• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Megadoomer is right. At least two character reveals have been the standard for E3 since Melee. The only year this didn't happen was 2007 because Sakurai just revealed the characters on the Smash Dojo himself.
That is true. I think I was ruling out E3 since thats the biggest presentation of the year so I hold it to different standards. But I forgot about corrin and Bayo being shown together as DLC

LADS

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
It goes to 99 if you throw in Hero's ALTs because they're all technically separate characters (Luminary, Erdrick, Solo, and Eight).
yes but they are called in the game as simple “Hero”, so we don’t really know if Smash team count them separately or not. I know its a bit tedious to discuss something like this because at the end, it may have no relevance.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
While there's multiple fighter spirits of certain alts, officially, the number of characters goes more by a literal Number. Echoes are like a spin-off number, but still count.

So right now we have multiple Echoes, being 6, we would be at 87 full characters when it comes to programming(I'm counting the upcoming DLC characters). Alts are just costume slots. To reach 100, I'd argue we'd need 13 more separate playable slot characters, not simply costumes.

If you add in alts being different characters, it's a bit bigger. 99, though I think somebody mentioned that before. I don't think they're intending to end on 100 thanks to alts specifically. More than likely, they'd be doing Echoes along with a 3rd Pass or something to finish the roster at that number. Otherwise they couldn't have more than one unique alt-character at best. That sounds hyper limiting at that point.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
yes but they are called in the game as simple “Hero”, so we don’t really know if Smash team count them separately or not. I know its a bit tedious to discuss something like this because at the end, it may have no relevance.
They probably do. They were all shown in Hero's cinematic trailer, they all have separate voice clips in the game, and Sakurai went into full detail about all of them in Hero's presentation. They all each even have two music tracks for themselves too. This all said, they actually have the most detail of any ALTs in the game.

Firox

Smash Master
@TerminalMontage Alright, found 'em.
- Mallow cameo at 0:28, as Mario is BLJing through Peach's Castle and into Bowser in the Dark World, an image of Mallow can be seen in the bottom left on the wall beneath the Star Door.
View attachment 261900
- Geno cameo at 1:19, as Mario smashes through the Star Door leading towards the third floor of the castle, the Bob-Omb Battlefield painting to the left will briefly change into an image of Geno.
View attachment 261901
On a totally random note, I laughed hysterically at the part during the Yoshi's island video when Burt the Bashful drops his pants like a perv and gets arrested. I think it's funny how I played that game as a kid and never realized that Yoshi had to battle a Mario equivalent of Mr. Herbert from Family Guy.

OffBi

Smash Ace
It's like they are mocking us at this point

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Using my super credible accurate insider abilities I have gained, I will now claim that a Thursday Direct will be announced tomorrow.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's like they are mocking us at this point
Im legit enjoying this pff

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
We should do something for E3. It's E3 2020 and there's a decent chance of Geno's reveal so it's honestly kind of a once in a lifetime thing. I talked about it last year but I like the idea of raising money to send Papagenos and Terminal Montage to E3. I have no clue where either of them live but, given the size of our fanbase, we could probably Bernie Sanders it pretty easily.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
We should do something for E3. It's E3 2020 and there's a decent chance of Geno's reveal so it's honestly kind of a once in a lifetime thing. I talked about it last year but I like the idea of raising money to send Papagenos and Terminal Montage to E3. I have no clue where either of them live but, given the size of our fanbase, we could probably Bernie Sanders it pretty easily.
While I respect the notion, E3 is not what it used to be. Sony has pulled out for another year, which makes two years in a row, and attendance has apparently been dwindling so there are lots of talks about changing what E3 is on a fundamental level. AngryJoe goes into better details about it, but honestly, I would hate to send people I love and respect to E3 under those pretenses.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
While I respect the notion, E3 is not what it used to be. Sony has pulled out for another year, which makes two years in a row, and attendance has apparently been dwindling so there are lots of talks about changing what E3 is on a fundamental level. AngryJoe goes into better details about it, but honestly, I would hate to send people I love and respect to E3 under those pretenses.
Yeah... Yeah... I dunno. I would like to do something. I'm really impressed with what Operation: Starfall has done and we technically have four months so something wouldn't have to be determined right this second anyways.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
well, you better hope to god and be 100% confident that Geno will show up because if you send them and he doesnt show up, oof, its gonna blow up in everyones faces

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Using my super credible accurate insider abilities I have gained, I will now claim that a Thursday Direct will be announced tomorrow.
Just want to say while this is probably a joke, Mandy did say yesterday that they were up against a bunch of believers who believe that the Direct will happen on Thursday. So Maybe the Thursday believers will be right where Mandy was wrong. Just wanted to say.

domriver

Smash Lord

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Guys, what will happen if there is no Direct announced tomorrow? What will we think of that?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
idk bout yall but i got better things to worry about then some direct
Yeah, I know, it was just a question. While I have more important things, I do feel Nintendo is purposely trying to toy with us by continually delaying the Direct, or at least the leakers. That is likely not true, but I can't help but feel that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone but you. :p

Seriously, how is your day good?
Your right, it isn't good. My cat has a massive tumor and my mom is massively losing weight like crazy and trying to go to doctor's to see why - while at the same time trying to transition to a new job because the company she works for is closing it's doors in the summer. Also, I have this crush on a girl that works across the street from my job and I haven't really talked to her much but I don't really think I have the courage for rejection even though I want to try and give her a valentine this week.

But thanks for asking

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Your right, it isn't good. My cat has a massive tumor and my mom is massively losing weight like crazy and trying to go to doctor's to see why - while at the same time trying to transition to a new job because the company she works for is closing it's doors in the summer. Also, I have this crush on a girl that works across the street from my job and I haven't really talked to her much but I don't really think I have the courage for rejection even though I want to try and give her a valentine this week.

But thanks for asking
No problem. Sorry you are going through all that, though.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
They probably do. They were all shown in Hero's cinematic trailer, they all have separate voice clips in the game, and Sakurai went into full detail about all of them in Hero's presentation. They all each even have two music tracks for themselves too. This all said, they actually have the most detail of any ALTs in the game.
They are considered different in the boxing ring stage. Different "nicknames" so I can see them calling them separate characters.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, you get to take what you can in life to make you happy. It's always a constant struggle.

But now I have a Squirtle in Sword and Shield, which I didn't even know you could have. And he's my favorite

Turtlar

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry to hear about your mom and your cat man. I hope things start getting better for you.

Also, I have this crush on a girl that works across the street from my job and I haven't really talked to her much but I don't really think I have the courage for rejection even though I want to try and give her a valentine this week.
Take the plunge and do it. Worst case scenario, you are rejected by someone you barely talk to. Best case scenario, who knows man, I took a similar risk 5 years ago and now we're tying the knot. You have potentially everything to gain and almost nothing to lose.

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
They are considered different in the boxing ring stage. Different "nicknames" so I can see them calling them separate characters.
Just check out that and Wii Fit Trainer has two different names in the boxing ring stage depending if you choose female or male. So that would give us the final count of characters as 100 if we include the future FP2. lol

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Yeah, I know, it was just a question. While I have more important things, I do feel Nintendo is purposely trying to toy with us by continually delaying the Direct, or at least the leakers. That is likely not true, but I can't help but feel that.
I feel like something is holding them back, something internaly that they cant really control

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Ok ok, now that we've established that I'm a super credible insider, it's time I cryptically predict the next fighter in Smash.
clears throat
If any of you guys are stressed about Smash speculation, just remember star gazing is a good way to keep your spirits up!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just check out that and Wii Fit Trainer has two different names in the boxing ring stage depending if you choose female or male. So that would give us the final count of characters as 100 if we include the future FP2. lol
Isn't Wii Fit Trainer the only male/female one to do so?

Also, I forgot, doesn't Alph have a unique title?

Firox

Smash Master

But thanks for asking
Just do it, dude. Give that girl a Valentine. Life's too short to regret the paths not taken. It doesn't have to be anything over the top. Just a box of candy, or maybe a single rose. Something that says, "Yeah, I'm here and I'm interested". After that, it's her move.

QQS

Smash Lord
Just do it, dude. Give that girl a Valentine. Life's too short to regret the paths not taken. It doesn't have to be anything over the top. Just a box of candy, or maybe a single rose. Something that says, "Yeah, I'm here and I'm interested". After that, it's her move.
I will turn 30 years in July and my humble experience says: “do it.” You dont lose anything and even if you lose, you win. PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom