• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe General Super Mario Discussion Thread - "It'sa Me, Mario!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Any news about Super Mario 3DS coming out... or do we have to wait until E3. =P

☯ I'm doing a Paper Mario run... again but this time I will try to collect everything before the final chapter in TTYD, (well except the tattle log, lol).

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I really doubt Retro is talking about DKCReturns 2. Is that really a game "everyone wants them to do"? The first one isn't even a year old yet. I can think of a dozen games I would rather them do than that.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Hoping for a super mario 3ds, surprised there wasn't one at release of the 3ds tbh.

UberMario

Smash Master
From the e3 show today:

-Mario Party 9 CONFIRMED
-Super Mario Bros. 3DS WILL HAVE BOOM-BOOM
-The new Mario Kart will be incorporating Diddy Kong Racing aspects
---Airship Fortress, Luigi's Mansion and Maple Treeway confirmed
---Karts will be manually setup for wheel configuration, body configuration and special ability (diving propeller, hangglider, etc.). Something I always wanted
-Mario & Sonic & The Olympic Games 2012 shown
-Luigi's Mansion 2

HYPE

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Luigi's Mansion 2 was a lot for me. I just know Super Mario Bros 3DS will be epic. Hoping that this Mario Kart is balanced. Mario Party 9 will have a chance of not being a rehash. Too much hype. X3

BSP

Smash Legend
Luigi's Mansion 2 was enough for me. I really need to go get a 3ds now.

AND SMASH 4!

MP9 needs online.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
So much Mario News :D

Also, the trailer looked good but they didn't have any partner characters which is odd. Hopefully that was because of time and not because they're scrapping the idea for this game.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I like how Koopa and Shy Guy are playable characters now...
...but I'm confused on the car. Players move together now? :S

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I was looking up guides for SMB3's N-Card house on GameFAQs, when I found something called the "Poor Man's Challenge." It's similar to a pacifist run, but instead of avoiding all the enemies you can, you try to avoid all the coins in the levels.

You can still collect powerups and visit Spade Houses, but you have to trek through every level in the game, fortresses and all, and avoid N-Card houses, as you can get 20 Coin and 10 Coin prizes. You have to make sure enemies are cleared out of the Card Panel end level stages too, as they transform into coins when the panel is struck.

I'd imagine this would be pretty fun and hectic; levels like the Fortresses would be easy because there are hardly any coins in those levels, but it would be incredibly frustrating trying to blitz through World's 3-3 and 3-8, because of the rising and falling water and Boss Bass making you want to stay as high as possible, into the floating coins. So maybe we should attempt something like this in SMB3, SMB, SMW, and NSMB and NSMBWii if possible, and post our records - since the coin count resets after coin number 100 is collected, it's easy to keep tally of the total amount of coins by keeping track of 1-ups made from collecting 100 - after we beat the game. What do you think?

BSP

Smash Legend
In DD, I always picked Mario/Luigi and their Baby counterpart just for the lulz of the chomp.

But now I realise that defensive specials aren't that great when anyone can get a star (by far the best imo)

I wish Giant Banana was still in. That thing is legit.

Link2thelost90

Smash Lord
I know what you mean..the giant banana was awesome. :D
And since I usually go Diddy + ParaTroopa in DD, im pretty well acquainted with it.

justaway12

Smash Master
Am i the only one who likes petey pirhana. :(
Petey Piranha is pretty forgettable, I guess, honestly I've never seen a popular villian other than Bowser and maybe King Boo and Bowser. Jr.

I love him though <3 But I have people I like more than him though.

I haven't been here in forever ='(
I miss Mario ='C
I haven't really been playing any video games other than Persona 3 throughout this whole year ='<

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
RANMARU COMES UP IN THE THREAD RANDOMLY AND GOES:

YES I LOVE PETEY PIRAHNA!!! Cmon, Yoshi's Story da bessssssss

Oh wait... lolz I was thinking of that super cool Pirahana boss in yoshi's island, forgot his name.

I also haven't been on the mario boards much. Here I am listening to an awesome mario mix and I came over!

I haven't played anything except Golden Sun recently. And Mafia. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom