• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Ok, so after taking some time out to have a closer look at the Geno for Brawl movement, including the Geno thread in the Brawl section of these forums, I have some ideas and some honest critiques. Please don't take offense to my words as they're not meant to be harsh or hurtful, just as an honest assessment:

One of the big reasons Geno lost support in the Brawl days was because of a backlash caused by the Geno for Brawl movement itself.

I believe, after some thinking, that the reason why is because the other Smash fans feel as though they have to compete with you guys for attention from Nintendo and, potentially, a spot on the Smash roster. They need to feel assured that this is not a ****ing competition and that the inclusion of Geno is not a threat to the likelihood of their favorite character getting in (particularly because Geno is a Square Enix third party character and thus not directly competing with other first parties anyway). This must be done in these two ways:

Firstly and most importantly, as I said in my last post, focus needs to be taken from the likelihood of Geno making it into a Smash Bros. game and onto what it is that you as a fan want and why. I bring this up because as I see in the Brawl thread, Geno fans were caught in such desperate hope for their character to make it into Brawl that they deluded themselves into thinking Geno'd be in there for sure to the ire of everyone else. Others argued (pretty plausibly) that it wasn't likely that Geno'd make the cut, but instead of listening, fans simply let hope consume them and paid the price for that.

Overexposure to the character and the movement also needs to stop. Geno supporters would swamp other boards with threads supporting his inclusion to the ire of others in the SSBB days. Because of fans constantly harping about why Geno should/would be in the game at every possible moment, people became pissed off and annoyed to the point where they started to hate the character. You all have to understand that despite Geno's popularity, he still remains relatively obscure and if you act obsessive about him you will alienate others around you.

Therefore, this time around, Geno fans need to chill out about it. Support needs to be rebuilt if you want him included in the next game, and that won't happen if you're alienating the people you need to convince by shoving it in their faces and assuring yourselves of a likelihood you cannot predict. This will require subtlety, maturity, humility, and patience.

I -- sort of -- have a plan.

Since the only way to get Geno into a Smash game is to convince Nintendo and Square Enix it'd be a good idea to do so, and the only way to do that is to demonstrate that there's widespread demand for the character, we need to, well... demonstrate that there's widespread demand.

First of all, we need to round up as many Geno supporters that still remain, get their help, and make sure they don't spam other forums about Geno 24/7 like what happened in the Brawl days.

Then it's just a simple matter of getting everybody to appeal to Nintendo and Square Enix (maybe even Alphadream, the people who made Geno work for that company now) in various ways. DON'T do petitions because petitions don't do anything. Letter-writing campaigns are more effective.

I personally propose that we get as many Geno fans together as possible and make a Geno collab... quilt... thing... and send banner-sized copies to Nintendo, Square Enix, Masahiro Sakurai, the people who own the rights to Geno, whomever. Each person can draw a square of a certain size something Geno or Super Mario RPG related that expresses their wish to see Geno be put in Smash Brothers. The squares can all be patched together digitally to make a quilt. Thane fangirls did something similar for their Cure Thane movement and successfully sent theirs to Bioware, there's no reason we couldn't do something like that for Geno.

If it were me running the show I'd honestly make a separate little website for this and have a form people can fill out that would automatically send Nintendo, Square, et al an email from a user that wanted Geno in a Smash Brothers game. It could count the number of signatures/emails/whatever sent, and even have a little map where users could mark their location to emphasize the character's widespread popularity.

I believe these two ideas would work because they will present an emotional appeal to getting Geno in a Smash game which I believe would be a more persuasive tactic. The point of Smash is to celebrate the characters that meant something to us when we were growing up, and we need to show everyone how and why Geno does this for his fanbase.

If my half-baked plan seems kosher to you guys I wouldn't mind helping something like this happen. As I've said I hope you don't take offense to what I said above; I mean no ill will, I'd just like to see the movement succeed.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Ok, so after taking some time out to have a closer look at the Geno for Brawl movement, including the Geno thread in the Brawl section of these forums, I have some ideas and some honest critiques. Please don't take offense to my words as they're not meant to be harsh or hurtful, just as an honest assessment:

One of the big reasons Geno lost support in the Brawl days was because of a backlash caused by the Geno for Brawl movement itself.

I believe, after some thinking, that the reason why is because the other Smash fans feel as though they have to compete with you guys for attention from Nintendo and, potentially, a spot on the Smash roster. They need to feel assured that this is not a ****ing competition and that the inclusion of Geno is not a threat to the likelihood of their favorite character getting in (particularly because Geno is a Square Enix third party character and thus not directly competing with other first parties anyway). This must be done in these two ways:

Firstly and most importantly, as I said in my last post, focus needs to be taken from the likelihood of Geno making it into a Smash Bros. game and onto what it is that you as a fan want and why. I bring this up because as I see in the Brawl thread, Geno fans were caught in such desperate hope for their character to make it into Brawl that they deluded themselves into thinking Geno'd be in there for sure to the ire of everyone else. Others argued (pretty plausibly) that it wasn't likely that Geno'd make the cut, but instead of listening, fans simply let hope consume them and paid the price for that.

Overexposure to the character and the movement also needs to stop. Geno supporters would swamp other boards with threads supporting his inclusion to the ire of others in the SSBB days. Because of fans constantly harping about why Geno should/would be in the game at every possible moment, people became pissed off and annoyed to the point where they started to hate the character. You all have to understand that despite Geno's popularity, he still remains relatively obscure and if you act obsessive about him you will alienate others around you.

Therefore, this time around, Geno fans need to chill out about it. Support needs to be rebuilt if you want him included in the next game, and that won't happen if you're alienating the people you need to convince by shoving it in their faces and assuring yourselves of a likelihood you cannot predict. This will require subtlety, maturity, humility, and patience.

I -- sort of -- have a plan.

Since the only way to get Geno into a Smash game is to convince Nintendo and Square Enix it'd be a good idea to do so, and the only way to do that is to demonstrate that there's widespread demand for the character, we need to, well... demonstrate that there's widespread demand.

First of all, we need to round up as many Geno supporters that still remain, get their help, and make sure they don't spam other forums about Geno 24/7 like what happened in the Brawl days.

Then it's just a simple matter of getting everybody to appeal to Nintendo and Square Enix (maybe even Alphadream, the people who made Geno work for that company now) in various ways. DON'T do petitions because petitions don't do anything. Letter-writing campaigns are more effective.

I personally propose that we get as many Geno fans together as possible and make a Geno collab... quilt... thing... and send banner-sized copies to Nintendo, Square Enix, Masahiro Sakurai, the people who own the rights to Geno, whomever. Each person can draw a square of a certain size something Geno or Super Mario RPG related that expresses their wish to see Geno be put in Smash Brothers. The squares can all be patched together digitally to make a quilt. Thane fangirls did something similar for their Cure Thane movement and successfully sent theirs to Bioware, there's no reason we couldn't do something like that for Geno.

If it were me running the show I'd honestly make a separate little website for this and have a form people can fill out that would automatically send Nintendo, Square, et al an email from a user that wanted Geno in a Smash Brothers game. It could count the number of signatures/emails/whatever sent, and even have a little map where users could mark their location to emphasize the character's widespread popularity.

I believe these two ideas would work because they will present an emotional appeal to getting Geno in a Smash game which I believe would be a more persuasive tactic. The point of Smash is to celebrate the characters that meant something to us when we were growing up, and we need to show everyone how and why Geno does this for his fanbase.

If my half-baked plan seems kosher to you guys I wouldn't mind helping something like this happen. As I've said I hope you don't take offense to what I said above; I mean no ill will, I'd just like to see the movement succeed.
It's obviously too late to make a difference to SSB4 since the roster will be finalised by now.

For SSB5 my biggest fear is that most of the gamers who played SMRPG in their youth will be older and have more important things to concern them than video games.
There just won't be enough Geno fans left by the time SSB5 comes out.

All we can do now is hope that the huge roar we created for Geno 6 years ago was enough for Sakurai to include him in SSB4.
Most of the huge demand we had going probably came after it was too late to include him anyway.

This time with some foresight on Sakurai's behalf, theres a small chance that he may have recognised the huge demand that we showed pre-Brawl and include him in some way or another.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
It's obviously too late to make a difference to SSB4 since the roster will be finalised by now.

For SSB5 my biggest fear is that most of the gamers who played SMRPG in their youth will be older and have more important things to concern them than video games.
There just won't be enough Geno fans left by the time SSB5 comes out.

All we can do now is hope that the huge roar we created for Geno 6 years ago was enough for Sakurai to include him in SSB4.
Most of the huge demand we had going probably came after it was too late to include him anyway.

This time with some foresight on Sakurai's behalf, theres a small chance that he may have recognised the huge demand that we showed pre-Brawl and include him in some way or another.

There's no way to know whether the roster's actually been finalized at this point. I understand that you think it's an educated guess but, as I pointed out before, no one has any way to know Nintendo or Square's true intentions and therefore there's no factual basis to presume that it's too late. But that's irrelevant anyway because Geno fans need to consistently show support game after game the way other fanbases, like Sonic and Megaman, had to for their characters to get in for there to be any hope of Geno making it into a Smash Brothers game at all. This is something you'll have to do for SSB4, 5, and so on.

I know that things seem really dark right now. I know that you all are discouraged because Geno didn't make it into Brawl. But remember that Megaman didn't make it into Brawl either, and look at him now, he's the flagship character for SSB4.

You all want Geno in a Smash Brothers game for a good reason and you must hold onto that. No one who ever succeeded did so by only doing what they believed was possible, they did so by standing consistently for something they care about. So don't just do this because you think it's possible for Geno to get in, do so because that is what will ultimately make you, as a Nintendo gamer, happy.

Above all, we as gamers and fanboys must never, ever, give up. That is something that worries me the most -- if you give up, what you want will most assuredly not happen, and it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. And for everyone to give up after trying so hard would honestly be kind of a tragedy. I wouldn't want to see that happen to you guys.

Anyway, if anybody would like to help rekindle support for Geno's inclusion in Smash Brothers, say so here or PM me. I don't have anything better to do over the summer. :p

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
There's no way to know whether the roster's actually been finalized at this point. I understand that you think it's an educated guess but, as I pointed out before, no one has any way to know Nintendo or Square's true intentions and therefore there's no factual basis to presume that it's too late. But that's irrelevant anyway because Geno fans need to consistently show support game after game the way other fanbases, like Sonic and Megaman, had to for their characters to get in for there to be any hope of Geno making it into a Smash Brothers game at all. This is something you'll have to do for SSB4, 5, and so on.

I know that things seem really dark right now. I know that you all are discouraged because Geno didn't make it into Brawl. But remember that Megaman didn't make it into Brawl either, and look at him now, he's the flagship character for SSB4.

You all want Geno in a Smash Brothers game for a good reason and you must hold onto that. No one who ever succeeded did so by only doing what they believed was possible, they did so by standing consistently for something they care about. So don't just do this because you think it's possible for Geno to get in, do so because that is what will ultimately make you, as a Nintendo gamer, happy.

Above all, we as gamers and fanboys must never, ever, give up. That is something that worries me the most -- if you give up, what you want will most assuredly not happen, and it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. And for everyone to give up after trying so hard would honestly be kind of a tragedy. I wouldn't want to see that happen to you guys.

Anyway, if anybody would like to help rekindle support for Geno's inclusion in Smash Brothers, say so here or PM me. I don't have anything better to do over the summer. :p
Sakurai mentioned that the Brawl roster was finalised at the beginning of development some two years before release!! (Sonic was the only exception who made it in much later due to legal issues with attaining his rights).
So yes I'd say it is definitely finalised by now. And definitely too late since it would take a long time to organise anything.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Sakurai mentioned that the Brawl roster was finalised at the beginning of development some two years before release!! (Sonic was the only exception who made it in much later due to legal issues with attaining his rights).
So yes I'd say it is definitely finalised by now. And definitely too late since it would take a long time to organise anything.
That's still just a guess though and you really don't know that for sure. It would be unwise to not take action based on a guess, however educated it may be. I also think that arguing the point would be to ignore the big picture, and it's the big picture that this plan is focusing on. We don't have to focus our efforts on getting Geno in SSB4 specifically, or 5, or 6, or so on. It should solely focus on getting Geno in a Smash Brothers game, period, and it shouldn't matter which game specifically. After all people consistently demanded that Sonic and Megaman be put in a Smash game for years, they didn't focus solely on one and then give up.

With social media organizing something like this wouldn't take long at all. It'd take a couple days at most to get a quilt thing started. All someone would have to do is make a DeviantArt account for it and start promoting it there and spreading the word to people in other boards. A Facebook page could be made for it. The quilt itself could be displayed on Deviantart and the link to the page sent to Sakurai et al, or put on a nice-looking separate website.

A letter-writing campaign wouldn't take long either. All someone would have to do is get the contact information for the Smash Brothers team at Nintendo, the people at Square Enix and Alpha Dream. Someone could even start a separate thread for that here (or just hijack this one :D ), or put the info up on a Facebook page or something and spread the word to every Geno fan available.

There is nothing in these plans that is not doable.

EDIT: I also heard that Masahiro Sakurai's been watching the Miiverse for people's opinions on what should be in SSB4... Geno fans need to use Miiverse and speak up there as well.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
That's still just a guess though and you really don't know that for sure. It would be unwise to not take action based on a guess, however educated it may be. I also think that arguing the point would be to ignore the big picture, and it's the big picture that this plan is focusing on. We don't have to focus our efforts on getting Geno in SSB4 specifically, or 5, or 6, or so on. It should solely focus on getting Geno in a Smash Brothers game, period, and it shouldn't matter which game specifically. After all people consistently demanded that Sonic and Megaman be put in a Smash game for years, they didn't focus solely on one and then give up.

With social media organizing something like this wouldn't take long at all. It'd take a couple days at most to get a quilt thing started. All someone would have to do is make a DeviantArt account for it and start promoting it there and spreading the word to people in other boards. A Facebook page could be made for it. The quilt itself could be displayed on Deviantart and the link to the page sent to Sakurai et al, or put on a nice-looking separate website.

A letter-writing campaign wouldn't take long either. All someone would have to do is get the contact information for the Smash Brothers team at Nintendo, the people at Square Enix and Alpha Dream. Someone could even start a separate thread for that here (or just hijack this one :D ), or put the info up on a Facebook page or something and spread the word to every Geno fan available.

There is nothing in these plans that is not doable.
Alright man. You have my blessing to lead the revolt.
Anything you want us to sign up to I guess you should post here.

Zema

Smash Journeyman
As a supporter, I really doubt we'll see Geno in Sm4sh. There are, however, two hopes:

1: Sakurai recognizes Geno's popularity for both Melee and Brawl and decides to include him. However, it IS ultimately Square's call, and we know how annoying Square can be about copyright.

2: A SMRPG HD Remake comes out in the next 4~ years.

The fanbase has lost a lot of momentum. A LOT of momentum. We had strength quite a while back- even Newgrounds was ripe with Geno flash animations in support for him in Brawl. Nowadays I don't see that hype and dedication anymore- and a lot of it can be attributed to the fact that SMRPG is a 17 year old game. A lot of the original SMRPG players are old or growing old, and while they might still love the game, I think everyone has better things to do with their time than argue on the internet about why their favourite childhood character deserves to be in a Sm4sh game.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
The roster was decided sometime around the end of last summer, we already know that. So right now it is too late to make a difference. People don't realize that at this point they pretty much cannot get them to include any more characters no matter what type of action is taken. This actually does work to Geno's benefit though, as it'd be impossible for Sakurai to not notice the Geno support in the pre-brawl days. And luckily if they're taking popularity into account, all they have to go on are those days essentially. Other than Ridley he is probably the most requested character that hasn't been in the game yet, which clearly Sakurai knows. If Geno is not in the next game, it is because Sakurai doesn't want him in the game. It certainly won't because of lack of support, being "obscure" (Every character in Smash Bros is obscure), or being a third party.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The only problem about Geno fans, is that they often go too far about how awesome Geno looks, and not look at it in a logical way.
Also I definitely support the puppet for being the most appreciated RPG sidekick in Nintendo history.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
The only problem about Geno fans, is that they often go too far about how awesome Geno looks, and not look at it in a logical way.
Also I definitely support the puppet for being the most appreciated RPG sidekick in Nintendo history.
The only people who support Geno based off of the looks are people who haven't played the game. They aren't even real supporters. There has been 1,000 other logical arguments on his behalf and you choose to talk about people who say that.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Geno wouldn't be a WTF.

More like the general reaction to the AC Villager, I think.
Well, Villager was the first representive of a well established game series.

Geno was a sidekick in a 17 year old one-off game that hasn't been seen (playable) since, which is also owned by a third party that at least I can't see gaining much by letting him into the game.

Belive me, I'd reach my hands in joy if Geno got in but I'd still be screaming WTF!!!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, Villager was the first representive of a well established game series.

Geno was a sidekick in a 17 year old one-off game that hasn't been seen (playable) since, which is also owned by a third party that at least I can't see gaining much by letting him into the game.

Belive me, I'd reach my hands in joy if Geno got in but I'd still be screaming WTF!!!
Oh. I think misunderstood your post.

I was referring to the way people would react if Geno gets included.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Oh. I thinkI misunderstood your post.

I was referring to the way people would react if Geno gets included.
Ok. :)

Imagine that right now the smash rooster could be long completed and Geno sits there as the final hidden character, not to be revealed until game release. And Sakurai will just be sitting there laughing until then.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
Due to the popularity of Super Mario RPG and Geno, he wouldn't be wtf character. Just because a game is well over a decade old does not make it some obscure game that nobody knows about. People act like SMRPG sold 30 copies 600 years ago

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Due to the popularity of Super Mario RPG and Geno, he wouldn't be wtf character. Just because a game is well over a decade old does not make it some obscure game that nobody knows about. People act like SMRPG sold 30 copies 600 years ago
well, I only found out about it from the Geno support groups for smash (and JonTron), and NONE of my friends knew of it's existence, while they did know of games like paper Mario. I'd say that it's obscure. that doesn't make it a bad game, and it's pretty good! I'd like to see geno, but after other, more important characters, like paper mario and Kamek.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
well, I only found out about it from the Geno support groups for smash (and JonTron), and NONE of my friends knew of it's existence, while they did know of games like paper Mario. I'd say that it's obscure. that doesn't make it a bad game, and it's pretty good! I'd like to see geno, but after other, more important characters, like paper mario and Kamek.
Probably because you're like 15 or something

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Probably because you're like 15 or something
Alright, ok. but I still grew up with a super nintendo (my family was a few generations behind for some reason, until the Wii happened), so why should that matter? like I said, most people (well, at least my age, which is a big portion of the target demographic) don't really know who he is.

BUTt.

Geno is really cool, and I never said I didn't want him as a character. only that there is other people I'd have, and that he isn't really well known with kids these days.

Zema

Smash Journeyman
Alright, ok. but I still grew up with a super nintendo (my family was a few generations behind for some reason, until the Wii happened), so why should that matter? like I said, most people (well, at least my age, which is a big portion of the target demographic) don't really know who he is.

BUTt.

Geno is really cool, and I never said I didn't want him as a character. only that there is other people I'd have, and that he isn't really well known with kids these days.
G&W, R.O.B., WFT, Ice Climbers, Lucas, Marth, Roy.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
G&W, R.O.B., WFT, Ice Climbers, Lucas, Marth, Roy.
I SAID I WANTED HIM IN! WHAT IS YOUR POINT YOU ARE TYING TO MAKE?

...sorry, I got upset for a moment.

someone said that he was well known, but he really isn't. is there really THAT BIG of a problem for me saying that? who cares if it affects his chances or not. I was just pointing it out. come on guys, I thought you were better than that.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
The roster was decided sometime around the end of last summer, we already know that.
Was there an official statement or something put out that said this?

someone said that he was well known, but he really isn't. is there really THAT BIG of a problem for me saying that? who cares if it affects his chances or not. I was just pointing it out. come on guys, I thought you were better than that.
This is the kind of infighting I was talking about. Legendofrob1 is correct to say that Geno isn't as well-known as other characters, and Zema is right to point out that it doesn't really matter that much. That doesn't mean you all should be fighting over it or acting like someone pointing that out has some ulterior motive to discourage people from supporting Geno. Come on, guys.

On that note, honestly even if everyone feels it's too late to convince any of the big-wigs to put Geno in SSB4, doing something to garner, unite, and show support for Geno to be in a Smash Brothers game would still be worth it. It certainly can't do any harm and I don't see any reason not to. Sakurai said he was reading stuff from the Miiverse, so that implies that they are still listening to fan opinion and I believe we should capitalize on that.

That being said, I've tried to look up some of the contact information for Nintendo, Square Enix, and AlphaDream. Masahiro Sakurai has a Twitter account, as well as Nintendo and Square (though I'm not sure Square actually reads any tweets sent to them, correct me if I'm wrong). We could always get a whole bunch of us together and just send them a bunch of tweets. Also, Square Enix has the addresses of their headquarters on their corporate page, if you're into snail mail we could always do a snail-mail campaign, though I'd rather just keep this to the web if possible. I'm having trouble getting contact info from AlphaDream because their website is in Japanese and I only know how to speak English and Spanish. ._.;

I think it'd be better to make some kind of pledge website ala Xbox Shun (only not shunning anything, just pledging support for Geno) and just send the link to that to Sakurai et al, what do you think?

Zema

Smash Journeyman

I agree! He isn't well known, but most of us know that, and it doesn't really have any bearing on anything if you weren't using that as an argument.

What I DO want to argue about is the fact that people dismiss SMRPG as being an unimportant game.

Honestly, I think that's untrue. SMRPG is the foundation for almost every single Mario RPG that has been released to date. It was the first and it was, for many, the best. It was the first Mario RPG game ever made. If that's not a milestone in Mario history, regardless of how big or small, I don't know what is.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice

BUTt.

A wtf character is someone who no one thought would be playable in the game. No one supported them or even thought to support them. That's why they are so surprising to have been in. Geno has a huge fanbase, thus he really can't be a wtf character.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
A wtf character is someone who no one thought would be playable in the game. No one supported them or even thought to support them. That's why they are so surprising to have been in. Geno has a huge fanbase, thus he really can't be a wtf character.
I never said he was a WTF character. seriously, WTF.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
I never said he was a WTF character. seriously, WTF.
i said he wouldn't be a wtf character. You answered that by saying you had no idea who he was before forums, thus implying he was one.

Also, your opinion is invalid because you consider Kamek to have any chance to be in a smash bros game.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
All right all right everybody break it up.

Now is not the time to be fighting or quibbling over stupid crap. We all support Geno's inclusion in a Smash Brothers game, we shouldn't let little things and stupid crap cause the kind of arguing that stymied the Geno movement back in the Brawl days. We can't afford to make that same mistake.

Zema

Smash Journeyman
i said he wouldn't be a wtf character. You answered that by saying you had no idea who he was before forums, thus implying he was one.

Also, your opinion is invalid because you consider Kamek to have any chance to be in a smash bros game.
In his defense, Kamek has a bigger chance than Geno right now.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
But that's wrong. That's like saying goomba has a better chance
as the main villian of a franchise with only one character that is also getting two new games soon, kamek has a good chance.

geno, on the other hand, doesn't. but that doesn't mean I don't want him in. I loved super mario RPG, and still do.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
as the main villian of a franchise with only one character that is also getting two new games soon, kamek has a good chance.

geno, on the other hand, doesn't. but that doesn't mean I don't want him in. I loved super mario RPG, and still do.
Neither have a good chance.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
fine, whatever. what you think's not my problem.

anyways, geno. should he get a spiffy new design? or no?

I'm sure that if he got into a Smash Brothers game that Sakurai's team would make him look great and stay true to the character. I mean, look at Megaman. That guy looks as though he plays like his counterpart in Super Smash Flash, you can't beat that.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
fine, whatever. what you think's not my problem.

anyways, geno. should he get a spiffy new design? or no?

Yep. I think that, when made 3D and shown from a side perspective, his lack of pants will suddenly seem strangely naked.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure that if he got into a Smash Brothers game that Sakurai's team would make him look great and stay true to the character. I mean, look at Megaman. That guy looks as though he plays like his counterpart in Super Smash Flash, you can't beat that.
Pretty much this.

He's great at updating a character's look and even making them look better than before. Some of the fan art for updated Geno is alright, but most is offensive

Top Bottom