• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

B0NK

Smash Lord
for the record, i learned to chain grab on my own (tediously), cuz the videos on youtube sucked, and I hate reading through pages and pages of people asking how to chain grab then people answering "its posted on the boards, look it up", since clearly thats what i'm doing (and failing), and also, reading a tutorial is like reading a bad novel, when **** can easily be explained in 5 simple instructions

cuz posting is way easier, and doesn't require you to spend 20 minutes searching and reading,
I hate to tell you, but that's the best way to learn. You think most top climber players just had someone tell them how to CG? In most if not all cases the answer is no. Learning on your own ("tediously as you explained it) allows you to pick up on your own visual and auditory cues to get the timing down. Since that's all most of the CG's are, timing (some strict, some not so much).

So would you rather me explain my own visual or auditory cues for the timing (which may be hard to understand itself) or would you rather you learn your own timing and what's easier for you. Just because many IC players use b-throw>d-throw on light weights doesn't mean it's the best way for you or other new IC players. (For example I know some prefer B-throw>f-throw or b-throw>b-throw).

So don't complain about taking 20 minutes because it may take you 6 months to understand the timing and intricacies of the character to be very effective with them (of course this is different from player to player) Don't act like no one on this board took the "20 minutes" out of there time in order to find this information when they were starting off. It's a character with a high learning curve and if you are complaining about it then go play MK or D3. (And guess what, those characters may take months to have a great understanding of their gameplay too, it's just apart of any fighter).

Chain

Smash Rookie
Yeah i know every character is hard to master, im not saying im going to learn it in a couple of days. Im just wondering what the 2 best cg characters are. I know ICs is one of them and im not sure about the 2nd. Again i want my 2nd cg character to be able to cg on almost any character.

Oh and quick question... which is an easier way to 0-death with ics.. b-throw>b-throw or b-throw>d-throw? Like i said im pretty new to ICs so i dont know all this stuff. I mean i know how to 0-80 cg with ease but my hardest thing to do right now is b-throw and im working on it a lot.

You guys are really helpful and i thank you for that :)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
who the **** are you people, and why are you talking like you know anything? (b0nk, this doesn't apply to you since you've been here fro a while)

and chain, gtfo off these boards. "chain grab style" is code for "i suck at this game". learn to play the character, not the gimmicks.

Chain

Smash Rookie
FrozenHobo who the **** are you to tell me how to play the game. If i want to cg everytime i get the chance i will. Oh and fyi i dont just cg, i actually know other tactics in the game its just cging is the most useful for me so i use it mostly.

How bout this.. you play how you want to and i play how i want to.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
the way you play reflects poorly on the rest of the IC mains who actually know what they're doing. spamming grabs is not the way to get people to think of you as a good player and its definitely not the way to get good. if you want to play your way, fine, but you do it on your own. we don't need another random person in here asking how to CG and then wonders why they suck when people **** them.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
But it gives off a bad impression on all Ice Climbers, not just himself. You always represent more than just yourself, you rep your character.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Eh guys, chill. IC's don't exactly have the greatest rep to begin with. If he just spams grabs, he's going to get beat, and no one is gonna think twice about it. But yes, the best way to learn is to try it yourself. Especially with Ice Climbers. It's okay to ask for help.

Prawn

Smash Master
hai guys how does i do dat thing when u throw the guy back and forth and does damage?

so broken i wanna learn

r3d d09

Smash Master
the rep that we want is where people have to avoid us. When ever a new person comes to a tourney, they always tell me" you main IC's, i'm not going to get in grab range" I love hearing that. that's the rep we want. to where people are afraid of seeing an IC in a bracket.

How it use to be when you saw an MK when no one knew how to play against him... that's what we want as an IC rep.

sauc3

Smash Lord
But it gives off a bad impression on all Ice Climbers, not just himself. You always represent more than just yourself, you rep your character.
lol, I'm sure you've played a bad mk, and just ***** him, and after that was over did you really think less of mk as a character? No. And I'm sure all the other good mk's wouldn't mind if there was an inaffective mk "representing" them poorly.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Metaknight is different than ICs though. We know that Metaknight is considerably better than everyone else. ICs aren't on the same level as MK. Imo.

sauc3

Smash Lord
Metaknight is different than ICs though. We know that Metaknight is considerably better than everyone else. ICs aren't on the same level as MK. Imo.
hmm, must be a region thing, when I played ics in the GTA scene, everyone was scared ****-less of them. Ambrose must have envoked teh fear.

Smoom77

Smash Master
hmm, must be a region thing, when I played ics in the GTA scene, everyone was scared ****-less of them. Ambrose must have envoked teh fear.
...define scared. People get nervous to play my ICs. But how can we decide if it's ICs or the player? An Ice Climbers survey should be on the way...wahahahah.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
ice climber mains are so gay with each other its ridiculous.

first talking about mk then flirting back and forth over whos crazy or not then telling each other about how you love each other the only reason they arent posting atm is cuz they are eFapping or some **** like that like they aint got nothin better to do

EDIT:
also before yall trip, jus remember yall would still be sliding away from people when you shield if it werent for me \O_o/

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This is a Q&A thread.

Stop spamming people, take it to the social thread.

Variable

Smash Ace
I've got a question on Chain grabbing.... I can do most chain grabs except the alternating chain with popo and nana.

So, I grab with popo, then forward throw, and you're supposed to desynch and grab with nana, and repeat, but everytime I forward throw and nana runs out there she never grabs, or half the time nana stays where she is... It's confusing...

Smoom77

Smash Master
You have to learn the muscle memory. Just keep practicing. If she runs, you're pressing too hard. If she doesn't move, you're not pressing hard enough.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
im trying the alternating down throw to back throw chain grab and im having trouble when i go to the back throw.

im down throwing with popo and moving nana forward and then re-grabbing with np there, and i hold forward so popo will follow nana forward getting ready to back throw from nana to popo but sometimes nana forward throws while im holding forward. what am i doing wrong?

any suggestions so that i can stop doing this?

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
you need to desync the two, then you are able to mostly control Nana. watch some videos of kakera on youtube and you can see how he uses Nana.
I'll have to check that out then, soon. Thanks. I always try to chain grab, and she always falls behind... So it fails epicly for me... :/

Top Bottom