least, we have the hope and positive energy for this being the case. And I'm thrilled that surprisingly little has dented that positivity. It was really only box theory that slowed us down, but that just seems like a bad memory now. Short of outright disconfirmation, I seriously don't think our good vibes can be stopped.

I'm proud of us, guys.:) c'mon, not much longer, now! Keep up the energy!

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I want that image to be fake. I was hoping for a more natural wood texture on Geno and the model in that image just wouldn't match up with the amount of effort Sakurai and the team have put into updating the other newcomer's designs. I still think he's in, and that image, if fake, is well made, but I definitely think Geno in 2018 could look better.

the corocoro thing is probably just them covering their a$$es. when they showed off the stage section of the menu, it's clear that there was a lot of empty space on the bottom row. they'd probably wanna fill that bad boy up.
also, i've pretty much lost all faith in vergeben. i don't trust leakers often, but i REALLY don't trust leakers that just spew out all of the most popular character picks. smash ultimate's "i'm gonna give the gays everything they want" mentality really helped their case of just looking at popular picks and going "yeah theyre in the game lol." i'm on team "only two characters left", and one of them is gonna be geno.
also, having him only be available as pre-order dlc would be a huge d!ck move. there's no way our mans sakurai would do that to us.
Why the sudden mistrust in Vergeben? He hasn't given us any false information besides the understandable misinterpretation of Isabelle as a POTENTIAL echo, which could have been his source's fault anyway. And Sakurai has made it quite clear that this game is all about fanservice, so the most popular characters are a realistic expectation.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Well... He decided to show it I guess lmao.

View attachment 170896
Maybe it might be my own ideals on how a fake leak takes available resources to be made, but this is honestly one of the worst comparisons I've ever seen. If this is really an edited version of the Project M version, then I'm sure we can get a better comparison than a low-quality image like that one.

Last edited:

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
This may be a stretch, but I think one of the reasons they haven't shown off Yoshi in any demo builds is he has a Boshi skin. I'm counting his absence as a +1 for Geno.

D

Deleted member

Steve was also rumored to be in and a hot topic months back. Does the 103 stage count decomfirm him.

Also we could still get Minecraft content just maybe as an assist trophy or trophy.

Don't think this hurt's Geno's chances though.

Last edited by a moderator:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This may be a stretch, but I think one of the reasons they haven't shown off Yoshi in any demo builds is he has a Boshi skin. I'm counting his absence as a +1 for Geno.
Boshi would more likely be a Echo Fighter than a skin. But even if Geno get's in, his chances would still be extremely low.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I mean, they could have been doing it to hide that Craft World skin. I also agree with R RetrogamerMax that Boshi seems more like an echo than a skin, as well as his chances being low even if Geno gets in.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
I feel like Geno will be in the Mario series instead of his own.

While Wario, Yoshi, and DK have their own logo, keep in mind that they were the face of their own series. They are the main characters of their respected series. Heck
they are so important that their series has their own names! Wario Ware, Yoshi's Island and Donkey Kong Country are examples of this.

Geno is not, he is a major character, but he is NOT a main lead of SMRPG. That goes to Mario.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

While Wario, Yoshi, and DK have their own logo, keep in mind that they were the face of their own series. They are the main characters of their respected series.

Wario Ware, Yoshi's Island and Donkey Kong Country are examples because their names were on the title meaning that they are the main characters of their respective franchises.

Geno is not, he is a major character, but he is NOT a main lead of SMRPG. That goes to Mario.
In that, i can agree, but I feel as if Square is gonna want some way to draw a legal line in saying what belongs to them and what belongs to Nintendo. Sure, they are still getting another rep, but they could fear that people would not recognize the fact they own the character, mainly business sort of people who don't know games.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583

While Wario, Yoshi, and DK have their own logo, keep in mind that they were the face of their own series. They are the main characters of their respected series.

Wario Ware, Yoshi's Island and Donkey Kong Country are examples because their names were on the title meaning that they are the main characters of their respective franchises.

That is a fair point. I do have to wonder about Luigi and Luigi's Mansion by that logic, though...

But that's a topic for a different thread, lol. Geno will probably have the mushroom.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Geno is a 3rd party character that is owned by Square-Enix, so I'm sure he would be represented as a Mario RPG character whether than a Mario character. I mean, if you go back and look at his trailer for his Mii costume back in Smash 4, you'll see when they show the cross over sign, they show off the Mario RPG logo instead of the Mario series logo.

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Geno is a 3rd party character that is owned by Square-Enix, so I'm sure he would be represented as a Mario RPG character whether than a Mario character. I mean, if you go back and look at his trailer for his Mii costume back in Smash 4, you'll see when they show the cross over sign, they show off the Mario RPG logo instead of the Mario series logo.
That is because that is where he is from. Cross over sign is the Smash logo.

Also SMRPG is a spin off game from a Mario franchise, it is not a series. Waluigi is a Mario character despite appearing in multiple spin offs.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I mean, if you go back and look at his trailer for his Mii costume back in Smash 4, you'll see when they show the cross over sign, they show off the Mario RPG logo instead of the Mario series logo.
I completely forgot about that! That means Smash itself see's SMRPG as a third party series, and not apart of a first party series.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
You're forgetting the Geno mii costume used the Mario series icon. edit: apparently I was wrong, I thought I remembered this being brought up before.

Square probably only cares about getting paid.

Last edited:

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman

While Wario, Yoshi, and DK have their own logo, keep in mind that they were the face of their own series. They are the main characters of their respected series. Heck
they are so important that their series has their own names! Wario Ware, Yoshi's Island and Donkey Kong Country are examples of this.

This makes the most sense. The fact that Geno is a third party character is just Squaresoft being goblins and doing nothing with and refusing to give what is fundamentally a Mario character. Geno is as much of a Mario character as any of the partners that appear in the Paper Mario series, or any original characters that appear in those series of that matter.
I don't see why we could be given a unique icon - this discussion only ever came up during the music theory because everyone was afraid that the music theory technically deconfirmed Geno but now that theory is completely baseless so????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom