• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Sounds about right. Just hope we get two DLC characters at least. That would make the Direct for me.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Calling it now. My prediction for the next direct is December 2nd.

As much as i'd like to see a November Direct, my gut feeling is that Nintendo is going to release the Direct at the start of December to boost their holiday sales and whatnot.
The problem is that they'd need it in November to boost the holiday sales, not December. December is too late for that because by then most people have already bought their holiday items, except for a few remaining stragglers. In NA at least the biggest sales are on Black Friday, and that's a huge market.

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
I'm starting to think we're not getting a newcomer anytime soon. Sakurai/Xander has stated before that "It takes a lot of work even to complete one fighter" back when :4mewtwo:was announced.

:4mewtwo:was released on April 2015 yet he was revealed in November of 2014. We did get :4lucas:,:4feroy:,:4ryu: later but it was mostly veteran fighters that weren't chosen from the ballot. However, If we only got 4 fighters in about almost a year, since it's about to be November again, I'm not betting money on new characters for right now. The ballot barely closed this month so I doubt we're getting anything from that in 2 months unless the developers peeked into the ballot and got an idea before it closed.

My best bet is :wolf:coming back this year. He probably was already in development after the June trio :4lucas:,:4feroy:,:4ryu:was released.

Keep in mind that this is just a prediction and I could be totally wrong...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm starting to think we're not getting a newcomer anytime soon. Sakurai/Xander has stated before that "It takes a lot of work even to complete one fighter" back when :4mewtwo:was announced.

:4mewtwo:was released on April 2015 yet he was revealed in November of 2014. We did get :4lucas:,:4feroy:,:4ryu: later but it was mostly veteran fighters that weren't chosen from the ballot. However, If we only got 4 fighters in about almost a year, since it's about to be November again, I'm not betting money on new characters for right now. The ballot barely closed this month so I doubt we're getting anything from that in 2 months unless the developers peeked into the ballot and got an idea before it closed.

My best bet is :wolf:coming back this year. He probably was already in development after the June trio :4lucas:,:4feroy:,:4ryu:was released.

Keep in mind that this is just a prediction and I could be totally wrong...
If Wolf was already development in June, he'd have been released by now. I think they were working on two newcomers immediately after they finished the original trio (and the original trio were probably finished at least a month before E3 when they released as is), and they probably started Wolf right before the ballot closed after realizing people actually still really wanted him.

Well RIP character forum. Long live my group that is essentially the character forum but cooler this thread.

Although it seems, in only 8 pages, it has already become quite hostile. Impressive. Here's to hoping for a direct soon to have us focus on something that isn't each other's throats.

Bhojj

Smash Rookie
I feel smash 4 has not enough quadrupled character. :ivysaur:Anyone?
Ivysaur is without a shadow of a doubt my most wanted character. I think it would add a nice touch both to the Pokemon roster (cute plant type quadruped as opposed to mostly edgy humanoids) and to the roster overall.

However I don't think it has enough demand/cost ratio to develop it over Wolf or Snake (yeah including ownership stuff), but being a Pokemon decent popularity is pretty much guaranteed. I mean, any Gen 1 starter is more known than Roy or Lucas.

In terms of gameplay it's like Smash version of Dhalsim. Imagine Sakurai giving him a beard too? :rotfl:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Ivysaur is without a shadow of a doubt my most wanted character. I think it would add a nice touch both to the Pokemon roster (cute plant type quadruped as opposed to mostly edgy humanoids) and to the roster overall.

However I don't think it has enough demand/cost ratio to develop it over Wolf or Snake (yeah including ownership stuff), but being a Pokemon decent popularity is pretty much guaranteed. I mean, any Gen 1 starter is more known than Roy or Lucas.

In terms of gameplay it's like Smash version of Dhalsim. Imagine Sakurai giving him a beard too? :rotfl:
I feel like it would be unfair unless they put both Squirtle & Ivysaur in. Pokemon is Pokemon. It will sell. Casual players that may not know the ballot even exits could buy them.
I think Sakurai would have to consider this which makes them not likely, plus not requested enough like you said.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
When people think Indie character, the 5 most wellknown examples are Meat Boy, Quote, Shantae, Commander Video and Shovel Knight
There is an interesting phenomenon that happens within the online community, particularly noted in the Smash Bros online forum community (not just on this site): when an idea is stated that is seemingly approved if by the consensus of those who post, it is bandwagonned and windtunnelled into discussion as if it were correct, often despite any actual evidence. The community will work ourselves into a frenzy agreeing with each other and patting ourselves on the back, quickly turning an idea which was just well received in this small sample size of actual fans of the game, into a determination that it must not only correct as popular opinion, but is bound to happen.
There is an extreme disparity between what the everyman of the forum believes will be revealed in this game and what actually happens as an outcome. There is also an extreme disparity between all fans of smash total, and the small sample size we account for as forum goers.
In general, we want so badly to be correct about the outcomes, that we convinces ourselves as a collective that something will happen absolutely, though we often get these thoughts wrong.

Let's be clear about something; these characters of whom you post are the ones of whom you think when you say indie character. There seems to be a coincidence (I use that word kindly here) in the fact that they are also the specific characters often mentioned in online Smash forums. This does not make the statement accurate, but again seems to reflect a community deciding on an outcome and talking each other into believing it.

If we want to get real, the mascot of indie gaming is most likely Minecraft Steve; the series is immensely popular, and is breaching the gap between gaming culture and pop culture.
As a character who, to my knowledge, is an Xbox exclusive, he is nearly put out of the perceived likelihood by the standards we have seen for Smash Bros thus far, as determined by Sakurai's word (in the past- aka, one of many things overturned).
To me, and I would suggest that maybe even to others, there is little difference between Steve making it as a character, or Shovel Knight making it as a character.

Until the ballot, the only system Shovel Knight was simply "on," without any exclusive content, was the Wii U. From my perspective, the developers have been brown-nosing Nintendo/Nintendo fans to make the character appear more popular than he is his popularity. It is only since the ballot was launched that the company, as far as I'm aware, has even made an attempt to connect with Nintendo at all. One may add that the amiibo development had to be in discussion for an amount of time, and that may even be true. Still, the entire situation reads to me as being quite precarious; I don't believe Yacht Club Games would have given two damns about Nintendo at all had they not wanted the character to be promoted and immortalized in Smash Bros. The fact that in only a year he has been in so many games (and how many of these are even on Nintendo consoles) is evidence that the company was able to strike many deals in a short amount of time, which often just comes down to money...especially for a series that has done well, but just by 'indie standards.'

When a characters own fans cannot state why the character is remarkable, it does not suit me very well. When a third party does not seem particularly interested in Nintendo or its fans until they can get something out of it (not even releasing the game in the origin country of a system), it rubs me the wrong way. When a company pays its way into the media (and one cannot deny the amount of money they are spending when they had to strike so many deals for Shovel Knights appearance, as well as funding the amiibo development/production), I do not see them as a likely candidate. I think Shovel Knight's best shot is if YCG paid Sakurai's team to make the character, and agreed to receive no profit from the purchases.

Disclaimer: I am aware there is a certain level of speculation in the points to which I concluded. This is, of course, an opinion; however, it is an opinion based on a specific level of evidence. If anyone wants him in the game, fantastic, but that individual desire does not change my stance on him not being an icon, or the relationship of Yacht Club Games to Nintendo and its fans over the course of time.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If we want to get real, the mascot of indie gaming is most likely Minecraft Steve; the series is immensely popular, and is breaching the gap between gaming culture and pop culture.
As a character who, to my knowledge, is an Xbox exclusive, he is nearly put out of the perceived likelihood by the standards we have seen for Smash Bros thus far, as determined by Sakurai's word (in the past- aka, one of many things overturned).
Minecraft is on PC (and it was on PC before even X-Box) and Playstation as well. And Minecraft Story Mode is appearing on all consoles, even Wii U, though I don't know if "Steve" appears in it. (Yeah, I checked, he's not; Telltale created an original character for the game so they wouldn't change people's perspective of "Steve.")

But yeah, agreed. Steve is by far the most iconic Indie character of all time. I didn't even really consider him, but yeah, he's technically a "character" since he's got a distinct design, even if normally you can't see it.

Troykv

Smash Master
This indie-iconess talk remembers me the Touhou Project. But that franchise is PC-Only xD

D

Deleted member

They could do a thing. Where in the Nintendo Direct they announce Wolf. Show off gameplay for him then announce he's coming end of the year. Then show off a newcomer say King K. Rool show off gameplay! And say we'd like to announce King K. Rool is coming but next year. Please stay tuned for details of his availability. Something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They could do a thing. Where in the Nintendo Direct they announce Wolf. Show off gameplay for him then announce he's coming end of the year. Then show off a newcomer say King K. Rool show off gameplay! And say we'd like to announce King K. Rool is coming but next year. Please stay tuned for details of his availability. Something like that.
I highly doubt they'd have K.Rool footage worth showing by then tbh

D

Deleted member

You have a good point Epic Anna. I'd think they would probably hold it off till the following year when he gets in. Well hopefully it's something about one more character along with Wolf, Shovel Knight, Rayman, Bandana Dee. Someone.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
If Minecraft Steve ever touches Smash Bros, I'll feel personally offended. He's super iconic, but what benefit does he bring to Nintendo? I'd prefer Butt Butt and Shantae. And I sincerely dislike both of those options.

ChikiLucario

Smash Cadet
My prediction for what would happen if Shiny Pokemon outfits were introduced (aside from the ones that already do exist. Black greninja doesn't count, though, because he has white that he doesn't have in the actual games)

Nobody can tell me that this is a bad idea! ;w;

(took the caption out)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Maybe Bradli doesn't enjoy her games or like her design?
My prediction for what would happen if Shiny Pokemon outfits were introduced (aside from the ones that already do exist. Black greninja doesn't count, though, because he has white that he doesn't have in the actual games)

Nobody can tell me that this is a bad idea! ;w;
The pokemon company doesn't approve of shinies in Smash, not to mention that image is against the rules for censor dodging

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If Minecraft Steve ever touches Smash Bros, I'll feel personally offended. He's super iconic, but what benefit does he bring to Nintendo? I'd prefer Butt Butt and Shantae. And I sincerely dislike both of those options.
Of course I don't think Steve should be in Smash at all, nor would he; he's not even been on a Nintendo platform. However, he's certainly far more iconic than Shovel Knight or Shantae. Neither of those two come even anywhere close.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
However, If we only got 4 fighters in about almost a year, since it's about to be November again, I'm not betting money on new characters for right now. The ballot barely closed this month so I doubt we're getting anything from that in 2 months unless the developers peeked into the ballot and got an idea before it closed.
Another perspective: The entire game took three years to develop; even with a smaller team (size of which is unknown), and so far in a year of added development, all they have added are 4 characters, three of whom were "easier," (say most), a couple of stages, and two-minute costumes?
We have no way of knowing, or even reason to believe, that just because we only have received 4 extra characters at this point, that every bit of development went toward just those four.

The sole reasoning people seem to believe we are only getting a couple of characters are due to:
1- Sakurai saying not to expect too many more.
2- We have only seen 3 character slots.

Yet, Sakurai made the same comment about not expecting too many new characters about the base game; why would be overhype the amount of content now, anyway? I he were planning a large addition, he would still tell us not to expect much.
I seem to be the sole person on Earth who even thinks a big update is not only plausible, but likely. I cannot fathom the idea that Sakurai would have agreed to spend ANOTHER year on this game, only to release a small amount of content that thus far, quite frankly, does to cater to a very broad audience*. His health prior, the amount of time before any DLC was announced (contract negotiation), and, quite frankly, the majority of is statements, lend themselves toward more content, rather than less.

This is clearly my opinion, that the content so far is overall geared toward less than the masses.

Well RIP character forum. Long live my group that is essentially the character forum but cooler this thread.

Although it seems, in only 8 pages, it has already become quite hostile. Impressive. Here's to hoping for a direct soon to have us focus on something that isn't each other's throats.
I'm not entirely sure why the perception is that a difference of opinion, an discussing it openly, is the same as hostility. One can converse passionately and vehemently and have no ounce of hostility therein.

I feel like it would be unfair unless they put both Squirtle & Ivysaur in. Pokemon is Pokemon. It will sell. Casual players that may not know the ballot even exits could buy them.
I think Sakurai would have to consider this which makes them not likely, plus not requested enough like you said.
Only one of the two getting in would be the most shocking reveal in Smash Bros history (by end game, not necessarily if oneis revealed before the other, which would still be a bit strange).
Oh well. It is apparently the consensus that some games can have five characters, with three of one moveset derivative, and this is acceptable, even if a massively disproportionate to franchises impact... yet Pokemon, a series that has outclassed even Mario in regard to global merchandising*, is fine to have every character cut game to game without even acknowledgment of the All Star status of the characters much less the fact that they are fully unique veterans.

*The thing that demonstrates an excessive quantity of people will pay money to see and own a piece of a character outside of the games. Perhaps one of the best indicators for what DLC would actually rank up money.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Another perspective: The entire game took three years to develop; even with a smaller team (size of which is unknown), and so far in a year of added development, all they have added are 4 characters, three of whom were "easier," (say most), a couple of stages, and two-minute costumes?
We have no way of knowing, or even reason to believe, that just because we only have received 4 extra characters at this point, that every bit of development went toward just those four.

I'm not entirely sure why the perception is that a difference of opinion, an discussing it openly, is the same as hostility. One can converse passionately and vehemently and have no ounce of hostility therein.

Only one of the two getting in would be the most shocking reveal in Smash Bros history (by end game, not necessarily if oneis revealed before the other, which would still be a bit strange).
Oh well. It is apparently the consensus that some games can have five characters, with three of one moveset derivative, and this is acceptable, even if a massively disproportionate to franchises impact... yet Pokemon, a series that has outclassed even Mario in regard to global merchandising*, is fine to have every character cut game to game without even acknowledgment of the All Star status of the characters much less the fact that they are fully unique veterans.

*The thing that demonstrates an excessive quantity of people will pay money to see and own a piece of a character outside of the games. Perhaps one of the best indicators for what DLC would actually rank up money.
Tourney Mode is a thing and the team and budget Sakurai's working with is a lot smaller

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

Hopefully that is the case. The people are getting desperate and I think one user just stared at me, bared teeth and brandished some kind of weapon.
Of course I don't think Steve should be in Smash at all, nor would he; he's not even been on a Nintendo platform. However, he's certainly far more iconic than Shovel Knight or Shantae. Neither of those two come even anywhere close.
We're not getting Steve but don't count out the playable character from that one MC knockoff that IS on the Wii U. :troll:

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Tourney Mode is a thing and the team and budget Sakurai's working with is a lot smaller
Yes, the extensively unfulfiling tournament mode which took 8 months to release... or were they simply working on more content than just that?

As far as what their budget is or how big is the team, you are speculating. Sakurai has said they have a smaller team, that is all-- not to mention the ad for Smash 6 development, suggesting that even though some left the work force, others may have been hired.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, but Tourney Mode was started long before DLC began and would not be developed by the same people who did characters/stages anyway. There have also been two stray slots in the roster for months, despite seemingly no reason for them to be there. Now suddenly there's a third slot that exists randomly, clearly they added a character at some point. But then you have to consider; why are these slots there?

Its highly likely these slots are actually characters CURRENTLY in development, because they need the slots to exist so they can choose them in testing. Its likewise probably the same for the filler stages, with the first "TikiBuzz" being Pirate Ship 3DS (which they cut later).

This would mean there have been two characters they've been working on since Mewtwo released. Or at the very least, they had them barely started so they could work on them as soon as they finished the existing characters.

Hopefully that is the case. The people are getting desperate and I think one user just stared at me, bared teeth and brandished some kind of weapon.

We're not getting Steve but don't count out the playable character from that one MC knockoff that IS on the Wii U. :troll:
That won't happen because that game isn't a major thing at all. Now, if Minecraft were to get ported to a Nintendo console and Sakurai REALLY wanted to do an Indie character? I could see him jumping at the chance to add Steve, because Minecraft is the biggest Indie game of all time. That'd bring far more people to want to try him out than the likes of Shovel Knight and Shantae.

ChikiLucario

Smash Cadet
Maybe Bradli doesn't enjoy her games or like her design?

The pokemon company doesn't approve of shinies in Smash, not to mention that image is against the rules for censor dodging
Oh, it is? I'd better remove it then. Sorry, thanks for telling me.

One can dream that they'll lose that disapproval, right? :c

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
That won't happen because that game isn't a major thing at all. Now, if Minecraft were to get ported to a Nintendo console and Sakurai REALLY wanted to do an Indie character? I could see him jumping at the chance to add Steve, because Minecraft is the biggest Indie game of all time. That'd bring far more people to want to try him out than the likes of Shovel Knight and Shantae.
The joke.

Your head.

However I do agree that the possibility of Sakurai including Steve is there but until MC gets on the Wii U (surprised it isn't), I shouldn't worry.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yes, the extensively unfulfiling tournament mode which took 8 months to release... or were they simply working on more content than just that?

As far as what their budget is or how big is the team, you are speculating. Sakurai has said they have a smaller team, that is all-- not to mention the ad for Smash 6 development, suggesting that even though some left the work force, others may have been hired.
You're speculating too, don't brush off my argument for something that's also just as good as your argument
Yeah, but Tourney Mode was started long before DLC began and would not be developed by the same people who did characters/stages anyway. There have also been two stray slots in the roster for months, despite seemingly no reason for them to be there. Now suddenly there's a third slot that exists randomly, clearly they added a character at some point. But then you have to consider; why are these slots there?

Its highly likely these slots are actually characters CURRENTLY in development, because they need the slots to exist so they can choose them in testing. Its likewise probably the same for the filler stages, with the first "TikiBuzz" being Pirate Ship 3DS (which they cut later).

This would mean there have been two characters they've been working on since Mewtwo released. Or at the very least, they had them barely started so they could work on them as soon as they finished the existing characters.
It took 6 months for Mewtwo to be announced to the point where he got released alongside costumes and characters, I don't think it's a stretch that ballot characters are only getting worked on now, not to mention how there were apparently 19(Not entirely sure, but it was after Lucas got released iirc) slots added, most likely for just in case

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
You're speculating too, don't brush off my argument for something that's also just as good as your argument.
I backed up my thought process immensely, I didnt simply claim a fact about numbers (size of development team and money spent) based on no evidence. There is a pretty big difference. I actively am asking for proof against my claims- so please do provide it, or anyone else- that is the point of a conversation and speculation.

I'd also appreciate if you would show me where The Pokemon Company said anything about not allowing shinies. I have seen a total of one statement made in reference to TPC, and that was where Sakurai discusses how he chooses which Pokemon to add.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I backed up my thought process immensely, I didnt simply claim a fact about numbers (size of development team and money spent) based on no evidence. There is a pretty big difference.
I'd also appreciate if you would show me where The Pokemon Company said anything about not allowing shinies.
Sakurai said there is a smaller budget and team, it's a likely possibility that it's why the game's development went quicker than how this is going, nor did I state any actual numbers
Sakurai said something about it in Famitsu, Game Freak is stingy on their IP which is why there are no unique sounds for the Pokemon costumes in Mario Maker. Ask PushDustIn PushDustIn

D

Deleted member

The DLC characters will take a while. Makes sense we won't see some of them till next year.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Sakurai said there is a smaller budget and team, it's a likely possibility that it's why the game's development went quicker than how this is going, nor did I state any actual numbers
Sakurai said something about it in Famitsu, Game Freak is stingy on their IP which is why there are no unique sounds for the Pokemon costumes in Mario Maker. Ask PushDustIn PushDustIn
I haven't heard anything about Sakurai saying Game Freak is stingy with their IP in Smash. But the Smaller budget and team is "The Creators Hands are Alive and Well",

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I could have sworn it was you who said something about Sakurai not being able to use shiny forms as palette swaps. Must have been someone else
Sorry, I don't recall that! We actually have only a few Pokemon related articles on SG. It's a franchise that we really need to research more.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You're speculating too, don't brush off my argument for something that's also just as good as your argument

It took 6 months for Mewtwo to be announced to the point where he got released alongside costumes and characters, I don't think it's a stretch that ballot characters are only getting worked on now, not to mention how there were apparently 19(Not entirely sure, but it was after Lucas got released iirc) slots added, most likely for just in case
I never said anything about ballot characters, but they sure as hell started characters as soon as the previous ones finished. Its inefficient if they just sat around twiddling their thumbs for 5-6 months.

And 19 slots? What are you talking about? We had two more character slots beyond Lucas, Roy, and Ryu, with a grand total of one (ONE!) added right before the ballot closed.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I never said anything about ballot characters, but they sure as hell started characters as soon as the previous ones finished. Its inefficient if they just sat around twiddling their thumbs for 5-6 months.

And 19 slots? What are you talking about? We had two more character slots beyond Lucas, Roy, and Ryu, with a grand total of one (ONE!) added right before the ballot closed.
I was specifically talking about this situation as I doubt K.Rool would be developed before the ballot

I heard about that being added just in case a few months back. Must have been fake then

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
My most-wanted DLC characters:
Sceptile (My favorite Pokémon and would complete the starter type trio. He has also had a lot of screentime in the anime including his ownership under Ash and future appearances in the XY&Z arc under Sawyer's control.)
Yooka-Laylee (It would be cool for Sakurai to pull off another Roy and put in a character before their game is released. Banjo-Kazooie already belongs to Microsoft, so I feel they would be a great substitute, and they could rep kickstarter-based characters)
Azura (Although FE already has quite a lot of representation, all of the characters use swords and two of them are outright clones. Azura would not only rep the newest FE game, but fight with a unique weapon that isn't just another sword.)
Snake (I honestly want mostly newcomers, but Snake was really unique compared to the rest of the Smash characters and was a neat, realistic contrast to cartoony characters like Toon Link and Kirby. He's the only veteran character I would want back.)
Pink Gold Peach (I would only want her in just to see the hilarious reactions and salt, plus a heavyweight Peach clone could be interesting...)

My most-wanted DLC Stages:
Kongo Jungle 64 (for the 3DS) - I like jungle-themed levels a lot, and I don't see why the Wii U version is the only one that has this stage.
Peach's Castle (originally from Melee) - I liked it.
Shadow Moses Island (originally from Brawl) - For Snake's possible return.
Pokefloats 2 (brand new stage) - The first Pokefloats stage from Melee was fun and had a lot of potential. I would like to see a brand new Pokefloats with Pokémon models from all the generations.
Yooka-Laylee Stage (brand new stage) - I don't know much about the game yet, but I'd like to see a stage based off of the game for their hypothetical reveal.

My most-wanted DLC Modes:
Melee-esque Adventure Mode - I liked Melee's adventure mode a lot, although doing the same exact stages with each character did become a bit tedious. It had a lot of potential though, so an adventure mode with randomized side-scrolling levels with different objectives from Nintendo's different series would really cool. For example, the first stage could be Bob-omb Battlefield from SM64 or Petalburg Woods from PM: TTYD. The second level could be Pokémon Stadium where you defeat hordes of Pikachu with Poke Balls or Master Balls or Parfum Palace where you have to make your way to the end of the courtyard while defeating wild Pokémon. etc.
Boss Battles Mode - Have a continuation of Brawl's Boss Battles Mode where you have more new bosses you have to defeat, such as Hoopa-Unbound from Pokémon, Dry Bowser from Mario, Metal Face from Xenoblade Chronicles, Dr. Eggman from Sonic, etc

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah I think if he gets in. King K. Rool was developed as a result of the ballot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom