• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Why isn't Geno here yet!?!??!
He's owned by Square-Enix, and they weren't involved with Smash until Smash 4's DLC. If they're only going to add one Square-Enix character through DLC, it makes sense for it to be the best-known character of their flagship franchise.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
This may be off topic, but if Geno had a classic song that would represent him, I think the song “Starman” would be a great fit and these are actual lyrics from the song:

There's a starman waiting in the sky, he’d like to come and meet us, but he thinks he'd blow our minds

I think in my opinion, the Starman waiting in the sky would represent Geno, and he’d literally blow our minds with his reveal in Smash. ;)

Also this pic would kinda convey that feeling of him waiting to be revealed:
View attachment 168080
Mr. Blue Sky. All the way.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I just beat Mario RPG again. only teared up a little at the end. Goodbye Geno my dear friend. I hope to see you again soon. :starman:

It was wonderful to return to an old classic of my younger years. truly a delightful game. still have some side quest stuff to do. I intend on finally beating Culex this time around!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
D

Deleted member

Geno hopefully is in, I do think he's in. Also ignore the hate against him it's just mindless noise and not worth investing time in, no disrespect to anyone respect their options. But if you support Geno continue to support him.

Big Smash event this weekend hope everyone enjoys it. Maybe we get an announcement but who knows.

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
It doesn't seem to be Smash-related; it could just be a reference to the game.

But I want Skull Kid so, c'mon Reggie fire Bill :troll:
I would love a Skull Kid confirmation from the direct, not only because I feel like Geno's a lock at this point so it wouldn't hurt to root for other characters I'd like, but having him in would literally disintegrate the "Only Incineroar and Ken left" theortists and possibly poke a few holes into a few other leakers that doubled-down on some safer predictions.

Graf von Tirol

Smash Cadet
I remember having seen someone do a fan-storyboard of a hypothetical reveal involving both SK and Geno fighting each other (with the latter fighting alongside Young Link and Bowser as a nod to the source games), and would like for something like this to happen.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Y'know PapaGenos' theory about the box + card is probably the best one yet.

It's still realistic like the Box Theory itself, making an assumption that could also turn out to be reality, but it was probably brought up before and ignored because "no everyone is here so they must be on the box!" which could be real, but there's no need to shutdown other possibilities for the sake of "temper your expectations" when people are gonna be disappointed in their character not making it either way :ohwell:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Y'know PapaGenos' theory about the box + card is probably the best one yet.

It's still realistic like the Box Theory itself, making an assumption that could also turn out to be reality, but it was probably brought up before and ignored because "no everyone is here so they must be on the box!" which could be real, but there's no need to shutdown other possibilities for the sake of "temper your expectations" when people are gonna be disappointed in their character not making it either way :ohwell:
I also agree with his opinion that after the next character(s) get revealed, the box would most likely be sent into printing and that doesn’t mean that those would be the last characters because it’s kind of possible a couple more could be revealed for a final direct and I also feel that would kind of be odd and possibly too early to say that’s the final roster because we still have one full month to go through before release.

I want to believe that means there's an announcement coming, but realistically it's just referencing "Dawn of the First Day: 72 hours remain"
I want to believe it too, but with the Internet these days, we must take everything with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Put this on the Discord, but thought I'd share here.
I saw Rapwned Rapwned 's Smashified render fix, and thought there was still a little something missing. So I took a stab at it myself.

comparison.png

Changes I made from the original Smashified include lowering and tilting his hat a smidge, setting the original red ribbons to a more orange color, changing the eye color to the proper maroon, darkening the lighter blue to the 90's CG blue, correcting the color of the shoes, and darkening the accents between his limbs and on his face. I think it turned out great!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bill Trinen sounds like he's having fun. Probably doesn't mean anything. But he and Nate Bihildorff have promoted and discussed the game before launch so they would know something.

Despite not being a big fan I respect and adore the Legend of Zelda series, I think it deserves more reps, and Skull Kid would be a great addition. If it's a boss that works too but would love to have that character in.

Also those Geno pictures are rad nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I saw Rapwned Rapwned 's Smashified render fix, and thought there was still a little something missing. So I took a stab at it myself.

View attachment 168154

Changes I made from the original Smashified include lowering and tilting his hat a smidge, setting the original red ribbons to a more orange color, changing the eye color to the proper maroon, darkening the lighter blue to the 90's CG blue, correcting the color of the shoes, and darkening the accents between his limbs and on his face. I think it turned out great!
Danggg, your's looks nice! I love the darker hue of blue as it stays true to his original design and the Mii Fighter outfit, and his hat going a little lower, as again, stays true to original design. You did a really nice job on it!

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

View attachment 168154

i would love if you posted the render as transparent ;0; i love it

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
View attachment 168154

You did a really good job, looks so clean. :grin:

Last edited:

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace

View attachment 168154

Looks clean, you're doing our boy geno proud

Robertroid

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, after we hoopefully get Geno, I was wondering...if Mallow also makes the cut (I know chances are veeery slim, but dreaming is free), what do you think his moveset would be?
I was thinking these ones:
  • Forward smash: Cymbals (I cannot think of any other move for his F-smash. Also they would make him look unique)
  • Grab: Whomp Gloves (A ranged grab, but not as a tether, so he cannot grab by air or do tether recovery)
  • Pummel: Froggie Stick (A nice use for his grandpa's weapon)
  • Dash attack: Ribbit Stick (A sightly enhanced version of his pummel, with more damage and knockback)
  • Down Special: HP Rain (Has a lot of start and end lag and doesn't heal much at first, increases healing with duration, opponents under the rain can also heal)
  • Side Special: Sticky Gloves (2-command movement)
  • Up Special: Star Rain (Would ride a star that moves in an arc, having the possibility of detaching from it at the heightmost point)
  • Final Smash: Snowy (I think Star Rain wouldn't fit as a FS)
What do you think his moveset would be?

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Hey guys, after we hoopefully get Geno, I was wondering...if Mallow also makes the cut (I know chances are veeery slim, but dreaming is free), what do you think his moveset would be?
I was thinking these ones:
  • Forward smash: Cymbals (I cannot think of any other move for his F-smash. Also they would make him look unique)
  • Grab: Whomp Gloves (A ranged grab, but not as a tether, so he cannot grab by air or do tether recovery)
  • Pummel: Froggie Stick (A nice use for his grandpa's weapon)
  • Dash attack: Ribbit Stick (A sightly enhanced version of his pummel, with more damage and knockback)
  • Down Special: HP Rain (Has a lot of start and end lag and doesn't heal much at first, increases healing with duration, opponents under the rain can also heal)
  • Side Special: Sticky Gloves (2-command movement)
  • Up Special: Star Rain (Would ride a star that moves in an arc, having the possibility of detaching from it at the heightmost point)
  • Final Smash: Snowy (I think Star Rain wouldn't fit as a FS)

What do you think his moveset would be?

That’s a really nice moveset for Mallow and actually suits him according to his abilities. :grin:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Ask and you shall recieve!
View attachment 168189
Fantastic. now this is what I hope to see Geno look like in game. I really do like the idea Smashified did with it showing the lines of the wood from the tree. gives him that olden time toy feel. but your touches really brought him to a place where he is true to form.

Big House 8 is this weekend. another one of the super major's for smash tournaments. we did get that reveal of the date for the smash direct at EVO. think there is a chance we'll see the date announced at Big House? or maybe even straight a one off character reveal there? normally I wouldn't think so. but we do have reason to believe one is coming soon.

Last edited:

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Ask and you shall recieve!
View attachment 168189
I love this edit so much. Fixing the hair-ribbon color is a subtle touch that I immediately appreciated. Changing the angle of the hat does wonders for making him look more badass, too. Geno's design never looked so good!

Hmm... think you could add a Rosalina or Luma in there for a cool tag-team render?

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Just wanted to drop in to say, add me to the Supporters list!
I know this might seem a little bandwagon-y, but Geno getting in would be as big, if not, bigger than Ridley and K. Rool having made it into smash. If the patterns are anything to go by, I'm hoping for Geno to be revealed at the end of the next Smash-related Direct.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I just ended up having a dream last night and I dreamt that I was watching the final Smash Direct and the adventure mode was being revealed and the stage that was being shown at the time was a forest, then it showed some characters (don’t remember which characters) being overwhelmed by a bunch of enemies, then I saw brown boots running towards the fight, then a familiar silhouette jumped into the air then revealed Geno coming down with his gun arm extended with the splash screen showing: Geno Joins The Battle!

It was a crazy dream, but hated the fact when I woke up and it wasn’t real :ohwell:

Pillsbury_Soyboy

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5792-6987-8671
Add me to the support list too. I haven't played SMRPG before, so I don't know much (if anything) about Geno, but he's arguably the most wanted newcomer and I'd love to see everyone get their wish. Plus, he's pretty damn cool from what little of him I've seen

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Add me to the support list too. I haven't played SMRPG before, so I don't know much (if anything) about Geno, but he's arguably the most wanted newcomer and I'd love to see everyone get their wish. Plus, he's pretty damn cool from what little of him I've seen
Welcome and I highly recommend playing Super Mario RPG, it’s a really good game and has a pretty sweet soundtrack. :grin:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Welcome to SkydogC's Enabling Service. I hear you'd like to be enabled to play Super Mario RPG!
On a scale of 1 to 10, how much would you like to be enabled today?

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Glad you enjoyed the game, and glad to have you on board. As someone who played the game when it came out originally, I have always wondered what it must be like to play and enjoy its successors, then go back to SMRPG and see how it all began. Were you surprised by anything in particular? Or was there anything that was referenced in the other Mario RPGs that you noticed from SMRPG?
Well, actually, I was surprised by how easy it was to pick up the game for me, lol. It really feel like an old rpg, but way more dynamic.

The things that surprised me were the character diversity, and the low level cap. I was so used to farm until lvl 50 in Mario and luigi to beat the boss in the arena. (I still haven't beat SMRPG secret boss, I need to farm a little bit, lvl 20 doesn't seem to be enough lol)

Paper Jam was so lackluster in character diversity... I mean,except for some niches old Mario baddies, it was so safe. So seeing the character diversity in SMRPG was not only so fun, but realizing that they belong to the mushroom kingdom took me off guard. Usually, in the Mario and Luigi and Paper Mario games, the "new" characters were visitors, or invadors like the shroobs. Or you were the one traveling, like in Dream Team and TTYD.
That's when I understood why this game was special, it gave more life to the mushroom kingdom overall, while throwing new baddies who came out of nowhere. And I think Geno and Mallow are perfect characters to prove this. Also, SMRPG make me like Peach again... She started to be useless in the later Mario and Luigi and Paper Mario games, the best she had was Super Paper Mario in my opinion. Also, I was so surprised at the fact that Bowser was the same as I rembered him to be in Bowser Insides Story, he was just slightly less intimidating.

For now, I just hope that the game come to the switch in a way or another.

Pillsbury_Soyboy

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5792-6987-8671
Welcome to SkydogC's Enabling Service. I hear you'd like to be enabled to play Super Mario RPG!
On a scale of 1 to 10, how much would you like to be enabled today?
Way ahead of you. Just played for a solid two hours and I'm loving the game so far. Just got Mallow's coin back and I'm awaiting Geno's appearance

Speaking of Geno: how likely do y'all think a Geno reveal is within the next few weeks? I don't know if he fits an October "theme," but I'm thinking he has a pretty good shot

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Geno would fit theme wise if there was a direct this month. The onther factor I can think of is the last "big" Smash direct this month or next? I doubt there will be two Smash directs ... but there could be another short general Nintendo direct before that. My money is Geno would be the final big reveal at the end of the Smash direct.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Way ahead of you. Just played for a solid two hours and I'm loving the game so far. Just got Mallow's coin back and I'm awaiting Geno's appearance

Speaking of Geno: how likely do y'all think a Geno reveal is within the next few weeks? I don't know if he fits an October "theme," but I'm thinking he has a pretty good shot
At this point if we don't have something as crazy as Banjo waiting in the wings Geno is probably being saved as the final reveal.
Which while it might suck having to wait the longest, once it happens I think we'll all be happy for it seeing how much of an honor it will be.

Also I kinda wanna see him come up after the next unique because whoever is next will forever be number 69 ,:\

TBone06

Smash Ace
At this point if we don't have something as crazy as Banjo waiting in the wings Geno is probably being saved as the final reveal.
Which while it might suck having to wait the longest, once it happens I think we'll all be happy for it seeing how much of an honor it will be.

Also I kinda wanna see him come up after the next unique because whoever is next will forever be number 69 ,:\
I'd be absolutely fine if it were Geno. At the end of the day, it means he's in the game. I can live with a bunch of immature people making fun of him. Realistically, if he's in the game, nothing else matters to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom