• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

Freduardo

Smash Champion
My first ballot cast went for Geno today.

Tomorrow's ballot will probably go elsewhere.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I was wondering, if Square enix lets go of Geno, do you think that in exchange SE will tell Nintendo to use one of their characters?

Staarih

Smash Master
I voted for Geno, I feel like a small contribution like that will at least help keep him somewhat relevant, in Sakurai's eyes at least if no one else's haha! Of course, I hope our dedication will pay off in the long run! We need to unite and make this happen:)

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
I think that the voting system doesn't check how many votes you send for 1 character, but rather let's you have 1 vote for all the characters you want to see/support. However, idk what all that 500 or less character explanation will do.

I voted for Geno, Bomberman, Polygons, and Pichu.

Also, when you think about characters that should or should not be in the smash bros series, remember it makes the most sense if that character was or has a toy model after them. (I'm not talking amiibo.) I wonder how more likely Geno is now haha.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I did go to sakurai twitter and I found him saying this https://mobile.twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/583402090862551040
"Note that making new fighters is a huge process so we won’t be able to make that many."
Sakurai said he won't able to make that MANY wich means there gonna be more than 1 character. if Geno got in the top 5 voted character his chances are gonna be huge so we need more supporters, anyone from your friend/family can vote for him

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Hey guys, it's been a while, and I went and voted for Geno as soon as I heard about the DLC voting thing last night. It's nice to see the wind back in everyone's sails.

Does anyone else find it odd that the survey asks for your gender along with which character you want and why? How come your gender is the only personal information they asked for? Why would they bother asking about that at all?

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Hey guys, it's been a while, and I went and voted for Geno as soon as I heard about the DLC voting thing last night. It's nice to see the wind back in everyone's sails.

Does anyone else find it odd that the survey asks for your gender along with which character you want and why? How come your gender is the only personal information they asked for? Why would they bother asking about that at all?
I think the Japanese version of the ballot asks for more personal information. I'm not sure why only the Japanese version.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I did go to sakurai twitter and I found him saying this https://mobile.twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/583402090862551040
"Note that making new fighters is a huge process so we won’t be able to make that many."
Sakurai said he won't able to make that MANY wich means there gonna be more than 1 character. if Geno got in the top 5 voted character his chances are gonna be huge so we need more supporters, anyone from your friend/family can vote for him
This was a given. Considering the poll is being kept open until October, there will likely be 2-4 more characters after Lucas. E3 will probably have another veteran or two shown, meaning that, the other one or two will be newcomers. This being said, Geno would need to be in the Top three to be seriously considered.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I think the Japanese version of the ballot asks for more personal information. I'm not sure why only the Japanese version.
Oddly enough the Spanish page asks for a nickname and age as well as gender. The Australian page also asks for a nickname. That's so weird. Why do they want to know more about people from other countries but not the U.S.?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Oddly enough the Spanish page asks for a nickname and age as well as gender. The Australian page also asks for a nickname. That's so weird. Why do they want to know more about people from other countries but not the U.S.?
It asked for nicknames during the Brawl poll too (which was only open to Japan). The reason for this is that every week Sakurai posted a list of 10 posts from fans as examples. He also commented on some of them. It's been forever since I've referenced it but I believe there were about 200 posts chosen in all to be showcased on the site and Geno was technically referenced the most of any character alongside King Dedede (both had 5 posts about them while one Geno post was technically more about Forest Maze's theme/ a potential stage than Geno himself). To this day, we still don't know why Sakurai chose those posts. It was coincidental that many of most talked about characters wound up becoming playable or ATs but there are still some issues with this including the fact that supposedly most of the cast had been decided before the poll had been issued in the first place. Off the top of my head, (and if I'm not going senile) I think it looked something like this when it came to the top ten most referenced in this "blog":

Geno- 5/4
King Dedede- 5
Ike - 4
Ridley -4
Diddy Kong -4
Krystal- 3
Toon Link- 3
Villager- 3
Olimar- 3
Lucas- 3

Back on topic, the votes will probably be displayed at some point once more requests are taken. If the way Sakurai has done these things in the past in any indication, we'll probably see by the end of the month, coincidentally enough, around the time Mewtwo is released to everyone.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Comrades! I'm psyched to see the Geno hype train back in motion! You're all fighting the good fight, keep up the good work!
You... you're awesome. I've said this before but your animations are great. I wish I knew you back in the day when I did my whole obnoxiously idealistic "Operation: Star of Heaven" thing back in 2006 because I think the campaign would have been much more successful that way.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Is it too early to say that this will be big as the Geno support from the pre-Brawl days?
We'll seeeeeeeeee. I hope so, since it's a ballot open to everyone, the cheers will echo across the west. Old Geno supporters that gave up years ago will come back, people that like Geno and didn't know what to do about it now have a voice.

You... you're awesome. I've said this before but your animations are great. I wish I knew you back in the day when I did my whole obnoxiously idealistic "Operation: Star of Heaven" thing back in 2006 because I think the campaign would have been much more successful that way.
Thank you! Hopefully I can find some time before the ballot ends to whip up a proper Geno animation. And honestly, I think any campaign for Geno pre-2015 would've ended with the same results. There is no way we could've forced him into Smash, but we've done well in keeping his name up and relevant. And now we can make it happen :D

Valand43

Smash Rookie
I really hope he makes it into Smash. Though Sakurai did say that he couldn't add too many "characters". My desperation meaning that characters is plural, and maybe he'll do multiple ballots or take the top 3? I don't know. I'm honestly fine with anything as long as we don't get Dolan Duck.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going to try and make a short little Geno animation but I'm not sure how long it's going to take. I do have school and work

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
I really hope he makes it into Smash. Though Sakurai did say that he couldn't add too many "characters". My desperation meaning that characters is plural, and maybe he'll do multiple ballots or take the top 3? I don't know. I'm honestly fine with anything as long as we don't get Dolan Duck.
They wouldn't make a ballot to just choose one character, there will probably be at least 2 fan favorites. But I'm guessing like 4 will get in, and maybe they'll release them quarterly some time next year.

Solmatter

Smash Cadet
First post! I've been lurking on these forums since the the young days of Melee... but I think now's the time to get in here and show my support for Geno!

domriver

Smash Lord
--
You know its wishful thinking I know but, I would LOVE to have a Bowser's Keep as Geno's stage. On the top of the Keep would be the fighting arena. All textures grey etc... then all of sudden Exor appears striking the middle but not directly at the players though a strong shock wave would be sent out damaging all fighters on the ground. Exor would be like at the center of the arena not far at all from the all the action. He would launch attacks from eyes and mouth as he did in the game. For this particular stage your able to hit Exor only after causing enough damage to 1 eye. Both eyes and his mouth can be damaged so that they can not launch any attacks. Once the eye is damaged and rendered useless ,the skull (Exor) at the top can be attacked. If ignored the eyes and mouth regain strength and everything repeats again. Once Exor is defeated. Exor's mouth piece gets bigger and stays in that position for about duration of time (not sure how long) but, his mouth is open. Smithy can show his face from Exor's mouth and laugh or humiliate the fighters. Maybe Queen Valentina can make an appearance. Then after a bit cameos. Exor disentegrates. Exor reappears after a duration of time and process repeats itself.

All this in HIGH DEF OMG....... :eek::bluejump:

This stage is meant to be hectic not a " walk in a park lets fight with no interruptions." thing. :)

Stage : Bower's Keep
Music : Smithy Fight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8xRPcSgOgU
Boss Fight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQl7wDCKXSM
Weapons Factory http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td0-5DrsQNI
Beware of the Forest Mushrooms http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abDCsQrDLTE
Koopa Battle Fight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZC3xLxkHYA
EDIT: Boss Fight 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up88zQxhKVc

Stage Hazards : Exor
Difficult Status : Hard
Cameos in Stage: Smithy , Axem Rangers , and Queen Valentina & Dodo.

This is just my idea for a Geno stage.

Whats your ideas for a stage? :)

Here you go Nintendo the stage to use for Geno.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, how many people have voted for Geno as of now?

BTW, welcome to the forums, Solmatter.

Last edited:

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
First post! I've been lurking on these forums since the the young days of Melee... but I think now's the time to get in here and show my support for Geno!
Now is the best time to support him! :D

So, how many people have voted for Geno as of now?

BTW, welcome to the forums, Solmatter.
I hope in October they release the results. Or actually.. Maybe they shouldn't. I wouldn't be surprised if the internet got Shrek to be the most voted character, but they ended up using the 3rd or 4th most wanted character because it's actually a video game character.

Last edited:

CF711

Smash Apprentice
I hope in October they release the results. Or actually.. Maybe they shouldn't. I wouldn't be surprised if the internet got Shrek to be the most voted character, but they ended up using the 3rd or 4th most wanted character because it's actually a video game character.
If they release the results they might remove anything that they didn't see as a video game character/Nintendo character.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Already voted. Have my 500 character description saved as well. Is there a limit to how many times we vote per day? The do not keep track of the same ip address do they?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I imagine Geno to be the Piccolo of the Mario Universe

So I'm going to portray him as such

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno's wise, and silent, and he's got a cape

Head canon

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Geno's wise, and silent, and he's got a cape

Head canon
But Piccolo is mean, grumpy and antisocial. Geno was clearly none of those things in SMRPG. I mean, sure, he didn't talk as much in later cutscenes outside of the Forest Maze arc, but he was always pretty genial and kind to everyone in the group. He was kind of douchey to Bowser, sure, but he didn't have any of the antisocial characteristics that Piccolo had. There's a clear personality difference there.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
But Piccolo is mean, grumpy and antisocial. Geno was clearly none of those things in SMRPG. I mean, sure, he didn't talk as much in later cutscenes outside of the Forest Maze arc, but he was always pretty genial and kind to everyone in the group. He was kind of douchey to Bowser, sure, but he didn't have any of the antisocial characteristics that Piccolo had. There's a clear personality difference there.
They were both STOIC though

Neosquid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Slowest_Of_Bros
So, we need to analyze and reproduce the event that caused the (st)army in 2006. What made such a huge following? How do we replicate it? I remember a few things about the Movement. There was a "Who is Geno and why should I support him vid" made that explained his origins and how he'd fight. There were fan vids. and there was a LOT of friendly support and, for lack of better terms, "Missionaries of Geno" that would go from forum to forum and explain/debunk Geno rumors/misconceptions. I think maybe we can jumpstart this ancient force if we act as the catalyst for the original members to come back and assume their roles once again.

Top Bottom