• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Disney Discussion

Are you excited for Toy Story 4?

• No, I thought the trilogy ended perfectly. Pixar should move onto something else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I never really liked Toy Story.

• Yes, I didn't really grow up with the original trilogy but I would love to see the characters again!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Toy Story was the beginning of something truly special and legendary for both Pixar, Disney and the animated film genre as a whole. The film was a major success and with a story and characters like that, rightfully so. I'm very thankful that Pixar has continued the stories of the toys even after the wonderful third film came along. The main story may have been perfectly and respectfully concluded but it's hard to abandon those characters and never see them animated together again. So here's hoping Pixar will ensure that Toy Story 4 can capture that magic once again, partners. :p

Happy Anniversary, Toy Story.

_________

I'm sorry to go into a different subject, but since it premiered last night I have to ask again: Did anyone else check out the Lion Guard premiere movie on Disney Channel last night?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So how about today's Gravity Falls?

The sheer wait for the finale is gonna kill me considering it's coming in 2016...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So how about today's Gravity Falls?

The sheer wait for the finale is gonna kill me considering it's coming in 2016...
Haven't seen it quite yet. I've never really tried the streams.

I'm already hyped for the finale though, and in pain just knowing how long the wait will be....

I didn't, but I may have to check it out whenever it's available online. Is it any good or what?
Personally I thought it was. A lot of fairly nice tie-ins to the first movie and a good moral about the Circle of Life. There's also some songs, naturally. The Hyenas even get a song of their own, and while it can't live up or compare to Be Prepared or My Lullaby, it ends in the traditional style of Lion King villain songs, so I like the little throwback they did with it.

Kiara from the second movie is in it too, though I find that her personality is a tad different from the movie. Might just be because she has a younger brother now though. :p

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Gotta go sssssssssssssssllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww.........

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Personally I thought it was. A lot of fairly nice tie-ins to the first movie and a good moral about the Circle of Life. There's also some songs, naturally. The Hyenas even get a song of their own, and while it can't live up or compare to Be Prepared or My Lullaby, it ends in the traditional style of Lion King villain songs, so I like the little throwback they did with it.

Kiara from the second movie is in it too, though I find that her personality is a tad different from the movie. Might just be because she has a younger brother now though. :p
I might check it out then. I'm not gonna be very optimistic about it considering it's a movie meant for preschoolers. Usually something made for that demographic makes me cringe as an adult. But, as a longtime fan of TLK, I'm still gonna watch it. I'm sure it won't be that bad.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
So I'm curious, what do you guys think is the catchiest Disney song of all time? It can be from a movie, show, or game as long as its owned by Disney.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
For those of us who patiently waited...
2016 is going to be a good year.

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
I saw The Good Dinosaur last night. It's a fun ride even if you know where the plot is going. Spot did not annoy me as much as I thought he would with the dog behaviors. He even has some cat behaviors as well.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
A special Thanksgiving gift from our The Incredibles II director, Brad Bird:
I love Giacchino's work so this is great news.

On the Toy Story 4 news (I've skipped over this one for whatever reason) but Patricia Arquette is currently in talks to do Toy Story 4. No official word from her or Pixar themselves it seems. Rumor has it that she will be the voice of what is described as a "Hippie mother"...but I'll take these with a grain of salt for now.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
A special Thanksgiving gift from our The Incredibles II director, Brad Bird:
I love Giacchino's work so this is great news.

On the Toy Story 4 news (I've skipped over this one for whatever reason) but Patricia Arquette is currently in talks to do Toy Story 4. No official word from her or Pixar themselves it seems. Rumor has it that she will be the voice of what is described as a "Hippie mother"...but I'll take these with a grain of salt for now.
Wasn't Giacchino already confirmed to be composing the sequel's soundtrack well before November, they announced that pretty early? (All I want is the news on casting and hoping the Jack-Jack rumors are dead for good as of right now I have yet to see any news regarding the super-baby at all lately (I know many are going to throw curveballs at me for this, but a sequel focusing on Jack-Jack is trending towards Mater-territory as he would kill any story chances for the rest of the family, he's better off doing those shorts as proven in Jack-Jack Attack, he shines far better when his family's not around), I want my Helen focused sequel storyline with a little Dash of VioletxTony moments on-screen, even if Tony pulls an evil Mirage turn and betrays Violet to the enemy, but I'm sure Bird will create a new love interest for her (as long as it's not a Wilbur look-alike.)

As for the Patricia Arquette as the hippie mom rumor for Toy Story 4, she seems like somebody who would be Bo's current owner, I'd be happy if it turned out to be true, Toy Story needs hippie moms, more so than Mars needing moms (what was Disney thinking?)

Also Good Dinosaur is out and it seems to be as good as Brave/Monsters University (maybe even better), and I just ordered a Davy Jones Infinity figurine to finish off the Pirates franchise, might be gunning for Hulkbuster and Vader next, and if we still have $ left over from seeing the Force Awakens (Kylo Ren).

Last edited:

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman

Wasn't Giacchino already confirmed to be composing the sequel's soundtrack well before November, they announced that pretty early? (All I want is the news on casting and hoping the Jack-Jack rumors are dead for good as of right now I have yet to see any news regarding the super-baby at all lately (I know many are going to throw curveballs at me for this, but a sequel focusing on Jack-Jack is trending towards Mater-territory as he would kill any story chances for the rest of the family, he's better off doing those shorts as proven in Jack-Jack Attack, he shines far better when his family's not around), I want my Helen focused sequel storyline with a little Dash of VioletxTony moments on-screen, even if Tony pulls an evil Mirage turn and betrays Violet to the enemy, but I'm sure Bird will create a new love interest for her (as long as it's not a Wilbur look-alike.)

As for the Patricia Arquette as the hippie mom rumor for Toy Story 4, she seems like somebody who would be Bo's current owner, I'd be happy if it turned out to be true, Toy Story needs hippie moms, more so than Mars needing moms (what was Disney thinking?)

Also Good Dinosaur is out and it seems to be as good as Brave/Monsters University (maybe even better), and I just ordered a Davy Jones Infinity figurine to finish off the Pirates franchise, might be gunning for Hulkbuster and Vader next, and if we still have $ left over from seeing the Force Awakens (Kylo Ren).
Well then, if I may ask, what did you think of Brave and Monsters University considering that you've compared it to be as good as The Good Dinosaur? I would like your insight as I've yet to see the film.

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
Well then, if I may ask, what did you think of Brave and Monsters University considering that you've compared it to be as good as The Good Dinosaur? I would like your insight as I've yet to see the film.
While not the person you asked, I saw that movie on Wednesday and I would say it would close to the same tier as the first Cars movie. You know where the plot is going, but you may like it for one viewing. The Good Dinosaur does have the better main characters and side characters compared to Cars though so I would put it a bit higher on the best Pixar movie list. I would put Monsters University higher than them because the third act blew me away and I do like Monsters Inc. which may bias me a bit.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I saw parts of Brave when ABC Family premiered it last year and I heard it was pretty good (and mostly because of Merida even though the story I felt was a little weak), never saw Monsters University yet (more likely going to premier next year on the re-branded FreeForm (or whatever ABC Family is going to be called when it's re-branded next year).

But I'm taking ShinyGirafarig ShinyGirafarig 's word for it The Good Dinosaur has a far better cast of characters than Cars, I'm probably going to put it slightly above Brave and Monsters University as a slightly superior film.

But who's hyped up for Finding Dory? Also it seems the news regarding the unused scenes from the 1st Incredibles film (this means scenes that were axed, like the extended dinner scene (with the missing Violet speech), extended ending scene (likely with them showing Dash actually finishing the race rather than panning back to the family excited and some VioletXTony moments) and a few missing scenes involving Syndrome are confirmed to be in the sequel (I'm betting the Syndrome scenes will be flashbacks via either Jack-Jack or Mirage as I don't picture him actually returning in physical form since no one can survive getting his cape caught in a plane's engine as the plane explodes as the plane crashes), this also means the Parrs rebuild their house rather than moving, since the missing scenes from the 1st film takes place in the house.

EDIT: And it seems more is being revealed, as Bird just posted a major plot reveal for the 2nd installment, on his Twitter account the sequel as many has predicted will be themed around Jack-Jack, the setting is 5 years later (with Violet now in collage and Dash taking Violet's old school by storm) Bob and Helen are nearing retirement trying to raise a 6 year old rebel J-J who cannot control his powers (with Violet and Dash taking over their old duties protecting Metroville, this definitely explains why Bird's not going full superhero with the sequel as he wants to focus more on the family's lives outside of their suits while doing superhero things), and we got some design hints mainly for Violet and Dash regarding their looks in the upcoming sequel.

Violet and Dash will mostly remain unchanged during the timeskip with some minor additions (mostly likely to age em up a bit, but Dash will still have the cool but cocky attitude look like he had in the 1st film (only much taller as he would look out of place in West View Jr. High if he was still short and stocky like he was in the 1st film), while Violet retains her iconic thin frame and long raven hair but now as an adult as we get to see what collage she ends up in.)

I'm soo going to expect a short focusing on Violet trying to balance her personal life in collage while getting pulled into doing multiple superhero antics to the point that she gets exhausted, that would be hilarious (or Dash prank calling Violet into doing those said superheroic antics would be even funnier, Violet would freak out to find out her brother set her up to do those stunts.)

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It was inevitable... Buzz Lightyear joins Fallout 4. And he grew a beard to fit in with the rugged setting. :p

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
It was only a matter of time. It's even more ironic when...
...Paladin Danse doesn't realize that he's a synth and not a true human being. Buzz Lightyear, much?

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
I really can't think of Disney/Pixar anymore after I've seen Inside Out. Gotta see it again. SOO good!

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
Tots. I got the annoying bubblegum commercial song as my ring tone :p Also working on a comic based on it that I'm yet to finish.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
And for the 1st time since Cars 2, Pixar has had a box office bomb in The Good Dinosaur.

Only reason that happened proves that Disney/Pixar should not release 2 films in 1 year (shame since the next 2 films a year is in 2017, watch as Cars 3 becomes a hit, while Coco fails harder than a ton of tacos).

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
And for the 1st time since Cars 2, Pixar has had a box office bomb in The Good Dinosaur.

Only reason that happened proves that Disney/Pixar should not release 2 films in 1 year (shame since the next 2 films a year is in 2017, watch as Cars 3 becomes a hit, while Coco fails harder than a ton of tacos).
Is it due to the marketing? I don't remember seeing that many advertisements for it on TV besides one or maybe two commercials for it. Guess this is what happens when you release a movie around the same time as the new Hunger Games movie. I still want to see The Good Dinosaur, but it's still pretty depressing to see yet another Pixar movie not doing very well. I hate to say this, but from the looks of things, they may become the next DreamWorks, and we all know how badly they're doing lately.

Cars 3 better not become a hit. I want that franchise to die already.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I don't bloody believe it.

After all this time I thought we could finally out Ward to rest and move on, but noooooo, of course he has to survive getting shot through the heart >_>

Maybe its a Chitauri or some crap like that, but regardless its so stupid he is alive.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
^Considering I'm doing the whole "I'm a week behind so I can watch it for free on ABC's website" thing, I won't open that. :p

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco

After all this time I thought we could finally out Ward to rest and move on, but noooooo, of course he has to survive getting shot through the heart >_>

Maybe its a Chitauri or some crap like that, but regardless its so stupid he is alive.
He's not. His body is contaminated by IT, that doesn't make him alive at all. I suppose IT will change to another host any time in the next episodes cause a host with no chest won't hold for long.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So through the magic of a friend's DVR setup thing I was able to see it! :p

I can confirm what was said above. Ward is dead, but his dead body is being used as a host by IT, like what happened with Will.

A lot of people are speculating IT to be the MCU's version of The Hive, due to the whole possession/tentacle/debuting-in-Secret-Warriors thing.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The only live-action comic-based show I watch regularly is Gotham so this sounds like a new language to me.

Don't forget to tune into ABC's "Toy Story at 20" special tonight at 8:00 PM EST!

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
The only live-action comic-based show I watch regularly is Gotham so this sounds like a new language to me.

Don't forget to tune into ABC's "Toy Story at 20" special tonight at 8:00 PM EST!
Just watched thanks to you mentioning it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I recently returned from a Disneyland Christmas vacation with my family so I thought I'd say something about it here:

I really like all the Star Wars stuff they've been doing for Tomorrowland (they're temporarily redone Space Mountain with a Star Wars theme, the former Innoventions building houses loads of Star Wars and Marvel stuff, including props, models, even getting to take some photos with some characters) although I am rather upset that they're removing a good chunk of Frontier Land (to be specific, Big Thunder Ranch, which includes a petting zoo, an outdoor restaurant, a stage with seasonal shows, areas where Reindeer were kept during December, among other things) just to add a Star Wars themed land in it's location. Star Tours and other parts of Tomorrowland cover enough Star Wars stuff, and combine that with their plans including the removal of a good portion of Frontier Land, I think they're milking it a little too much here.

Regardless of my disappointment with the plans they have for a soon to be former Frontier Land section of the park, I'm still very excited for the new Star Wars film.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
People are taking to calling the IT-possessed Ward corpse SquidWard now, and that's beautiful. :laugh:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
New Zootopia poster. Looks pretty interesting to see all the anthropomorphic animals.

In more recent news, I'm very excited for Star Wars Episode VII! I might have to see it on Saturday due to how busy I'll be next week.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
New Zootopia poster. Looks pretty interesting to see all the anthropomorphic animals.

In more recent news, I'm very excited for Star Wars Episode VII! I might have to see it on Saturday due to how busy I'll be next week.
The image is broken apparently, and speaking of Episode VII, I'm seeing that like a week or 2 after it opens with my mom and bro, since we can't stand crowded theaters.

Also 700th post.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The post should be good now. In the meantime, I found these hilarious parody posters for Zootopia based on other films. The Straight Otter Zootopia is my favorite.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
The post should be good now. In the meantime, I found these hilarious parody posters for Zootopia based on other films. The Straight Otter Zootopia is my favorite.
The 1st 4 are funny, but the last one is super adorable, would have made more sense if Judy was wearing the same outfit that Rey was in her poster.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
So does anyone here have any idea who the remaining characters are for Disney Infinity 3.0
I believe all or almost all of the Marvel ones were leaked.
Who do you expect for the 15 Disney originals?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So does anyone here have any idea who the remaining characters are for Disney Infinity 3.0
I believe all or almost all of the Marvel ones were leaked.
Who do you expect for the 15 Disney originals?
For reference, all but one Marvel character was leaked (it was said that there'd be four more, yes, but apparently it was also said that the new Cap figure was made after those four, so he's an extra). That character, I think, is Scarlet Witch. Or at the very least it should be.

It's actually not 15, but 12 Originals that are left remaining, with five more for Star Wars as well, supposedly.

For Star Wars, I can see them adding Lando, Grievous, Captain Phasma, and the Emperor, as well as a wildcard of some sort. Lando would be pulling a Yondu for this game by being both an NPC and a playable character. R2-D2, C-3PO, and BB8 are confirmed to not be playable as of a recent interview.

For the 12 Originals, I can see:

1. Baloo
2. Cruella
(These two have been on numerous official polls)
3. Goofy
(Breaks the tradition of one of the classics per game, but I think his popularity warrants it)
4. Belle
5. Beast
(Beauty and the Beast remains a popular choice for figures and is getting a new film soon)
6. Dipper
7. Mabel
8. POSSIBLY Grunkle Stan if they go full-on playset
(Gravity Falls figures are among the most requested, and with the series ending, now's the best time)
9. Kim Possible
(Her voice actress was spotted in lots of PR photos with John Vignocchi and signs point to her being a likely choice)
10. Genie
(One of the most requested characters)
11. Alice
12. Mad Hatter
(Sadly I'm sure it'll be the live action versions, considering Through The Looking Glass is on the horizon))

Those are my picks, anyway.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
For reference, all but one Marvel character was leaked (it was said that there'd be four more, yes, but apparently it was also said that the new Cap figure was made after those four, so he's an extra). That character, I think, is Scarlet Witch. Or at the very least it should be.

It's actually not 15, but 12 Originals that are left remaining, with five more for Star Wars as well, supposedly.

For Star Wars, I can see them adding Lando, Grievous, Captain Phasma, and the Emperor, as well as a wildcard of some sort. Lando would be pulling a Yondu for this game by being both an NPC and a playable character. R2-D2, C-3PO, and BB8 are confirmed to not be playable as of a recent interview.

For the 12 Originals, I can see:

1. Baloo
2. Cruella
(These two have been on numerous official polls)
3. Goofy
(Breaks the tradition of one of the classics per game, but I think his popularity warrants it)
4. Belle
5. Beast
(Beauty and the Beast remains a popular choice for figures and is getting a new film soon)
6. Dipper
7. Mabel
8. POSSIBLY Grunkle Stan if they go full-on playset
(Gravity Falls figures are among the most requested, and with the series ending, now's the best time)
9. Kim Possible
(Her voice actress was spotted in lots of PR photos with John Vignocchi and signs point to her being a likely choice)
10. Genie
(One of the most requested characters)
11. Alice
12. Mad Hatter
(Sadly I'm sure it'll be the live action versions, considering Through The Looking Glass is on the horizon))

Those are my picks, anyway.
Yes I agree with this list, the only characters I want that aren't on this list are Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Gopher, Milo, Vinny, and Mole.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yes I agree with this list, the only characters I want that aren't on this list are Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Gopher, Milo, Vinny, and Mole.
Interesting to see another Atlantis: The Lost Empire fan. :p Love that movie.

There are a few I'd love that aren't on there, mainly Quasimodo, Pooh, Hercules, Pinocchio, and the Muppets for the Disney side. The 3.0 lineup basically has all the Star Wars characters I want barring R2, but he was deemed ineligible. And for the Marvel side, beyond Scarlet Witch, I'd love to see Agent Coulson and Quake (oh hell, an Agents of SHIELD playset), Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage (to complete the Defenders since Iron Fist's already in), Doctor Strange (though with his movie coming late next year, he's a good bet for 4.0), and Ghost Rider.

Oh, and the Hatbox Ghost for the Disney side, despite a Parks-exclusive character probably not being likely.

Last edited:
Top Bottom