• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
It is already November guys! We are on the second day of November and we still don't know when the next Direct going to be. I expect a Direct on mid-November. This is just a prediction. We don't know who will be the next DLC characters? It could be Wolf, or Snake, or King K. Rool or anybody else! We had to wait until we get a announcement. I look forward to the next Direct and can't wait for the next Direct to arrive soon. We should all know that we going to get one soon! Just wait guys. Just wait.

Here! have some pictures of some cute Pokemon cars and some Mario Karts to cheer you up!

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I dount the first revealed character will be a veteran, unless a newcomer is announced concurrently. That would oherwise lead to a poor portrayal of that which was for the vote.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Gotta' love when every thread turns into a Fire Emblem fanboy thread...
Not exactly how posting works; but for once, please feel free to justify your feelings (backig up an opinion) and explain why you think the Ice Climbers are not viable options for characters in Smash bros, other than being against those who find Fire Emblem as unnecessary and redundant?
You said you were glad a one off like Chrom wasn't included despite liking IC. Chrom appears in Fates as DLC and will be playable in PXZ2, a game which Nintendo characters weren't even expected. I was calling you out on your hypocrisy, I don't even like Chrom, but I have a great bull**** detector. And don't act all smug with your 'for once' part, I've always backed my arguments up against you till the point I was tired of your ignorance

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
My my, even in a new location this thread is more or less the same as it always was.
- - - -
It is already November guys! We are on the second day of November and we still don't know when the next Direct going to be. I expect a Direct on mid-November. This is just a prediction. We don't know who will be the next DLC characters? It could be Wolf, or Snake, or King K. Rool or anybody else! We had to wait until we get a announcement. I look forward to the next Direct and can't wait for the next Direct to arrive soon. We should all know that we going to get one soon! Just wait guys. Just wait.
It's probably going to be Wolf or a newcomer. I don't want to count Snake out, but I'm iffy on how much of a popular choice on the ballot he could have been. I love Snake, but there are many people who still think he's "not Nintendo enough" when he's already been in a Smash Brothers game lol.
also can we not include like 20 large pictures in a spoiler tab for no reason in the future pls
it's super unnecessary and technically just added spam to a nice post
thank

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Would you look at that, this new DLC thread is just as unpleasant and stand-offish as the last one! I suppose some things never change.

I'm firmly rooted in the belief that we're only getting 3 more characters for DLC. I'm predicting that these will be the last batch:

Wolf: Extremely popular, and is a veteran, making him easier to build than a full-on newcomer.

King K. Rool: Highly requested in both East and West. He more than likely won the Ballot in terms of popularity.

Inklings: Decently popular on the Ballot, further promotes Splatoon and appeals the massive wave of Splatoon players.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Would you look at that, this new DLC thread is just as unpleasant and stand-offish as the last one! I suppose some things never change.

I'm firmly rooted in the belief that we're only getting 3 more characters for DLC. I'm predicting that these will be the last batch:

Wolf: Extremely popular, and is a veteran, making him easier to build than a full-on newcomer.

King K. Rool: Highly requested in both East and West. He more than likely won the Ballot in terms of popularity.

Inklings: Decently popular on the Ballot, further promotes Splatoon and appeals the massive wave of Splatoon players.
I'm not sure, I think we'll get four and somewhat different fighters. I disagree with you.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
If anything Inklings are going to be saved for Smash 5's signature newcomer.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Hey there Sakurai! How's the weather? As much as I hate Inklings I think it's dumb saying 'they'll be saved for the next game' as Sakurai might put them in, they certainly have the popularity. Not to mention who knows? Splatoon 2 might just kill the franchise.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hey there Sakurai! How's the weather? As much as I hate Inklings I think it's dumb saying 'they'll be saved for the next game' as Sakurai might put them in, they certainly have the popularity. Not to mention who knows? Splatoon 2 might just kill the franchise.
I think they should be put in Smash 6, there are other characters that people have been waiting for for much longer then them. (*Cough*K. Rool*Cough*Bandana Dee*Cough*Wolf*Cough*Isaac*Cough*Ridley*Cough*)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I don't see why they shouldn't be added now.
"Too new" doesn't work when we had :roymelee: in Melee, :shadowmoses: in Brawl and Woolly World and Mario Maker in SSB4
Inkling DLC would be free money for Nintendo at this point.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I don't see why they shouldn't be added now.
"Too new" doesn't work when we had :roymelee: in Melee, :shadowmoses: in Brawl and Woolly World and Mario Maker in SSB4
Inkling DLC would be free money for Nintendo at this point.
Shadow Moses Island was from Metal Gear Solid, if you're talking about the song in that stage from Guns of Patriot, then yes, it has elements from a yet-to-be-released game. Also one thing I wanted to point out is that all of these are from pre-established franchises.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Shadow Moses Island was from Metal Gear Solid, if you're talking about the song in that stage from Guns of Patriot, then yes, it has elements from a yet-to-be-released game. Also one thing I wanted to point out is that all of these are from pre-established franchises.
Splatoon also has content in Smash. It's easily Nintendo's biggest hit this year in contrary to other things mentioned

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Shadow Moses was also in MGS4 and the stage featured spoilers for MGS4 such as RAY and Gekko being on the Island. That was a big spoiler for the game considering:
A. You go back to Shadow Moses
B. RAY and the Gekko are there despite REX being the only Metal Gear there in MGS1

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Shadow Moses was also in MGS4 and the stage featured spoilers for MGS4 such as RAY and Gekko being on the Island. That was a big spoiler for the game considering:
A. You go back to Shadow Moses
B. RAY and the Gekko are there despite REX being the only Metal Gear there in MGS1

Also not an established franchise in Smash.
What I meant was that it was an established franchise overall.

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
Im actually surprised that wolf is so popular, i felt like they cut him from this game because he was the least popular one, and i really didnt think anyone played him at all, personally id like to see someone new from the starfox series appear such as krystal, but wouldnt mind wolf being brought back. At the same time he doesnt really make me hype at all especially compared to the other potential dlc like snake,inkling and k rool. Just can`t see what the appeal for him is.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Im actually surprised that wolf is so popular, i felt like they cut him from this game because he was the least popular one, and i really didnt think anyone played him at all, personally id like to see someone new from the starfox series appear such as krystal, but wouldnt mind wolf being brought back. At the same time he doesnt really make me hype at all especially compared to the other potential dlc like snake,inkling and k rool. Just can`t see what the appeal for him is.
Sakurai considered cutting Jigglypuff twice, I can't imagine Wolf was cut due to lack of popularity. Lack of development time, on the other hand...
For me, what I like about Wolf is how feral he fights, we don't really have much fighters like him, hacking and slashing with claws. He also felt the most different out of the Star Fox trio

D

Deleted member

Wolf seems very likely at this point so yes I could see him in. King K. Rool this might be a biased option but I don't care. I want King K. Rool in more then any character. So I hope he gets in and I see it happening. Inklings would be great! Would love them in!

The Splatoon is to new argument holds no water as we literally got two stages from two games that came out long after Sma4sh. With Wolly World and Super Mario Maker. Two new games but their stages were in. So I don't see how Inklings could not be included. Given Splatoon's popularity and it's success I'm sure their being considered.

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm not necessarily against the Inklings, I just think that there are other characters that should take priority over them is all.

Joseppo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yosemite_JIT
If Wolf comes back I only ask for one thing: a new Final Smash. It was pretty lame (imo) that he had the same exact FS as Fox and Falco and only made stronger the false impression of him as a clone of the former.
Also I wouldn't mind a few tweaks here and there, but as it has been said before, his feral style of fighting felt pretty unique and I hope they keep it that way.

P.S.:"What's the matter, scared?" taunt = best taunt

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I always thought that and still do but the demand can be pretty high from all regions and can possibly still happen

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If Wolf comes back I only ask for one thing: a new Final Smash. It was pretty lame (imo) that he had the same exact FS as Fox and Falco and only made stronger the false impression of him as a clone of the former.
Also I wouldn't mind a few tweaks here and there, but as it has been said before, his feral style of fighting felt pretty unique and I hope they keep it that way.

My idea for a new Wolf Final Smash: Wolf throws a Landmaster on someone, then pummels the Landmaster yelling MUDAMUDAMUDA or something before howling, then things go boom

D

Deleted member

Maybe Wolf can have a new side b Howling Strike. He unleashes a quick kick to the opponent's chin knocking them up then leaps up and kicks them down. His final smash. Will could be the Wolfen where he blasts shots from the cockpit of his trusty Wolfen.

Though I wish Falco could get Arwing I mean personally he prefers the air right?

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead

I've been wanting an Arwing Final Smash for Falco for years. Yet here we are, preferring the air while calling a land master.

D

Deleted member

Poor Falco he wishes to fly again. But Mashpotato Samurai dosen't comply.

If Wolf's moveset dosen't change that's fine I just hope it continues to reflect his savage, cold, caculated nature.

Joseppo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yosemite_JIT
I've been wanting an Arwing Final Smash for Falco for years. Yet here we are, preferring the air while calling a land master.
An Arwing FS for Falco is definitely overdue, but unfortunately, we cannot change that in this game (can we?), so we don't have much option but waiting.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I would love if Falco's Final Smash where he taunts and his Arwing pops out and decimates the stage with it like Jin in Marvel vs Capcom with Bloodia

Pretty much this:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Or better, an Airwing as a playable character on its own. When I saw the walking Airwings during the the Star Fox Zero trailer I thought "What if we had an Airwing as a playable character in Smash Bros?" Those things are the vehicles you're directly controlling most of the time in Star Fox after all, and giving it legs would make it more viable from a design standpoint to make it a playable character. Plus through alternate costumes you could play as either Fox, Falco, Slippy or Peppy driving the Airwing, effectively giving you the ability to play as all the four characters from the Star Fox team. This shouldn't be done at the cost of playable Fox and Falco as we know them in Smash, of course.

Yeah sure it's not like it's gonna happen because it shares many design issues with Ridley which made Sakurai reject him but arguably worse because you have to make it fit with the other characters size-wise while being sure that there could credibly be a Fox-sized character inside the cockpit, plus I can't really think of what could possibly be a credible animation for grabbing items. Still, some part of me kinda wants to see that in practice.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I've decided to go through which franchises I believe have a shot of getting a new DLC character, franchises that already have one such as Pokemon I've disregarded, and third-party franchises have also been disregarded, so without further ado, let's begin.

Mario-Possible
DK-Very Likely
Warioware-Very Unlikely
Yoshi-Very Unlikely
Zelda-Unlikely
Metriod-Very Unlikely
Kirby-Very Likely
Star Fox-Very Likely
F-Zero-Very Unlikely
Game & Watch-Impossible
Kid Icarus-Very Unlikely
Pikmin-Very Unlikely
Animal Crossing- Almost Impossible
Gyromite-Almost Impossible
Wii Fit-Impossible
Xenoblade-Very Unlikely
Duck Hunt-Impossible
SEGA Character-Possible
Namco-Bandai Character-Possible

And that's my list.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Do people really believe that Sakurai will pass on a character that can be INKREDIBLY unique simply because 'they are too new' and 'Smash 5 newcomer hype'?

As new as the franchise is, Splatoon is one of tge Wii U best selling games (that has outsold Smash mind you)...passing on the Inklings now is a HUGE missed opportunity, especially for silly reasons like the above mentioned...

Their relevance is one of their greatest strengths atm, they will sell Inkredibly well, especially since everyone that owns Smash for Wii U at the very least knows who they are...and what they are about...

People need to stop talking about the next smash game period because Smash 4's life cycle hasn't even ended yet...and when it does the next game is still years down the line...

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
A Mii Costume with a bonus trophy and a full fighter are two totally different entities in terms, though. Splatoon is super-popular, but what if Sakurai doesn't want to make them as Smash fighters? He might think the costume is good enough for now, especially since nobody knew how huge Splatoon would be. They're shoe-ins next time, but for now...I don't see it happening.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
A Mii Costume with a bonus trophy and a full fighter are two totally different entities in terms, though. Splatoon is super-popular, but what if Sakurai doesn't want to make them as Smash fighters? He might think the costume is good enough for now, especially since nobody knew how huge Splatoon would be. They're shoe-ins next time, but for now...I don't see it happening.
Wait. Costumes and a trophy are good enough because the success wasn't anticipated? That's literally one of the dumbest reasons I heard. If Sakurai wants to make them playable because they were popular in the ballot, he'll make them playable BECAUSE of it's success

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
We've already been through this several times (several is an understatement). Being against Inklings is fine, out of all of the front runner they might be the character with the biggest division in support. However, dismissing them by saying they're shoe ins for the next game is seriously getting annoying. I could say that about virtually any popular ballot character, but inklings get the flak because their the newest IP Nintendo has had in forever.

Opinions are fine, but lets be a little reasonable and original with it guys.

Last edited:

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
I'm going to step away from the Ice Climber comparison as the ICs were in Melee for a vastly different reason than Marth or Roy. Marth and Roy are closer in concept to Ness (who, by the premise of being in Smash 64, was considered an "iconic character").

pupNapoleon pupNapoleon Which FE reps would you remove from the Smash Roster if you could? I see where you're coming from with the "too many Fire Emblem reps", but I'm not sure which characters you genuinely find reasonable additions. Should only Marth be put in the game?

Edit: I may be several hours late with this post. Gonna post Inkling thoughts later.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Remember when Chrom was a shoo in to "replace" Ike? Oh right...

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The Mii costumes and trophy were added as a quick promotion for the game...low risk but yet easy to make smash support for a game that Nintendo marketed out the ass...we are now way past promotions the Inklings have a ton of support, relevance, popularity and the success that followed with Splatoon...Sakurai is CURRENTLY looking for/working on good candidates for DLC...who better than one of the stars of the current generation? During Smash's initial development the success of Splatoon was unknown, but now in hindsight the risk is very minimal since the IP did so well...

But passing on them simply because they'd be better for the next game is an even dumber reason why Ridley was left out...considering Sakurai's looking to add new content for this game...

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
The one thing I hope Wolf has if/when he comes back is his Star Fox 64 voice. His Assult/Brawl one was okay, but nothing is better than British Wolf saying "Can't let you do that, Star Fox!".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom