• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwordOfSeals

Smash Cadet
What if sense Kojima and Sakurai are good friends, Sakuari surprises us with the the classic Snake from the original Metal Gear Solid and puts his trademark under KOJIMA inc. or something like they did with the Earthbound series sense ITOI made Ness/Lucas. (I know this sounds incredibly stupid but it just sickens me that Konami went out of their way to remove KOJIMA from the game awards).

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
What happened last night was that an award for Hideo Kojima was called out... But a lawyer from Japan said that he couldn't go because Konami wouldn't let him... So he couldn't get the award and instead Keither Sutherland had to get the award for him... It's sad really.
It really was sad. :ohwell:

But what does that have to do with Snake's inclusion in Smash?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
What if sense Kojima and Sakurai are good friends, Sakuari surprises us with the the classic Snake from the original Metal Gear Solid and puts his trademark under KOJIMA inc. or something like they did with the Earthbound series sense ITOI made Ness/Lucas. (I know this sounds incredibly stupid but it just sickens me that Konami went out of their way to remove KOJIMA from the game awards).
Konami would probably sue the crap out of Sakurai and Nintendo and Kojima since they own the rights to the Metal Gear franchise and not Kojima Prod. which is just the developer...it doesn't matter who created the character, what matters is who owns it...

Edit: also because they're assholes....

Last edited:

SwordOfSeals

Smash Cadet
Konami would probably sue the crap out of Sakurai and Nintendo since they own the rights to the Metal Gear franchise and not Kojima Prod. which is just the developer...it doesn't matter who created the character, what matters is who owns it...
Dang...yeah that's what I thought, well maybe he'll just add Snake to smash in honor of Kojima but negotiate with Konami to get him.

If I were to get another charcter from the companies we have I would want this chick
NOTE: not her normal design. I just forgot how badass it looks
Of course im also biased :awesome:

as for alts:

hooded robin
shiny pokemon
Star Fox assualt designs
Chrom alt of marth/ike/lucina (because it's better than not being playable at all. . .)
the rest of the pikmin captains
Metroid Prime/fusion/super Samus
My old avi
(AKA Kingdom Hearts :4cloud:)
and finally. . .the one I bring up every time

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
If I were to get another charcter from the companies we have I would want this chick
NOTE: not her normal design. I just forgot how badass it looks
Of course im also biased :awesome:

as for alts:

hooded robin
shiny pokemon
Star Fox assualt designs
Chrom alt of marth/ike/lucina (because it's better than not being playable at all. . .)
the rest of the pikmin captains
Metroid Prime/fusion/super Samus
My old avi
(AKA Kingdom Hearts :4cloud:)
and finally. . .the one I bring up every time
Paladin Edea Lee?

Hell yes. If not for the character, then for the divine music.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I still don't understand why Konami would refuse to let Kojima receive his award. What could they have possibly gained from doing that? Why do they have such a major grudge against him? Like, what did he even do? Does this affect Snake's chances, because he's honestly the only veteran I'd want to return at this point if we absolutely had to get another veteran. Wolf just doesn't interest me as he's only a semi-clone and we already have two semi-clones as DLC. Squirtle and Ivysaur are unnecessary as the Pokémon roster is already oversaturated with Gen 1 Pokémon. Ice Climbers can't work due to 3DS limitations. Pichu and Young Link are just... no. This is the only opportunity we have to get brand new characters for Smash, characters who would otherwise continue to be ignored, yet many people would rather have characters you've already played as before that are not unique? I don't get it. I'm not saying anybody is wrong for wanting veterans back. I just want to understand why veterans would be preferred over new characters.

I'm ready for the hate comments now.

Last edited:
Paladin Edea Lee?

Hell yes. If not for the character, then for the divine music.
Paladin, Ninja, Pirate, Wizard, Knight, Monk, Archer, Thief, Vampire and more

whatever. The Heroes of Light are master cosplayers.
and awesome smash choices

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Paladin, Ninja, Pirate, Wizard, Knight, Monk, Archer, Thief, Vampire and more

whatever. The Heroes of Light are master cosplayers.
and awesome smash choices
There's nothing more satisfying than defeating a boss then stealing his clothes.

Especially the Ranger.

tumblr_mlb2fuaeyr1rp8wqxo1_400.gif

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I still don't understand why Konami would refuse to let Kojima receive his award.
Because Konami is Konami and Konami is the worst.

What could they have possibly gained from doing that? Why do they have such a major grudge against him? Like, what did he even do?
He continued to make great games under a company that wants nothing to do with great games given they they have no sense of history or respect for the medium.

Does this affect Snake's chances, because he's honestly the only veteran I'd want to return at this point if we absolutely had to get another veteran.
We don't know that, really. So much can go on behind the scenes that really messes with our line of thinking. :4cloud:

Wolf just doesn't interest me as he's only a semi-clone and we already have two semi-clones as DLC.
Finally, I thought I was alone in the "I don't care for Wolf" group.

Though not for the same reasons and I won't complain if he's back.

This is the only opportunity we have to get brand new characters for Smash, characters who would otherwise continue to be ignored, yet many people would rather have characters you've already played as before that are not unique? I don't get it. I'm not saying anybody is wrong for wanting veterans back. I just want to understand why veterans would be preferred over new characters.
A sense of completion, really. Some people miss their mains.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't think Snake is copyrighted to Kojima though, just like how Naka doesn't own Sonic anymore nor does Inafune own Megaman. I am kind of curious how the public would react if Snake did wind up being one of the last DLC characters though given yesterday's events.

Alice Margatroid

Doll Judgement
I still don't understand why Konami would refuse to let Kojima receive his award. What could they have possibly gained from doing that? Why do they have such a major grudge against him? Like, what did he even do? Does this affect Snake's chances, because he's honestly the only veteran I'd want to return at this point if we absolutely had to get another veteran. Wolf just doesn't interest me as he's only a semi-clone and we already have two semi-clones as DLC. Squirtle and Ivysaur are unnecessary as the Pokémon roster is already oversaturated with Gen 1 Pokémon. Ice Climbers can't work due to 3DS limitations. Pichu and Young Link are just... no. This is the only opportunity we have to get brand new characters for Smash, characters who would otherwise continue to be ignored, yet many people would rather have characters you've already played as before that are not unique? I don't get it. I'm not saying anybody is wrong for wanting veterans back. I just want to understand why veterans would be preferred over new characters.

I'm ready for the hate comments now.
A few things.

1. I'm not sure that I agree with grouping Wolf with Lucas and Roy as far as clones go. Unlike those two he's almost completely different from the original.

2. It doesn't matter to me that I've played them before, I enjoyed them so much that I would like for them to return, so much in fact that I'd even take them over potential newcomers. I'm not sure how many agree with me, but I believe that's the mentality of those of us who want veterans.

I hope you can understand.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I still don't see how Konami's asinine decisions keep Snake out of Smash.

I assume that we think Sakurai will hold a vendetta towards the company that screwed his friend's work.

But that's assuming too much.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I hope you can understand.
I suppose I could. Maybe people who support veterans don't think there would be other interesting newcomers and they'd rather focus on getting characters they know they already like. It's like choosing between two courses in a restaurant. One of them is a special dish you've never had before and could end up being tasty or not. The other dish, on the other hand, is one you've had and enjoyed before, so you would be content with ordering it again. Perhaps the preference for veterans over newcomers comes from the fear of trying something new and being worried you won't like it. Sorry for the awkward comparison.

DBZHedgy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1736-4241-7885

1. I'm not sure that I agree with grouping Wolf with Lucas and Roy as far as clones go. Unlike those two he's almost completely different from the original.
Wolf and Lucas are pretty much the same as far as being clone characters go. They have independant Movesets outside of specials that are completely different from the characters that they're cloning, less so Lucas since he borrows Forward Smash. Some are similar in some areas, and some aren't.
But their specials, while still being unique, are still a tweaked version of Fox and Ness' specials for Wolf and Lucas respectively. They function more or less the same, but they do different things.

Roy is pretty much just a straight rip of Marth in Melee though, he's gotten a bit more unique in Smash 4, but he's still a lot more of a clone than Lucas and Wolf.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Link & Samus have a ton of potential costumes. A proper Fusion suite or Zora's Armour for example.
I'd love Classic Palutena too. Zelda might have costumes of her iterations from other games other than TP, like it is in Hyrule warriors where you could play as TP Zelda, OOT , SS ect.

I think the Wario's missing colors should return for free and rest payable.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
If Sakurai had added different clones than the ones he chose, who would you have liked him to see? I would keep Dr. Mario since he is a veteran and it's a nice nod to Melee. I would have added Dixie Kong as a Diddy Kong clone, but slightly modify her Up special attack to the whirl, similar to Donkey Kong, but with her hair

I also would have added Sigurd as a Marth clone :troll:

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Alt costumes for DLC? Would that even be a thing.

Oh well

:4sonic:Shadow & Metal Sonic, Maybe Silver
:4yoshi:Boshi
:4link:Zora Armor & Improved Fierce Deity alt
:4samus:Actual armor changes rather than just recolours
:4zelda:Skyward Sword appearance, duh
:4olimar:More Captains
:4tlink:Outset Pajamas and maybe Train conductor clothing
:4pikachu:Raichi and/or Pichu
:4lucina:Kimono and Great Lord outfit
:4luigi:Dr. Luigi and a power up alt, maybe an ice flower suit
:4dk:Funky Kong
:4pacman:Ms. Pacman
and of course
:4charizard:Ridely

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
Didn't realize the DLC competition until I bought Rayman Legends, Shovel Knight, Bayonetta 2, and Wonderful 101 on Black Friday. Now Wolf seems so one-dimensional and boring. Rayman, Shovel Knight, Bayonetta, Wonder Red, and even Inklings just fit in Smash. Wolf's absence doesn't hurt as much as Snake's or Ice Climbers'... feels wrong.
How is Wolf one-dimensional and boring when we already have Lucas and Roy as DLC, who are both equally as one-dimensional and boring as Wolf, according to your logic? Roy especially. Not to mention some newcomers that were added that fit that criteria too

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Didn't realize the DLC competition until I bought Rayman Legends, Shovel Knight, Bayonetta 2, and Wonderful 101 on Black Friday. Now Wolf seems so one-dimensional and boring. Rayman, Shovel Knight, Bayonetta, Wonder Red, and even Inklings just fit in Smash. Wolf's absence doesn't hurt as much as Snake's or Ice Climbers'... feels wrong.
In that case, would Wolf feel one-dimensional and boring if you played Starfox Zero?

Serell

Smash Apprentice
The only reason I want Wolf is because I cannot stand to play Fox because of his now absolutely horrendous voice acting. Why they got rid of the outstanding Assault voice actors, I will never know. Falco is now too different from Fox for me to enjoy, and I actually want Wolf to stay as close to a clone of Fox as possible so I can play Fox without hearing... fiyaaaahhh, in the not as cool as Roy way

EDIT:
Also, on the subject of costumes, I don't think they'll be happening. They can't just do a couple costumes for a couple characters. Everyone would be upset their favorite character didn't get any extra costumes. So they would have to make costumes for EVERY character, and that could get a little taxing, and I don't think it's worth the development time.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
DLC Alternates Costumes would've been >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mii Costumes JS....

Either way...
Mario Strikers Outfits:4mario::4peach::4luigi::4bowser::4wario2::4yoshi::4dk::4diddy::rosalina:(may not work so well for Peach since her dress has a hitbox on her dsmash)
Hyrule Warriors/OoT/SS (minus shiek and ganon obv.):4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::4sheik:
Zora Armour/Magic Armour/Proper Fierce Deity/Ordon:4link:
Hilda/True Form Midna (colours including skin and hair):4zelda:
Outset Clothing/ALBW:4tlink:
Prime Suit/Phazon Suit/Super Metroid/Proper Fusion/PED/Proper Dark/Proper Light:4samus:
Justin Bailey/Pink Shorts/Black Shorts/White Shorts:4zss:
Grandmaster/Great Lord:4robinm::4lucina:
Shiny:4greninja::4lucario::4charizard:
Armoured :4mewtwo:
Ken/Evil Ryu/Akuma/Blanka:4ryu:
Shadow/Metal Sonic:4sonic:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
most memorable non-Nintendo woman in gaming
I'd say second since Lara Croft exists. :p

In all seriousness though Chun-Li would be awesome. Spinning Bird Kick and such. At the very least she and Ken need Mii Brawler costumes.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really don't like certain attitudes here. If you want to play Mr. I Know It All, go hang around your parents or siblings or something, I don't feel like reading your "superiour opinion" every time. This is speculation, we don't know **** for certain, stop pretending like YOU do.

Next time I'll aim it at the users specifically, so if you see me, behave.

Also, I do think you can group Wolf togheter with Roy and Lucas as semi-clones. Wolf isn't THAT MUCH more unique than either of them. In fact, it might come down to just a few moves. All these characters have similar Special attacks, the same Final Smash as their original counter part, and mostly their own unique A and Aerial moves. Don't go and put Wolf on a pedestal now claiming he's "so unique" whilst calling Roy 'Fire Marth'. Doesn't make any sense.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If Sakurai had added different clones than the ones he chose, who would you have liked him to see? I would keep Dr. Mario since he is a veteran and it's a nice nod to Melee. I would have added Dixie Kong as a Diddy Kong clone, but slightly modify her Up special attack to the whirl, similar to Donkey Kong, but with her hair
I'd have kept Dr. Mario too for the same reason. Plus, he has the Tornado and the drill dair, so he's not a complete clone.

For the second one, I'd have done Dark Pit, but with a divekick dair, the Gemini Orbitars as a down B (difference is only aesthetic) and make his moves much stronger, but also laggier than Pit's. I'd have also given more horizontal knockback to the Electroshock Arm while still keeping it somewhat diagonal.

As for the third one, I'd have kept Lucina, but made her much faster, allowing her to be a sword version of Sheik.

In other words, I don't mind those three, but I feel like more effort could've been made to make them feel different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom