• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geneva, IL 8/25 Singles Smash Tourney

CrappyDonkey

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the break in the bi-weekly action everyone. I was away on vacation and I didn't feel like leaving it upto the owner of the place to run a tourney without me, who knows what would happen. Anyways here's the details:

The Cave will be hosting bi-weekly tournaments, probably rotating between singles and doubles.

Where: Where: The Cave (http://www.thecave-geneva.com)
603 West State Street
Geneva, Illinois 60134

THIS IS A BYOC EVENT

Matches are 2/3, random neutral for the first, and counterpicks for the second/third.

Entry fee is $10 per person.

The Cave sells food/drinks/energy drinks

There will be time for friendlies before and after, so come early and stay late.

Tournament starts at (subject to change) 4:00

Bracket will be randomly generated.

Post if you plan on coming- great fun

Hope to see you guys there...

Me14k

Smash Lord
The Cave will be hosting bi-weekly tournaments, probably rotating between singles and doubles.
Perhaps we could do two tournys in one day...a 2 pm team and a 4pm singles?...double money for the cave right?

Im not sure if im going..my friends dont want to cause school starts on the 23rd. Ill try to convince them. I dont want to drive three hours by myself.

I won't be making this one, cause I'm going to be working.
Common Mars. You have 10 days you cant get a substitute? If you dont go how am i supposed to $match you with falco only fsmash?

And is there any discount for Pic of the month peeps?

Mars-

Smash Champion
Common Mars. You have 10 days you cant get a substitute? If you dont go how am i supposed to $match you with falco only fsmash?

And is there any discount for Pic of the month peeps?
It's not that I can't find a sub, it's that I want to get some money.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Man, if I weren't way south for college, I would definitely have considered making this. Why do all the tourneys pop up only after I leave for college? :(:(:(

Also, lol @ randomly-generated bracket, but I guess that one can't really make guesses as to people's relative skill with the current attendance.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I'm going.

No way am I missing a tourney 2 days before school starts. We can show up at noon again, right?

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Ill probably be comming to this.

DaBear we gotta continue our tradition of 1 doller money matches! I WONT take no as an answer

CrappyDonkey

Smash Apprentice
If you guys want to run 2 tournaments on that day it is fine with me. I will be working, so come one in, we open at 10 on Saturday. Just let me know ahead of time if you guys want to hold 2 tournaments. The more the better as far as I'm concerned.

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
Let's run as many tourneys as we can. I didn't win last time, but I intend to win this. Bear, your Sheik will have some serious trouble this time!

Zjiin

Smash Master
lol, you want some tough competition don't you?
Who says 'NOT great' smashers won't give me a hard time? I only started playing last week. :(
In any case i think i'll need a partna for this one. i thought i had one but it was just me getting the 24th tourney confused with this one.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
So I decided not to go to the tourney in Chicago on the 24th because I can't afford both that one and this one, and since this one is closer, I'd rather go here.

Because of that, I'll probably be over at 11-12. Anyone else planning on being there that early?

chewyy

Smash Ace
You only started playing last week? o.O
<----- join date Feb 2006. (yours)
Whatever, if we do go, there do happen to be three of us, so one of us would need a partner. :)
Right now, I doubt we would be able to go, but there is still a chance. :ohwell:

edit: If we do go, we COULD get there that early.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
we'll make it chewyy, we'll make it

alcheato

Smash Ace
Who says 'NOT great' smashers won't give me a hard time? I only started playing last week. :(
In any case i think i'll need a partna for this one. i thought i had one but it was just me getting the 24th tourney confused with this one.
Heh I haven't teamed with you since my first tourney ever at SG 1, but I'd be up for such things.

TRE1

Smash Apprentice
your ride......tell me your not teaming with eddie.

man I definately got to make it to this, damian+"teammate" is always a worthy sight

CrappyDonkey

Smash Apprentice
I open the shop at 10 am, so you guys can get here as early as you want. I will run whatever tournaments you guys want, within reason. I do have to go home at some point. So just let me know when people are planning on coming and what tournaments you guys want to have so I can have my stuff setup.

McLovin

Smash Rookie
lol romulux too good. obviously the asian is gonna ditch the damian(mexican) for the McLovin.

DaBearX

Smash Journeyman
Ok seriously though, if teams happens who wants to team? Tre? Brightside? McLovin!?! McLOVIN!!!?

P.S. I guess I could team with a luigi player too :p if he actually plans on entering that is.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
I got dibs on the Bear! Surely the awesome power for Roy/Zelda together should be enough to bring them both up to mid-tier.

Top Bottom