• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General kirby thread

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
1st fight: Hooray for d-tilt edge-guarding. With the hammer: do you actually manage to hit people with it?

2nd fight: Taunt-fest!

Great Kirby to watch.

otg

Smash Master
Kirby vs. DK. You've seen vids of the kirby I play with Dogy, he's pretty **** good, lots of annoying gimmicks. I do really well on the stage, but off stage that meteor spike is really **** gay. What am I doing wrong, seeing as how Kirby should get ***** by everyone.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Just out-Bair him.

And do a lot of cargo u-throw u-air.

Edgeguard with ledgehopped Bair or invincible up+B.

Don't shield much. Kirby has a lot of random multi-hit aerials and moves.

Do more Bair.

Don't get offstage. And if you do, try your darnedest to recover high so you avoid dumb meteors. You shouldn't die below 130.

CC his tilts into grabs if he doesn't space perfectly. Or just grab him through his moves. DK's grab range is surprisingly stupid.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
lawlers people still play kirby?
regardless good matches they were fun to watch.
also kirby vs dk is a impossible-gonna win everytime amtchup in Dk's favor. dk is rediculouse vs kirby. i hate it.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
lol kirby vs just about anyone is impossible if the opponent is good

dk is one of his easier matchups meaning instead of it being like 11/-1 or 12/-2 it's like 8/2 or something.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
lol kirby vs just about anyone is impossible if the opponent is good

dk is one of his easier matchups meaning instead of it being like 11/-1 or 12/-2 it's like 8/2 or something.
Lol! Are you insane? Easier matchups? DK falls into the "You really don't want to have to play this cus he ***** all your **** forever" match ups.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
fox and dk have the same advantages vs kirby basically but i know the fox matchup way better so i agree with dogysamich.
heres the cons.
dk can grab kirby even if he crouches.
dks grabs lead to death. up air kills at low percents especially on yoshis island.
edgeguards
dk is wicked heavy.
awesome ko moves
and heres the pros:
dk gets spiked hes screwed(dair or cutter even)
kirbicides
thats it.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think DK is less overwhelming than Fox. Fox's speed and lasers are just stupid. Like, ultra stupid.

Although in exchange he's a lot harder to knock offstage and DKs tend to be safer in general. In all seriousness I think I'm really just underrating the DK/Kirby matchup's general **** level because I haven't played a good DK with Kirby.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
you know... i've still never played a kirby since that fresno tourney... idk... i wonder who i would use now if i played a kirbs in tourney. maybe ganon. he sounds fun.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I don't mean PKM as in "PKM is the only good DK" but rather "PKM because he's the only DK who lives within a reasonable driving/traveling distance and he's also very good with DK". I'm not sure if you were even responding in a negative tone but because it's the internet I can't tell >_>

Although I'll play Mexican if I get the chance.

Top Bottom