• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe General Super Mario Discussion Thread - "It'sa Me, Mario!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMario

Smash Master
Mic posted this:

It seems to be a hybrid between the 2D and 3D "rules", with Mario travelling in 3D, but with him still being able to shrink after being hit. Thoughts?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Anyone else play Diddy Kong Racing?

I picked it up a few weeks back, and it's was well worth it. I'm starting to think it's better than MK64 :O
I think it's amazing. I love how you can choose different vehicles.
I would love if they did something like that again, like in a Mario Kart.
DKR:DS didn't count. It sucked.

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
Diddy Kong racing was a lot of fun. It Always had you coming back for more. Had a story (somewhat) lots of races, different kinds of machines to race with,...etc.

But MK64 is a classic. It kept it simple. Plus, characters and maps were so much better in MK64.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Mic posted this:

It seems to be a hybrid between the 2D and 3D "rules", with Mario travelling in 3D, but with him still being able to shrink after being hit. Thoughts?
♣ I'm mostly excited if Raccoon Mario returns after seeing the tail on the Mario title. :D ♥

♣ As for the game it's self, I can't really say it would work out well in 3D, but then again, I'm not sure what both screens will do yet. I'm mixed about if I would like the game having Mario's 2D game damage on 3D. ♥

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I must say, I really wish Nintendo would remake SMB3. If this is some crazy version of it, or it gets ideas from SMB3, I'll be in heaven. It's easily one of the best Mario games ever made.

I want my Kuribo's Shoe, Raccoon Mario, Tanuki, Hammer Bros, (not really Frog Suit but sure).

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmm, I'll take no blue shell anyday.

Plane's my favorite. Except when racing wizpig for the last time. It's feels like you're fighting the course more than the pig.
Loool yes. That game cheated. But I <3'd it.

Yeah, I tried the DS DKR. OMFG. Wtf. I'm like, racing the octopus and I try to hop to get a red baloon and I miss. Not usually do I miss, the hop sucked donkey ***. THE CONTROLS SUCK.

Eww. I want the original, on the wii.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Eww. I want the original, on the wii.
IDK if we'll get it since Rare seperated from Nintendo a while back.
That's why we got different characters in DKR:DS, since Conker and Banjo belong to Rareware.

BSP

Smash Legend
So did DKR:DS keep the theme changing feature for when you switch characters? Rare always does stuff like that. In Banjo Kazooie 1 and 2, when you go to different parts of worlds, the main theme is slightly different. In DK 64, the main theme has like 10 different versions. Same thing in DKR.

I like that stuff. I wish more people would do it.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
So did DKR:DS keep the theme changing feature for when you switch characters?

I like that stuff. I wish more people would do it.
I think it did. I don't remember quite well.
I also hate Taj's voice in DKR:DS @_@ He's not Indian anymore.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
IDK if we'll get it since Rare seperated from Nintendo a while back.
That's why we got different characters in DKR:DS, since Conker and Banjo belong to Rareware.
Yeah I miss Conker and Banjo...

BSP

Smash Legend
So a friend let me borrow Banjo Tooie after we played through the first one.

It's so awesome. I was missing out back then.

But then I get to Jolly Roger's Lagoon...it's weird, I really like water levels, but big things in water just creep me out beyond belief. Seriously, back in Super Mario 64, I wouldn't go to Jolly Roger's Lagoon because that eel scarred the crap out of me.

UberMario

Smash Master
Poor you, just can't get a smash D= Why is it called Mario Tennis Power Tour when there is no Mario? Are they like, extra characters?
In both the GBC and GBA Mario Tennis games, Mario is the champion, and your goal is to be greater than Mario. And in both cases, his defeat allows you to play as him. In fact, the original player characters [Alex and Nina] that you use/used to beat Mario in the GBC game reappear as teenaged coaches in the GBA version.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I personally love Mario Kart 64 more than a LOT of things. It was just epic, although the original mario kart was also totally awesome. Used to know all the cheats in 64, like the way you can instantly skip half of Wario's stadium, and how you can instantly skip a quthe train tracksarter of rainbow road(but with risks), and also i used to know the cheat for kalimari desert.... Does anyone else remember... It has something to do with the train tracks.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
In both the GBC and GBA Mario Tennis games, Mario is the champion, and your goal is to be greater than Mario. And in both cases, his defeat allows you to play as him. In fact, the original player characters [Alex and Nina] that you use/used to beat Mario in the GBC game reappear as teenaged coaches in the GBA version.
I got some more Power Tennis uploaded amidst technical issues.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
and also i used to know the cheat for kalimari desert.... Does anyone else remember... It has something to do with the train tracks.
I think I know what you are talking about.
On the second time you cross the track, turn left. Make sure you have a star. Keep driving on the train track. When you get close to the tunnel's entrance, use the star and pass through the tunnel. It counts as a lap.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Oh, I had nothing special to say, I just love that game.
They ruined it on the DS though.
This x1 million
-Removed Banjo and Conker due to Rare leaving Nintendo
-Taj isn't his Hindu/Indian self. He has a white guy's voice
-Everyone has a weird voice. They all matured or something.

Something I did like
-Custom track maker. Though all you could do is draw it and it would randomly determine the height of parts of the track.
-
Donkey Kong Country tracks

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I wasn't convinced on the track maker even. Falling off edges was never the DKR way. I was pleasantly surprised by the Donkey Kong Racing tracks but the changes in game physics meant I didn't enjoy them as much as I should have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom