• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Shantae is much more popular then him, has a much stronger future, and has a much closer relationship with Nintendo (Shovel Knight's exclusivity was withdrawn within half a year), not to mention his Shovel is used like a sword, and we already have a character with a shovel, :4villager:. I honestly doubt he'll be in, imo Danica Patrick has a better chance then him at this point. But I don't want to argue too much so I'll just leave it there.
You need to chill man. I know you don't want him in but if he does get in. Your going to have to accept it and move on. Don't hate on the dude. He's a great character and would be a great addition. Stop focusing on it. Just focus on Bandana Dee and other characters you want in. If Shovel Knighf makes it in. That's that case closed he's in. Just don't hate him and be happy we got a great character

I won't argue ether your probably the nicest person I've met on here. And I appreciate your option. But it's all good man.

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You need to chill man. I know you don't want him in but if he does get in. Your going to have to accept it and move on. Don't hate on the dude. He's a great character and would be a great addition. Stop focusing on it. Just focus on Bandana Dee and other characters you want in. If ShovelKnight makes it in. That's that case closed he's in. Just don't hate him and be happy we got a great character

I won't argue ether your probably the nicest person I've met on here. And I appreciate your option. But it's all good man.
I haven't discussed it in hours, we've moved on to a thing about Cloud's date being leaked actually.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Regarding if Solid Snake came back, it's too bad they'd probably have to remove the Codecs (I don't see them just retaining the Brawl codecs for just veterans and having nothing for the other characters. Unless they had David Hayter (Yes I know he's no longer the voice of Snake but if they retained the old codecs then they'd kinda have to) record something that's like a blanket statement of characters he knows wasn't in Brawl. (Then again some of those same codecs mention that the game is Brawl, so it'd be weird having that in Smash 4)

But I think the easier route would be just to remove the codecs entirely.
For Snake's VA, they'd most likely keep Hayter, and that general Snake design from Brawl, because that is what the fans remember and want to see in the game. Most likely how they kept M2's voice male and not change it to female. It would just be a less of a hassle. I'm sure they want to be as efficient as possible to cram as much DLC in the game before time's up.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I'm not sure if this is allowed to be posted here, but there's no longer a specific thread for this:

My DLC likeliness chart:
S:

A:

B:

C:

D:

E:

F:

G:

Koei-Tecmo's Ryu Hayabusa was added due to being one of the last very iconic third-parties left. Doesn't have much support, but Ryu and Cloud didn't have much either, mainly because no one expected them.

Thoughs/suggestions?

(I'd create a specific thread for this to Nintenzone or somewhere else, but the previous thread was so inactive during it's final months that I'm not sure is there any point to create new one)
I think Isaac is too high, I'd but him below Dixie and Krystal should move above Paper Mario, Paper mario has lost a lot of popularity as of late although he's still more likely than Capt Toad

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The latter.
Also Cloud's release date was just leaked.
Website "leaks" like this are so hilariously fake. If it's like that for one person it should be that way for everyone else.
Seriously, you need to chill out on these "leaks."

D

Deleted member

I haven't discussed it in hours, we've moved on to a thing about Cloud's date being leaked actually.
Alright well. Sorry but it's all good. Anyway that I think is fake. Day of the game awards and I think they'll be focusing on other things like hopefully Splatoon and Super Marjo Maker taking home some awards so don't think it's that day.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Website "leaks" like this are so hilariously fake. If it's like that for one person it should be that way for everyone else.
Seriously, you need to chill out on these "leaks."
You realize that there's actually ways to check these, right?

D

Deleted member

Hey Nintenzilla two questions one would you be okay with K. Rool being in? And two have you been playing Yo-Kai Watch? If so what do you think? Don't enjoy it anymore think it's good?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hey Nintenzilla two questions one would you be okay with K. Rool being in? And two have you been playing Yo-Kai Watch? If so what do you think? Don't enjoy it anymore think it's good?
I'd be okay with K. Rool, and yes, I think Yo-Kai Watch is great! (I chose Katie as my avatar by the way)

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
It maybe how you interpreted the video because to me, I took it as 'You guys don't know what Sakurai is gonna do" rather than 'haha you guys don't know anything about third party characters" It's more of the fact that we are oblivious, to what exactly goes on in these meeting, rather than we don't understand the concepts of deals and the legal rights process of 3rd party characters.

At least that's how interpreted it.

My main point of interest was between 3:15 to 5:29
About there being imaginary red tape

I didn't agree with everything he said, i was sure to put in:

I don't think not having any connections to Nintendo is gonna be beneficial for a potential character getting in. it's pretty crucial.

But since we're on the topic: Honestly, it could have been Cloud or Sora based off the points you made. 1 through 5 Sora fits it. It was Cloud, but honestly from the outside looking in it could have been any.

Not to take away from you're article because it is well written and i like the first point you made about the Nintendo connection. But it's easy to reverse engineer reasoning as to why Cloud got in AFTER he was announced. The article could have easily been 5 Reasons Sora got into Smash and then have FF7 replaced with KH1,2,3
I've been saying Cloud was the most natural SE rep since September...

Cloud, he's the most natural Square rep IMO. Even if he doesn't have a deep connection to Nintendo, he represents Square.

After that, Agnes as her game (Bravely Default) was published by Nintendo in America.
But I can see Sora getting in eventually (he's owned by Disney, not SE). Sora would fit in perfectly in Smash, IMO.

D

Deleted member

Good cause I would love him in too. But that's a given. Also Waddle Dee too. And I know right? The game is so charming, humorous, and full of personality I chose Nate and am using his name. I would have used my name but it's his story. Jibanyan keeps on making me love him more and more. As for his evolutions I like Thornyan the best. Favourites are, Jibanyan, Whisper, Komosan, Thornyan, Baddinyan Komane, Walkappa, and Appak,10/10! The game deserves it.

And I don't know if you got to that final boss. But holy cow is he fun. The theme is crazy great!

Anyway back to this. Maybe the date was leaked by mistake? Doubt it. I think it' fake but who knows.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Good cause I would love him in too. But that's a given. Also Waddle Dee too. And I know right? The game is so charming, humorous, and full of personality I chose Nate and am using his name. I would have used my name but it's his story. Jibanyan keeps on making me love him more and more. As for his evolutions I like Thornyan the best. Favourites are, Jibanyan, Whisper, Komosan, Thornyan, Baddinyan Komane, Walkappa, and Appak,10/10! The game deserves it.

And I don't know if you got to that final boss. But holy cow is he fun. The theme is crazy great!

Anyway back to this. Maybe the date was leaked by mistake? Doubt it. I think it' fake but who knows.
Actually unlike other obligatory picture leaks, this one can be checked, simply by checking when the site was last modified.

D

Deleted member

But I can see Sora getting in eventually (he's owned by Disney, not SE). Sora would fit in perfectly in Smash, IMO.
I would love Sora, that kind, caring, goofy, innocent goofball, holds a place in my heart would love if he got in. But Push do you think K. Rool may still have a chance of making it? Or is that not likely at this point?

Nintenzilla I checked the Kremling thread and you looked at the site and said it was fake. So probably is.

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
If there's something I learned, "leaks" are fake 99.9% percent of the time, so don't believe it. The pic was taken with a crappy camera anyway, he could've just Print Screened it.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So here's when the site was last modified,

Modified: Thu 12 Nov 2015 22:48:05 GMT

So fake.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I would love Sora, that kind, caring, goofy, innocent goofball, holds a place in my heart would love if he got in. But Push do you think K. Rool may still have a chance of making it? Or is that not likely at this point?

Nintenzilla I checked the Kremling thread and you looked at the site and said it was fake. So probably is.
Unlikely at this point IMO. We actually discuss it in the upcoming SourceCast, so be sure to listen to that.

As NintenZ NintenZ said, it's very easy to modify the site using Inspect Element. Therefore, do not trust "site leaks". or "text leaks" or any kind of "leaks" without proper sources / proof. A rumor/ leak without a source is just a fanboy's dream.

D

Deleted member

Unlikely at this point IMO. We actually discuss it in the upcoming SourceCast, so be sure to listen to that.

As NintenZ NintenZ said, it's very easy to modify the site using Inspect Element. Therefore, do not trust "site leaks". or "text leaks" or any kind of "leaks" without proper sources / proof. A rumor/ leak without a source is just a fanboy's dream.
Makes sense sigh. Well that's how it is Still believe he'll be in, but at this point it makes sense. Well hopefully down the road. Anyway I'll check it out count on it. And yeah your right just some fake fan thing. Whoever gets in at this point is going to be great if Cloud is any indication of who we'll be getting should be huge.

I think Isaac is too high, I'd but him below Dixie and Krystal should move above Paper Mario, Paper mario has lost a lot of popularity as of late although he's still more likely than Capt Toad
That is the older chart, I posted another, updated version after it which has Isaac one tier lower (and he is now on same tier as Dixie). I'm considering the other changes you suggested.

EDIT: Another small update. Moved Paper Mario to E tier.
S:

A:

B:

C:

D:

E:

F:

G:

(Characters on same tier are not in particular order)

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
My predictions for DLC (ordered in likelihood) [I think only 3 are left so 2 besides Cloud.]

Cloud
Inklings
Shovel Knight / Wolf
Another third party (from April slot)
A different Nintendo newcomer

I think Cloud was the draw to get people into the Smash direct. I'm not sure if they could top him. Inkling's make a lot of sense and I don't think they will be saved / limited by 3DS.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Here's what I think we may get:
Cloud Strife
King K. Rool
(Bandana) Waddle Dee
Final Third-Party character (I'm thinking Rayman or Shantae)

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
My predictions for DLC (ordered in likelihood) [I think only 3 are left so 2 besides Cloud.]

Cloud
Inklings
Shovel Knight / Wolf

I think Cloud was the draw to get people into the Smash direct. I'm not sure if they could top him. Inkling's make a lot of sense and I don't think they will be saved / limited by 3DS.
I find it hard to believe we've only got 2 left, I think we're getting 5. 1 more pre-ballot (Wolf) and 4 post

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I personally believe Banjo would be a much more appealing chioce than Rayman IMO. Not to mention the whole deal of Ubisoft charging Nintendo all these royalties and stuff. Shantae just isn't a big enough name for DLC. Her and Butt Butt would be extremely underwhelming to put in the game with gaming all-stars like :4cloud::4ryu:in the game.

I disagree with Wolf being a bad choice. He's one of the most iconic characters from the Star Fox series and was a great addition to the Brawl roster (not to mention him being sort of a villain and Fox's arch rival, along with him being a Quasi-clone).
Er. No way Jose.(at least in general to the masses, your allowed an opinion. :p)

Total Sales of franchises:
Rayman - 26m
Ratchet & Clank - not happening but why not for comparisons sake? - 26m
Banjo - aprox. 6m

I feel Rayman is by far, the more recognizable, bigger and relevant icon than Banjo-K. Rayman also appeals to casuals from all generations, not mainly the N64 gen that Banjo appeals to.

Let's take this further: Bomberman, Simon Belmont, Snake, Lara Croft, Rayman ect are arguably much bigger icons than Banjo will ever be. Negotiations would also be most likely the hardest to do in Banjo's case. I'm not saying he is impossible but I doubt he is as likely as you make it seem and IMHO, the few characters I listed are definitely closer to / above :4cloud:'s status as an icon than B&K.

Last edited:
"leaks" shouldn't be posted as it was real wen it was so obviously fake. Wording like that causes people to actually believe it.

I would love Sora a lot. Based on my avi you can tell I love Kingdom Hearts. Plus Sora would fit super well.

EDIT fixed because my keyboard is fixed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Cloud
Inklings
Shovel Knight / Wolf

If these are the final characters. I like it. I want them in and they would be great addition's we'll see.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

I'm sure there is at least 1 person out there that has considered the validity of every Smash Bros character that could make it. The point who ever was lucky enough to get there character in they could explain why their character was the optimal choice. If Heihachi made it in i could easily see an article explaining why Heihachi was a good choice. There are many good choices out there, it's really a matter of Sakurai choosing to include them or not.

On the note of Sora being Disney, i don't think it would be much of a problem as the two are already in the works of various projects outside of gaming.

I haven't finished FF7 (Due to spoilers, but i think i forgot most of them so I'll probably get back in for the FF& remake) nor have i have been much of a fan of KH, but i can see the validity in both series being a natural rep.

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
This topic isn't so popular but I'll bring it up anyways. Since Capcom has 2 characters in Smash, could we possibly get another rep from Sega, Square Enix, Namco, and Capcom again? It's very unlikely at this point.
If I were to choose, it would be

Sega
Shadow
NiGHTS

Square Enix
Geno
Sora (I guess?)

Namco
Lloyd

Capcom
Bass
Crimson Viper

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
This topic isn't so popular but I'll bring it up anyways. Since Capcom has 2 characters in Smash, could we possibly get another rep from Sega, Square Enix, Namco, and Capcom again? It's very unlikely at this point.
If I were to choose, it would be

Sega
Shadow
NiGHTS

Square Enix
Geno
Sora (I guess?)

Namco
Lloyd

Capcom
Bass
Crimson Viper
Except for Pac-Man, adding third-party characters isn't about representing their company. We won't get more characters from those companies unless they are significant and relevant enough, and I'm not sure anybody else from those companies is.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
I'm bringing this up only as a possibility, but we may have a situation similar to when Lucas was revealed. Lucas was revealed, but wasn't released until June where he was along side other newly revealed characters, Roy and Ryu. This is similar to Cloud, who was revealed but not made available. Perhaps he'll be released after the Broadcast around Christmas time, along side two new Ballot characters, thus finishing the Smash DLC in time for the holidays.

Again, this is far from evidence, merely a possibility based on past patterns. However, I think it's likely only on the fact that it seems like a fairly logical outcome.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I'm bringing this up only as a possibility, but we may have a situation similar to when Lucas was revealed. Lucas was revealed, but wasn't released until June where he was along side other newly revealed characters, Roy and Ryu. This is similar to Cloud, who was revealed but not made available. Perhaps he'll be released after the Broadcast around Christmas time, along side two new Ballot characters, thus finishing the Smash DLC in time for the holidays.

Again, this is far from evidence, merely a possibility based on past patterns. However, I think it's likely only on the fact that it seems like a fairly logical outcome.
I'd be surprised if that wasn't the outcome, honestly.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Cloud
Inklings
Shovel Knight / Wolf

You're still that confident in Shovel Knight to the point you think that Wolf is as likely as him? I mean Wolf isn't exactly a shoo-in but Shovel Knight has a completely unrealistic chance at this point for many obvious reasons. He doesn't even have gaming history.

As for Wolf, I'm kinda 50/50 on him. Inklings I can see making it in as could I see Dixie.

Edit: corrected an error.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You're still that confident in Shovel Knight to the point you think that Wolf is as likely as him? I mean Wolf isn't exactly a shoo-in but Shovel Knight has a completely unrealistic chance at this point for many obvious reasons. Her doesn't even have gaming history.

As for Wolf, I'm kinda 50/50 on him. Inklings I can see making it in as could I see Dixie.
Huh, I didn't know he was female. :p

Halifax?

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WhataTreeBark
[Release speculation]

Mewtwo: broadcast releases :4cloud: and announces ? . ? releases in 2016 + ? .

Lucas: broadcast releases :4cloud: + ? .

Sakurai: we get sakurai'd.​

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel i have to mention that Sora (and the Kingdom Hearts series) don't belong to Square. His situation is kinda like Diddy Kong.

Sora/Diddy was created by Square Enix/Rare but it belongs to Disney Interactive Studios/Nintendo respectively.

Square only owns the Final Fantasy characters like Cloud or the Moogles and the TWEWY characters like Neku, while Disney owns basically everything else.

Square only develops and publishes the games, but Disney owns the rights to the series in general, as the back of the box of every single KH game says the following:
"Copyright Disney Interactive Studios. Developed by Square Enix."

So if Sora ever gets into Smash, he would be a Disney character, NOT a Square Enix character.

Neoxon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Neoxon
Switch FC
1178 5806 0406
Based on what we know from the placeholders, we can expect 2 more characters & 1 more stage. I say one more because the other stage placeholder was between Super Mario Maker & Duck Hunt, which likely means that Sakurai & the guys at Bandai Namco tried to get Pirate Ship to work on the 3DS but couldn't. If this guess is correct, then we can expect one more newcomer from a new franchise & one character from an existing franchise in the game (could be a newcomer or a veteran). With this in mind, my best bet for the new franchise is Splatoon with the Inklings & their own stage. Granted, it could still be Shovel Knight, but Cloud's inclusion made it clear that (while the third party company being buddies with Nintendo is still important) the character's involvement with Nintendo can be minimal as long as they're iconic. And while I'm a huge Shovel Knight fan, he isn't iconic on the level of Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, or Cloud. As for the pre-existing franchise, it could go a multitude of ways. My two cents are on Wolf, but it could be King K. Rool, Dixie, Impa, or anyone else who has their respective franchise already in the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom