• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Disney Discussion

Are you excited for Toy Story 4?

• No, I thought the trilogy ended perfectly. Pixar should move onto something else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I never really liked Toy Story.

• Yes, I didn't really grow up with the original trilogy but I would love to see the characters again!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hell yes.

I just wanna know what games are getting cameo'd this time. Maybe DOCTAH WAHWEE could get in this time, or hell, maybe the sequel could branch to Microsoft and Sony associated characters given that it's most likely being set in the not too distant future.

I would **** bricks if Ralph met Crash Bandicoot or Spyro, for instance.

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
I'm wary because the original movie is my fave out of all Disney Canon movies. I hope this movie will not take some of the hater's complaints too seriously and shove in cameos every five seconds but actually have a story.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I doubt references will overtake the film. Look at Toy Story, there are loads of references to old toys but the story holds a much larger weight.

Seeing how great the original was, I'm not worried about this one.

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
Haters also were not happy with most of it taking place in Sugar Rush but it fit the storyline well enough.

Now that Vanellope has far more ability to move around, even in her familiar green clothes, (some thought she can only go around in Princess Clothes) confirmed in the tie in book set around Christmas, the movie will definitely go to more places

So what genres would you want this movie to cover? I theorize that home consoles will be covered so I can see MMOs, a JRPG (I can see a joke about characters asking why the characters won't move until the others do or in a set timer), the sim game they scrapped in the original, and maybe a fighting game.

My theory for home consoles is that characters live in the memory card rather than the game itself when the owner shuts it. They stay alive due to the console either having a standby mode and therefore always having some power or the electricity itself due to vampire power (that is a device is plugged in and shut but still takes in electricity anyway). The memory card functions like an apartment building. Each slot in the memory card devoted to a single game. They can visit other home consoles (such as residents of Wii U visiting a PS4) by power cords like how arcade cabinets are connected by power cords in the first movie.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Never really cared for Once Upon a Time but it seems that they're adding in Merida.
At least she looks better than Elsa...I guess.
Haters also were not happy with most of it taking place in Sugar Rush but it fit the storyline well enough.

So what genres would you want this movie to cover? I theorize that home consoles will be covered so I can see MMOs, a JRPG (I can see a joke about characters asking why the characters won't move until the others do or in a set timer), the sim game they scrapped in the original, and maybe a fighting game.
I'd like to see them tackle a dating Sim and RPG for hilarity.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
WiR2 could very easily be about ports.

Arcade games have been ported to many home consoles over the years, so it's very easy to justify Ralph running around in a PS Memory Card or PC's hard drive. This could then lead to the exploration of different genres.

Or hell, imagine if they added the scenario of Ralph being in a terrible game(make it an expy of Air Control or Rascal or Bubsy 3D or something) and him pointing out every flaw that impedes him.

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
Imagine just this once Disney and Pixar will make an animated Toy Story/Wreck-it Ralph crossover short and the plot will be about Amiibo/Disney Infinity/Skylander-like things (probably won't use actual Disney Infinity stuff as people will just say the short is mere advertising so they will make a fictional counterpart anyway) and the toy counterpart and the video game counterpart get into an argument about who is better.

For WiR2 I really hope they do not go the romantic love interest route for Ralph. I prefer seeing other kinds of relationships like the bro/sis relationship in Ralph and Vanellope. Glad the romantic subplot in the original was saved for the side characters.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Somehow I just thought that Felix and Calhoun marrying is the equivalent to literal cross-game shipping.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
It's about damn time. Wreck-It Ralph 2 confirmed!

Well it didn't take Ralph and Vanellope 10+ years to wait for a sequel to be made (looking at you Parr family).

As for the sequel's plot probably going to focus on ports and online stuff and they better include Mario or shrooms will fly and someone will be flipping Bowsers.

Never really cared for Once Upon a Time but it seems that they're adding in Merida.
At least she looks better than Elsa...I guess.
Another reason why Once Upon a Time needs to be canned asap, they are ruining Disney classics by making their characters live action and worse they are going to ruin my favorite Princess in Merida (why must you do this to me Disney, Merida needs to stay in Pixar's world what's next? Live Action Incredibles to appear on the show), now people are going to request live action Merida to be a costume swap for Pixar Merida in Infinity (people are already requesting Once Upon a Time characters for crying out loud), plus I'll never forgive OUaT for causing Extreme Makeover Home Edition's cancellation.

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
An issue WiR had that is that it had to balance the game aspect for gamers as well as attract an audience for those who don't necessarily play games. That may be a reason why they were stuck in Sugar Rush for quite a bit. They can't just throw video game genre after video game genre in our faces because of that. A movie like Frozen has a setting that is easily identifiable which is that many people want to be king/queen with powers and therefore there is not that much of a big hurdle to pull in a crowd.

Would the sequel be able to find the right balance that may make most of the gamer crowd and nongamer crowd happy? It seems that for the first movie it was effective enough with a good amount of reviews from critics as well as a good box office but I understand people wanting to go through many video game genres and I would like that as well. I am sure nongamers are familiar with MMOs, Sim games and fighters thanks to popular culture so they can probably be used effectively. In the first movie, nongamers should be also familiar with racers, shooters and classic style arcade games so may be why they were used.

Also full The Good Dinosaur Trailer

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
That trailer is heavy with emotions. Plus this still looks very good. Pixar's CGI continues to amaze me.

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
I find it looks awkward with the very cartoony dinosaur and the very detailed background. I also find Spot (human) contrasts slightly with Arlo (dinosaur). But art style barely stops me from seeing any animated movie anyway.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
It would be interesting to see how they would make Rex fit with TGD's artstyle.

Personally, I like the contrast.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
That trailer is heavy with emotions. Plus this still looks very good. Pixar's CGI continues to amaze me.
Oh god, now I just only imagine how great the Incredibles 2's animation will be compared to the 1st film.

This film might be great after all.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Since we are near approaching D23 in less than 3 weeks, I have found loads of new and exciting Disney-related news!

Don Rickles confirmed for Toy Story 4
Kicking off this long post, Don Rickles (the voice of Mr. Potato Head) is back to supply his vocal talents for the latest Toy Story installment. Fans of his character and his work should be pleased that he's ready to make more memorable lines.

Source: http://www.slashfilm.com/don-rickles-toy-story-4/

Disney Store's Merchandise from D23
A few of what Disney Store has to offer for attendees at D23 include:
  • Disney Fairytale Designer Collection –Happily ever after meets happily evil in Disney Store’s newest series of the Disney Fairytale Designer Collection being previewed at D23 EXPO. Featuring five sets of Limited Edition pairs, these collector doll sets were designed by Disney Store artists and carefully crafted to capture the beauty and romance of fairytale friends and foes.

Available for the first time at D23 EXPO, guests can pre-purchase the complete set of five Hero/Villain pairs prior to the general public pre-sale beginning online Monday, September 14.

Following the preview at D23 EXPO, the doll sets will be released and available for purchase in stores and online starting September 29, with a new pair released each week. Each set is limited to an edition of 6,000 globally and comes with a Certificate of Authenticity.

This line expands into a collection of apparel, mugs, journals, home décor and more, available to the general public in stores and online on September 14.
  • Once Upon a Time – Continuing the ‘heroes and villains’ theme, Disney Store will introduce the Once Upon a Time Snow White and Evil Queen Doll Collection, available exclusively at D23 EXPO. Limited to an edition of 300, the doll collection, inspired by ABC Studios’ television series Once Upon a Time, brings to life the beauty, magic and charm of the iconic fairytale characters from the show.

Exclusively for guests who purchase the doll set at D23 EXPO, Ginnifer Goodwin (Snow White) and Lana Parrilla (The Evil Queen) will be available for an autograph signing at the ABC booth on the D23 EXPO floor from 4 – 4:45 p.m. on Saturday, August 15. This special opportunity will be followed by the Once Upon a Time panel taking place in Stage 23 from 6 – 7 p.m.
  • Star Wars – Disney Store will launch an exclusive collection of Star Wars items at the EXPO on Friday, August 14. The collection will feature apparel, collectibles, and toys, including the Star Wars Elite Series, a new line of highly articulated and detailed die cast action figures, representing characters from Star Wars Episodes I-VI. The action figures will be sold individually at Disney Store locations beginning later this year; however, EXPO attendees have the opportunity to purchase the full set of Star Wars Elite Series action figures, which includes D23 EXPO-exclusive versions of R2-D2 and C-3PO.

Additionally at the D23 EXPO, Disney Store will introduce Star Wars Legion Helmets, a series of eight vinyl collectible helmets inspired by the Star Wars Legion Helmet project launched in early 2014. Celebrating creativity and Star Wars, the project pulled together artists from across The Walt Disney Company, resulting in 300 stormtrooper helmets being transformed into diverse pieces of art, which inspired these collectible recreations – epic additions to every Empire.
  • Toy Story 20th Anniversary – In celebration of the 20th Anniversary of Disney∙Pixar's Toy Story, Disney Store gleaned art from the adored film’s archives to illustrate the evolution of the beloved characters, Buzz and Woody. Featuring toys, collectibles, apparel and more, this collection will be released at the Disney Store shop at D23 EXPO on Friday, August 14.
  • Disney Tsum Tsum –All-new collections of everyone’s favorite stackable plush will be unveiled at D23 EXPO, with one releasing each day in limited quantities in mini, medium and large sizes. In addition, limited-edition mini box series – exclusive to D23 EXPO – will be released along with each collection, and a Mickey Mouse Tsum Tsum mini vinyl figure will be available for $5 with any purchase, while supplies last.
Link to D23 webpage: https://d23.com/disney-store-at-d23-expo-2015/

Medicom's Ultimate Woody, Elsa, and Anna dolls

If you've been following this thread, the news for Woody isn't a big surprise since I geeked out over him for a while but the introduction of Elsa and Anna in the "Real Action Heroes" Line comes as a big surprise. These Medicom figures were displayed with the other Medicom products in the Diamond Selects section at Comic Con. The Woody costs around $380 while Elsa and Anna cost around $217, each. Knowing Frozen's popularity and Toy Story's 20th Anniversary, these were shoe-ins for collectible figures. Now if only they could make a Buzz and Jessie....

Silly Symphony Collection Boxset

This special boxset includes all 75 soundtracks from the Silly Symphony shorts from 1929-39. The pre-orders for the set will be available first to D23 attendees and will later be open on August 17th at the Disney Music Emporium.
Link to website: http://www.disneymusicemporium.com/silly-symphony/

ABC's The Muppets 10-Minute Pilot
This is a 10-minute pilot for the mockumentary-style Muppets TV series that will premiere on ABC on September 22nd. The show will balance between appealing to both children and adults.

That's all from me! What are you fanatics looking forward to at D23?

Last edited:

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
I'm no fan of stylized dinosaurs, but The Good Dinosaur gets props for properly depicting Tyrannosaurus with non-pronated hands.

Allegedly the Velociraptors will have feathers. Interested to see how that will turn out.

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
You can vote for the next Disney Infinity character from a list of choices here. So no Soras here:

http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disne...to-choose-the-next-disney-infinity-character/

Also Dory is on the list. A fish! I now don't want to hear why quadrupeds can not be considered for playable characters.

I am not sure if I want Mabel or Darkwing Duck more. Mabel for a Disney show I enjoy now or Darkwing Duck for a show I enjoyed in my childhood. I don't even own any Disney Infinity game. I just like seeing my favorite character being supported (so happy WiR figures were made before even Frozen the movie came out [Anna and Elsa figures were made more for advertising the Frozen movie before it came out, that's why they do not have a playset] otherwise WiR characters would probably be overshadowed and not come out for a long time).

Oh wait, you can comment for characters you do not see on the list? Guess you can try to get your Soras afterall.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
You can vote for the next Disney Infinity character from a list of choices here. So no Soras here:
http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney/2015/07/23/you-get-to-choose-the-next-disney-infinity-character/
Also Dory is on the list. A fish! I now don't want to hear why quadrupeds can not be considered for playable characters.

I am not sure if I want Mabel or Darkwing Duck more. Mabel for a Disney show I enjoy now or Darkwing Duck for a show I enjoyed in my childhood. I don't even own any Disney Infinity game. I just like seeing my favorite character being supported (so happy WiR figures were made before even Frozen the movie came out [Anna and Elsa figures were made more for advertising the Frozen movie before it came out, that's why they do not have a playset] otherwise WiR characters would probably be overshadowed and not come out for a long time).

Oh wait, you can comment for characters you do not see on the list? Guess you can try to get your Soras afterall.
It's going to be Darkwing Duck or Dipper and Mabel that wins out due to popularity (kind of weird that Mabel's on this list but Dipper isn't, also weird that both Dory and Ariel who are swimming characters are also on that list as well, swimming isn't being introduced until 4.0 at the latest as they are still having issues with the swimming mechanic for every character (the 4 Cars characters could be given propellers to solve that issue easily and Darth Vader is a cyborg/human that relies on his inhaler to stay alive he would short circuit the moment he touched water as most of his armor is powered by electricity, he'd be the only character in the entire game who can't swim, just like he's the only character who can't run normally.)

Sora is only on that list just so that way the Final Fantasy fanboys/girls can get a Final Fantasy-like character in the game (as we know Cloud, ect has no shot of being in the game), they still need Square's permission to use him outside of the Kingdom Hearts series, then again Disney wants Mario and Pikachu for Infinity so it's not surprising that Sora might get in, I'm kind of against adding him amongst the other Disney characters outside of Mickey, Goofy and Donald as he feels more like a Final Fantasy character than a Disney character to me.

Only time will tell.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'm voting for Zurg. He's among my favorite Toy Story characters.

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
I'm kind of against adding him amongst the other Disney characters outside of Mickey, Goofy and Donald as he feels more like a Final Fantasy character than a Disney character to me.
I really do not see Sora as a Disney character at all (I know he is owned by Disney). I also have some beef with any KH games after the first game due to the decreasing importance of Disney in the main scheme of things and I feel that Disney is only mere filler at this point in that series so I would not care for him to be added to Infinity but I am not that petty to be so salty if he is in Infinity.

I did like KH1 back in the day. I feel it was the only game in the KH series that did the Disney crossover aspect well. I am always fond of anything that crosses over a universe so I really liked House of Mouse.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I'm voting for Zurg. He's among my favorite Toy Story characters.
The 1 guy along with Ferb who was found in the 1st game's coding for playable status, would like to see him playable, but I don't know if they even care about adding him.

I hope they add in Isabella from P&F, she's soo cute, plus she'd go good with my Violet and Vanellope figures.

Not sure if this part is true, but I found out what site had the Incredibles 2 rumors of the kids replacing the parents as the heroes (it was on Rotoscope's site), and the report of Bird squashing those rumors are true, the Parents are going to be the main characters once again, probably going to focus on Elastigirl this time around as every Pixar film lately has had a female lead.

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
The 1 guy along with Ferb who was found in the 1st game's coding for playable status, would like to see him playable, but I don't know if they even care about adding him.
I was in a Disney Infinity event for celebration of the launch of the game and you can make a shirt with various premade prints you can put in front of the shirt. One of them was a print of Vanellope and Zurg and my husband and I got two of them, each for one of us. It's strange that Zurg did not go any further than that.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I was in a Disney Infinity event for celebration of the launch of the game and you can make a shirt with various premade prints you can put in front of the shirt. One of them was a print of Vanellope and Zurg and my husband and I got two of them, each for one of us. It's strange that Zurg did not go any further than that.
Yea it was strange, probably because Zurg was more or less a robotic toy who had no legs could have been the problem, at least cute little Vanellope made it in, she's perfect alongside Dash they complement each other well.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Slightly unrelated to the Disney Infinity poll but two teaser trailers for The Avengers and Toy Story That Time Forgot Blu-Rays have been released!
As of right now, Toy Story That Time Forgot's release is still unknown. I can see it releasing in the middle of autumn considering Toy Story of Terror released in August.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disne...to-choose-the-next-disney-infinity-character/

So what are the current standings?

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268

Mabel in a landslide (which is rather dumb as GF's creator admitted he didn't want any of the 2 main characters in a Disney game), followed by Darkwing Duck.
Then why does this exist?

Gameplay footage starting at 21 seconds.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
And even if the creator does not want it, people are voting for her anyway to try to encourage Disney to treat the show better and get more good merchandise. I don't even own Disney Infinity and probably many don't either and are doing it for that reason.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The next update should be based on fan votes. It would be interesting to see the various characters that fans picked that made the final cut.

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
The next update should be based on fan votes. It would be interesting to see the various characters that fans picked that made the final cut.
I'm going to vote for Anastasia from the movie Anastasia (not from Cinderella), Manny the Mammoth and Blu the parrot. Not voting for Shrek, everyone else will vote for him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm going to vote for Anastasia from the movie Anastasia (not from Cinderella), Manny the Mammoth and Blu the parrot. Not voting for Shrek, everyone else will vote for him.
This post is beautiful. :p

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I'll vote for Dr. Eggman, the Pingas master, we all secretly want him in just to hear him say stuff like SnooPingasusual and Get a load of this. After all, You know what they say, the more the merrier.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Not sure if this is true or not (then again it's Wkipedia so anything can be edited), well anyways according to Wikipedia the Incredibles 2 is set for a June 13, 2018 release date, if that was the case the entire synopsis and characters would have been revealed by now or been shown off at the upcoming D23.

Where did the rumored 2019 date go? (I hope it's still set for a 2019 release as I don't want to end up conflicted on what 2018 movie I want to see more as Godzilla 2 is out about a few months earlier.)

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Neither Cars 3 nor Incredibles 2 have a confirmed release date at the moment. I would like to assume that will be known at D23 when Lasseter announces the upcoming films from both Disney and Pixar.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Neither Cars 3 nor Incredibles 2 have a confirmed release date at the moment. I would like to assume that will be known at D23 when Lasseter announces the upcoming films from both Disney and Pixar.
I highly doubt it as the only upcoming films they're showcasing are the 2 coming out soon that we know of that's confirmed to be shown at the event, The Good Dinosaur and Finding Dory as they're going to be talking about those 2 films 1st, they'll probably reveal Cars 3 1st as that'll be out in 3 years time and is their big time money maker, Incredibles 2 will probably get teased some more by Bird before they officially show it, my guess is that they'll probably show the 2nd film at next year's D23.

If they do show off the Incredibles 2 it'll probably be the teaser poster and possibly the new look of the Parr family and maybe 1 screenshot from the film like Finding Dory, but that's probably going to be it, all I gotta say is please don't change Violet to what the fanboys want is all I'm hoping for.

Last edited:
Top Bottom