• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
the Troll campaign of that reggie guy got way more signatures (pointless trolling considering the smash team already stopped taking request)

this flop campaign will go nowhere unfortunately. Literally everything ive seen lately pretty much points against Geno's chances.
you can be a real buttler :troll:

Sinn

Smash Lord
I'm wishing that I'd spent more time building social media clout such that I'd have more people to get involved. But I'll do what I can =O

Gotta appreciate all the effort you're putting into this, Kite.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I'm wishing that I'd spent more time building social media clout such that I'd have more people to get involved. But I'll do what I can =O

Gotta appreciate all the effort you're putting into this, Kite.

It's just a bunch of social media pages; I'd have to do this crap for any web development job I get in the future so it's good practice.

I honestly should've just done this in the first place instead of trying to make a website from scratch...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
At this point, I believe it's more important for Geno fans to make a petition for Geno to start re-appearing in Mario series games and spin-offs first... That will put him in essentially the same position as Waluigi. That will provide a good starting point for the fanbase to support him for Smash.

My 2 cents.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
At this point, I believe it's more important for Geno fans to make a petition for Geno to start re-appearing in Mario series games and spin-offs first... That will put him in essentially the same position as Waluigi. That will provide a good starting point for the fanbase to support him for Smash.

My 2 cents.

Either way, we still have to get Square to approach Nintendo about using SMRPG stuff in other games and make sure they know that we want this to happen. The goal of the campaign is to ensure that happens. Square is the gatekeeper; we need to talk them into letting us in. Or Geno out, more accurately.

We're already at almost 10% of the first goal and if we get enough signatures I can crank the petition up to 250 by next week. :D

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Or i could simply be painting a real picture. Geno is a pebble in the Mario (and Nintendo) universe and a third party character. We shouldn't expect much.

We're all aware how low the odds are and what to expect. We still have to keep trying. If the whole world curled up and backed away in the face of impossible odds, we'd all be living in the Stone Age still.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
We're all aware how low the odds are and what to expect. We still have to keep trying. If the whole world curled up and backed away in the face of impossible odds, we'd all be living in the Stone Age still.

well, a resounding 10 signatures isn't going to cut it. You're gonna need to speed it up. This petition is going on a snail's pace. Especially compared to the Reggie one ;)

The lack of fan demand this time around doesn't really help either (the rate their chances thread said it all). I guess people finally woke up and smelled the coffee.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
well, a resounding 10 signatures isn't going to cut it. You're gonna need to speed it up. This petition is going on a snail's pace. Especially compared to the Reggie one ;)

The lack of fan demand this time around doesn't really help either (the rate their chances thread said it all). I guess people finally woke up and smelled the coffee.

Don't worry, we will. Actually, while we're on the subject, PsychoIncarnate, I'm going to PM you. You've been elected, we need your help with this.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord

My 2 cents.
Geno is not the type of character who would make much sense in one of those spin-off games children's party games.

Also making petitions for Geno right now is pretty hopeless. The roster has been decided for about a full year now. If he's in, he's already in and vice-versa.

That being said, I'd poop my pants with happiness if he was in, though I acknowledge his very slim chances. Geno for mother****ing smash

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
No, it should be obvious. Not taking it any further than that or debating anything regarding Geno anymore
Yeah, FalKoopa, it's so obvious, what's wrong with you? How can you not see the plainly obvious reasons why Geno SHOULD NEVER be Mario spin-off games? It's so obvious! It's staring you right in the face!

No, I'm not going to tell you, it's too obvious. I'm never going to say anything about Geno ever again. Instead I am going to live in a cave in Estonia where I shall spend the rest of my life in silent meditation.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Geno is not the type of character who would make much sense in one of those spin-off games children's party games.

Also making petitions for Geno right now is pretty hopeless. The roster has been decided for about a full year now. If he's in, he's already in and vice-versa.

That being said, I'd poop my pants with happiness if he was in, though I acknowledge his very slim chances. Geno for mother****ing smash
You could say that for any character thread on this forum, yes everything has probably been decided but that isn't really going to stop people from talking about it because it would a pretty boring discussion if it all just ended right then and there.

No, it should be obvious. Not taking it any further than that or debating anything regarding Geno anymore
That's not really a debating point, it's more like your avoiding giving any reasoning for your claims. Look I think I'm more likely to die today from a elephant dropping from the sky then Geno being in Smash, but as far as the Mario series is concern, Geno could be in any spin off if SE allowed it really and he really wouldn't be anymore out of place then the random enemies that have been put in as characters in other spin off games. If you want to debate that SE ownership makes this unlikely is one thing, but that doesn't appear to be the point your making.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace

I guess I did a bad job of emphasizing this, so I'll try to explain myself a little more clearly to everyone:

Everybody, DON'T think this is about Smash 4 alone. The point of the campaign is to take down the legal hurdles that are in the way of getting SMRPG content, including Geno, in future games. You've got to keep in mind that there's a bigger picture here than simply the next Smash.

Whether Geno is put in Smash 4 or 5 or in Mario Party or whatever all boils down to whether Square gives permission to Nintendo to do so. And the only way Square's going to consider doing so is if we fans pressure them enough. That's the point of the petition -- each signature is sent to Square execs (I also have the email address of one of them so you can email him directly if you want) and when they see that enough people support Geno's inclusion in Smash, they'll at least consider approaching Nintendo about it.

We also need to show everyone else that widespread support for Geno still exists. This is why signing and sending emails and stuff is crucial even if you think there isn't a snowball's chance in hell of Geno ever showing up in a game again. Whether it ever actually happens or not is tied into our will to support our efforts, and if everyone just sits around and says, "Well, I want him in, but doing something about it is pointless because it'll never happen", then it WILL become pointless and never happen. It'll be a self-fulfilling prophecy. But if others see that the petition is getting signatures, more people will bandwagon on again and get others to sign, and it'll snowball into awesomeness.

The worst that could happen is that you used miniscule caloric energy in clicking your mouse button. :p

So please, sign the petition anyway and send Phil Rogers, the CEO of Square Enix North America, an email and tell him how badly you want Square to let Nintendo put Geno in Smash. And link your Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr to the Thunderclap for goodness's sake!

I'll re-post the petition/social media/email info:

Petition: http://chn.ge/1bbiN00 (I'm using bit.ly links because I'm lazy)

Phil Rogers's Email (CEO of Square-Enix North America): philrogers@square-enix.com

Facebook: http://on.fb.me/13Osw6Z

The Thunderclap! Which needs you: http://bit.ly/16AWpMv

Don't forget to use the hashtag #GenoForSmashBros on Twitter and to tweet @Square_Enix and @Sora_Sakurai!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
WTF do you even care?
This. He seems to get an unusual amount of satisfaction of rubbing Geno's low chances in his fans' faces. I brought up his sociopathic tendencies in the Krystal thread too and how he's largely the Rush Limbaugh of Smashboards always stating "it's only my opinion" when people get on him for persistently swinging it around like a baseball bat.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Yeah, FalKoopa, it's so obvious, what's wrong with you? How can you not see the plainly obvious reasons why Geno SHOULD NEVER be Mario spin-off games? It's so obvious! It's staring you right in the face!

No, I'm not going to tell you, it's too obvious. I'm never going to say anything about Geno ever again. Instead I am going to live in a cave in Estonia where I shall spend the rest of my life in silent meditation.
Is there anywhere I can send cards to your family regarding your unfortunate brain damage?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Is there anywhere I can send cards to your family regarding your unfortunate brain damage?
I'd like to say the same to you. :troll:

Anyway, it's really and truly not obvious. You're the first person I've seen to say such a thing about Geno, it would be obvious if countless people had already said the same thing.

But since you seem to insist on not telling us why you think such a thing and instead decide to just leave like that in what I view as an attempt to make you sound right to yourself, I'm fine. Whatever floats your boat.

FZ64

Smash Journeyman
This. He seems to get an unusual amount of satisfaction of rubbing Geno's low chances in his fans' faces. I brought up his sociopathic tendencies in the Krystal thread too and how he's largely the Rush Limbaugh of Smashboards always stating "it's only my opinion" when people get on him for persistently swinging it around like a baseball bat.

so basically don't feed dem trolls, anyways Fatmanonice, I hear your are well known on miiverse may you do us a favor and post a link of the petition on there?

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
so basically don't feed dem trolls, anyways Fatmanonice, I hear your are well known on miiverse may you do us a favor and post a link of the petition on there?

Someone should make some signature buttons. I'm far too lazy for that **** though. :p

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
No offense but my petition days have long since passed. I thoroughly learned my lesson back in the Brawl days and it's not something I encourage anymore.

Don't give up hope. :( I know things seem grim but just one message on the Miiverse with all of the links isn't really much, and there's a lot more to gain than there is to lose (at most a few minutes of your time). And you're the only one who can help us. I don't think anyone else in the thread has a Wii U or a Miiverse account.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
First and foremost, posting links is a violation of Miiverse rules. Second, I'm banned until next Friday for arguing with a mod. Third, petitions don't do anything. Fourth, the roster has already been decided and I'd prefer for the developers to just do their thing as opposed to telling them what to do. Fifth, Geno can just be hacked into the game if he doesn't make it just like with Brawl. Sixth, I don't like begging and I have little tolerance for it especially when I've already given my answer.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
If you really want this petition to go faster. Post it on 4chan or Reddit. Those places are where the #YouCanDoItSakurai and Reggie petition movements came from i think.

Without a large band of people behind you, its pretty hopeless if you ask me. I think maybe less than 12 people visit this thread on a regular basis. You're gonna need outside help.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
If you really want this petition to go faster. Post it on 4chan or Reddit. Those places are where the #YouCanDoItSakurai and Reggie petition movements came from i think.

Without a large band of people behind you, its pretty hopeless if you ask me. I think maybe less than 12 people visit this thread on a regular basis. You're gonna need outside help.

You know, if you guys would be willing to help upvote a Reddit post, that wouldn't be a bad idea.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
You know, if you guys would be willing to help upvote a Reddit post, that wouldn't be a bad idea.

the thing is, its seems you're the only one here who wants to put any effort into this movement. You need more people who are enthusiastic like you for a thing like this to get anywhere. The rest here don't really like doing much other than saying "i hope he gets in".

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
He wants you to go to 4chan and Reddit... two of the most unforgiving places on the internet to try to start a campaign for a cult classic character. He basically wants you to swan dive into the lion's den just so he can get a cheap laugh when you get torn to shreds. It's honestly not worth it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
He wants you to go to 4chan and Reddit... two of the most unforgiving places on the internet to try to start a campaign for a cult classic character. He basically wants you to swan dive into the lion's den just so he can get a cheap laugh when you get torn to shreds. It's honestly not worth it.

This.

He's honestly leading you on and what more can you expect from some guy with an AmandaBynes avatar?

Dude's a troll. I've yet to see him be positive or nice to anyone of this forum.

Don't take his advice.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
Surely you and I are the only people here who AREN'T brain damaged since we're seemingly the only people aware of the painfully, glaringly, mind-blowingly obvious and self-explanatory reasons why Geno being in a Mario spin-off game is simply ludicrous and impossible? How sad this sudden epidemic of brain damage that only you and I have managed to avoid has occurred, I'm starting to think their conditions are so bad we'll have to explain these disgustingly obvious reasons to them.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
This.

He's honestly leading you on and what more can you expect from some guy with an AmandaBynes avatar?

Dude's a troll. I've yet to see him be positive or nice to anyone of this forum.

Don't take his advice.

Leading him on how? Reddit and 4chan may be a troll valley but heck, they actually got alot of people to tweet sakurai (even though i myself thought the reggie thing was ********)

Even if its not those places. it could be somewhere else. idgaf. I don't see why people want to paint me as a villain all the god damn time.

EDIT: read all the positivity in the Jigglypuff thread if you want.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
This.

Don't take his advice.

Oh. Damn. o_o;

Still though, he IS right that we need outside help. Where do other Smash, SMRPG or Geno fans usually hang out these days? We DO need to bring as many of them back together as we can to get Square to listen.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Oh. Damn. o_o;

Still though, he IS right that we need outside help. Where do other Smash, SMRPG or Geno fans usually hang out these days? We DO need to bring as many of them back together as we can to get Square to listen.

obviously gaming forums in general like Gamefaqs. I don't think there are many big smash sites besides this one but i could be wrong.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just Google different forums and see what comes up. Still, word to the wise, petitions don't work and have never worked. Take a look at this page:

https://www.facebook.com/GetMeOffTheMoon

This has over 100,000 supporters and nothing has come of it, in fact, Capcom has personally turned down the group multiple times. Geno's a great character but it's better to just let sleeping dogs lie.

FZ64

Smash Journeyman
First and foremost, posting links is a violation of Miiverse rules. Second, I'm banned until next Friday for arguing with a mod. Third, petitions don't do anything. Fourth, the roster has already been decided and I'd prefer for the developers to just do their thing as opposed to telling them what to do. Fifth, Geno can just be hacked into the game if he doesn't make it just like with Brawl. Sixth, I don't like begging and I have little tolerance for it especially when I've already given my answer.
ah, sorry to bother you then

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
ah, sorry to bother you then
No, it's fine, but a lot of people don't know my history and how much work I put into Geno support back in the Brawl days. I went to freakin' Kyoto, Japan to try to go to Nintendo's HQ to drop off a 50 page portfolio me and about 9 other Geno fans made in support of Geno in Smash back in July 2006 and was seen as one of the leading Geno supporters across the web for nearly 3 years. Even after all this time, I'm still burned out from those days. It's nothing against any of you, it's just I've done this whole song and dance before and to a much, much larger scale.

Top Bottom