• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geneva, IL 8/25 Singles Smash Tourney

Tink

Smash Hero
ROFL, welp, just to stalk brightside and make sure he cant win a tourny, ill be coming to this as well =). be there at like 11 or 12./ whenever people wanna start singles.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I think singles starts at 4:00 regardless, but the doubles tourney can start whenever there are enough people that want to get it started. Maybe we should all agree on an official time for the doubles.

I just got my Saturday night shift covered, so I'm definitely coming now. I'll be there at around 11 or so. Hopefully I won't be the only one.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I need a partner too, so I'll team with you if you want. I'll be the kid with the spiky hair. Main Marth and Sheik.

If not, then I'll just find an odd man out and team with them.

chewyy

Smash Ace
I'll be an odd man out. XD
Turns out we can go, but the 2 of them are teaming with each other, I THINK.
Anyway, one of us will need a doubles partner. :D

alcheato

Smash Ace
In related news, I will also be needing a partner! I'll probably just find one there though.

CrappyDonkey

Smash Apprentice
Results

The results are in:

1: Tink ($72.00)
2: Pete ($36.00)
3: DaBear ($12.00)
4: Captian Awesome
5: Tre
5: Eddie J Howells III
7: David
7: Yoru
9: Chewey
9: Romulox
9: Big C
9: Roanoke
13: Damage
13: Shep

Congrats Tink, Pete, and DaBear....

Thanks everyone that came, see you guys at the next one

Mars-

Smash Champion
**** son, this was a badass tourny. A lot of the people I was expecting to turn up didn't, but still a lot of good people showed up to this one.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Man, I should've gone. But alas, other stuff was going on. Maybe the next one. ^ ^
Maybe. You were one of the people I was expecting to be there that didn't show up. You along with:
Jnolan
Alcheato

I don't know if I was reading the wrong thread when I read that they were coming, but I guess I must have been.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Im not sure if im going..my friends dont want to cause school starts on the 23rd. Ill try to convince them. I dont want to drive three hours by myself.

Common Mars. You have 10 days you cant get a substitute? If you dont go how am i supposed to $match you with falco only fsmash?

This post i made was pretty confusing...

1st i say im most likely not going to go...
...then i try to convince you to go cause i wanna rematch that falco only fsmash game (gives impression of me going).

I hope I can go next time..It seems like it was a good turnout plus i want another sausage egg mcmuffin from white hen.

And once again question to the cave: Do Me, Mars-, and alcheato get anything for free for being in the pic of the month?

DaBearX

Smash Journeyman
Fun tourney as usual, looking forward to the next one. Hopefully there will be more interest in a secondary tourney in the future, if not teams, maybe low tier? Maybe if we drop entry from 10$ per person to 1$ per person *cough* for the secondary tourney, participation might improve. I myself wouldnt mind a free secondary tourney but all the "good" players john all over about them.

Now, on a side note, who wants to train with me to counter tink!?

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Fun tourney as usual, looking forward to the next one. Hopefully there will be more interest in a secondary tourney in the future, if not teams, maybe low tier? Maybe if we drop entry from 10$ per person to 1$ per person *cough* for the secondary tourney, participation might improve. I myself wouldnt mind a free secondary tourney but all the "good" players john all over about them.

:cautiously raises hand:

Mars-

Smash Champion

Yeah the $10 thing really burns a hole in my pocket, I like the $5 tournys, yeah less prize money, but more people will likely join.

I can help you counter tink if you practice against my link (Seriously though, play my link). I used to be the only active samus player in the chicago area, now there are like 5 new samus players every tourny, I think I'm just going to play link, because seriously, who plays link?

Watch it will end up that the reason everyone went samus was because of me, and when I go link everyone will go link too.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Yeah the $10 thing really burns a hole in my pocket, I like the $5 tournys, yeah less prize money, but more people will likely join.

I can help you counter tink if you practice against my link (Seriously though, play my link). I used to be the only active samus player in the chicago area, now there are like 5 new samus players every tourny, I think I'm just going to play link, because seriously, who plays link?

Watch it will end up that the reason everyone went samus was because of me, and when I go link everyone will go link too.
I've been Samus for about 5 years now.

...and if everyone else goes link, it'll be a dream come true.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Really? The first time I saw you was at like SG3 or 4, not sure. And I thought you were playing fox.
Yeah the first time you met me was at a SG, and I was already a Samus player. Fox is a joke character i used in some tourneys and friendlies. I even went Luigi one SG. For big events i usually go Samus.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I went but I didn't participate. Unlike the last tourney, I seemed to be getting my *** kicked more frequently, even though I've gotten somewhat better. The pressure of playing against new people ****s me hard and I choke on everything from SHFFLing to wave landing.

I played friendlies the entire time and I had a lot of fun playing against Mars (your Samus was pretty cool and somewhat different from most other Samus players) and Chewwy (I think that's who it was...the guy with the spasming Yoshi).

I need to get better somehow. About 65-70% of the people there could wipe the floor with me, and the rest were pretty even matches. I need to practice...but the only friends that are good don't help that much since we're on the same level. I need to practice with the better players of the midwest. I need some people to coach me and help me improve.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Really? The first time I saw you was at like SG3 or 4, not sure. And I thought you were playing fox.
Yeah the first time you met me was at a SG, and I was already a Samus player. Fox is a joke character i used in some tourneys and friendlies. I even went Luigi one SG. For big events i usually go Samus.
Ganondorf all the way baby. ;)

I play Samus, but mostly for fun. In tourney, I play as Ganondorf.

Anyway, Mars; Next time I'll play your Link. :)

DaBearX

Smash Journeyman
Lol, ill play whoever, prettymuch whenever before sept 17th, after which ill still pretty much play who/whenever. PM me a time and a place.

CrappyDonkey

Smash Apprentice
I tried to get the Team Tourney going for you guys, but no one (4 teams) wanted to do it for $20 a team. So next time we can do a $10 or even $5 a team. I just figured the bigger the pots the better for you guys. I am willing to do whatever for you guys. The Cave will only take a cut out of the main Tourney pot, so the smaller Touraments can be all your guys. As long as I am here I can make the brackets for you guys too, if its someone else they aren't really able to do that. Hell I'll even run $1 tournaments, if thats what it takes to get more people involved. So just let me know, I am a pretty easy going guy, so don't be afraid to ask me to do something for you guys.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I tried to get the Team Tourney going for you guys, but no one (4 teams) wanted to do it for $20 a team. So next time we can do a $10 or even $5 a team. I just figured the bigger the pots the better for you guys. I am willing to do whatever for you guys. The Cave will only take a cut out of the main Tourney pot, so the smaller Touraments can be all your guys. As long as I am here I can make the brackets for you guys too, if its someone else they aren't really able to do that. Hell I'll even run $1 tournaments, if thats what it takes to get more people involved. So just let me know, I am a pretty easy going guy, so don't be afraid to ask me to do something for you guys.
Question; When is the next tourney?

alcheato

Smash Ace
lol Mars, I showed up for like 20 mins or so on my back to school but I had much unpacking and eating to do. I got in some good friendlies vs the Big Charles though. Matt and myself will probably be at the next one.

Top Bottom