• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Smash Lord
The ballot was being shown as a suggestion box. The most voted character may not get in the ballot was not a popularity contest
Thanks. I'm just wondering what was the point of it then. Say Banjo-Kazooie got #1 and it was all green lights for Nintendo and they were allowed to do them, but Sakurai didn't feel like it. So it's just for him to be like "well, it's nice to see you guys want Banjo & Kazooie, but I'm going to do #5 Wolf instead". I just don't see the point. He can just look on the internet if he wants to see who's popular.

Sorry, those have been confirmed to be fake
Link? How do you know?

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Thanks. I'm just wondering what was the point of it then. Say Banjo-Kazooie got #1 and it was all green lights for Nintendo and they were allowed to do them, but Sakurai didn't feel like it. So it's just for him to be like "well, it's nice to see you guys want Banjo & Kazooie, but I'm going to do #5 Wolf instead". I just don't see the point. He can just look on the internet if he wants to see who's popular.
Because if Sakurai only chose characters who were the most popular, it would ruin the surprise and not be as much fun. I personally want characters that not many people would expect.

Last edited:

predator_21476

Smash Apprentice
NNID
predator_21476
It may have been used to also see ideas that fans has for specific characters because you could write a small thing about the character for its moveset. It could also be to get the popularity of a character without looking through the entire Internet.

Dan

Smash Lord
Because if Sakurai only chose characters who were the most popular, it would ruin the surprise and not be as much fun. I personally want characters that not many people would expect.
Let's agree to disagree. What surprise would be ruined? We know who the fan favorites are, but not the order they ranked in the ballot results, so there's no surprise to be ruined. It's just so counterintuitive to run a ballot and not chose the top pick(s) imo.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Midna: A one-off character that is also in the game already as an Assist Trophy.
*sighs* Thanks you, was not aware of this....

Y'know? I'm really starting to hate the term 'one-off,' it's starting to feel more of an excuse to disregard the character completely and call them 'unimportant' within their respective series...as if popularity counts for nothing anymore...I'd argue that Midna is the most popular 'one-off' but apparently being the best of the worst isn't good enough...forget the fact that other characters in Smash are also 'one-offs'...

'oh, but it's ok for them, because we see different main characters all the time in their games'...still doesn't change the fact they only appeared in one main series game...

I don't like to use the word 'represent' but out of all supporting characters within the Zelda series, Midna stands as one of the most appropriate to represent what the Zelda series is about...especially given what she's currently got going for her outside of Smash, which shows Nintendo is aware of her popularity...Well at least I can hope she'll make an appearance in Zelda Wii U...

Weeman

Smash Crusader
This thread is like that little slice left of speculation hell. The joy of people coming together to share their excitement. But sadly also the den of flame wars of people trying to prove or dispprove arguments based on arbitrary, made up conditions as to what a Smash Bros. characters needs in order to be in the game; And defendng said conditions to the point of hostility towards other users, that ultimately leads to nothing because no one actually has any saying on the matter.
I'm glad it will be over on Tuesday.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Are we talking predictions? I've got Bomberman, Captain Toad and maybe someone else. It always seems to be the pretty popular characters that get lost in the hype behind the big names (Banjo-Kazooie, Shantae, K. Rool, Shovel Knight, etc.). Like just when you forget about/write-off Ryu and Cloud, they come back to bite you in the ***.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Paper Mario & Wolf are so underwhelming, that it makes me believe its real.

Sad but true
- Metallica

Dan

Smash Lord
Paper Mario & Wolf are so underwhelming, that it makes me believe its real.

Sad but true
- Metallica
After Cloud you expect underwhelming, especially for a final broadcast? I would say the opposite; they're too sane of choices, or there would be more if they were included.

I don't know if it's already been confirmed fake, but I'm just not buying that leak at all. The picture of Wolf standing on Battlefield... just no.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I've been along the ride since the game was announced, I'm not gonna believe this. I'll wait for Tuesday. If this is true, I wouldn't be mad, but I choose to not believe it. Because we had the Rayman debacle and ever since my skepticism has been high on anything.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
I was planning to post the GIF at 2PST tomorrow but I chose to not wait because there is a chance that we could have leaks on our hand so I decided to release it early for everyone to enjoy it! :D

Gimmick

Smash Ace
Predictions...
  • Cloud/Midgard info
  • Square mii costumes
  • Mii costumes
  • Wolf reveal
  • Possible reveal of a N64 stage (Sector Z, Saffron City, etc)
  • Possible reveal of a Melee stage (Poke Floats, Fountain of Dreams, etc)
  • Nintendo newcomer(s) revealed (Inkling, K. Rool, Issac, etc)
  • Highly requested third-party/indie (Rayman, Shantae, Banjo, Shovel Knight, etc)
  • Slight chance of a surprise third-party (Scorpion, Lara Croft, Master Chief, Steve)

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I read through the whole 4chan thread about the leak and they figured out that the leaker had put in two songs that are already in the game but with incorrect titles, so it's probably fake.

Plus the text next to Paper Mario in the picture isn't styled in the correct way at all; it's just white serif typeface when intro screenshots have text that is vertically aligned to the center of the screen, is in multiple colors and uses san-serif.

It looks almost exactly like the text that was used in the Rayman leak.

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
User was warned for this post
Predictions:
- Shrek, Goku, Hannah Montana, Sharkboy and lavagirl, Buzz lightyear, Elmo, Bugs Bunny, Zordon, and Mr. Clean reveal.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Predictions:
- Shrek, Goku, Hannah Montana, Sharkboy and lavagirl, Buzz lightyear, Emo, Bugs Bunny, Zordon, and Mr. Clean reveal.
Any of those characters are possible. I mean really, Cloud is in. I bet there will be more unexpected characters.

IceKitsune

Smash Apprentice
Just to throw my predictions out there for the heck of it.

Cloud Move Set Info/Stage Info and release date
1 Returning Vet (as much as I would like it to be Ice Climbers, Wolf is 99% the likely one here)
1 Newcomer who is not the Ballot Winner (either third party or Nintendo, however I feel a Nintendo character is far more likely)
Ballot Winner announcement and maybe release date
Mii Costumes
1 Stage (either a returning one, likely for Wolf, or a new one for the Newcomer) maybe 2 at most
One last huge balance change

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Predictions:
- Shrek, Goku, Hannah Montana, Sharkboy and lavagirl, Buzz lightyear, Elmo, Bugs Bunny, Zordon, and Mr. Clean reveal.
Oh, but no Selena Gomez?
You forgot Monkey Fist.
This is a reminder to everyone, posts like these are pointless spam. Don't make clearly non-serious suggestions here; there's no discussion to be had. Don't do it. Take this kind of thing to a Social thread instead of here.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Oh good lord the wait is excruciating...gotta hang on today, try to go to sleep early and stay calm tomorrow until 11 pm (european, here)

ohh man...way too much hype for me to handle.

Btw, i would not oppose paper mario, IF they go for moves from the original and gamecube games

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
Since I got a warning for trolling I'll reveal my actual predictions.

- Goku, and Sora

Goku because Namco Bandai made a bunch of dragon ball Z games. Other than Pac-man, their next most popular character is Goku.
Sora because it will bring hype for Kingdom Hearts 3, just like how snake brought more hype for MGS4 and Cloud for FFVII remake. Plus Sora is already in a few Nintendo games.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Since I got a warning for trolling I'll reveal my actual predictions.

- Goku, and Sora

Goku because Namco Bandai made a bunch of dragon ball Z games. Other than Pac-man, their next most popular character is Goku.
Sora because it will bring hype for Kingdom Hearts 3, just like how snake brought more hype for MGS4 and Cloud for FFVII remake. Plus Sora is already in a few Nintendo games.
Actually, Bamco only has the rights to make the games if TOEI animation wants them too

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Also Keep in mind, the safest bet for the most additional char and stages tuesday is 3 and 3, following the data mined place holders. This leak went with 4 stages. Not to say that can't happen but makes it more doubtful.

HoodsxX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanhouDrops
3DS FC
3067-5933-7964
Predictions: Daisy in Smash 4, mah dream for all the princesses in one game comes true. :3

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
People dismiss one off characters, but i think fans of those characters think getting in Smash would revive them in their own franchises. Even a deserving character like K.Rool might get a boost for DKCR3 if he gets in. "look, this character is popular...let's start using them".

There are characters I want who I know are basically impossible...like Dr.Eggman, Geno and Yarn Kirby.

So I'm mostly all in on rooting for K.Rool. If he doesn't get in, that's cool. I'm a Final Fantasy nerd so I'll be playing as Cloud. I just love me some DKC.

I'd also like a Mario RPG stage...could be a nice compromise since we'll never get those characters. At least we could get some remixed classic tunes.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Goku won't happen cause he's an Anime/Manga character. It doesn't matter if Bandai-Namco is allowed to make games in the DB/Z/GT series. It's pretty much a troll suggestion at this point.

Łiese

Smash Rookie
NNID
nato.i97
- Wolf
- New series character
- Indie character

^ What I feel that we will most likely get, along with balance patches, a few more stages, oh, and an adventure/subspace 2 kind of mode, really needs it.

But I'm not going to be disappointed if I don't see what I'm expecting, I'll only be mad if someone leaks something. Praying to the gods that nobody leaks anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom