• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Last edited:

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
Kinda surprised about the Animation Style in Aijin (TV)... but it seems pretty nice. Also nice OST.
Only seen Ep. 1 so far I hope they didn't screw up the Manga's Story.
It not: <3

Saw 2 Eps of Owari no Seraph, prob. gonna drop it.
Pretty much: Looks nice, but meh inside. .-.

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
My brother said Owari Seraph is worse than Trinity Seven

That says a lot to me and I didnt even watch Trinity Seven...I just know its a stupid echi anime....

Apparently he said it was okay but the ending to season 2 made him puke..

D

Deleted member

what are some happy anime shows? :3

Last edited by a moderator:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
  • Aria the Animation/Natural/OVA (Arietta)/Origination/Avvenire
  • Sketchbook ~full color'S~
  • Hidamari Sketch
  • Genshiken (Nidaime)
  • Nodame Cantabile
  • "Guitar Ninjas" / Princess Tutu (I'd like to think of it as happy, IMO.... YMMV on this one)
  • Animal Yokocho
  • Bartender (to an extent.... and YES, it's an actual anime! 8D)
  • Ristorante Paradiso (KINDOF dirty at first, but it cleans itself up soon afterwards.... <_> )
  • Baccano! (The Summer Action Movie Blockbuster of anime, IMO!)
  • Hyakko
  • GA: Geijitsuka Art Design Class
  • Lucky Star
  • The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi
  • Azumanga Daioh
  • Kino's Journey (Same view as "Guitar Ninjas", in that YMMV)
  • Mushishi (moreso Zoku-chou)
  • Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
  • Space Dandy
  • Samurai Champloo (I'd like to think of it as happy, IMO....)
  • BECK Mongolian Chop Squad (not THEE cleanest of series.... <.<)
  • Panty & Stocking (DEFINITELY the dirtiest series I'll be bringing up here!)
  • Eccentric Family/Uchouten Kazoku?? *Hasn't actually seen this one yet.....* >.<
  • Honey & Clover (2).... (SERIOUS YMMV on this one. Once you get halfway through Season 1, all the way to the very end, I don't know if happy would be how I would describe this.... At the very least, you can take "Waltz" the ED by Suneohair and RUN with it, if you want)
All the above are what I would consider "happy".
*Should actually get around to watching Avvenire ep 1 soon....*

Last edited:

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
Non Non Biyori (except one Scene. Q-Q)
Acchi Kocchi
Ouran Highschool Host Club
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Yuru Yuri

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'm currently watching the anime of Kirino Kousaka
Share your thoughts when you finish it (or stop watching it), really interested on hear someone else's opinion.
(one that does not adopt her as a waifu at least)

:196:

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Greetings Everyone I Finish watching Akame Ga Kill which it was Great Shows it had more or less everything that anyone can ask for Romance well Short, The action From this series is what I like the most it was pretty intense especially with that music during battle, Good Story and Great Funny Scene especially Tatsumi (Good Talker when things goes awful/ Seriously) and Lubbock and Cool Characters even the Jaegers I give this series 8 out of 10 cuz it had several Flaws I didn't see much in action Wave, Leone and Tatsumi; Tatsumi Keep Losing against Strongest opponents, Romance between Tatsumi and Mine was Short and etc. the other is Parasyte Maxium which I almost finish it is a OK Show it had Several flaws but for now I just wanna how everything end for the moment those two anime had been watching so far.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
About Akame ga Kill, (Spoilers warning) I did only watch Episode one, episode 21? (Lubbock's death), and the last episode.

And let me tell you, the manga is not only still running, it is way different (Lubbock was captured and brutally tortured until he tried to escape and got killed while trying, Kurome is not death but Ran is, and Night Raid (which was hilariously written as "Night Laid" once) is still fighting against Esdeath's army), but I think it developed much better than the anime (I mean, a lot of characters' deaths were not as anticlimatic).

Last edited:

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
About Akame ga Kill, (Spoilers warning) I did only watch Episode one, episode 21? (Lubbock's death), and the last episode.

And let me tell you, the manga is not only still running, it is way different (Lubbock was captured and brutally tortured until he tried to escape and got killed while trying, Kurome is not death but Ran is, and Night Raid (which was hilariously written as "Night Laid" once) is still fighting against Esdeath's army), but I think it developed much better than the anime (I mean, a lot of characters' deaths were not as anticlimatic).

Yes the battle between Akame and Esdeath was very Intense one of the best battle I ever seen I like the way she get out from that frozen time yes I think the manga is much better than the anime I readed somewhere that Mine isn't dead that she is in coma Also Tatsumi didn't died either and in the manga We can See in action wave and leone to See What they can do in anime didn't show too much of that. What other anime do you watch recently?

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039

About that, yeah. I have being following the manga and it has been pretty great in comparison on to the manga. Some characters get more attention unlike the anime and MORE things happen than on the anime. No wonder some people were kind of upset that the adaptation was kind of bad in comparison. Some things got skipped, others ignored or changed but still.

It was alright for what it was. And it made me want to read the manga as I got interested on thecharacters, the setting, the mythos, the events, etc.

And I'd give that to it.

:bowser:

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
-> Read Dimension W at the start of this month in 2 days
-> Waits for new Chapters
-> Sees 2 weeks later that apperantly it got an Anime at the start of this year.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Guess just what I've been reading recently!
Nisekoi is a romance story, and just as any other slice-of-life, it has TONS of dead chapters, but it is somehow very entertaining, specially considering it has a pretty short synopsis.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
What do you guys think about Pandora Hearts? The manga, not the awful anime.

I personally loved it, despite the somewhat slow start. The art is awesome, amazing story, complex characters, and I didn't see some plot twists coming.

One of the few mangas with which I could barely criticize, bad habit haha.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Boku no Hero Academia is SO VERY GOOD.
They did a FANTASTIC job adapting the manga. Got no complaints.

Gyakuten Saiban was pretty good, too. its main positive is that it's very loyal to the games (and the Opening is amazing) and good at explaining and visualizing the dynamics at the Court.
Too bad the first case's pacing wasn't so good and it felt rushed, you didn't get to really feel how important is Mia for Phoenix. I mean, it's kinda understandable since it wasn't awfully important (in the movie it was barely a single scene, a very well-worked one though), but a shame still.

Looking forward for A LOT of this season's anime, as well as catching up with the last one's.

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
OI can't believe they actually animated Pan de Peace... lol.

I'm looking forword to the bread warrior...

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Gyakuten Saiban was pretty good, too. its main positive is that it's very loyal to the games (and the Opening is amazing) and good at explaining and visualizing the dynamics at the Court.
Too bad the first case's pacing wasn't so good and it felt rushed, you didn't get to really feel how important is Mia for Phoenix. I mean, it's kinda understandable since it wasn't awfully important (in the movie it was barely a single scene, a very well-worked one though), but a shame still.

Funnily enough, some of their Pachinko machine animations look better than the anime quality wise :p

I still liked the first episode though. And yea it was rushed but apparently they are aiming for 26 episodes and the first 2 games. So I can see how they are trying to put one day in one episode, although some of the more complex cases (and longer days) will definitely need more.

Wonder if they will cut out some of those 'filler' cases.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Anyone else watched the Cyborg 009 vs Devilman OAV? It's beyond epic, though the conflict is kinda silly.
I loved it.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Here are the two animes that I started to watch after OPM! Has anyone start to watch?

My Hero Academia, an anime quite similar to OPM. Only difference is that the main character is a weakling right at the start.

Kabaneri of Iron Fortress, it's about a kind of zombie called Kabaner spread through the entire world and eventually 19th century Japan, and the main character Ikoma has to stop those monster.
What makes this anime special is because it's from the same producer of AoT, the composer is also Hirouki Swano. The guy who also made the amazing Xenoblade Chronicles X soundtrack.
Next AoT, I called it.
And last but not least is... Kill la Kill, one thing this anime impress me is Hiroyuki Swano's music.

Passing by to say that the latest OPM episode was amazing. It had a fair share of action, comedy, drama and satire all in one. One of the best episodes if you count those facts, and what somewhat makes the show right now. Debatably, one of the best of the year. :cool:

SOGUD.GIF

:bowser:
Have you watch episode 12?

So here's my review on KoIF

Mumei looks hotter and more older when she's in her battle suit. (Also Mumei in Kanji 無名 actually means "No name",hm...) Also more bada** already when we see her fight against those Kabaners.
It also seems that Mumei is not completely immune to the Kabaner virus, she still has to strip her neck after 110 seconds...
Takumi (No, not that Takumi) is really brave in this episode at least.
And sad for Ayama's father, that makes me wonder... when and why did he got bite?
And Ikoma is a dork... even when he's Kabaneri

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I... don't really get the BNHA with OPM comparisons.
They have their similarities (like the whole hero thing and the rankings systems), but the plots and developing are completely different.
I enjoy both for different reasons.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I... don't really get the BNHA with OPM comparisons.
They have their similarities (like the whole hero thing and the rankings systems), but the plots and developing are completely different.
I enjoy both for different reasons.
Nah, BNHA can just be sort of a fill up for the OPM anime hiatus.
However, I feel like BNHA is more towards kid audience.

And I also don't really get how can some people notice KoIF is a AoT rip-off, where they are all from the same producer...
KoIF is also one of the few "brand new" anime in 2016. They will have manga version next month.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Man, both Kabaneri of Iron Fortress and My Hero Academia have been delayed. Have wait for four days...

TK8305

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TK8305
Recently finished To Love Ru. I'm on To Love Ru Darkness Ep 4 currently. :3

Also still on Anne Happy...since it's new and only 4 eps in...it'll be a few more weeks before I knock that one out.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So far what I've watched this season:
  • Gyakuten Saiban has horrible pacing, but it's pretty loyal to the games so it's very okay if you played them. I still give props to Capcom for trying so hard, and were not too far from good.
  • Boku no Hero Academia makes great justice to the manga, I've been loving it to no end. Soon Hagakure ♥.
  • Kiznaiver is what Trigger is able to do when they get serious, hooking plot and characters, though silly at times.
  • At the other side of Trigger we have Uchuu Patrol Luluko: short, silly, funny, and "running development without a finished script".
  • I had high hopes for Joker Game, and while I didn't expect it to be comedy, it's too boring and monotone, has not one single plot to focus on, and unlike other suspense series, it's pretty predictable.
  • Bakuon is not good, but I have bias because it's about bikes, and I love bikes.
    I think that's it.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So far what I've watched this season:

• Gyakuten Saiban has horrible pacing, but it's pretty loyal to the games so it's very okay if you played them. I still give props to Capcom for trying so hard, and were not too far from good.
  • Boku no Hero Academia makes great justice to the manga, I've been loving it to no end. Soon Hagakure ♥.
  • Kiznaiver is what Trigger is able to do when they get serious, hooking plot and characters, though silly at times.
  • At the other side of Trigger we have Uchuu Patrol Luluko: short, silly, funny, and "running development without a finished script".
  • I had high hopes for Joker Game, and while I didn't expect it to be comedy, it's too boring and monotone, has not one single plot to focus on, and unlike other suspense series, it's pretty predictable.
  • Bakuon is not good, but I have bias because it's about bikes, and I love bikes.
    I think that's it.
I have also watch Boku no Hero Academia and it's manga, I also watch Kabaneri of Iron Fortress as well.

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
Watching Mayoiga... still hoping that it gets good. .c
For a pretty char driven Anime it kinda Fails at developing These so far.
Most of them are rly just doing 1 Thing and that's it.
*wants to fill the void that Durarara!! has left*

Still Need to go uptodate with Pan de Peace.
The manga is short as well and was nice so far.
Seems like they cutted one of the best Scenes in the Anime tho! :<
Still, it's a decent and short Comedy/slice of bread/School/cutestuff thingy.

Last edited:

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
I'm loving Re:Zero, Kabaneri and Boku no Hero Academia this season. Netoge is a nice and fun RomCom. Sakamoto desu ga is straight-up stupid yet hilarious, I love it. Re:Zero is my favourite from the season though, it just keeps getting better and better. Episode 7 was so emotional and intense. I'm really behind in Kiznaiver and Joker Game so I have to catch up with those. Bungou Stray Dogs is pretty good too, 3 episodes behind that. I have yet to start Sailor Moon Crystal S3 but I'm really glad the animation looks so much better now. Flying Witch is also a nice relaxing slice-of-life with a tint of supernatural.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS.
The plot is not exactly heavy, or compiling even....
But the characters are amazingly written, and moreover: The art is fantastic.
From character designs to backgrounds to colors to music to acting, only watching it is a great experience.

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
The Oldman Manga finished recently. Pretty good read. Berserk-ish.

Fire Punch is kinda interesting, tho it's only 3 chapters in.
It's about a world in ice thro the curse of an ice-witch were gifted ppl. (=superpowers) exist.
Humanity is clinging to life in the ice hell and the main char who has the ability to Regenerate his Body helps out his village by giving them his flesh.
Until everything gets fu'd over, he gets turned into an ever burning candle and seeks revenge travelling through the ice.
Char development is fine so far.

Mayoiga seems to get better at Ep. 6/7 since we finally get to learn what the chars are like.
Still iffy on it, but hopefully I don't have to skip through an episode again.

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
Hello, everyone. So. . . I need some help. Ha ha. Recently, I've again thought about an anime (movie, I believe(?)) that has been eluding me for many, many years now. 10 +, in fact. I've done some searching myself, but I just can't find the answer. The very little I can remember about it had to do with this red train / transportation during the movie (the name "Red Centipede" keeps coming to mind for some reason), and the scene I remember most is where this man has some kind of root / vine in his wrist / forearm area, and as he tugs on it, it rips his arm and skin apart. Ha ha. That's literally all I can remember, and it's tearing me apart that I have not been able to find out what I was watching way back in the day. . . If anyone can be of help in knowing or finding out, that would be much appreciated!

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
Getting into Ippo again... 300 Chapters in 1 Week and still 300 to go. Need. Moar.

Top Bottom