• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis 3 is canceled

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Why would it help OOR attendance? Who are these people who wouldn't come to EVO precisely because G3 was the next week?

"Well, I was going to go to EVO but there's another tourney next week. **** that.":laugh:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Why would it help OOR attendance? Who are these people who wouldn't come to EVO precisely because G3 was the next week?

"Well, I was going to go to EVO but there's another tourney next week. **** that.":laugh:
There are actually a ton of people who would pick G3 over EVO if they could only make it to one. Not sure why that's so difficult to realize.

Revven

FrankerZ
G3 for most people is more important because it's catered specifically to Smash players. They can get their friendlies in, crew battles, teams, etc. EVO is not going to give you the chance to get many friendlies at the actual venue (they're going to be strict about tournament matches being played on time). I mean, aside from that there is the BYOC area so you could have a teams event on the off day that Melee isn't played but it wouldn't be streamed (not a big deal tbh).

So given all of that, yes, most people would go to G3 over EVO if it was still happening. Now those people should be going to EVO, or making plans around EVO only. Hopefully, anyway.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Vg boot camp said they would be figuring out a way to stream from the venue and wizard allowed it. So that's cool.

MVP

Smash Ace
I guess I just saved a few hundred bucks.

P:M at EVO would be awesome, but it won't happen. :(
So you can't set up a stand or something? Just for new players to try out or will EVO not let you?

EDIT: I think it's unfair for people to asume Gen3 is better than EVO when we haven't even had an EVO tourny yet. We poured so much money into this that i personally am a lot more hype for EVO then Gen3. ( still <3 gen3 )

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Evo is competition hype. Gen is exhibition hype and a lot more bang for your buck in terms of friendlies and pool play if you aren't expected to do well. Evo is doing bracket pools like Apex but only top 2 make it out and any loss carries over so top seed starts with no byes in a larger winner bracket while second seed is immediately in losers.

Don't get me wrong top 8 on stage will be super ****ing amazing. As for PM at Evo, they have an indie ames section you know...just for trying stuff out and MLP was supposed to be there but the entire game was shut down by Hasbro. PMBR should contact MrWizard about booth space and they can give away the PM copies and hold a side tourney and whatnot.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
It is a real shame to hear this but I can certainly understand why. Hopefully there will be an actual Genesis 3 not too long into the future. Good luck with life and school. Good luck everyone at EVO.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Evo is competition hype. Gen is exhibition hype and a lot more bang for your buck in terms of friendlies and pool play if you aren't expected to do well. Evo is doing bracket pools like Apex but only top 2 make it out and any loss carries over so top seed starts with no byes in a larger winner bracket while second seed is immediately in losers.

Don't get me wrong top 8 on stage will be super ****ing amazing. As for PM at Evo, they have an indie ames section you know...just for trying stuff out and MLP was supposed to be there but the entire game was shut down by Hasbro. PMBR should contact MrWizard about booth space and they can give away the PM copies and hold a side tourney and whatnot.
the ting is though is that Indie Games showcase is only for games built from the ground up,whereas P:M is a mod of Brawl. there may be a SLIGHT chance sincethe game that was supposed to be there(Fighting is Magic) was scrapped due to a C&D from Hasbro, but I wouldn't hold our breaths.

Top Bottom