• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis 3 is happening. Get hype

Exeggutorr

Smash Cadet
Maybe we should have a poll of OoR players that would prefer it to be a week after or not.

Also because EVO is so huge and much different from smash tournies how expensive will the buy in be?

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
as much as i enjoyed the halftime thing tang did or whatever(legit, the man can dance) at genesis2, it was NOT worth losing ~2hrs of friendlies

JUST SAYIN.

get hype

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
i think we can all wait 2 hours for the best player in the world to dance.

have you seen the shine usmash in wombo combo? give the kid some props

S.D

Smash Master
do it one week after EVO pls!!! D:
I will go to EVO and it will be my 1st tournament in USA
if I could get both of the majors I would be very happy =D
As another potential international attendee I support this ^

Certainly works better for traveling players..

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
as much as i enjoyed the halftime thing tang did or whatever(legit, the man can dance) at genesis2, it was NOT worth losing ~2hrs of friendlies

JUST SAYIN.

get hype
dude will you be going?!?

If we can both attend i'll def make sure to start practicing 64 again so i can get revenge for apex 2012 :D

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
really wanting this to be within 14 days of evo so i can just sit in vegas/norcal and get waaaaay too many friendles in for daaaaays

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i am sad i can't make evo but

i will DEFINITELY be at this tournament.

you guys

i wish armada would go to g3 lol

cuz in the Bible

Genesis chapter 3 is "the fall of adam" ...

BrandX

Smash Ace
Dammit...my own communitie had to ruin its own chances...we could of gotten skullgirls to be there, but someone had to go ahead and **** that up with that tweet.

God dammit Im so pissed off..

EDIT: Please...i heard you guys (people running it) want to no longer want to have skullgirls at G3...please reconsider it. What that tweet said was not what the Skullgirls community is, we are much more respectful, you know that from my actions on here for the past 2 weeks, dont give up on us cause of one misconception, please...
:phone:

Griffard

Smash Ace
i am sad i can't make evo but

i will DEFINITELY be at this tournament.

you guys

i wish armada would go to g3 lol

cuz in the Bible

Genesis chapter 3 is "the fall of adam" ...
that's actually a hilarious/amazing coincidence. Would be really cool if he showed up and was dethroned. (I mean, assuming he's not actually retired, which apparently he is :p)

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
Most of us don't care because why would we actually get our panties in a knot over a stupid tweet from some ph4gs on the internet, not because it's cute and jocular

BrandX

Smash Ace
Most of us don't care because why would we actually get our panties in a knot over a stupid tweet from some ph4gs on the internet, not because it's cute and jocular
As far as I know, the guys who are running Genesis 3 are pretty pissed off by the tweet that was created. I'm not sure if this is true or not, but that's what I've heard.

Apparently that tweet had "Opened some wounds"

BrandX

Smash Ace
then what're you doing?
You know, I didn't realize it. My apologize, I guess I was going into panic mode again.

I can't help myself sometimes...

There has just been talk all around the town of "Burning Bridges" which seem to directly be related to that tweet. I was just scared, that's all.

I'll just drop the whole thing. I'll just get me some water, had a stressful day after that SG's donation drive....had some weird dreams and felt like crap with 4 hours of sleep...lol

Seph_XII

Smash Rookie
IMO, the Melee vs. Skullgirls donation drive competition has done more for community bonding than "burning bridges".

To me it's pretty obvious that any trash talking etc. from both parties is basically just trolling to generate more hype/more money for breast cancer research.

I can't speak for the Genesis 3 people, but I doubt there are any sour feelings. I think it would be great for Skullgirls to be at G3, especially now that we know Melee is going to be featured at EVO, and Skullgirls isn't. (That way, SG people could still go to EVO, but also still have G3 to play at a week later.)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
if G3 is the week after EVO, its on the same time as comic-con. here's hoping i don't get tickets for it, LOL. b2bmajors = ENDLESS. SUMMER.

Top Bottom