• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
:sonic:? Was close to happening in Melee, when he was coming off the successes of the Adventure Games. Brawl was the worst when we had 06 and Secret Rings most recently, but we ALSO had the praised titles of Rush and to a lesser extent Rivals very recently. Smash 4? Lost World just happened, but so did Generations and Colors which are 2 of the most beloved games of the series.
I think he was referring to the Sonic Boom series.
While I love the Legend of Zelda series the most out of Nintendo's series (not counting Super Smash Bros. as my favorite and closely followed by Fire Emblem), I don't know what character would make a good representative next. I mean, I guess we could use Impa, but I think she'd be a Sheik clone unless they went off of the Hyrule Warriors version..and although my pick would be Vaati, I don't know how good his chances really are..I don't want Tingle..and I think Toon Ganondorf would work better as an alternate costume for Ganondorf rather then as his own character since they have the same height & age (I also don't see them doing another version of an existing character as a non-clone).

Maybe Linkle will be next representative if she does end up appearing in more Zelda games like Aonuma says she might.
Yeah... The Legend of Zelda Series can't really get another character until Zelda U comes out. And even then someone has to hold his/her/it's popularity until next smash.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
THERE IS SOMEONE
WHO HAS BEEN THE FINAL BOSS
FOR AT LEAST 3 TIMES THE AMOUNT OF GAMES AS GANONDORF
AND WAS THE TOP 5 REQUESTED FOR MELEE
AND NEEDS TO BE IN THE GAME.
:4link::4tlink::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::221:
Oh hell yes! I'd love to play as Piloswine!!! :awesome:

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I'm calling fake. Wolf's model looks way off, and Paper Mario looks ripped straight from some poor fellow's Deviantart.

That said, if this was real... I wouldn't be too upset. TYD is one of my favorite games of all time, so Paper Mario wouldn't disappoint me at all, even the lack of K. Rool would be slightly disappointing.

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
While I love the Legend of Zelda series the most out of Nintendo's series (not counting Super Smash Bros. as my favorite and closely followed by Fire Emblem), I don't know what character would make a good representative next.
There are a lot of good options I think.

Fierce Deity, Skull Kid, Tetra, Tingle, Impa. Midna, Vaati, Beast Ganon and Wolf Link

Sure, you can say most of them are one-shots, but they were all also pretty memorable in their games and have appeared at least more than once outside of their main games.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
While I love the Legend of Zelda series the most out of Nintendo's series (not counting Super Smash Bros. as my favorite and closely followed by Fire Emblem), I don't know what character would make a good representative next. I mean, I guess we could use Impa, but I think she'd be a Sheik clone unless they went off of the Hyrule Warriors version..and although my pick would be Vaati, I don't know how good his chances really are..I don't want Tingle..and I think Toon Ganondorf would work better as an alternate costume for Ganondorf rather then as his own character since they have the same height & age (I also don't see them doing another version of an existing character as a non-clone).

Maybe Linkle will be next representative if she does end up appearing in more Zelda games like Aonuma says she might.
Look to my signature for the answer!!!!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm still completely shocked that we didn't get a Nintendo Land stage in the base game. The top of Nintendo Land Tower where you play the coin minigame would have been perfect.
I feel like a Nintendo Land stage will be saved for a future Smash game. Smash games tend to focus on the last generation of games more than the current.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Fierce Deity, Skull Kid, Tetra, Tingle, Impa. Midna, Vaati, and Wolf Link

Sure, you can say most of them are one-shots, but they were all also pretty memorable in their games and have appeared at least more than once outside of their main games.
With how much they keep remaking Twilight Princess I wouldn't be surprised if Wolf Link & Midna showed up in smash.

Need Zelda reps?

Why not characters like Darunia or Ruto? It would be cool to see some Goron and Zora action. Sure, it's more Ocarina of Time characters, but it's not like Midna, Skull Kid, and Ghirahim are still options. Though maybe Midna's Twili form could work? As for other characters I see suggested... Ganon? Well, I don't really want to see another one of the big three characters just in a different form, as cool as he may be. Impa? Sheik already shows off the Sheikah quite well. Vaati? He could bring lots of cool magic to the table. Zant? Don't want him before Midna. Demise? Don't want him before Ghirahim. Skull Kid? Could be pretty terrifying, maybe he can break away from canon and use masks somehow?

All I want at this point is characters that show off the diversity in Zelda's world, really. I find lots of the popular picks being too similar to what we already have.

Last edited:

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Midna would be a great diverse character.

When I look at the Smash roster, I see two things missing: big ass swords and hair whipping.
Cloud is coming in to fill the role of big ass swords, and the only two characters I can think of to fill the hair whipping would be Shantae or Midna.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman

When I look at the Smash roster, I see two things missing: big *** swords and hair whipping.
Cloud is coming in to fill the role of big *** swords, and the only two characters I can think of to fill the hair whipping would be Shantae or Midna.
Dixie could too.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
THERE IS SOMEONE
WHO HAS BEEN THE FINAL BOSS
FOR AT LEAST 3 TIMES THE AMOUNT OF GAMES AS GANONDORF
AND WAS THE TOP 5 REQUESTED FOR MELEE
AND NEEDS TO BE IN THE GAME.
:4link::4tlink::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::221:
Although Ganon would be cool, he's already in the game as Ganondorf's Final Smash and I kind of expect Sakurai to keep it that way and not double down.
Yeah... The Legend of Zelda Series can't really get another character until Zelda U comes out. And even then someone has to hold his/her/it's popularity until next smash.
Even then, part of the problem becomes that they'll never re-appear in anything other then a direct sequel or a spin-off title, with exception to Impa, Tingle, and Vaati.

Fierce Deity, Skull Kid, Tetra, Tingle, Impa. Midna, Vaati, Beast Ganon and Wolf Link

Fierce Deity: Only a one-off character, another version of Link, is more likely as a Final Smash if Young Link was to return due to being, by his very nature, an over-powered character capable of making a joke out of the Final Boss.
Skull Kid: A one-off character without a whole lot of moveset potential (they had to take a lot of liberties for his appearance in Hyrule Warriors Legends), is also already in the game as an Assist Trophy.
Tetra: A one off character who isn't likely to appear outside of spin-offs now. She's more likely to be added if they decide to do a Toon Zelda and make Tetra into a Sheik-style transformation in a future title.
Tingle: He's more likely then I'd like to admit..but he could also pull a Yoshi/Wario and represent his own series, since he does actually have one. I just honestly don't want him.
Impa: She's likely enough, being a character that has appeared multiple times, now the only issue is which version of Impa do we use? Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, and Hyrule Warriors seem most likely, in that order, with the first two more likely..and even then she'd likely end of as a clone of Sheik.
Midna: A one-off character that is also in the game already as an Assist Trophy.
Vaati: I'd love to see him, but I don't see him happening since he's only appeared in Four Swords 1/2 and Minish Cap..and only in a good form for a playable character in Minish Cap.
Beast Ganon: He's already in the game as Ganondorf's Final Smash and although they could go with the Pig Ganon design, I don't see it happening since it wouldn't gel well with the designs of the other Zelda characters and I think that Sakurai would keep Beast Ganon as being purely Ganondorf's Final Smash Transformation.
Wolf Link: Like with Midna, Wolf Link was a one-off character that would also be rather hard to pull off in a playable form, particularly for Grabs and using Items.

I'll be pre-emptive since I know that people will cite Sheik as a one-off character appearing as a playable character, but she's a bit of a special case since she was only a part of a recurring character (Zelda) originally and was still one in Brawl, only being included in Smash 4 because she's now a legacy character that has appeared in two previous titles. I just don't see one off characters happening since they would really only be relevant for a single game unless a remake or re-release was happening..at the very least they wouldn't likely be relevant for multiple games.

Its a bit of a different case then Fire Emblem and Earthbound as well since those game series change out the main characters with each game, so there are no continually reoccurring characters.

Note: I'm not saying this because I dislike any of those character, on the contrary, I adore the idea of playing as Fierce Deity, Vaati, Midna, Impa, & Pig Ganon, I just don't see any of them actually being chosen for the game..at the very least not as the last DLC characters for Smash 4.
Look to my signature for the answer!!!!
Even though I love Midna, see my above comment.
Need Zelda reps?

Why not characters like Darunia or Ruto? It would be cool to see some Goron and Zora action. Sure, it's more Ocarina of Time characters, but it's not like Midna, Skull Kid, and Ghirahim are still options. Though maybe Midna's Twili form could work? As for other characters I see suggested... Ganon? Well, I don't really want to see another one of the big three characters just in a different form, as cool as he may be. Impa? Sheik already shows off the Sheikah quite well. Vaati? He could bring lots of cool magic to the table. Zant? Don't want him before Midna. Demise? Don't want him before Ghirahim. Skull Kid? Could be pretty terrifying, maybe he can break away from canon and use masks somehow?

All I want at this point is characters that show off the diversity in Zelda's world, really. I find lots of the popular picks being too similar to what we already have.
As I said previously in this post, I don't see Sakurai using one-off characters since they aren't likely to re-appear outside of Spin-Offs and thus not be very relevant to the series.

The reason that a lot of too similar is due to this reason since only Link, Zelda, Ganon/Ganondorf, Impa, and, rarely, Vaati are re-appearing characters outside of Spin-Offs.

When I look at the Smash roster, I see two things missing: big *** swords and hair whipping.
Cloud is coming in to fill the role of big *** swords, and the only two characters I can think of to fill the hair whipping would be Shantae or Midna.
While she'd still be great, the being a one-off character and already an Assist Trophy is hurting her chances a lot.

As for Shantae, she's on my wishlist..but I don't see her as happening, honestly.
Oh, yeah I guess Dixie could work to. But I really don't like Dixie... anyway I won't go in to detail and just leave it to that
I really want Dixie, honestly, she was the first female character I ever truly loved that I could play as in a Video Game.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
I hate leaks at this point in time. We have less than two days to wait; what's the point? It's not like we're in mid-2013 and starving for information on the game.

Serell

Smash Apprentice
DevaAshera DevaAshera

Yeah, I know, pretty much all the characters I want have low chances.
But hey, Twilight Princess is getting a re-release and a Wolf Link Amiibo, that brings Midna's chances up slightly. Even if just slightly, I like to hope.

I will never stop wanting Paper Mario, Ray, Krystal, Shantae, and Midna no matter how unlikely they are. But hey, Bowser Jr did just recently come off my list of most wanted, so I got one, can't complain.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
I don't believe Wolf/Paper Mario. This thing is going to be huge. They are going to go out with an earth-shattering bang. As much as I love Paper Mario, there has to be more than that.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Even then, part of the problem becomes that they'll never re-appear in anything other then a direct sequel or a spin-off title, with exception to Impa, Tingle, and Vaati.

Fierce Deity: Only a one-off character, another version of Link, is more likely as a Final Smash if Young Link was to return due to being, by his very nature, an over-powered character capable of making a joke out of the Final Boss.
Skull Kid: A one-off character without a whole lot of moveset potential (they had to take a lot of liberties for his appearance in Hyrule Warriors Legends), is also already in the game as an Assist Trophy.
Tetra: A one off character who isn't likely to appear outside of spin-offs now. She's more likely to be added if they decide to do a Toon Zelda and make Tetra into a Sheik-style transformation in a future title.
Tingle: He's more likely then I'd like to admit..but he could also pull a Yoshi/Wario and represent his own series, since he does actually have one. I just honestly don't want him.
Impa: She's likely enough, being a character that has appeared multiple times, now the only issue is which version of Impa do we use? Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, and Hyrule Warriors seem most likely, in that order, with the first two more likely..and even then she'd likely end of as a clone of Sheik.
Midna: A one-off character that is also in the game already as an Assist Trophy.
Vaati: I'd love to see him, but I don't see him happening since he's only appeared in Four Swords 1/2 and Minish Cap..and only in a good form for a playable character in Minish Cap.
Beast Ganon: He's already in the game as Ganondorf's Final Smash and although they could go with the Pig Ganon design, I don't see it happening since it wouldn't gel well with the designs of the other Zelda characters and I think that Sakurai would keep Beast Ganon as being purely Ganondorf's Final Smash Transformation.
Wolf Link: Like with Midna, Wolf Link was a one-off character that would also be rather hard to pull off in a playable form, particularly for Grabs and using Items.

I'll be pre-emptive since I know that people will cite Sheik as a one-off character appearing as a playable character, but she's a bit of a special case since she was only a part of a recurring character (Zelda) originally and was still one in Brawl, only being included in Smash 4 because she's now a legacy character that has appeared in two previous titles. I just don't see one off characters happening since they would really only be relevant for a single game unless a remake or re-release was happening..at the very least they wouldn't likely be relevant for multiple games.

Its a bit of a different case then Fire Emblem and Earthbound as well since those game series change out the main characters with each game, so there are no continually reoccurring characters.

Note: I'm not saying this because I dislike any of those character, on the contrary, I adore the idea of playing as Fierce Deity, Vaati, Midna, Impa, & Pig Ganon, I just don't see any of them actually being chosen for the game..at the very least not as the last DLC characters for Smash 4.

Those are the characters I had in mind when I made that post. (Well...Not Vatii)

I believe Impa can set herself apart from Sheik, but only if she has a major role in Zelda U. My only problem with Impa is that she is only relevant in the lore you have to dig deep to find (excluding Skyward Sword I think).

Now that I think about it, Pig Ganon's playable appearance in smash would probably give the Zelda series a Dungeons & Dragons vibe.

Wolf Link would need Midna in order to function, and probably vice versa. Wolf Link & Midna would probably be a great character to add as a Duck Hunt style character, but next game only. (As in the dog & duck combo, not the campy play)

I don't believe Wolf/Paper Mario. This thing is going to be huge. They are going to go out with an earth-shattering bang. As much as I love Paper Mario, there has to be more than that.
Yeah. Aside from all veterans returning (or at least Snake) I can't really think of anything that could top Cloud though. (Pretty much everyone else seems anti-climactic to me)

Dan

Smash Lord
Yeah. Aside from all veterans returning (or at least Snake) I can't really think of anything that could top Cloud though. (Pretty much everyone else seems anti-climactic to me)
I'm just thinking in quantity. I'm not expecting anyone as unexpected is Cloud, just something like K. Rool, Banjo-Kazooie and Shantae.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
DevaAshera DevaAshera

Yeah, I know, pretty much all the characters I want have low chances.
But hey, Twilight Princess is getting a re-release and a Wolf Link Amiibo, that brings Midna's chances up slightly. Even if just slightly, I like to hope.
Don't sweat it, I was in the same situation and, in many ways, I still am. I wanted :4cloud:even before he was announced and never thought it'd happen and I still want Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

I don't see Midna's chances as high (and if she's included I bet she'll be on top of Wolf Link), but if she ends up in the game, I would absolutely love it. She'd make a good Zelda representative.
I don't believe that leak at all, everything about it seems..off..from Paper Mario's render to Wolf's render and model to the Final Fantasy VII Emblem not looking 'right' for some reason.

I also don't foresee the main battle theme from Super Mario RPG being the only song they choose..and if they only had one it would most likely be 'Beware the Forest Mushrooms'.

Those are the characters I had in mind when I made that post. (Well...Not Vatii)

I believe Impa can set herself apart from Sheik, but only if she has a major role in Zelda U. My only problem with Impa is that she is only relevant in the lore you have to dig deep to find (excluding Skyward Sword I think).

Now that I think about it, Pig Ganon's playable appearance in smash would probably give the Zelda series a Dungeons & Dragons vibe.

Wolf Link would need Midna in order to function, and probably vice versa. Wolf Link & Midna would probably be a great character to add as a Duck Hunt style character, but next game only. (As in the dog & duck combo, not the campy play)

I pretty much agree, particularly with the Wolf Link & Midna team and how they'd only appear in Smash 5 if possible, mostly because I don't see them scrapping the Midna Assist Trophy to include her as a DLC character in Smash 4..but the next game is possible.

I also don't think anyone else will top Cloud in regards to being both a surprise and a huge blow to fan developed character 'rules'.
The only thing that could top him in that regard is if we randomly got Master Chief or something, which I do not want, or a random Manga/Anime character, which Sakurai already nixed back in Brawl (unless he changed his mind)..but considering you had to name Game Origin in the Ballot, that's unlikely.

Last edited:

BI L. Lawliet

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2509-2089-0857
With minecraft on wii u now I wouldnt count out Steve or a minecraft stage (ala Mario Maker).

Inklings are my pick though. No new characters are more deserving

Dan

Smash Lord
I don't believe that leak at all, everything about it seems..off..from Paper Mario's render to Wolf's render and model to the Final Fantasy VII Emblem not looking 'right' for some reason.

I also don't foresee the main battle theme from Super Mario RPG being the only song they choose..and if they only had one it would most likely be 'Beware the Forest Mushrooms'.
Can anyone link the entire leak? All I'm aware of is the CSS.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
With minecraft on wii u now I wouldnt count out Steve or a minecraft stage (ala Mario Maker).

From what I've found, Minecraft isn't nearly as popular in Japan as it is in the West and I think its appearance on Wii U systems, coming out two days after this Broadcast, would be a blow to Steve appearing..not to mention he wouldn't likely have that interesting of a moveset, so I could see Sakurai not wanting to include him.

Not to mention its more Minecraft itself that is popular rather then Steve..it would also mean working out a deal with Microsoft still just like with Banjo-Kazooie, who I feel would be more likely were Nintendo to do that.

Dan

Smash Lord
I would burn my Wii U and Smash.

Huge wild card here: Captain Toad. Like Paper Mario and Inklings, he would be incredibly unique and deserving.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'm just thinking in quantity. I'm not expecting anyone as unexpected is Cloud, just something like K. Rool, Banjo-Kazooie and Shantae.
Says he doesn't expect anything unexpected. Lists Banjo & Kazooie and Shantae as examples. :shades:

I don't know if Nintendo would be willing to go that far. It'd be interesting I guess.
I'm curious about this leak as well. (I don't really care if it's fake I just want to see it.)

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Greetings as for me I go with the Bomb Master Snake, My Right Man Wolf XD, Rayman, K.Rool which I think should be on Smash long Time ago :) but the characters I want the most is Zero from Megaman X I can't wait to play him someday in Smash. :)

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Here you are.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/320037569/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-leaks
Its in multiple posts there.
Says he doesn't expect anything unexpected. Lists Banjo & Kazooie and Shantae as examples. :shades:
They were all considered as more likely, and thus more expected, then Cloud was and people honestly do believe they are likely, so they aren't nearly as unexpected as Cloud was prior to his announcement..you wouldn't have been laughed at by a lot of people for saying you voted for them like you would have been with Cloud.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
They are important characters in Nintendo's history and have had prominent roles on Nintendo consoles to say the least. Cloud = Goku.

Last edited:

BI L. Lawliet

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2509-2089-0857
From what I've found, Minecraft isn't nearly as popular in Japan as it is in the West and I think its appearance on Wii U systems, coming out two days after this Broadcast, would be a blow to Steve appearing..not to mention he wouldn't likely have that interesting of a moveset, so I could see Sakurai not wanting to include him.

Not to mention its more Minecraft itself that is popular rather then Steve..it would also mean working out a deal with Microsoft still just like with Banjo-Kazooie, who I feel would be more likely were Nintendo to do that.
What if that was the tradeoff? Microsoft giving Nintendo Minecraft for wii u could have been a trade deal. Such as Nintendo getting Banjo Kazooie rights in exchange for it

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice
Just a quick note about that 'leak' that points even further to it being fake.

Screen 1 of Primordia's song list shows Uncontrollable listed before Wir fliegen.

Screen 2 of Primordia's song list shows Wir fliegen listed before Uncontrollable.

Pretty big tipoff right there.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
They are important characters in Nintendo's history and have had prominent roles on Nintendo consoles to say the least. Cloud = Goku.
Video Game Character =/= Anime character.

My point was Banjo & Kazooie & Shantae weren't that likely (Especially Banjo& Kazooie) and you said you expect them after saying you don't expect something unexpected.

Serell

Smash Apprentice

I don't want Steve but a Minecraft stage would actually be pretty cool.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I wouldn't quite say that since the Final Fantasy series itself was still important to Nintendo's History and is still a fairly big supporter of its Handhelds while Square-Enix has been heavily supporting its Handheld systems (along with a few titles on Gamecube and Wii) and even announced the only confirmed NX titles with Dragon Quest X & XI.
Including their most well known and popular character (Cloud) isn't as big of a stretch as Goku would be..its just that people only looked at Square-Enix characters who's games, rather then series, had a big presence on Nintendo..which, even then, Cloud has appeared in at least one game on the last three Nintendo Handhelds, starting with the GameBoy Advance, around the time Square-Enix started supporting Nintendo again, so that is a fairly nice presence on Nintendo consoles, even if just handheld.
What if that was the tradeoff? Microsoft giving Nintendo Minecraft for wii u could have been a trade deal. Such as Nintendo getting Banjo Kazooie rights in exchange for it
I don't quite see the Trade Off here..MineCraft on Wii U was likely coming for a while since its also on the PlayStation 3, Vita, and PS4 without such a deal while Nintendo would still be the only one to really gain from using Banjo-Kazooie in Smash Bros.

It would be more likely for Microsoft to try to make a deal for that Goldeneye 007 code again, completely owned by Nintendo even if developed by Rare, that they wanted back in the day.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
There's no way they would hype a huge Broadcast for this game and do something like that. They obviously have something huge planned and no offense to Wolf/Paper Mario fans, they just don't live up to the hype of this being the "Final Broadcast".

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
There's no way they would hype a huge Broadcast for this game and do something like that. They obviously have something huge planned and no offense to Wolf/Paper Mario fans, they just don't live up to the hype of this being the "Final Broadcast".
To be fair, the big 'hype' might not come from characters alone, there could be other things announced as well and become a big deal as a package more then as a singular announcement.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Although Ganon would be cool, he's already in the game as Ganondorf's Final Smash and I kind of expect Sakurai to keep it that way and not double down.

As I said previously in this post, I don't see Sakurai using one-off characters since they aren't likely to re-appear outside of Spin-Offs and thus not be very relevant to the series.

The reason that a lot of too similar is due to this reason since only Link, Zelda, Ganon/Ganondorf, Impa, and, rarely, Vaati are re-appearing characters outside of Spin-Offs.

While she'd still be great, the being a one-off character and already an Assist Trophy is hurting her chances a lot.

As for Shantae, she's on my wishlist..but I don't see her as happening, honestly.

I really want Dixie, honestly, she was the first female character I ever truly loved that I could play as in a Video Game.
Vaati is the most recurring villain in the series, next to Ganondorf. Plus, he uses wind magic, which has never been seen before in Smash. If anyone's a good fifth rep, it's him.

Dan

Smash Lord
Thanks.

"Filming a video would've been too obvious"... FAKE! It looks good and they obviously put some effort in there, but we live in an age where you can make anything.

This is what I grew up on, and it was impressive at the time:

You have to wonder why people even bother to make leaks, especially at this time since people will only be talking about it for not even two days. I think it's just because they want to see their fantasy scenario, and they might as well just **** with some people in the process.

The more I look at it, and the more I see Sector Z and stuff, the more I believe it. But please... no. I like everything included, but that can't be it...

I think the thing that seals it as fake is the picture of Wolf in battle. He is just too clear while Fox is blurry, and is his foot inside the ground? I know stuff like that happens, but I don't think on the actual ground it would.

Last edited:

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Thing is though what tops Cloud? The hype is so high, I don't think anyone or anything can satisfy that.

Dan

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post
Sakurai has said third parties need to be special. Nothing special about 2 good games and then getting loathed and dying
I don't know the context of the argument, but doesn't Sakurai's opinion not matter with the ballot? He is to do the number one vote as long as they originated in video games and are feasible, no? I don't want him chosing his favorite out of the top 5. If he wants to know who the most popular characters are, then he should just look on the internet.

But wasn't Cloud like an underwhelming character reveal at first?
For me he was. I honestly thought it was a waste of hype/waiting for a Direct. I was just thinking "Okay, can we get a Nintendo characters now?". For the people who were hyped, I don't see why they were. Other characters had my heart racing. Even as a FF VII fan, I was just like "Cool (meh)...".

Even if it was Goku I wouldn't be excited, though Shrek would make me smile.

Last edited by a moderator:

predator_21476

Smash Apprentice
NNID
predator_21476
I don't know the context of the argument, but doesn't Sakurai's opinion not matter with the ballot? He is to do the number one vote as long as they originated in video games and are feasible, no? I don't want him chosing his favorite out of the top 5. If he wants to know who the most popular characters are, then he should just look on the internet.
The ballot was being shown as a suggestion box. The most voted character may not get in the ballot was not a popularity contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom